3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #83 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46485-time-serious-fun-83-a.html)

gma22 09-11-2004 02:42 AM

Time For Serious Fun #83

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22 09-11-2004 02:46 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Can you make us smile or laugh today?

Amanda: I put your pts and wt loss with the others on yesterday's thread.

I just want to say how proud I am of this group. We are losing lbs and staying on track. It is always good to see not just that lbs are being lost, but that you ladies are taking seriously your program and all the rest. Let's keep up the good work and get this nasty stuff off of us once and for all.

talk to you later in the morning

Faye :)

gigglez 09-11-2004 07:04 AM

Morning everyone!

It is amazing what a good nights rest can do for you. This is one of the few Saturdays that I can remember in over a year that I didn't have to get up and be at work before 3 am. I hope that everyone will have a wonderful sunny day!

hugs
sandy

gigglez 09-11-2004 07:08 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I got myself a little delima here I have found out last night that one of my friends has fixed my up for a blind date tonight. While I do appericate this I made plans, sorta with Richard and Corey for tonight. Part of me thinks that I should go on and go out but then again I do know that since we have divorced Richard and I get along so much better. I know part of it is because he lives about 30 mins away and some of it is that he has finally accepted that I am a mommy first. It is so funny how men get so upset when a child is put before them. OK any help will be greatly appericated.

Thanks

sandy

Sandybrat 09-11-2004 12:38 PM

Morning Beautifuls... barely but still morning....lol 4 points for yesterday. Sandy... are u looking for someone to go out with?? Maybe u should go and see, u may have fun... and if you and richard get along better now... u know that he will be there as your friend right?? or do u want more than that from him... and please dont think i am being nosy... thses are just questions for u to ask your self.,.. lol i dont need an answer...lol! Follow your instincts... the dont steer you wrong.
WTG Amanda... on the loss and the volunteer work... i am wanting to do some volunteer stuff here as well. Theres a womens shelter here that i donate stuff too and they have asked if i would like to volunteer my time as well... i think it would be very rewarding... and fun as well.
I am going shopping today to get some good tuna steaks... i have a craving...lol and since our neighbor is leaving tuesday for overseas i want to make a nice dinner for all of us. so steaks and utuna steaks on the grill... salad.. and some roasted veggies. A nice bottle of wine and we are all set. anybody else care to join us??? LOL I love cooking for others...
I hope u all have a fantastic day... rmember to take care of u.. love to u all
Sandy

gma22 09-11-2004 04:50 PM

SandyB :bravo:
Faye :bravo:

SandyG Ok the old married budinsky is going to put in my two cents. IF Corey knows you have plans then I believe it is best to go out with he and his dad. Personally, it is pretty cheeky for a friend to make plans for you without consulting you first and doing it at the last minute. I know it is nice to meet new people, but on the other hand it is not fair to you to be backed into a corner this way. Also, I am assuming this is for Corey's BD so that is most important I think. Just my opinion and besides, can't the blind date be rescheduled instead of your night with your son? If not, he may not be such a catch!

Julie: Bought the cookbook and haven't used it yet but it has great recipes though a couple of them kind of turned my stomach. From a lady who is German and grew up eating German food, try the saurbraten! It has the same ingredients as my grandma's so I am sure it is tasty.

have a great weekend ladies

mscat816 09-11-2004 05:34 PM

Mia

Hi ladies! I have been sooooo busy and overwhelmed that I haven't been able to post but I have been reading your posts in the a.m. when I am on the treadmill! :tread: Short of the long is . . .:soap:
1. dh is in germany for 6 weeks and we talk at 1:30 a.m. my time most nights (which = less sleep). :tired:
2. dd started high school and has to be at bus stop at 6:30 a.m. (which = less sleep) :tired:
3. had a major project for work that was keeping me there late and working through lunch (no one was helping me!)
4. best girl moving to Atlanta - spending many nights to the wee hours helping her (which = less sleep). :tired:
5. my van has brake problems, so I drove dh's cobra and ran up on a concrete stop sign post at grocery store and added another set of scratches - then took my van to the dealer and they want $800 for brakes!
6. mom's best friend and my dd's godmother is failing from cancer.
7. had a total murphy's law day on Friday for about 12 hours straight!

