3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #83 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46485-time-serious-fun-83-a.html)

Cheryn 09-15-2004 10:09 AM

Thanks for the welcome :wave: I am looking forward to the support, encouragement and challenges that will follow. My begining wt and current wt is 214. Soon I will figure out how to put that in my signature or wherever you all have it.

gma22 09-15-2004 02:52 PM

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS

Faye :bravo:
Julie :cp:
SandyB :cp:

FYI: I am going to start putting everyone's pts for the day all together no matter when you post them instead of doing it several times so be sure and look for them once a day from now on. For example, when Amanda posts her pts, I will edit this post and stick them up there with the rest instead putting them on a separate post.

Cheryn: is is pronounced Sharon? I stuck your weight stats on the spreadsheet so Jan 1 you will know how much you have lost in the 4 month period. As far as posting your stats at the bottom, go to the User CP and click on edit signature and then stick whatever you want in the box there to the right.

We had such a fabo day. I know you "oldies" know the problems with my dd and involving my grandson and what not and that things have been so strained and my dh and I have had no idea why. Anyway, she was wonderful, we are having lunch next week too and going the end of Oct to Nashville overnight and go shopping. She even volunteered to let us take T to the movies in Oct when that shark kids movie comes out and you know we haven't had him to ourselves in almost 2 years. I just hope when this thing with her brother happened she realized what she had done to the family and is trying to make it better. Thanks to those of you who prayed for her and I to get things right with us. I am thrilled to death even if we did go to Stone Cold creamery and get ice cream today. It was worth it!

Faye

Satine 09-15-2004 05:44 PM

Hi, all ... just a quick pop in to say I am still here, just have been really sick with a bad flu bug since Saturday, have not been to work all week but am going back tomorrow, so I will post longer then...have a good day all !!!!

Cheryn 09-15-2004 08:33 PM

It is indeed pronounced Sharon and in fact that is my real name. Cheryn has just been a long time almost nick name for me and usually isnt taken in forums.

gma22 09-16-2004 06:19 AM

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and give yourself some time today!

I will check back in a few hours ladies.

Faye :)

gigglez 09-16-2004 06:39 AM

Morning I think.

Only pts for water and exercise yesterday. There was an openhouse at Corey's school yesterday evening, and with no time to cook before it I ended up eating what was there. The good thing was that I did not give in to the cookies and cakes that was calling my name. So that is the good part.

Welcome to you Cheryn! This is a wonderful place and I know that you will love it here.

As to the deal with my lil bullheaded boy, yes I have laid out his cloths the night before and he does dress before he eats. However, with the ADHD there are many days that no matter it is hard getting him ready. His bedtime is 9 pm but lately I have been enforcing a 830 bedtime. I get him up at 6 am and meds are the first thing that we do. I really hate the idea of getting im up at 530, guess that I am dreadign giving up any sleep for me.

Julie, I too had no idea about the writing. I am thrilled for you. I know that it is hard and that with time you will get that novel published. Just got a case of nose trouble here what type of mags have you had your articles published in?

Faye, glad to hear that you had a great day with your dd and T. If anyone deserves it you do.

Carri, hope that you get to feeling better soon. I guess that the bright side of the bug is that if you are like me you have lost more weight. LOL!

Going to get a move on catch everyone later.

Hugs to all
sandy

Mirabelly 09-16-2004 08:36 AM

Morning lovelies!

Finally! A 4 point day for me yesterday. :D It's so much easier for me on Mondays and Wednesdays when I have exercise already scheduled in. I'm gonna have to do something today though, if I'm gonna keep my 4 day exercising goal this week.

SandyB and Sandy--Thanks so much for the words of encouragement about my writing. :grouphug: They mean alot to me, really. Everyone should have dreams encouraged, but so few people do. It's sad really. We all are truly blessed to have each other here.

Faye--I'm so glad your daughter seems to be turning a corner! I know she tends to be cyclical with her emotions, so I hope this time the good feelings stick for good.

Carrie--Sorry to hear about your flu. Hope you're feeling better and are enjoying that new job! Congrats, by the way, I'm so happy for you. I know you were miserable where you were.

CHeryn--WELCOME to our little group! I think you'll find the group here very supportive and successful at helping everyone progress towards their goals.

Amanda--Missed you yesterday, hon....you must've been out swimming :D

Susan, Cat(s), everyone else.....Have a wonderful day!

Julie

Sandybrat 09-16-2004 09:19 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!!! 4 points yesterday... helped my friend rearrange her living room...lol hauled chairs upstairs ... it was fun! And she is thrilled with her new room. Welcome to Cheryn... the women here are the best... filled with love,support and hope.
Faye... I am so glad all went well yesterday with u and dd. I agree as well that i hope it sticks... it would be so good for you all.
Julie... oh my friend... i am thrilled that i could help encourage u to keep at your dream... your right everyone needs that... and i have no problem helping out when i can...lol
Sandy... congrats on the no cookies...lol maybe this thing with Corey is a faze... or hes just having a hard time getting into the routine... hopefully it will all fall into place soon
Amanda... hope all is well with u over there...
Carrie... i hope u feel better soon... altho i agree with Sandy... weight loss...lol!! Seriously tho... get well soon
EVeryone eles... hope all is well with you all... I have to get in the shower after my coffee... need ot pick up my dd form school at 10am... She went to camp yesterday.... and she was sooooooooo excited... i am anxious to find out how it went. :D
I will check back later... everyone have a fantabulous day... remember to take care of u... love to u all
Sandy

Cheryn 09-16-2004 10:20 AM

Four points for my first day...it's always easy to start. It's the follow through thats tough. But there is that dress hanging in my closet I want to wear! Well, I am more determined than I ever have been before to get back to the svelt me I used to be!

