Old 07-21-2004, 02:13 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default StAy At HoMe MoMs #222 Click Here! :)

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. Please feel free to jump right in a say hello and to all you regular posters I look forward to another wonderful day with you!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

DI!!!!!!!!!! Its soooooo great to here from you!!!!!!! My biggest advice on the strength training is to first make sure that you are performing proper lifts etc...second, make sure you are consistent, third always give your muscles time to recover, thats when you'll start to see the results not when you are lifting the results happen in the "repair" process. I'll try to find some good sites for you I had a bunch of them but when I wiped my harddrive I forgot to write them all down. So glad the boys had a great birthday!! Taylors is coming up in August and we are doing a finding nemo theme for her. Good luck on your vacation laundry I always hate doing laundry after vacation lol.

Penny Great that you joined the other group we can put stuff up on that site as well if you like! I dunno what the problem with msn has been lately but it was ticking me off the other night lol.

Geri DAMN!! I wish I could come for the party!! Too bad we all don't live near each other it would be so fun to get together and have a party!! I still think we should plan a sahm cruise or something lol!!

Kristin I am getting frustrated with the potty training to be totally honest, she has gone 3 days without a diaper during the day and hasn't gone in the toilet once!!! I got her potty presents wrapped and now she's mad at me cuz i won't let her open them everytime she sits on the toilet!! I keep telling her that she can have one when she pees or poops and only then. I'm just gonna stick to it and not give up otherwise this kid is gonna go to school in diapers lmao!! One thing we are experiencing with her is that she seems to be attached to her diapers...she'll be wearing panties and then go in the diaper drawer and come running out with a diaper she wants put on! I tell her no and she gets upset with me oh well We'll get through this ......I hope How is your day!!

Geri....quit imagining me running around with no panties you big sicko LMAO!! JK My sister is one of those women who hates wearing panties but me noooowayyyyyy I need mine!! For comfort more than anything lol big cotton granny panties lmao!!!! I swear I will have cute underwear again in the future!!

Spryngy!! Boing Boing Boing....now I keep picturing you with a tigger tail LMAO!! Thank Kristin for that lol.

Leigh, unfortunately we don't have a Micheals here I love that store but we do have JoAnnes Fabrics perhaps I'll go check that out we also do have a bead shop that just sells beads and stuff like that!

Well Taylor is freaking out because the dog just went to get her hair cut and Taylor thinks we gave her away or something!! She is screaming at the top of her lungs so I should go console her! She doesnt understand that Jaxxie will be coming back later lol poor girl!

Love to all
Michelle

This is a repost...I didn't know if ya'll would get it off the last thread
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Michelle!
I have always wanted to make my own jewerly. Let me know how everything turns out with it. And Hang In There with Taylor. Both the boys were over 3 before they started training.

Leigh,
Am I the only one without a dog? I wanna get the boys one this year but we will see. I had a yorkie for a long time and I luv those lil puppies... LOL How are you doing today on plan? Thanks again for all the ww help

I just got finished my lunch and gonna start scraping again.... quiet.....Andrew is sleeping..... and maybe I can get some more done.... I am almost caught up with the boys books and I am starting on our family vacations book. I only have to do Nicholas's karate page and Andrew's first haircut for the boys. Other than that, they are up to date! Wheww.... Up to date until they do something new
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:29 PM   #4  
Walking away the weight

Hooray! Di is back!!! We've missed you I'm glad you did so well while you were gone - I knew you could do it! Thanks for your insights on the breakfast thing. For me, no matter what I eat it seems the same

Penny- oh okay, now I know what you mean about the starting reply/post thingie. I'm glad you're enjoying WW - I love it too. It fits so well into everyday life and is quite simple.

Michelle- poor Taylor! That's so sad that she thinks the doggie is gone. Liam now has figured out he has to throw Duncan's toys to him and he does, but he doesn't throw far enough for Duncan to figure out he should fetch them.

Okay, looks like I'm caught up. I'm trying to clean a bit while Lima's asleep, but he's not sleeping very deeply so it's hard. TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Well I wasn't planning on going anywhere today but then I realized Tanner only had one diaper left so I had to get some more, plus gas and all that good stuff. So I made a morning out of it. I didn't eat breakfast so I stopped at burger king after shopping for one of those baguettes, but they stopped carrying them!! How annoying! And I was starving so I caved and got a whopper (17 pts!) and fries, ugh. I feel so mad at myself. I'm already at 25 pts for today. So I guess I exercise tonight and no more eating! I'm not too concerned about it though since I wasn't going to have an accurate WI because of TOM this friday anyway, but still... I knew better.
But I did buy a new bra!! A size 34 around! So that is a size down for me!! I'm so excited, it fit perfectly. I'd take a pic but somehow I don't think that is appropriate, lol. We'd have to charge for those pictures, LOL. But that is a NSV for me.

Michelle, I am with you, I wish so badly we all lived down the street from one another. How much fun that could be!!! Hang in there with the potty training, she will eventually go. maybe go take those diapers out of the drawer so she sees they are gone and that they won't be around anymore. Does she watch you when you go? Now I don't recommend this to everyone, lol, but with Ava I actually sat on her potty chair and "showed" her how to use it, lol. She understood better that way since no one in the house had ever used a potty chair before,lol. But I'm sure it was an awful site! LOL. (no comments!!) My ds never used the potty chair, he wanted to go in the toilet. So it was easier that way. Now I have a tigger tail huh?? LOL... well maybe it will earn me some Ap's!!! The wonderful thing about tiggers, is that tiggers are wonderful things!! Now you got me singing again!!

Penny, you are the mail queen!!!! Thank you so much for your letter and gift! You are the sweetest person. I am the worlds worst at mailing things but someday I will return the thought I promise!! When you least expect it, lol. I think a bio thing at the beginning of each thread is a great idea! You write one up and we'll vote on it! Here is my bio-- 24 years old, been married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3, and Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in april... well just what is says in my siggy! lol. I am so glad ww is working great for you!! It really is an amazing plan. I can't thank Ginny enough for getting me started on it and seeing you all have success spurs me on! And congrats on getting those 4#'s off!!! You are doing so great! I knew you just needed a break from SB.

Welcome back Di!!! Doing "ok" OP while gone is great. I hope I do that well next week when I'm with DH. He was at a fair last night and was eating gyros and candy etc and had to call to rub it in, lol. I'm a sucker for food at the fair. What is a lean cuising pizza roll?? It is a regular pizza or something else? Like a lean pocket? Sounds good, let us know how you like it!

Leigh, I used to skip breakfast alot too but lately, maybe it's because of TOM I just get cranky if I haven't eaten by 10 am. Today especially, lol. I'm not proud of what hunger does to me. But if it works better to skip breakfast for you then skip breakfast! It isnt a rule to eat it anyway, lol. Some do better with it and some don't.

Kristin, congrats on maintaining this week! You'll see a loss next week for sure. And thanks for re-naming me spryngy, lol... michelle will never forget it! LOL. Don't worry, I'll find a great name for you too! Geri has a nice pet name for me too, lol, but I wont repeat it here, lol.

Geri, I don't have a scanner but I will try to take a pic with my camera and see if it will be clear enough to read ok? The yellow blanket is online! I forgot! I will look it up again, and maybe I can type out the other one. We'll see. I still owe a recipe to Ginny so I'm behind, lol. And about making them for babies, lol.. I think someday I'm going to have a box full of adorable blankets I've made and no one to give them to, lol. Dh's cousin is the only one besides me who can have kids and she isn't going to have anymore after this one so who will I make them for?? NOT ME!!! LOL. What kind of party are you having again? lol. I want to come too!!

Well, guess I'll get off here and see if Tanner is ready for a nap. He finally has come down with that cold the other two had (they are over it) so he's been a little more tired than usual. He napped in the van and that's why he isn't asleep here yet. Ok, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:12 PM   #6  

OK, Geri, here is that site for the hooded baby blankent: http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/lio.../cts-afgh.html
as you can see it's very easy, just two stitches, double crochet and single crochet and that is it! Let me know what you think.

And here is the official pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg hooded baby blanket pic.jpeg (24.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 07-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #7  
Seen any cute shoes???

Talking fly by post

Hey ladies~

I hope you are having a good Wednesday. I did exercise yesterday. And I"m about to do my pilates today. Hubby is off work today and tomorrow so we got up this morning and hit the ground running. We went to the zoo and then the mall and grabbed lunch. We just got home and the boys are up in their rooms for a bit of chill out time (heaven knows I don't want them falling asleep this late...) and I'm going to do my exercise.

I dont' know who wrote about FNC, but dont' even get me started. LOL I'm so extrememly tired of the liberal media being able to proport any angle they want. Yet when you have a news organization that may have more a a right slant...BUT does give voice to that left also sudden they are some dangerous thing to expose ourselves to. Ugh. We could just all watch the Communist News Network (a.k.a. CNN) and get our daily fill of left wing spew. UGH ....anyway I digress and this isn't even a political forum.

So I'm off. I promise to check in tonight when everyone is tucked into bed.

Hope yall have a GREAT day.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:36 PM   #8  
2BoysMom

Spryng...bounce, bounce, bounce...but the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one (where are the musical smilies???) I swear I sing that all day long anyway . Where was I ... oh...thanks for the Lion brand link. I never thought about finding free patterns at the yarn websites. Don't worry about taking a pic of the other one. I don't have time to do this stuff now 'cause the boys won't let me anyway. Tony finally goes to bed by 8:30 and I have been posting, chatting, reading, cleaning or all of the above after that...but when winter comes I plan on doing more stuff. Tony will be older and hopefully not as whiney as he has been of late. Dh even says he needs an attitude adjustment. He drives me absolutly nuts at some times. He will whine for me to pick him up then when I do he will arch his back and jump around on me.. arrrgh...can you tell he was at it again today??? Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent

Di.............. WELCOME BACK...we were just talking about you and wondering when you'd be back (it was all good, I promise ) Glad you had a fun trip...funny being away from my sister doesn't make me want to see her )!

Cheri, that was me re FNC. Leigh's Dh is a reporter for them He's a cutie too so I wanted to see him live . Hey, we might go to the zoo tonight too. Depends what time Dh gets home from work. Good for you getting the pilates in. What tape do you have?

Hi Leigh..hope you don't mind me drooling over your Dh so much . Skip breakfast any old time you want. Everyone's different. You have to adapt any plan to what works for you.

Penny..so glad you're liking WW and thanks for starting the new thread!

Well, I'm going to go check out Spryng's pattern to see just how easy it is! I love figuring out patterns..I did some really difficult ones in the past but it has been quite a while.

Oooo Michelle...white cotton granny panties??? You sexy thang you!

Hi to all else!!

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #9  

Default thanks for the warm welcome home!

Michelle, I used to lift many years ago, so I kind of remember the basics with reps/set etc... When I do get to the gym, I will probably only have a little over an hour to work out. I wanted to do at least 20 minutes of cardio then the rest of the time on machines. Should I just work out arms/shoulders/back one day, then legs/thighs/stomach another? I guess that was my main concern. I don't think it will be a problem with the "rest" in between. LOL

Penny, here's the Shepherd's Pie recipe, copied from W.W. Complete cookbook.

Makes 4 servings
1 tbl. margaine
2 tbl. flour
1 c. low sodium chicken broth
1 teas. soy sauce
2 cups of cooked and cubed chicken breasts
2 carrots, thinly sliced and blanched (plunged into boiling water for 1 min,
then rinsed in cold water right after)
1 c. broccoli, chopped (blanched with carrots)
6 scallions, chopped
1/2 thawed, frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup evaporated skim milk (I've used reg. skim milk in a pinch)
1 teas. thyme
1/2 teas. marjoram
3 med. russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, mashed
1 tbls. Parmesan cheese
1/4 teasp. paprika

In a medium saucepan, melt magarine. Spinkle with 1 tbls of flour, cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl, combine the chicken and remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in blanched carrots, broccoli, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to casserole dish and top with potato, spreading to cover the entire dish. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.

This dish is yummy, but a little bland as is. I always spice it up more as I'm making it, so keep tasting as you go. It stores well and great for leftovers at lunch time.

Works out to 5 points per serving ( 4 servings total)

Spryng, I'm eating a Lean Cuisine pizza on french bread. Really yummy at 6 points per serving. Good idea to have a small side salad with it to help fill you up though.

Geri, I take it you and sis don't get along? LOL? My sister is an angel, I'm pretty lucky. She somtimes annoys the heck out of me, but overall we get along really well.

Hey, I didn't know white, cotton, grandma style panties aren't sexy?!! My poor hubby!

Crud, had more to say, but my sleeping angels are waking up little beasties, must run and fetch them. I'll try and catch up more later.

bye for now,
Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 07-21-2004 at 05:01 PM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:06 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Hmm- it looks like a bunch of you posted while I was posting last time Great minds think alike!

Penny- it must feel so nice to get caught up with the pictures! We have a mini Dachshund, but I don't know that I'd suggest anyone else get one He's surprisingly good with Liam but overall neurotic and yappy. We still love him, though

Geri - I think it's sweet for you to drool over my DH. I may tell him, though we wouldn't want him to get a bloated ego I'm trying to figure out if he'll be on the Fox Report tonight.

Okay, I hopefully have not missed anyone this time.
I'm overly OP today - somehow I still have 9 points left! And I already ate dinner plus had a whole Coke since I have so many points. I have no idea how that happened. Maybe I'll eat three desserts Just kidding of course. All this and the house is straightened up. The only freaky thing that happened is Liam found a tiny piece of plastic on the floor and was choking on it so I had to fish it out of his throat - that freaked me out for a while.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:14 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Diane, we posted at the same time! This keeps happening to me It sounds like you're quite motivated to work out, which is good. The Lean Cuisine pizza sounds good - I love pizza.

Have fun with the waking wee ones!
Old 07-21-2004, 05:21 PM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Okay, DH will be on Brit Hume tonight (a story about the GA senate race, I believe) that's 6pm eastern time; 5 central, 3 pacific. Tomorrow he has a story on the Fox Report with Shepard Smith 7pm eastern, etc.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #13  
mama of 4little Angels

Hey girls,sounds like everyone's having a good day so far.

Spryng- Please don't worry about the wopper.At least you have a point system to work with.I don't understand how you girls handle that.Don't get mad at yourself it does nothing but put you in a grumpy mood.Like I was in this morning,but I feel better since I just got done exercising and i've had hardly anything to eat so far.Everyone deserves a big fat whopper
every once in awhile.I bet it was yummy .Long as each bite was for one of, us it's o.k. .Just do an extra sit up and drink a but load of water then you'll be fine.We still love ya

Leigh -I'll remember that about the ice cream and special snacks for the kids next time I go shopping.Thanks

Penny--I'm OP so far today.Just pray for me tonight. That goes for everyone. Yeah I'm going to keep my hands and mind busy tonight and make myself get in bed at a decent hour with the tv off.

I need to go cook dinner.It's hamburger helper and vegies tonight.I don't feel like cooking much.ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Spryng- I meant to say not to worry too much about going crazy today. I did that two days last week and its okay in the long run as long as you do get back on track, which I know you will I maintained last week, but am already down this week, so you know once TOM has blown through, you'll be back to losing.

Angel- we'll all be thinking of you tonight. You can do it!

Okay, I'll truly stop posting now!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:14 PM   #15  

Hi all!

Thanks you guys for making me feel better about my bad choice at lunch... I know a day or two off plan doesn't really hurt me but I'm so concerned with how I will eat when I'm with dh, I was trying to be extra good before I left. But o-well... I had dinner tonight too (not just 0 pt veggies like I should have) so I'm even more over my pts... but like I said, I'm really not worried much because my WI won't be accurate this friday anyway, I think I'll skip WI this week though. And it was better than letting myself get too hungry and pigging out again, lol. But I'll try to eat light tomorrow and hopefully it will off set it.

Leigh, I didn't realize you were married to a tv star!!! How exciting! Does Liam recognize him on tv?? So what did you end up using those 9 pts for?

Angel, I am routing for you to stay out of your kitchen tonight! Go brush your teeth!! You can do it! Hey there is nothing wrong with hamburger helper! I used to live on that stuff. I found if you make it with boca crumbles then the pts are very low and it can be quite healthy too if you do the low-fat version on the box. I have a couple in my pantry for those nights I'm in a hurry.

Di, oh yeah, I've had those pizzas before, but I think mine were the healthy choice ones on french bread, very good! And many men find cotton panties to be very sexy!! (not sure about the granny ones though, lol, I don't own any)

Geri, your ds sounds like Bubba... he is the one I wish could have an attitude adjustment at times. Ava earned 10 stars in the last few days so she got to go to the dollar store and pick out a treat, he had a fit before we left because he wanted a new toy too, well I explained that he has to earn those stars too in order to get a treat... he has 5 stars so far and most of them were coaxed on him, lol. He's hard to motivate to do anything. Well once we came home and Ava started playing with her new toy he decided he'd work for more stars. So I think he got the point. But he is my stubborn one and won't do anything unless he thinks it's his idea. Just like a guy, lol.

Cheri, sounds like you are doing great with your exercise! Which pilates tape do you have? Windsor?

Ok, I'm going to see what is on tv and crochet. TTYL!