I am restbroken and a little stressed - thank goodness i have God and my landmark education - He gives me my spiritual fortitude and landmark gives me my counter actions! Life is good and I am grateful for what I have and what I can do. I survived the week and I just attended a 4 -hour landmark event that is occurring all over the world called "Causing the Miraculous." It was great!:D

I have enjoyed reading your posts - will respond later this weekend to some of personally. For now Faye, I am sorry I missed checking in for the start of the quarter. If I am still eligible to join - my weight at the start was 227. I down only 1.5 lbs today but that is better than gaining especially given that I haven't been eating, drinking, and sleeping regularly. 3 pointing most of the week due to exercise and staying on plan - but drinking and sleeping is not good. I know you know, Faye, even though we don't get points for it, how important sleep factors into our metabolism and weight loss issues.

Fabulous job to all on your weight losses this week!:bravo:

mscat816 239/225.5/140

gma22 09-11-2004 08:27 PM

MsCat: Just wanted to let you know I stuck your beginning weight in on our challenge spreadsheet so you are ready to go! Good job on the 2 lbs btw.

Everyone have a great night. See you tomorrow

Faye

gma22 09-12-2004 06:23 AM

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is what is your favorite color? Do you wear it a lot?

Morning ladies. I like all shades of purple and I like yellow the best and they both look pretty good on me. I don't like brown and looks like brown and orange is the fall fashion colors so we are all going to look like pumpkins this season I guess! :lol:

check in later

Sandybrat 09-12-2004 09:18 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS... 4 points for yesterday. I think i need a cup of coffee this morning... kids were up b4 7am... its sunday!! obviously they dont care...lol As for the silly poll... i love white, pale blue and pink... i wear them alot. white tshirt or mans shirt most everyday... and i bought a few of the oversized mens dress shirts that i love to just throw on over my tshirt. I agree with u Faye... not a fan of brown... i do like orange tho...lol
I hope everyone has a fantabulous day today... looks like its going to be a nice one here... remember to take care of u...love to everyone...
Sandy

Amanda Panda 09-12-2004 12:22 PM

Hi all!

I got 2 points yesterday - went a bit off plan with my eating, but not too bad! This was the first week that I went swimming 3 times - I'm really pleased that I have managed to gradually build it up from once a week to 3 times a week. I actually wasn't in the mood to go yesterday, as I felt really tired, but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go, so I just got on with it and went and felt much better for it.

My favourite colour (at the moment) is baby blue - I used to love purple, and all I wore was black and purple, but now I am trying out new colours. Like Sandy, I love pale blues and pinks and white - but if I'm having a 'fat day', I'll stick to the darker colours! ;)

Wow - we had some great losses this week!

MsCat - I hope you are able to catch up on your sleep soon! 6 weeks away from your husband is a long time - I bet you miss him! I'm glad your little accident in the van wasn't too serious and you weren't hurt.

Sandy G - Any decisions about the 'blind date' yet? I think I agree with Faye - it's a little thoughtless of your friend to make plans for you without checking with you, especially on Corey's birthday weekend. I'm sure her heart was in the right place - the question is, do you want to start dating?

Susan - well done for using the dumbells - that will really define your arms. I've got a couple here at home and am thinking of doing a bit of a workout with them later.

Faye - Well done on losing 10lb. Keep at it and keep your eyes on the prize! - we can do this!

Carri, Julie, Sandy B, Dorothy - have a great day!

Love Amanda x

mscat816 09-12-2004 04:43 PM

Silly Sunday

Hi Lovely Ladies:

I am chatting with my dh in germany while watching the football games and our fantasy football stats. What a wonderful thing the internet is. :D

Amanda - thanks for the thoughts - I felt good this a.m. but around 3 I started to feel fatique again. I had some :coffee: because I have to meet Tay's father in Ohio (about a two hour drive) to pick her up from her visit! BTW it was my husband's cobra I scratched up - I wish it was my van. The van needs a brake job but I ain't paying the dealership $800 for that!

