Old 09-16-2004, 06:32 AM   #151  

Default Hello

Mel, you crack me up....... thanks for the comments. I didn't think you still had the birdie in your care, which bird is this one? How are you doing on the SBD so far..... I am so pathetic when it comes to dieting that I just am trying to eat smaller portions and concentrate on some other areas in my life right now. I know there is still hope for me but my energy isn't there. THat's why I like to come and visit with all of you to keep me from totally falling off the deep end!!!!!
My little Teeka got me up soooo early today that I will require a nap later I am sure...after my happy toes treatment! I haven't ever gone to this gal using one of my gift certificates from my bday.
Take care everyone and how about a hi from all you chicks around the world. Miss hearing your tales of life.

See Ya,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #152  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Nae~ Still trying to figure out my anniversary date! Seems the marriage license is lost! Jen's cockatiel is here (he is cage-free) and my 2 finches that are left.(caged) We had 11 but they get old and pass on. One is not looking so good lately but they are over 10 yrs old now. the SBD goes very well thanks. I lost 1 lb last week. Let me tell you something.......I just happen to like structure in my dieting because I am home all day and could use someone telling me when, where and how much to eat. It's like having a trainer and keeps me accountable even if it's only to a website or a book. Portions and healthy choices are what it is all about anyway. for me it is finding foods that won't interfere with my many conditions and still lose weight in the process with little exercise. looking at this in print makes me laugh out loud!!! I need a no-salt, low-fat, low-carb, good for the cholesteral plan. WHAT FOODS ARE LEFT THAT TASTE GOOD?!?!?
Other areas are good to take care of too. I am also working my butt off on them. Why do women always put them off and take care of everyone else??? One of Life's Mysteries! LOL
I must stop writing.....it's becoming a book! good luck again with your choices and "other things"!!!

Happy~ I will try not to be long winded here too!!! The poor birds!! I would probably be out there with a shotgun! Wonder if there is a smiley with handcuffs on the wheels!!!
Sorry no one is in as big a hurry as you. Waiting is tough and with a countdown as well. When I think of you and Shad I think of a "walk on the wild side". Journeys into the unknown. Adventures. But I know it's not fun to feel. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
The trip would be one way to get away from it all and try not to think for a few days at least. Hope you both get to go.

I had more LOO probs yesterday for over 12 hours. It may be the discontinued use of 2 meds so I will see how today goes. Feeling a bit weak and sore inside and OUT!!! this too shall pass. I cleaned the freezer and will try to catch up with some apt. cleaning today. God knows it needs it!

Good thoughts to Shad, Teel, Meadow and Miss Linus who are out in the wilderness being Worldly Chicks!!!
Have a wonderful day all!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:41 AM   #153  
Happy September

Post Melbourne Courier Express

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , champagne in one hand , strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - what a ride!"

A message from Melbourne this morning! Shad cannot wait to get HOME!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #154  

A quick in and hello and out for me.
Shad I am sorry you are suffering with a cold...Melbourne weather doesn't suit you I am sorry to hear I hope you feel loads better soon especially as better weather is round the corner down in your part of our universe..
Mel I hope your bumps and bruises are fading into history as well...have you customised that chair of yours yet with lights to lighten up your path and keep you and everyone in your path safe??
Happy I hope the hours start to go faster and faster as the days in this job come to an end. You seem to have had a real-life nature show right on your very doorstep!
Linus....where are you...I get very worried when we seem to lose in for a day or three...hope all is well...
I am too tired today despite the fact that I have just had my afternoon sleep for about an hour..in 2 lots, maybe...but an hour all told. I jsu feel "ill" and want to go back to bed and snuggle up under the duvet but then I fear I shall be too hot!!
I have put in my second photo cd so I will treat you all to some more scenes of my trip to town.....
See you all probably tomorrow. Meantime, take care and keep safe if this is not too tall an order!!!
T.T.T.T.!!!!
The first picture is Trafalgar Square in its night-time illuminations.
The second is the ship "The Cutty Sark"
and the third is of the (infamous) Millenium Dome. Situated on the south bank of the Thames...it was an enormous exhibition only open for millenium year showing all things scientific and suposedly of interest to the general public to celebrate the new millenium and mankind. I had better get off my soap box but before I do I will just say that since the end of 2000 it has stood empty and unused but guarded by security day and night to the cost of millions of British tax payers money...oh, the metal structure at the front is supposed to be made from recycled metal and the darker structure you can make out in the middle is "millenium man". I think that bit is the best bit of it....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CNV00023.jpg (21.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg CNV00033.jpg (32.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg CNV00040.jpg (20.0 KB, 18 views)
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:21 AM   #155  
Happy September

I must go and check out these 3 in Google!! Millenium man is a wonder in itself!! WOW! As a child I built the model of The Cutty Sark!!! I was a grand ship builder with the patience of a saint then. also build Hot Rod models with my brother. With one picture you just gave me a whole day full of memories to sort out! Thanks. Lovely pics! Bumps and bruises fading. I DO NEED HEADLIGHTS!!! Wonder where I can get them!!! LOL
When I got the notice you had posted I just ran right over to peek at the new pics!!! Have a great day!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:34 AM   #156  
Happy September