What do you all do on Thursdays to take care of yourselves?

gma22 09-16-2004 12:34 PM

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
SandyB :bravo:
Cheryn :bravo:
Faye :dancer:
SandyG :dancer:
Carri :bravo:

Cheryn: I believe it is important for each of us to give ourselves special time so I set up Thursday for that day. It can be anything from a bubble bath, an hour alone with a book, a manicure, whatever, just some time to yourself. Most of these women, unlike I, have children that take up a lot of their time. I see you have three and know that you are probably always busy so you MUST give yourself some time and be good to yourself.

YEAH, the car will be done today and they even DETAILED it! They found a mechanical problem that will cost us about $150 but we just can't swing it right now. We have spent about $500 on rental cars and then $250 for the deductible that the insurance didn't cover. It will have to wait until payday next week. I will be so glad to get my big ole car back looking like new!

Well, I need to clean downstairs and this isn't getting it done. Well done on pts girls! Tomorrow is weigh in so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all and me too!

Satine 09-16-2004 04:15 PM

Afternoon all -
I had 4 points for yesterday, sick and all...I am back to work today, thanks for all of the well wishes...for those of you who said I may lose weight , you are wrong :lol: If anything I gained weight because I was too sick to cook and just took whatever my dh would buy and bring me ( pizza, McDonalds,
etc ) ... so I guess only tomorrows scales will tell, I am a little scared...but obviously yesterday I was back on track and ready to go...a little hungrier today than usual but I will get through it ...

Faye - Good news on the car front, glad to hear it has worked out ( too bad you had to pay some )...

Julie - Thanks for the congrats on the job, I did accept the position but I may not be able to start it for a few weeks, so I am still in my old miserable position for now...oh well, something to look foward to I guess :)

Cheryn - Welcome

Hi to All and have a great night....

gigglez 09-17-2004 12:32 AM

Evening.

Just checking in real quick. Got in exercise and water and staying op wasnt there. Have been upset about the weather that is nearing us. Eventhough I have found a place to move to I can't move in just yet and I am worried that this porch my come off of the back and cause me some trouble before I move. GOing to try to sleep some will check in in the moring

hugs
sandy

gma22 09-17-2004 06:45 AM

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs DOwn Friday. How many did you lose this week, girls?????

My car is soooo pretty. They even cleaned the leather seats, steering wheel etc and it smelled so nice. They waxed it and hopefully it won't rain today and mess it all up already. Looks like a brand new car except for a couple spots on the rear bumper where the coating stuff has chipped a little and on the left passenger door where a shopper whacked it with their car and put a small dent in it.

I will be back later ladies

Mirabelly 09-17-2004 07:47 AM

Morning Ladies,
Hope all you hurricane-y folks are surviving ok. I got 2 points yesterday....water and exercise. Ate too many calories. I just can't seem to get it all together at once. I am still on track to meet my goals this week, though. 5 days op (I have 4) and 4 days of exercise (I have 3) and 8,000 words (I have nearly 5,000)...so that makes me happy.

Faye, glad you like the car....after all that hassle!

I have to git now....the mommy bus is leaving.

TTFN,
Julie

mscat816 09-17-2004 07:53 AM

Dropping in!

Hi Lovely Ladies - been MIA again - rough week! I haven't been OP except for yesterday, - today was the first day I exercised, and I have been roughing it with the water. :( But today is another day, and the first day of the rest of my life.

Did have a chance to catch up on all your posts on the treadmill this a.m. Realized I can't TM for a full 20 minutes in the a.m. because my scalp perspires and then I can't do anything with my hair for work. :?: So I decided to stop after before that point and do a little banding or ab work.

Our sunroom is up! They have interior work to complete and then they will take out the wall that separates the living room. I am sooo exited. :D DH is still in Germany so I have been sending him pictorial updates since he is missing the build. He is going to the October fest today!

No pounds down - I am actually up 4 lbs - I am not upset about it because I know it is the result of inconsistent work over the past two weeks. So I will buckle down and make certain it doesn't happen again.

Faye - I am sooo happy you have your car back. I took mine to a crappy brake shop and they messed up my brakes. I am not happy. Took it to a more reputable shop and they said it wasn't dangerous and the brakes will adjust but will probably need to fixed again sooner than later.

Welcome Cheryn! This is a wonderful, supportive and fun group.

Sandy - It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would encourage you to infuse your game idea into the morning. Also, for most kids (don't know if this is true for your guy) it often is better to offer something they want or like than to take something away. Looking forward to getting something, especially if it can be more immediate, like that morning is more motivating in encouraging the right behavior. Children are moved by immediate gratification as opposed to avoidance of the punishment. It can be as simple as a special breakfast treat, listening to his favorite tape in the car, stickers on a chart which results in a treat at the end of the week or mom doing the chicken dance, etc. Good luck.

:wave: Hello to everyone - you all are doing such a fantastic job. You move, touch, and inspire me.

mscat