Sandy G - I agree that plans with Corey and his father superceed. You might want to tell your friend you appreciate her thoughts and to keep you informed of any other opportunities for you to meet new people so you can schedule around the number one man in your life - Corey.

My favorite color is blue - but I have so much yellow in my skin I can't always wear certain shades. I don't like brown but I look great in that of course! :lol: My husband and I both like black so I am trying to put splashes of color in our home to counteract the black furniture - hence the red valances I am making with hand stenciled black chinese characters!

Have a great Sunday :wave:- mscat 239/225.5/140

gma22 09-12-2004 05:53 PM

Amanda :dancer:

We are having thunder storms so I need to get off. Just wanted to post points for yesterday

gma22 09-13-2004 06:28 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is staying OP. Let's commit this week to being OP all week even if we can't get 4pts everyday.

later girls

Mirabelly 09-13-2004 07:46 AM

Morning Lovelies!

Quickie post...gotta get the kids to school. Lots of exercise this weekend, but totally BAD BAD choices with food. Makes this Monday's mission perfect for me. I'm needing to set goals I can achieve for a morale boost....so:

This week I WILL:
Stay OP 5 days, exercise 4 days, write 8,000 words in my book.

I've been keeping to my promise of writing every school day really well, but there's been alot of 1/2 days and vacation days the past 2 weeks. They like to ease the kids into a full week. This is a full week, though, and I want to build up to writing 2,000 words a day. I've been writing 1,000 pretty easily, so with Saturday as a backup day I should be able to meet the 8,000.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I've been eyeing that saurbraten recipe, Faye, except I'm not so sure about the gingersnaps....

Gotta fly, kids are in the van.
Be back later,
Julie

Sandybrat 09-13-2004 11:17 AM

Hello BEAUTIFULS!!!!! Another 4pointer yesterday...The cookout went fabulously... and the steaks were just to die for. Not a prob staying op yesterday... the tuna steaks turned out just as nice as the ribeyes. I even passed up cheesecake for dessert. its still in the fridge... i will let my daughter have it when she gets home from school. I am feeling the rearrageing bug again... i just cant seem to find a way to put my living room that i can live with for longer than 2-3 weeks... And for me that very frustrating...lol I love my new couch... but its huge... so it limits where i can put it. I will most likely finish here and start playing around with the furniture agian...lol oh well... its excellent exercise! I agree and will stay op this week. and do my best to get in my exercise... its hard when u cant wear a shoe but i have lots of options lately. I hope you ladies have a fantabulous day today... remember to take care of U... lvoe to u all
Sandy

Amanda Panda 09-13-2004 02:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

I managed to scrape a 3 pointer yesterday , but believe me I very nearly went over my calorie allowance! I've been feeling a little down over the past few days, and have found myself comfort eating. So far, I have managed to keep within my calorie allowance (just) but it has not been easy. I was shopping in town today and all around me was temptation -pastries, full fat sandwiches, pies... everything is geared towards unhealthy eating isn't it? I did my best to resist, but i did buy 2 crusty white rolls and some Brie :o - but I should be able to factor them into my diet without going over my cals - I hope so cause I've already eaten them!! :rofl:

I'm trying to remain disciplined during this low mood - I'm so happy that I've lost 7lb (my first half stone we call it here in the UK), and I don't want to blow all my hard work.

Anyway, have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gma22 09-13-2004 07:57 PM

Amanda :cp:
Me :dancer:

Amanda Keep focusing on the lbs lost so you will stay OP. I know you can overcome this! Keep as busy as you possibly can!

Julie: I think the main thing with the gingersnaps is the flavor they add. Grandma crushed her and they disolved in the "sauce"

Gotta go we have thunderboomers again tonight.