I found a great web for the dome. they have all kinds of plans for it's use. Maybe Olympics 2010!! Hmmmmmm.........
http://millennium-dome.com/news/2004...y_revealed.htm
Old 09-16-2004, 03:49 PM   #157  

good evening chickies im still here just not in a very good mood so rather than upset anybody im staying away all are fine here craigs in love and married to either messenger or his mobile phone conner is becoming more sarcastic by the second dh and myself are going out for a meal on friday so because ive been so fed up i resorted to my usual comfort zone naughty knickers!!!! i bought myself a lovely basque with thong and thought it was lovely conner asked to see it and promptly asked when we where going camping needless to say anygood feelings disappeared very quickly so did conner when i chucked a book at him well im having to resort to the formal complaints procedure with the housing association as they have deciede that the reason that i couldnt get a three bedroom house is beacause THERE IS ONLY THREE YEARS BETWEEN MY KIDS what utter tripe and here i am getting upset again so im going i promise i wont stay away if my mood allows but i am going out tomorrow so probably wont be in till saturday so ill speak to you all then
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:04 PM   #158  

thought id show you what i bought
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #159  
Radiate self!

It is my daugher's fifth birthday today We are making a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, her choice. She is getting lots of "My little pony" toys, a castle set and baby carriage set. Wheee! Nothing fascinating going on with me, I have exercised twice this week, everyone around me is snuffling and coughing. I took an echinacea pill and crossing my eyes hoping the sickness passes me by. The summer weather is no longer here, just sheets of rain and chilly cold with it. Feels like October already.

Good thoughts and warm hugs to all you dear ladies on your journey through these days. Stay well!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:24 AM   #160  
Happy September

Linus is that you modeling the outfit!!!! I love the selection!!! Bet DH does too!! Hope you have many fun and happy moments wearting it!!! If I had been there I'd have smacked Conner along side the head! LOL Sorry about the house. Hope there is a better explanation than the ages! Good luck. I do wish you would stay here mad, sad or whatever!!! That's what this place and friends are for. Good times and bad. God knows I have dumped here too! We miss you. Take care of yourself too while the world goes insane around you. (((HUGS)))

Meadow~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEADOW'S DAUGHTER
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Hope you both have a wonderful day. My little pony is so adorable!! I love toys! Good thoughts back to you and hope the day is a great one!

Well I am amongst the living today and almost my old self again. Still with the SBD and not doing badly but I don't see the weight loss others have experienced so maybe I am at the end of the diet road. There is too much freedom with sodium in this diet for me so I still am trying to lower it. I am still experiencing headaches that never really go away. They are just different amounts of pain. God knows I have enough "other" pain without this tacked on to the end of the list of complaints!
I will stick out the 14 days though. Don't think I could go the whole month like the 3 others have that I know. sigh.
Other than this, I am anticipating the sun coming back on Sunday!!! So I will clean and stay busy till then! Have a great Friday!! Miss Shad will be home!! YAY!!! This week just flew by!!! TTTT!!
Old 09-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #161  

Linus Sorry you are having such a bad time my friend.Big hugs to you .
I am writing this listening to the cd of Mamma Mia on the pc. My friend sent me the cd from the show we saw only 16 days ago in London. It seems an absolute age ago. The music is superb and I think I am playing it at a few thousand decibels louder than I should. hee hee. For those who don't know the music, like I didn't know until I booked it up..the music is all ABBA songs all entwined in a story of a 20 year old who is about to get married and discovers through reading her mum's diaries, that her paternal father could be one of the three guys named in pages when she was born. So she invites all of them to the wedding to end her search..of course all this is done unknown to her mum. Its a great story but I wish I'd been a bit more prepared for the story line. I'm afraid I cried. Too close to home!
Anyway now the weather has got so miserable and windy it feels like the summer is a lifetime away and we are heading helter-skelter for Autumn. I love the Autumn though. Beautiful colours and blustery winds blowing up piles of leaves all over the place..I went out this mornint to meet my support worker and got as far as the car before I turned back to the house and put a long sleeved T on. And my fleece!!
Shad I hope your cold is not getting the better of you. I miss your daily news reports from down under!
Meadow...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your 5 year old daughter! I expect your evening was all full of jelly (sugar free of course!) and birthday cake..as you say, gooey yummy chocolate icing on chocolate cake! HEAVEN! I wish I could remember that far back. Has she started school recently? I bet that was a real tearful morning if you are like all of my friends who have children! They all cried buckets when the children started school.
Now what news from this neck of the woods? Nothing really inspiring to tell you about..I am slightly worried to admit I am a bit excited about my second weigh in/ Watch it though. I'll probably fall flat on my face!! Monday morning will come soon enough..
.Mel, you are forbiiden to go out after dark cos I think your body has enough to put up with without you adding bumps and bruises to it falling down pot holes and fissures in the sidewalk!!
See you all tomorrow, girls! Meanwhile take good care and keep safe whatever the world throws at you....
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:06 PM   #162  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good Morning World

