Old 08-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms # 222

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet
Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:51 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning Ladies

I am running out the door for church but I wanted to check the boards first

Cindi,
I am so sorry the kids are having so many problems ;( I am glad that you are finally getting some results though! Great!

Angel,
Happy Birthday

Spryng,
I am so glad you are getting to the dr.! I will keep you in my prayers

Michelle,
I can't wait to see the pics and keep us updated on the dress

Crystal,
Where are you this am?

Jill,
It is good to have you back!

Geri,
Have a good day

Melinda,
I am so sorry the bc pills are giving you trouble. They also gave me lots of trouble too!

Leigh,
Hope you are having fun!

Jaymi,
Hope you have a great day!

Gotta run! I am fixing to be late..... Yeah Jaymi..... I said fixin'
LOL

Have a great day!

Oh QOTD:
Do you have a theme in your kitchen and what is it?
Old 08-22-2004, 11:08 AM   #3  

Good morning Ladies, I know I've been MIA.

First Happy birthday the Angel...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penny, you are running crazy lately. S L O W D O W N !!!! You might get a ticket...lol Thanks for the post card !!!!!!

Cindi, only two butterfingers. That's not too bad. Like you said, it's an accomplishment that you didn't eat the whole bag....I can't have that stuff in the house.

Jill, welcome back to us! Hope you and your mother make lots of cashola at the garage sale today. I love to have garage sales. I am going to have a themed one, once Abigail goes back to school. I little tykes and plastic toys sale...

Michelle, you're making a blouse. WHat style, color, fabric? Let us see it when your done.

Leigh, have a GREAT time with dh and LIAM. I hope he does well on the drive, so you can do more and see more. Do you have a portable DVD or anything. It helps for long drives with us.

QOTD: I don't have a theme in my kitchen, it's so small. I only have themes in the kids rooms. Abigails room is Butterflies and Carousel horses. Two of her favorite things. And Bugga's room is Cars, Trucks and Airplanes...bzzzzz. Which are his favorite things.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Okay, I wasn't around this morning because dh headed out at 530 and I slept in. We ate a fast breakfast and then went grocery shopping, the best time to do it. We were out of EVERYTHING. Just got home and put up the groceries and are fixing to have lunch. I'll be around later.

QOTD: I have NO theme. My house was suppose to be temporary when we moved in and now we've been here going on clost to 2 years. Dh wouldn't want me to spend a lick of $ on this house because it was a temp. In my new kitchen, someday, somewhere, I want to do like French chefs, wine bottles and such. I want most of my exposed home to be French country so French chefs should flow well.

Anyways, ttyl.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:06 PM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!!!

First off....HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday to Angel....not sure I remember 28 very well, it was so long ago.

I tried to get back on yesterday but things got kinda crazy, had to run to town and hurry back to get supper started, beef stew, which turned out good but not as good as last week's.

I did get my walking in and YAHOO I went a mile last night instead of just a half. Did the first half then stretched out for a bout 5 minutes and said what the heck, tried another round and made it.....in the same amount of time as the first round, opposite directions. Our track is set up so that if you walk one way it is more uphill than the other. I've been alternating which way I go every day. And last night I did both, uphill first.

Didn't get my water in yesterday, figured with tom, I'm retaining anyway, so why should I put more in there.

Didn't get lawn mowed either, have to do that today. By the time dh got up it was too late and had to start supper. Don't supposed riding mower counts toward excerise....but we mow and acre and a half....no way I would try to push mow it.

Actually came up short on calories yesterday by about 300, but had a big lunch and just couldn't eat more. Ate supper late then had a fresh peach for a snack before bed.

Half a grapefruit this morning for breakfast, going to have snack then go walk, earlier today.

Hope everyone has a great day. I will get back later, but have to get busy. Slept in so it's getting late already.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:08 PM   #6  

Oops!!!

QOTD: No theme in kitchen. Still have the same wallpaper that was here when I bought the house, green with small flowers. My kitchen is open to the dining room and has lots of cabinets so not much room to hang anything anyway. Kind of have incorporated roosters into the dining room, since I raise chickens and roosters.

Til later...........

Last edited by Deana1113; 08-22-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:19 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey Ladies.....

I never answered my own question......lol

Ok.... I have red and purple grapes in my kitchen and frogs

BTW, The boys have sports in their room and Andrew has the Trucks Trains and Plaines theme by Olive Kids

Have a great day ladies...... We are off to a bday party
Old 08-22-2004, 03:07 PM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! We are having the sale right now so I wanted to pop in real fast and say hi. It is raining so hard today!! Can you believe that? Of course it hasn't rained summer but the day we have a sale it has to pour!! I have still made 140 dollars so that is good I guess? Anyway no theme in my kitchen yet, it is the next room on my list to do and I want to do it in peach poppies. Anyway sounds like everyone is having a good day. I will check in later and get personal. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Oh ya and Bayleys room is in ladybugs!! So cute, It's been almost I year and I still love it.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey ladies!!