Oh, Jack raised the roof because the car is not done and so they are payin for us a rental until it is done. They can't match the paint color!

gma22 09-14-2004 06:44 AM

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is reasons for losing weight. To benefit fully from the hard work you are doing, make sure you kNOW the reason you are losing weight, not to impress someone, because your spouse or boyfriend wants it, because someone makes fun of you, etc. You should be losing weight because you want to improve your health AND because it is what YOU want for YOURSELF. Let's make sure that our reasons are the right ones or we won't be happy with the results.

later girls

Sandybrat 09-14-2004 07:16 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS... I agree Faye... has to be the right reason... otherwise its not going to work. Well, another 4 pointer yesterday... got my exercise in by rearranging the furniture... i like the way it looks... nice... airry... and different...lol. Well i am pmsing badly... and i realized that id forgotten to take my celexa for the past 2 days... i call that my crazy medicine...lol but its not a good thing... i can feel the "edge" so to speak... so i took it this morning and hopefully today will go smoothly. I am not my usual happy self and i cant stand that... but today will be better.
For dinner last night i made spaghetti squash chicken alfredo... it turned out rather well... i like it and so did hubby... even my youngest did... the other 2 wanted real spaghetti...lol oh well ... i tried and i did make them at least taste it... thats my rule.... u dont have to eat all of it... but u do have to try it. I have to find some recipies that the whole family will enjoy... guess that will be my mission for the day... lol
Hope all you ladies have a fantastic day... remember to take care of U... If you would keep my friends Jim and Cindy and tehir 3 boys in your thoughts and prayers today... he leaves for Kuwait today... and i know its going to be hard on them all... thanks you guys... love to u all
Sandy

Mirabelly 09-14-2004 08:45 AM

Morning Lovelies!

3 points for me yesterday......stayed op and exercised, but forgot the water :(

Not much going on here. It's a lovely fall day, started out around 40 when I woke up but is going to warm to about 65. My kind of weather! I started gathering kindling from the woods out back yesterday....one of my favorite fall activities. It gets me outside in the sunshine, is exercise but not too strenuous, and it's a job that really HAS to be done.

SandyB--You are on FIRE with those 4 pointers girl! Way to GO!!!!

Speaking of WTG--Yesterday I filled up my car after dance class and the guy inside said "You get a free candybar with every fillup". Without even thinking, I said "No thanks, give 2 to the next guy." That was pretty cool.

Faye--glad you're getting a rental for the week. I hate being without a car! I can't believe they can't match a paint color........they do all that by computer!

Well, guess I gotta get going....it's time to write!

Everybody have a fabulous day!
Julie

gma22 09-14-2004 11:48 AM

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :cp:
Faye :dancer: (think I went over on fat so didn't give myself OP pts)

Carri: you buried under paint cans, honey? We missed you yesterday.

Julie: Let's see one of the paint problems is what the insurance company wants them to use and it just does not match up. On top of that, they have to paint not only the grill and bumper, but the hood, sides, and part of the doors to blend it all in. We have a car that is a baby blue color and in the light if it is off just a smidge, you can tell so he said he doesn't give it back until it is perfect. As long as we have transpo and aren't paying I don't care how long it takes.

SandyB I will keep your friends in my prayers. been there and done that and know what the separation is like. My dh was in the Navy during the Vietnam War and it was ugly like the one we are in now. Luckily, he didn't have to serve in Vietnam, but had a couple things happen with a couple of the ships he served on that was scary (his ship was in Hiafa, Israel when they bombed the marine barracks there and his ship was the one that a couple of pilots were shot down way back when Quadafi was causing us problems)

I have my walk in, clothes laundered and put away, upstairs cleaned and I am getting ready to go downstairs and do my weight lifting stuff.

Have a great day. It is 85 and HUMID here.

Faye

Amanda Panda 09-14-2004 02:25 PM

Hi girls,

I lost the plot a bit yesterday and didn't even journal what I ate at all! :o I'm back on track today though - I had to force myself to leave the house and go swimming, but I must say I'm glad I went as I feel better for it.

Julie - well done on passing up the choccie bar!

Must :angel:

Love Amanda x

gigglez 09-14-2004 09:51 PM

Evening all!

