Old 08-09-2004, 04:56 PM   #1  

Default Kaitikat MissyK Cyndy CHAT

Hey girls! I've started the thread! Now we can help eachother along the way! Hmm where to start? Well...how about what motivates you?

For me, the motivation has been a guy (yes, yes I know) I met a year ago at work. Last summer, you see, I was still quite thin...103lbs to be exact. Everyone at the place got along with me...at it was the best two weeks EVER! It was just a summer job, though. He and I got along very well...and everybody could tell we liked eachother. But when it was the last day, he asked me for my contact and I, being the stupid girl that I am, didn't give it to him. "Why", you ask? Well at the time I was 17, and he was 24. I thought it was sorta icky. But I couldn't stop thinking about him...2 more weeks and it'll be a year that I haven't stopped liking him. I went places that I assumed he might be in hopes of bumping into him...but it never happened. He's...well...the FIRST guy I've ever liked in my life. And just two months ago, I realized that "omg I'm 17lbs heavier than I was last summer". So I kept reminding myself with post-its of his name that I HAVE to push myself.

Whew...sorry for the long post...just thought I'd let you know my little situation. Hehe as you can see, I'm very open about my life...at least only online.

Oh...and this is how I did so far today:
Breakfast: nectarine, oatmeal
Snack: apple, yogourt
Exercise: 30 minutes walking, 30 minutes hula hooping
MissyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:39 PM   #2  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey yall! im glad that you put up this post cause i didnt want to keep sending private messages! haha! well for my modivation i had a big piece of poster board on the closet which held all of the junk food. and on that poster board i had all kinds of pictures of skinny people. and everytime i went to go get a snack i would say to myself...do you want to be skinny or not? and i just walked away from that closet. you should try it some time. it works.
here is what i have eaten today so far...
breakfast...bran muffin
lunch...pieces of turkey and yogurt
snack...which i am about to reach for right now...banana

well i hope to hear from you all soon!

-kaitikat
kaitikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:37 PM   #3  

Heya! Hehe what can I say...I use my computer everyday

So this morning I went to the hospital to get an X-ray. I didn't want to buy anything there to eat...so I just DIDN'T! so from 7am to 12pm I had a nectarine and that's it. I ended up falling down a flight of stairs outside the bookstore. I'm the kind of person that can't LIVE without a big breakfast. So right now I'm eating a chicken tortilla wrap for lunch. I spent 5 minutes picking out the cheese lol.

Kaitikat, I totally admire you for eating so healthy. But I find when I have to eat healthy stuff all the time, I end up overeating on the third day or something. Does that ever happen to you? Or do you occasionally treat yourself? I personally treat myself every single day (like this chicken wrap).

Hehe actually, Kaitikat, I also have pictures of skinny girls wearing bikinis in my room. But I get weird responses from my friends who visit though

Where's Cyndy?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Girls!!!

I am soooo sorry for not replying to this until now...I'm a dork and didn't even know it was posted in this section. So sorry again, but I am THRILLED to see you guys started this thread...so lets chat

Well, MissyK, I understand your desire to lose weight because of a guy. I think at one time or another we all go through that. I feel your frustration at liking someone so much and at the same time not being able to talk to them, especially when you feel you had a chance and gave it up...Well believe me I have done many things I regret but at the same time you did what seemed best at the moment and that is okay. More than likely you will run into him again, and at that point you will see how things are still. And although I know he would still find you attractive at 120 lbs (thats not a lot!) and I know you are down to 113 lbs which is great. The most important thing is that you feel confident.

KaitiKat, you are very good about sticking to healthy foods! Good job. I am with Missyk in that I treat myself a lot too (maybe too much?) hehe...but today I had:

Breakfast:
bran cereal w/ skim milk and 1/2 banana
coffee with bit of skim milk

Snack:
nectarine
few almonds

Lunch:
Grilled chicken sandwich (lowfat)
some fries!!! (at least I didn't eat a lot of them, gave it to my dad!)

Dinner:
Vegetarian chili with brown rice
1/2 english muffin with peanut butter
a cookie

Okay, so I'll admit I really shouldn't have had the cookie. Damn...but I won't go off and binge or anything..thats the culprit for me - just giving up and giving in...

I will probably go walk/jog for a half an hour now. I will come write more later. I love communicating with you guys, I could write forever!

