Old 06-13-2004, 11:09 AM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #193

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi everyone!

Hi, gals! Boy you guys sure are busy this weekend.

Angela - welcome! I'm Leigh SAHM to one 7-month-old. I've beenhappily married for 2 years and have 23lbs left to lose That reminds me, I should change that in my profile line Well, if you have questions about various plans, I'm sure one of us will be able to answer any questions you have.

Lisa - glad you find us so supportive. I know I find everyone here (you included) to be a great inspiration and help on my weight loss journey. Spryng explained flexpoints perfectly OP means "on plan." HTH (Hope that helps!)

Spryng - Hi! Sorry you didn't sleep well during the storms.

Di - how was the birthday party?

Michelle- it really was a nice compliment and awesome to hear. I'm going to keep it in my mind as long as possible I have to look in Liam's mouth again. He hates when I inspect for teeth.

Geri - TOM is evil and I hope he leaves you in peace soon.

All ya'll are having waayyy too many home improvement issues. I cannot even read about them. I hate having to do home improvement.

I'm doing pretty well WW-wise. I used the rest of my flexpoints for dinner last night which was good because I had creamed spinach. However, the place we went serves small portions, so I think everything is fine. And I get a whole new set of flexpoints tomorrow

I'm coming down with something. I'm very tired and a bit achey. I'm also kind of short of breath, so I know that must be chest congestion waiting to come out.
TTYL
Old 06-13-2004, 11:29 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking

Hi everyone,
I posted on the other thread but didnt see you all had started a new one.
I was going to walk again this morning, but I have decided to take the day OFF. Other than my emotions being very up in the air, I think I have done pretty good this first week and today I want a little me time.
I am also going to catch up with the laundry and then I think I will take both the boys to the pool. I still have that pool pass that that Silverlakes woman gave me lol so I think I will use it and while they are playing around I am going to just sun myself.

I stood on the scale this morning and surprisingly have lost another 1.5 pounds for a total of 10lbs since I started last Sunday 6th June. I think my body is trying to get used to this new weightloss thing and thus the reason my emotions have been up in the air. What ever the reason, I very much doubt that taking today of from walking is going to do any damage.

Hope you all have a great Sunday
nagsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #4  
2BoysMom

Good morning all,

Lisa, one day off won't do ANY damage . Is TOM coming your way or are you just missing Dh terribly?? I feel for you either way . You are doing awsome lady! Sorry about all your old appliances. The dishwasher was the only old one we had. It just amazes me how well a new one works. I never had one in all the places I lived all my life until we moved in here in Nov of 2002. Hardly used the old one because I would get irritated that I had to wash them before putting them in the machine . I yelled at Dh this morning when he started doing the breakfast dishes . He said he was sorry to take time away from my new toy.

Spryng, have a great visit with Dh. I'm with you on letting others beat my kids. Anyone who comes over here and misbehaves gets the same treatment as my boys do. Needless to say we don't get many takers (JK)

Hi Crystal, Leigh, Angela, Cindi (sorry about the house falling apart)!, Michelle and anyone else out there. Mom's upstairs with Tony while I did my 3 mi walk so I have to cut this short. Dh took Will shopping with him.

TTYL
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:34 PM   #5  

Good Morning ladies! Steve is up with the boys this morning,so I got to sleep in late. What biss that was. My face feels a little puffy from oversleeping, but it's still worth it.

Leigh, the party was nice. It was kind of weird because it was set up at Toys R Us in a back (party) room. Steve and I took turns chasing after Logan who didn't want to stay in the little room, but wanted to run laps throughout the store. Who could blame him, there's so much to look at! All in all it was exhausting for us, but a blast for Logan and Ethan. It kind of messed up their nap, but they slept well last night. I was surprised at how well Steve handled the screaming chaos of all the kids. After hearing little girls' high pitched screams for so long, I think he is rethinking us trying to have a daughter any time soon! LOL

Lisa, hope you enjoy your day off!

Geri are you insane? Why would you stop a man for doing the dishes?? LOL new toy or not, never do that again!

Spryng hope you have a lovely outing, give us all the details tomorrow.

Michelle, I'm up a couple of pounds since starting phase 2. I haven't been drinking much water, I'm hoping that will help. My big fear is that my body can't handle ANY carbs and that I'll have to start at phase 1 again.

Hi to everyone else out there! I can not get into "chat" no matter what I try. It must be something glichy with my computer, but I can't figure it out yet.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Hi again
Lisa - congrats on the 1.5 lb loss! You're doing soooo well! I bet you're proud.

Geri - you're really keeping up with those walks. Good for you on 3 miles!

Di - I'm glad the party was nice but can imagine it would be hard for the boys to concentrate with all the toys everywhere.

Well, it's a semi-quiet evening here. In laws are still here, but being extremely helpful with Liam. I'm going to attempt to do two of my 15-minute toning tapes, but will see how I feel after the first 15 minutes. I don't want to overdo it since I'm getting sick. Dinner will be salad and 1 piece of Pizza. Oh, and we're all watching the first episode of Six Feet Under's new season on HBO - do any of you watch that show? I loveit. Later
Old 06-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!!!