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few. Corey's birthday and then checking out places to move to. I have found a place it is much smaller than what I have now but it is in a really nice place and there is less traffic there. The only disadvantage is that I have to take Corey to school every day now. He isn't able to change school because he needs to be able to ride a bus to my mother's house the nights that I close but I think that we can live with that. As for the deal with my friend setting up those dates I went out with neither. Unfortantly Richard wasn't able to keep our plans he had a test to study for but Corey understood and believe it or not was sorta unhappy but knew that school was important to him. It is amazing how much better things are since we do live apart. As for dating others I think that I have decided to not to worry about that.

Faye, hope that you get your car back soon. I agree with Julie. Seems to me that somewhere someone is slacking. It is so true about loosing weight for you and not for someone else. It makes it easier if you are doing for you.

SandyB, I will pray for your friends. I hope that there is an end to this soon. As for your "crazy medcine" as you call starts to kick in soon.

Amanda, just think about what you have lost so far. I know that ifin you focus on you and your goals you will be able to accomplish this.

Havent had too many good days since Sat so heres to getting back on track.

Sunny thoughts
sandy

gma22 09-15-2004 05:08 AM

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Can we help you with anything? Just spout it out!

I had 4pt yesterday. Kind of squeaked it. I am not eating bad stuff but came close with my fat cal again.

I will check in later ladies, but may not be until this afternoon late as dd and I are going to be out with each other today.

faye :)

gigglez 09-15-2004 06:43 AM

Morning.

So far I am doing so good staying OP this morning. Although fighting with this bullheaded boy to get dressed for school might get the best of me. Any ideas to get someone to get a move on to get dressed. Time to start taking away toys I guess. Usually if I write out a list and tell him he has to get these task done before a certain time he will but that isn't working. Other than that I am looking forward to a great day!

Here's to a day full of sunshine

sandy

Mirabelly 09-15-2004 07:53 AM

Morning girls,

3 points for me again.....no exercise GRRRRRRRR. Don't know what's wrong with me. I have figured out that since I've been going through this "midlife crisis" thing (since last fall) I've been using food as comfort and strength. I thought I was out of the woods and had life figured out again, but I've been turning to food more and more lately. Not usually bad foods, just way too much of it. Especially since I've committed to my writing....I'm nervous, really nervous about trying to write novels. I've written one complete one and several 1/2 way through....and darn near sold the first one. I've got over 20 published magazine articles, so I know the process. It's just that I've always pinned my hopes that "someday" I'll be a RAF (Rich and Famous) novelist. Now I've decided that someday needs to start NOW, and I'm afraid that if I fail I've got nothing left in the hopes and dreams department. Goofy huh?

SO, I have to find some other way to cope with the nervousness besides food. I will. I know. It just all takes so much time to figure out.

Faye, hope you have a great day with your daughter

Sandy, have you tried having your son pick out his clothes the night before and making him get dressed before he comes down for breakfast?

Amanda, WTG on getting yourself out swimming!

Ok, gotta git now...........everyone have a super day!

Julie

Sandybrat 09-15-2004 08:28 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... Only 3 points points yesterday... no exercise... i was really out of it yesterday. TOM so that explains it i guess... and its been dreary and rainy... today will be as well... but... once i get everyone off to work and school i will do my yoga...that will make me feel better... i know it.
Sandy... i tell my boys when they start that i m not getting dressed stuff... that they can go to school in there pajamas then. They look at me like i am crazy... I do like Julies idea... altho having one myself that i got thru this with every morning he may or may not decide to cooperate...lol stubborn little buggers eh?? LOL I am trying an earlier bedtime... so hes "up" earlier... so far its working.... but then again... that can change tomorrow....lol
Amanda... congrats on the swimming... see, u just keep making yourself go... thats a biggie hon... focus on the positives... and stay optomistic!
Julie... I had no idea about your writing... i so admire you for that... what a gift! I would love to read some of your writings... keep up with it and the RAF will come faster than u know.. i beleive it... so should u... u r an amazing woman and have it within u to make those dreams come true...
On that note... we are ALL amazing women... and have it within ourselves to make our dreams come true... we just need to beleive in ourselves... and have someone else who deoes and will tell us once in a while... to help us to remember.
Faye... you keep us all together here.. keep our hopes and dreams alive within us... we all do that for each other. I am so blessed to have found you ladies... my "friends" i am honored to be call you all my friends..,
Everyone have a fantabulous day... remember to take time for U... and my love to you all...
thanks for your prayers for my friends...

Sandy

Cheryn 09-15-2004 08:59 AM

Hi All,

I am new to the group and to 3FC's. I have been lurking around and reading some posts and I hope that I will find some support and fun here. I am 36 and married with 3 kids. I want to get healthy and this is the first time I have committed myself to losing the lbs. Wish me luck!

Are you all following a specific plan here? I am ready to challenge myself. I have just started a low fat/low cal diet. Doing it the old fashioned way for now. I tried Atkins before and while I lost some weight I felt sick and had no energy! Of course the minute I went off the wt came back with a vengence.

gma22 09-15-2004 09:47 AM

Cheryn: Welcome welcome welcome to our group. We are always happy to have new members! These are great ladies and we have everything from college girls to grandmas (me, only). Everyone is on plans they can deal with so it is not like we are all WW or Atkins. I am on a fat and cal program myself so let me know if you need anything. You are welcome to join the challenge for this quarter, but you will not be eligible for the gift card until next quarter. For any info on pts etc, see the first post on the thread. It gives you everything you need to know. If you want to join the challenge, I need your beginning weight so I can put it in the spreadsheet. It ends Dec 31.

I need to vamoose as my dd is coming early. I just wanted to peek in. I will post this afternoon with pts and tell you how it went.

Cheryn 09-15-2004 10:09 AM

Thanks for the welcome :wave: I am looking forward to the support, encouragement and challenges that will follow. My begining wt and current wt is 214. Soon I will figure out how to put that in my signature or wherever you all have it.

gma22 09-15-2004 02:52 PM

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS

Julie :cp:
SandyB :cp:

FYI: I am going to start putting everyone's pts for the day all together no matter when you post them instead of doing it several times so be sure and look for them once a day from now on. For example, when Amanda posts her pts, I will edit this post and stick them up there with the rest instead putting them on a separate post.

Cheryn: is is pronounced Sharon? I stuck your weight stats on the spreadsheet so Jan 1 you will know how much you have lost in the 4 month period. As far as posting your stats at the bottom, go to the User CP and click on edit signature and then stick whatever you want in the box there to the right.

We had such a fabo day. I know you "oldies" know the problems with my dd and involving my grandson and what not and that things have been so strained and my dh and I have had no idea why. Anyway, she was wonderful, we are having lunch next week too and going the end of Oct to Nashville overnight and go shopping. She even volunteered to let us take T to the movies in Oct when that shark kids movie comes out and you know we haven't had him to ourselves in almost 2 years. I just hope when this thing with her brother happened she realized what she had done to the family and is trying to make it better. Thanks to those of you who prayed for her and I to get things right with us. I am thrilled to death even if we did go to Stone Cold creamery and get ice cream today. It was worth it!

Faye

Satine 09-15-2004 05:44 PM

Hi, all ... just a quick pop in to say I am still here, just have been really sick with a bad flu bug since Saturday, have not been to work all week but am going back tomorrow, so I will post longer then...have a good day all !!!!

Cheryn 09-15-2004 08:33 PM

It is indeed pronounced Sharon and in fact that is my real name. Cheryn has just been a long time almost nick name for me and usually isnt taken in forums.

gma22 09-16-2004 06:19 AM

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and give yourself some time today!

I will check back in a few hours ladies.

gigglez 09-16-2004 06:39 AM

Morning I think.

Only pts for water and exercise yesterday. There was an openhouse at Corey's school yesterday evening, and with no time to cook before it I ended up eating what was there. The good thing was that I did not give in to the cookies and cakes that was calling my name. So that is the good part.

Welcome to you Cheryn! This is a wonderful place and I know that you will love it here.