QOTD: my kitchen is black appliances light grey walls and purple grapes with green vines on it. The floor is vinyl tile with a rock look to it. The girls room is light blue almost violet with periwinkle trim and moon and stars bedding and me and hubbys room is sage green with a white ceiling suspended canopy. I'll put pics up sometime

Hope you all have a great day I need a nap before work.
Love to all!
michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:20 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Glad everyone is having a great day

We just walked in the door and I gotta get all Hunter's school clothes washed up and get this house in order

Have a great evening! I will be in after I get Hunter off to school
Old 08-22-2004, 07:42 PM   #12  

Wow we haven't reached a 2nd page today??? Everyone must be really busy drinking water and excercising
I got my mile in today. Still didn't get lawn mowed,when dh got up he wanted me to go and throw clay birds for him so he could practice for dove season, so we did that then it was time to get supper ready and him off to work.

No plans tonight except that the kids go to bed at 9 to practice for school which starts Wednesday They are anxious and so am I. I really need the break.....feel like I'm raising them myself as much as dh works then sleeps. But he will be off the next 2 nights so I think I get to go to bingo tomorrow night......if nothing else comes up.......the progressive pot is up to $2250 this week......wish me luck That would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo nice right now. I could put alot back for Christmas and still get other things we want.

Well, will try to check back before bedtime. If not, have a great evening all and I will be back in the a..m.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #13  
SAHM of 3

All weekends, especially Sunday's are incredibly slow. But that's good.
I've had today without dh. We left early and bought groceries, then tried a nap after lunch. Went back to town to rent some movies and then spent some time outside, ate, had a bath, well the kids did and watched a movie.
Not that y'all needed a step by step, but this day without dh has been strange. Knowing he wouldn't be home tonight is what has been so strange.
I plan on having a regular day tomorrow with school and such. Then mom invited us over for dinner.
The Dead Zone season finale is fixing to come on so I've got to get ready for that.
I'll check in in the morning.
Hope everyone has had a great day and weekend for that matter. Have a great night, TTYL.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:58 PM   #14  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies,

Much better night tonight. Will was human again .

Cindi...thanks for saying Butterfingers...I only had 1...but it was a full size. Oh well!

Spryng...hope getting the bc out will help with your cysts. I don't think I could deal with them monthly either. Hope you're having a better day.

Jill...figures it would rain on your sale day. We need rain here...maybe I should set one up hey?

QOTD...my theme is...CLUTTER . I so tend to just drop stuff on the counters and then leave it there...ugh! I want to remove the wallpaper which is dirty and starting to peel. IT's been there since we got the place. It's only on 1 wall in our dining nook above the nice oak wainscoat (sp?). Just haven't figured out what to do there....hmmm maybe the torn paper! The counters are a light blue, the tile on most of the walls is a light gray with some fruited ones occasionally and the floor is white ceramic tile (HATE IT). I'm really going to have to look into that paper thing. Michelle...was it easy to do?

Deana..you did great on your exercise today. Do you do any push mowing? We have 1/2 acre and we have a rider but have to push around the house, deck, swingset, garden and everything else so I get quite the workout in when I mow.

Crystal...enjoy having the bed to yourself tonight! It may be strange, but I love it (just occasionally of course! lol).

Penny..you'll never slow down! It's just not in you. Good thing you're so young.

Mel...I'm with you..I don't do to well when chocolate's in the house. The only reason I had it today was because I popped into the grocery store today and the nestle candy bars were 4/$1...I did not buy 4, but thanks to CINDI I had to get a butterfinger .

Gotta pay some bills then I'll go catch up on the newspaper from this morning.

I'm going to be working part time temporarily starting Tuesday (I think). My girlfriend needs someone to do a project for her company. It's easy office work so I said sure. I can work my own hours so I'll probably do 2 6 hour shifts a week or 3 4 hour. We'll see. My Mom will watch the boys for me. It hardly seems like I've been out of work since Dec 1. It really doesn't feel like almost 10 months already! Don't know how long the job will last...guess it depends on how fast I type!

OK, have a wonderful night!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Geri you wouldnt believe how easy the paper illusions was!! and it was fun! I would definately recommend it to anyone wanting to do some easy renovation.

And oops my bad I lied about my kitchen decoration lol I thought it was grapes but it is burgundy leaves on vines stenciled paint. Its cute but I'm thinking of redoing the kitchen as well with the paper illusions I want to cover my cabinets with it but I don't know if it will work. They have one design called tuscan and it has beautiful scroll writing on it but we'll see.

Anyway I had a long night at work and I'm gonna chow my remaining "stress" chinese takeout and hit the sack and start a new great week on plan

Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote