3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #83 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/46485-time-serious-fun-83-a.html)

Sandybrat 09-13-2004 11:17 AM

Hello BEAUTIFULS!!!!! Another 4pointer yesterday...The cookout went fabulously... and the steaks were just to die for. Not a prob staying op yesterday... the tuna steaks turned out just as nice as the ribeyes. I even passed up cheesecake for dessert. its still in the fridge... i will let my daughter have it when she gets home from school. I am feeling the rearrageing bug again... i just cant seem to find a way to put my living room that i can live with for longer than 2-3 weeks... And for me that very frustrating...lol I love my new couch... but its huge... so it limits where i can put it. I will most likely finish here and start playing around with the furniture agian...lol oh well... its excellent exercise! I agree and will stay op this week. and do my best to get in my exercise... its hard when u cant wear a shoe but i have lots of options lately. I hope you ladies have a fantabulous day today... remember to take care of U... lvoe to u all
Sandy

Amanda Panda 09-13-2004 02:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

I managed to scrape a 3 pointer yesterday , but believe me I very nearly went over my calorie allowance! I've been feeling a little down over the past few days, and have found myself comfort eating. So far, I have managed to keep within my calorie allowance (just) but it has not been easy. I was shopping in town today and all around me was temptation -pastries, full fat sandwiches, pies... everything is geared towards unhealthy eating isn't it? I did my best to resist, but i did buy 2 crusty white rolls and some Brie :o - but I should be able to factor them into my diet without going over my cals - I hope so cause I've already eaten them!! :rofl:

I'm trying to remain disciplined during this low mood - I'm so happy that I've lost 7lb (my first half stone we call it here in the UK), and I don't want to blow all my hard work.

Anyway, have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gma22 09-13-2004 07:57 PM

Amanda :cp:
SandyB :bravo:
Me :dancer:

Amanda Keep focusing on the lbs lost so you will stay OP. I know you can overcome this! Keep as busy as you possibly can!

Julie: I think the main thing with the gingersnaps is the flavor they add. Grandma crushed her and they disolved in the "sauce"

Gotta go we have thunderboomers again tonight.

Oh, Jack raised the roof because the car is not done and so they are payin for us a rental until it is done. They can't match the paint color!

Faye :)

gma22 09-14-2004 06:44 AM

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is reasons for losing weight. To benefit fully from the hard work you are doing, make sure you kNOW the reason you are losing weight, not to impress someone, because your spouse or boyfriend wants it, because someone makes fun of you, etc. You should be losing weight because you want to improve your health AND because it is what YOU want for YOURSELF. Let's make sure that our reasons are the right ones or we won't be happy with the results.

later girls

Sandybrat 09-14-2004 07:16 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS... I agree Faye... has to be the right reason... otherwise its not going to work. Well, another 4 pointer yesterday... got my exercise in by rearranging the furniture... i like the way it looks... nice... airry... and different...lol. Well i am pmsing badly... and i realized that id forgotten to take my celexa for the past 2 days... i call that my crazy medicine...lol but its not a good thing... i can feel the "edge" so to speak... so i took it this morning and hopefully today will go smoothly. I am not my usual happy self and i cant stand that... but today will be better.
For dinner last night i made spaghetti squash chicken alfredo... it turned out rather well... i like it and so did hubby... even my youngest did... the other 2 wanted real spaghetti...lol oh well ... i tried and i did make them at least taste it... thats my rule.... u dont have to eat all of it... but u do have to try it. I have to find some recipies that the whole family will enjoy... guess that will be my mission for the day... lol
Hope all you ladies have a fantastic day... remember to take care of U... If you would keep my friends Jim and Cindy and tehir 3 boys in your thoughts and prayers today... he leaves for Kuwait today... and i know its going to be hard on them all... thanks you guys... love to u all
Sandy

Mirabelly 09-14-2004 08:45 AM

Morning Lovelies!

3 points for me yesterday......stayed op and exercised, but forgot the water :(

Not much going on here. It's a lovely fall day, started out around 40 when I woke up but is going to warm to about 65. My kind of weather! I started gathering kindling from the woods out back yesterday....one of my favorite fall activities. It gets me outside in the sunshine, is exercise but not too strenuous, and it's a job that really HAS to be done.

SandyB--You are on FIRE with those 4 pointers girl! Way to GO!!!!

Speaking of WTG--Yesterday I filled up my car after dance class and the guy inside said "You get a free candybar with every fillup". Without even thinking, I said "No thanks, give 2 to the next guy." That was pretty cool.

Faye--glad you're getting a rental for the week. I hate being without a car! I can't believe they can't match a paint color........they do all that by computer!

Well, guess I gotta get going....it's time to write!

Everybody have a fabulous day!
Julie

gma22 09-14-2004 11:48 AM

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :cp:
SandyB :bravo:
Faye :dancer: (think I went over on fat so didn't give myself OP pts)

Carri: you buried under paint cans, honey? We missed you yesterday.

Julie: Let's see one of the paint problems is what the insurance company wants them to use and it just does not match up. On top of that, they have to paint not only the grill and bumper, but the hood, sides, and part of the doors to blend it all in. We have a car that is a baby blue color and in the light if it is off just a smidge, you can tell so he said he doesn't give it back until it is perfect. As long as we have transpo and aren't paying I don't care how long it takes.

SandyB I will keep your friends in my prayers. been there and done that and know what the separation is like. My dh was in the Navy during the Vietnam War and it was ugly like the one we are in now. Luckily, he didn't have to serve in Vietnam, but had a couple things happen with a couple of the ships he served on that was scary (his ship was in Hiafa, Israel when they bombed the marine barracks there and his ship was the one that a couple of pilots were shot down way back when Quadafi was causing us problems)

I have my walk in, clothes laundered and put away, upstairs cleaned and I am getting ready to go downstairs and do my weight lifting stuff.

Have a great day. It is 85 and HUMID here.

Faye

Amanda Panda 09-14-2004 02:25 PM

Hi girls,

I lost the plot a bit yesterday and didn't even journal what I ate at all! :o I'm back on track today though - I had to force myself to leave the house and go swimming, but I must say I'm glad I went as I feel better for it.

Julie - well done on passing up the choccie bar!

Must :angel:

Love Amanda x

gigglez 09-14-2004 09:51 PM

Evening all!

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few. Corey's birthday and then checking out places to move to. I have found a place it is much smaller than what I have now but it is in a really nice place and there is less traffic there. The only disadvantage is that I have to take Corey to school every day now. He isn't able to change school because he needs to be able to ride a bus to my mother's house the nights that I close but I think that we can live with that. As for the deal with my friend setting up those dates I went out with neither. Unfortantly Richard wasn't able to keep our plans he had a test to study for but Corey understood and believe it or not was sorta unhappy but knew that school was important to him. It is amazing how much better things are since we do live apart. As for dating others I think that I have decided to not to worry about that.

Faye, hope that you get your car back soon. I agree with Julie. Seems to me that somewhere someone is slacking. It is so true about loosing weight for you and not for someone else. It makes it easier if you are doing for you.

SandyB, I will pray for your friends. I hope that there is an end to this soon. As for your "crazy medcine" as you call starts to kick in soon.

Amanda, just think about what you have lost so far. I know that ifin you focus on you and your goals you will be able to accomplish this.

Havent had too many good days since Sat so heres to getting back on track.

Sunny thoughts
sandy

gma22 09-15-2004 05:08 AM

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Can we help you with anything? Just spout it out!

I had 4pt yesterday. Kind of squeaked it. I am not eating bad stuff but came close with my fat cal again.

I will check in later ladies, but may not be until this afternoon late as dd and I are going to be out with each other today.

faye :)

gigglez 09-15-2004 06:43 AM

Morning.

So far I am doing so good staying OP this morning. Although fighting with this bullheaded boy to get dressed for school might get the best of me. Any ideas to get someone to get a move on to get dressed. Time to start taking away toys I guess. Usually if I write out a list and tell him he has to get these task done before a certain time he will but that isn't working. Other than that I am looking forward to a great day!

Here's to a day full of sunshine

sandy

Mirabelly 09-15-2004 07:53 AM

Morning girls,

3 points for me again.....no exercise GRRRRRRRR. Don't know what's wrong with me. I have figured out that since I've been going through this "midlife crisis" thing (since last fall) I've been using food as comfort and strength. I thought I was out of the woods and had life figured out again, but I've been turning to food more and more lately. Not usually bad foods, just way too much of it. Especially since I've committed to my writing....I'm nervous, really nervous about trying to write novels. I've written one complete one and several 1/2 way through....and darn near sold the first one. I've got over 20 published magazine articles, so I know the process. It's just that I've always pinned my hopes that "someday" I'll be a RAF (Rich and Famous) novelist. Now I've decided that someday needs to start NOW, and I'm afraid that if I fail I've got nothing left in the hopes and dreams department. Goofy huh?

SO, I have to find some other way to cope with the nervousness besides food. I will. I know. It just all takes so much time to figure out.

Faye, hope you have a great day with your daughter

Sandy, have you tried having your son pick out his clothes the night before and making him get dressed before he comes down for breakfast?

Amanda, WTG on getting yourself out swimming!

Ok, gotta git now...........everyone have a super day!

Julie

Sandybrat 09-15-2004 08:28 AM

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... Only 3 points points yesterday... no exercise... i was really out of it yesterday. TOM so that explains it i guess... and its been dreary and rainy... today will be as well... but... once i get everyone off to work and school i will do my yoga...that will make me feel better... i know it.
Sandy... i tell my boys when they start that i m not getting dressed stuff... that they can go to school in there pajamas then. They look at me like i am crazy... I do like Julies idea... altho having one myself that i got thru this with every morning he may or may not decide to cooperate...lol stubborn little buggers eh?? LOL I am trying an earlier bedtime... so hes "up" earlier... so far its working.... but then again... that can change tomorrow....lol
Amanda... congrats on the swimming... see, u just keep making yourself go... thats a biggie hon... focus on the positives... and stay optomistic!
Julie... I had no idea about your writing... i so admire you for that... what a gift! I would love to read some of your writings... keep up with it and the RAF will come faster than u know.. i beleive it... so should u... u r an amazing woman and have it within u to make those dreams come true...
On that note... we are ALL amazing women... and have it within ourselves to make our dreams come true... we just need to beleive in ourselves... and have someone else who deoes and will tell us once in a while... to help us to remember.
Faye... you keep us all together here.. keep our hopes and dreams alive within us... we all do that for each other. I am so blessed to have found you ladies... my "friends" i am honored to be call you all my friends..,
Everyone have a fantabulous day... remember to take time for U... and my love to you all...
thanks for your prayers for my friends...

Sandy

Cheryn 09-15-2004 08:59 AM

Hi All,

I am new to the group and to 3FC's. I have been lurking around and reading some posts and I hope that I will find some support and fun here. I am 36 and married with 3 kids. I want to get healthy and this is the first time I have committed myself to losing the lbs. Wish me luck!

Are you all following a specific plan here? I am ready to challenge myself. I have just started a low fat/low cal diet. Doing it the old fashioned way for now. I tried Atkins before and while I lost some weight I felt sick and had no energy! Of course the minute I went off the wt came back with a vengence.

gma22 09-15-2004 09:47 AM

Cheryn: Welcome welcome welcome to our group. We are always happy to have new members! These are great ladies and we have everything from college girls to grandmas (me, only). Everyone is on plans they can deal with so it is not like we are all WW or Atkins. I am on a fat and cal program myself so let me know if you need anything. You are welcome to join the challenge for this quarter, but you will not be eligible for the gift card until next quarter. For any info on pts etc, see the first post on the thread. It gives you everything you need to know. If you want to join the challenge, I need your beginning weight so I can put it in the spreadsheet. It ends Dec 31.

I need to vamoose as my dd is coming early. I just wanted to peek in. I will post this afternoon with pts and tell you how it went.