As to the deal with my lil bullheaded boy, yes I have laid out his cloths the night before and he does dress before he eats. However, with the ADHD there are many days that no matter it is hard getting him ready. His bedtime is 9 pm but lately I have been enforcing a 830 bedtime. I get him up at 6 am and meds are the first thing that we do. I really hate the idea of getting im up at 530, guess that I am dreadign giving up any sleep for me.

Julie, I too had no idea about the writing. I am thrilled for you. I know that it is hard and that with time you will get that novel published. Just got a case of nose trouble here what type of mags have you had your articles published in?

Faye, glad to hear that you had a great day with your dd and T. If anyone deserves it you do.

Carri, hope that you get to feeling better soon. I guess that the bright side of the bug is that if you are like me you have lost more weight. LOL!

Going to get a move on catch everyone later.

Hugs to all
sandy

Mirabelly 09-16-2004 08:36 AM

Morning lovelies!

Finally! A 4 point day for me yesterday. :D It's so much easier for me on Mondays and Wednesdays when I have exercise already scheduled in. I'm gonna have to do something today though, if I'm gonna keep my 4 day exercising goal this week.

SandyB and Sandy--Thanks so much for the words of encouragement about my writing. :grouphug: They mean alot to me, really. Everyone should have dreams encouraged, but so few people do. It's sad really. We all are truly blessed to have each other here.

Faye--I'm so glad your daughter seems to be turning a corner! I know she tends to be cyclical with her emotions, so I hope this time the good feelings stick for good.

Carrie--Sorry to hear about your flu. Hope you're feeling better and are enjoying that new job! Congrats, by the way, I'm so happy for you. I know you were miserable where you were.

CHeryn--WELCOME to our little group! I think you'll find the group here very supportive and successful at helping everyone progress towards their goals.

Amanda--Missed you yesterday, hon....you must've been out swimming :D

Susan, Cat(s), everyone else.....Have a wonderful day!

Julie

Sandybrat 09-16-2004 09:19 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!!! 4 points yesterday... helped my friend rearrange her living room...lol hauled chairs upstairs ... it was fun! And she is thrilled with her new room. Welcome to Cheryn... the women here are the best... filled with love,support and hope.
Faye... I am so glad all went well yesterday with u and dd. I agree as well that i hope it sticks... it would be so good for you all.
Julie... oh my friend... i am thrilled that i could help encourage u to keep at your dream... your right everyone needs that... and i have no problem helping out when i can...lol
Sandy... congrats on the no cookies...lol maybe this thing with Corey is a faze... or hes just having a hard time getting into the routine... hopefully it will all fall into place soon
Amanda... hope all is well with u over there...
Carrie... i hope u feel better soon... altho i agree with Sandy... weight loss...lol!! Seriously tho... get well soon
EVeryone eles... hope all is well with you all... I have to get in the shower after my coffee... need ot pick up my dd form school at 10am... She went to camp yesterday.... and she was sooooooooo excited... i am anxious to find out how it went. :D
I will check back later... everyone have a fantabulous day... remember to take care of u... love to u all
Sandy

Cheryn 09-16-2004 10:20 AM

Four points for my first day...it's always easy to start. It's the follow through thats tough. But there is that dress hanging in my closet I want to wear! Well, I am more determined than I ever have been before to get back to the svelt me I used to be!

What do you all do on Thursdays to take care of yourselves?

gma22 09-16-2004 12:34 PM

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Cheryn :bravo:
Faye :dancer:
SandyG :dancer:
Carri :bravo:

Cheryn: I believe it is important for each of us to give ourselves special time so I set up Thursday for that day. It can be anything from a bubble bath, an hour alone with a book, a manicure, whatever, just some time to yourself. Most of these women, unlike I, have children that take up a lot of their time. I see you have three and know that you are probably always busy so you MUST give yourself some time and be good to yourself.

YEAH, the car will be done today and they even DETAILED it! They found a mechanical problem that will cost us about $150 but we just can't swing it right now. We have spent about $500 on rental cars and then $250 for the deductible that the insurance didn't cover. It will have to wait until payday next week. I will be so glad to get my big ole car back looking like new!

Well, I need to clean downstairs and this isn't getting it done. Well done on pts girls! Tomorrow is weigh in so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all and me too!