Sorry I've been away all day but Sunday's is the day I work at the hotel cleaning rooms I got a damn good workout lol. I also have been made a moderator specializing in the exercise forum

Well today was my weigh in day and I lost 2 lbs from last week!!! Woooo HOOOO!! It was more than I expected so I'm pretty happy!

Also the house next door for us is back up for rent and so I had my sister go look at it and it is a really cute house inside well and out lol, it turns out that the former renters ( the trouble makers ) and she liked the house so hopefully they will get to move in! That would just be really convenient for both of us lol.

Di - I know what you mean about adding carbs back in your diet, you have to be very very careful!! I pretty much limit my carbs to fruits, veggies, and whole wheat low carb tortillas and thats about it. I kinda had a gain too at the beginning and now I eat the above mentioned carb items

Leigh - I'm sooo jealous, I would love a piece of pizza lol. Yum!!

Geri - We too had old applainces in our old house, but we have all brand new applainces in our new house its wonderful!! Glad you got a walk in!! I had 7 hours of straight hard cleaning, and I'm counting 1.5 hours of it for my exercise.

Lisa - Way to go on the 1.5 lbs down!! You're smokin girl!! Keep up the great work!! I'm gonna have an oatmeal cookie tonight, it's my cheat lol.

Well I'm gonna go check out some other stuff I'll ttyl!!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:14 PM   #8  

Michelle,
WTG on losing those 2lbs. WHOOOHOOO!! (doing a little dance for you) hehehe
Old 06-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,
just checking in to see what everyone is up to. It's 102 degree right now and I am melting. The kids are chowing down on Watermelon and I am munchin on some grapes. I am having Tuna Fish on FF Ry Krisp with a little miricle whip and sweet pickle relish lettuce and tomato and probably some more grapes (lol, they are sooo yummmmy) for dinner.
I don't like diet soda (every one I have tried has that nasty after taste) so I picked up some sparling seltzer water and have been drinking that with lots of ice. I like the bubbles lol.
My emotions have been doing good today. Ed, my hubby, has been calling alot today to check in on me. After 16 years of being married to him, it never ever gets old. He is the most wonderfulist (is that a word lol) man on the planet and pretty damn sexy too LMAO (geeeez I cant wait till he comes home, can u say Budget car rental LMAO)

ok, well ummm I better get off here
Old 06-13-2004, 08:06 PM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Michelle - on the 2lbs!!! Excellent You deserve that loss what with all the hard work you put in. And congrats on being moderator in the exercise forum

Lisa - I don't like diet soda either, but love seltzer. I know it's hard to be away from DH - he sounds great! (((hugs))) to you - hope you're spirits rise soon.

Liam's fussing TTYL . . .
Old 06-13-2004, 08:47 PM   #11  

Default lonely sunday night!!!!!

hey yall........ jessica here SAHM to 2 wonderful children. liam who is almost 4 and ella-blue who is almost 5 months..... my husband works nights so im here way up in the country all by my self with the kids. i used to look forward to having the whole night to myself but here lately it gets so lonely... the hubby and i havent, um, *TALKED* in so long i forgot what he looks like!!lol honestly though he is a wonderfully supportive man who is being so understanding since ihave been put on this special diet by my doc. he cooks most of his own meals now because hes scared that cooking for him will make me hungry ( i let him think this when in all truth i just like to see him cook.lol)i havent ate solid food in almost 2 weeks, and it actually is getting easier. i stay so busy that now its nice because i dont really have to eat anymore, so its one less thing to do each day!!! am i fooling anyone into thinking im enjoying not eating???lol
fabulous dah-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:56 PM   #12  

Hi Jessica, welcome to the boards!! Liquid diet eh? Wow, that does sounds harsh, but hopefully it give you the head start you need to get on track. How long do you have to be on it?

Michelle!! Stall Broken!!! Fantastic news! You deserve to be a moderator in the exercise forum as well, congrats on that too.

Leigh, we don't get HBO any longer, but I used to love that show about a year ago, great story lines. I miss it, but not enough to spend that much on an extra channel. I'm also trying to cut down on my t.v. veiwing, easier said than done!

It's about a million degrees here as well, the boys played outside in the little pool and I relaxed in the shade laughing at them. They can be darned cute!

having some lean steak and some broccoli tonight. Right now I'm off to have a snack of yogurt and feed L & E. Have a great night ladies~!

-Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 06-13-2004 at 08:58 PM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:57 PM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Jessica - nice to meet you! My son is named Liam too!!! He's 7 and 1/2 months. What kind of diet are you on? I'm doing Weight Watchers and have been doing very well. I couldn't do it without the support of the other women on this thread - I bet you'll find the same Nice to meet you!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Di - we posted at the same time Steak and broccoli sounds yummy. We had just gotten Liam to sleep when he suddenly woke up, smiling and joking around with us - all while looking all too triumphant
Have a great night - time for Six Feet Under!
Old 06-13-2004, 09:06 PM   #15  

Hi Jessica,
Wow, a liquid diet, that must be really hard to do. I am sure you have good reasons to be on one and I am sure you will like the women here on the thread. I just joined not too long ago and everyone is really nice. Welcome to the group and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

p.s I am Lisa 32, married to Ed 16 years, and have two monster boys (oops I mean little angels ) 8 and 12 years old.