She's back in dear old warm (25 degrees as I sit here) Brisbane - blue skies, sunshine, green grass, green trees, flowers, and WEEDS. Gotta have something to moan about. Actually contrary to popular belief, I quite like Melbourne but all this grey is getting at me. Grey road, grey pavements, grey buildings, grey sky, grey hair - whoops - sorry. But we flew in last night to a balmy 15.5 degrees (Melbourne hadn't even got that high for the day) and stars and a moon and this morning is just delightful. I feel energy seeping back, I feel spirits rising, I feel like me again. Sorry - waxing poetic now! oh heck where did that come from???
Mel, I am so sorry that I missed you out of my post. I am humbled, on my knees and grovelling. Please forgive me (for I have sinned). Don't know how you got missed.
Happy, hope some news comes for you soon jobwise. And I am delighted to hear you are back exercising regularly. It really does help even if it is only to get rid of aches and pains (and maybe create some new ones in their place) but it is the only thing that has moved my weight - my food is just the same as previous - however I am now finding I feel the cold a lot more or at least seem to. Always something.
Auckland - well I suppose it could sound like Oakland to those with a Northern twang. But awkland it is - as in awkward (clumbsy, unwieldy, tricky)(all describe Auckland) - named after a Brit bigwig if I remember rightly although one not so reverent Anglican clergy discribed the area in a tv comedy skit as - that awkward bit of scrap land up there towards the tail end of the fish shall be named Awkland. Fish - tail end I hear you ask - well the legend of Maui (son of the early Maori legend of Rangi (sky father) and Papa (earth mother) is that he was standing on the mountains of the South Island and fished up the North Island while he was getting some fresh fish for dinner. That's a very errr loose version of the story I might add. But if you look at the North Island, it does look somewhat like a fish - well Ray anyway.
Teel, where are all the people in the square??? Last time I was there, the multitudes were bathing in the fountains, sitting on the spouts and washing their a**es and generally behaving boorishly as only tourists can do while under the influence of alcohol. I refused to take photos of dead white backsides!!!
Headaches Mel??? That is not good. Get it checked - could be a number of innocent things like withdrawal symptoms, teeth problems, ulcers, sinus or too much or too little of a type of food. I'm finding cramp can get to be a problem now that I have cut most salt out of my diet. Specially If I am sitting on the floor doing pilate stretches or similar!
Happy Birthday (belated) to Meadows daughter from me here in Australia. Attached is a card for her. If I had known her name (and you probably have mentioned it) then I would have had the name put on the card. But there you go.

Now Teel is waiting on a weighin and good luck for that one kiddo. I just had one this morning. Despite my fears I am down to 70.5 down a kilo. Haven't measured, but will do that tomorrow morning (before DS2's bbq lunch) and publish it sometime during the next couple of weeks. Unless of course I can find a kindly minded scale in Melbourne, then I will do it at the correct time. It just seems a little early yet.
Well, got lotsa things to do today and I'll be here for 2 whole days, so it is time to get off here and go do something.

Zippity doo dah, zippity day, my oh my what a wonderful day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:15 PM   #163  

Oh Oooh I forgot to check on Linus. Love the underwear and will join Mel in clipping the kid about the ears (and knees and backside - probably I can reach them easier). I hope things get better for you soon. Wait, I forgot, they are probably waiting until you have completely renovated and refurbished the old house before they give you another of equal vintage with equal amounts of work to do!!
I agree with Mel, I'd rather have you here moaning and groaning and telling funnies than not at all - and you can't worry teel, cause she is having enough troubles already - so there, some reasons to be here and whinging!
Old 09-17-2004, 09:17 PM   #164  
Happy September

How I have missed you!! I am so glad I came back to do some googling and go on e-bay. Good to see you back and though it is for just the weekend I hope you get your fill of warmth and sun!!!
Bottle it and take it back!! OFF THOSE KNEES WOMAN!! I could never be mad at you no matter what. Or any of the res of the Worldly Chicks! We are Family!! la la la God now I am singing at night too! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!! Bet Sunday is elated when he sees you!! I think the headaches were from the sugar-substitute aspartame. found in jello, puddings, drinks. and yougurt! Guess I had too much cause it set off the rosacea!! I know....don't yell! LOL I thought I could get away with it for 4 weeks and didn't! This too shall pass!
Take care my Aussie friend and have a great weekend!
Old 09-18-2004, 12:20 AM   #165  

Default That's me, the reddest red face!!!!!

Cos I didn't say hello to Roseblush either and I love seeing her entries popping up and cheering me up with the deer and the woodpecker etc.
I'm sorry you find the wedding anniversary hard Rose, mine would have been the 32nd last August 3, but it doesn't worry me, and I rarely think of it on the day - sometimes a day or two before or after, but rarely at the right time. Guess it goes without saying that it no longer worries me!!! I think the last five or so years have been the happiest. I've been solo a bit longer than that but it probably took a while to get my act together.
Anyway, here is my red face. See you all later.