Talk to you soon
Cyndy
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:23 PM   #5  

Oh yeah! One more thing - I was wondering if you guys strictly count calories everyday, or just eyeball portions, don't eat past a certain time etc. How does your usual method go?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #6  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey yall! what's up? nuttin much here! my diet is going pretty well. im losing the weight i put on! thank goodness!

Missyk...i do over eat sometimes...i usually hate myself after that though.
i sometimes do treat myself to some chocolate oh is that good! and sometimes i go over board and eat a hamburger! but that happens really rarely.

cyndy...i do sometimes count all of the calories i eat so i can burn them when i excercise. i dont really have a time that icant eat after. (does that make sense???) haha.

what are some of the hobbies do you guys do?

ttyl!

-kaitikat
Old 08-11-2004, 04:03 AM   #7  

hehe I can write forever too!

Well I didn't eat well today...

Breakfast: nectarine
Lunch: chicken tortilla wrap
Dinner: chicken and noodles in soup
Dessert: Starbucks Frap, brownie

I worked out quite a bit though...I did the 2-mile walk with Leslie Sansone (Walk Away The Pounds), and 30 minutes of hula hooping. BUT my friends called me out for some coffee and late night bowling...so I messed up there. But worst of all was, we had some alcoholic drinks after the bowling, which as I understand, is SUPEr high in calories.

I usually try to count calories every day...keeping it under 1200 cals. But I usually go over LOL. I eat as late as I want...because sometimes I get off work at 10pm without dinner so I'm forced to eat at around 11pm. But is it better to not eat after a certain time?

OH and my hobbies:
DRAWING (I can do that for hours if I weren't so paranoid about gaining weight while sitting)
Bowling, playing pool, going out to eat, shopping, checking the forum for replies!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:47 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies!

Well I will have to make this a reallly quick post because I am leaving to work soon (thank goodness ill be done in a week and a half!). It's only 6:30 am and I have a full working day ahead of me, should be home by 6 pm tonight. Then I have to study for my freakin' final! ahh, dumb summer course!

Anyways, I ate some cookies last night while watching this tv show with my sister, this morning I was mad at myself, but I'm not gonna let it get me down.
For breakfast I had 1/2 an english muffin with pb, some yogurt and a few almonds which brings me to about 223 cals i think.

I just wanted to answer MissyK's question about eating late. There is nothing wrong with it if you have to, for example missing dinner than you must and it is OK. I have just heard that it is better to do most of your eating early in the day and eat light at night. I used to do that and could eat quite a substantial amount during the day and wouldn't eat past 5 or 6 pm. Those days are gone though! I havent "dieted" for a long time this seriously so its taking me awhile to get back into it. Right now I am happy if the rest of this week I can manage no more than 1500 cals. But I keep messing up before bed and its sooo frustrating!

Oh, Kaiti...I wanted to ask you about the motivation poster - its such a great idea, but keeping it where the snacks are, do your parents see it? I'm not sure I could get away with it at my house lol...but I am thinking of making one and keeping it in my room.

As far as hobbies....well I've always loved writing - poems, letters, etc. I guess I express myself well through writing. I enjoy drawing and painting, but unfortunate I suck at it!
I took some dancing classes (latin, ballroom) last summer and it was awesome but got too expensive so I stopped.
I am a girlie girl in the sense that I love to shop (but hate to try on!), do makeup, I love doing my hair...stuff like that
I love going clubbing with my friends (the only problem is the drinking which is high in calories but I've always found I lose weight the next morning - probably from dehydration and all the dancing).

In any case I've got to run, going to be late! Ah, I am not looking forward to an hour and a half of traffic.

Well, later! Take care and ahve a great day!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #9  

Hey girls! I'm back from the States. I went there with friends because (this is going to sound stupid) we wanted Abercrombie and Fitch sweaters LOL. That's right...we drove 2 hrs from Vancouver to BEllevue Square for Abercrombie and Fitch.

Anyway, I ATE SO MUCH!!! We ate breakfast lunch and dinner there! American serving sizes are quite a bit larger than Canadian serving sizes, aren't they? Well it was delicious, though. We went to Cheesecake factory!

So I'm back on track today.

Thanks for answering me about the dinner thing, Cyndy. Yah, you do have a point...and I always screw up at night too. I only have less than a week until I see that guy again...so I have to resort to drastic measures. I'm thinking of skipping dinner for maybe 3 or 4 days. People have lost ALOT when they skipped dinner...my friend lost 10lbs in one month!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #10  

Hey Missy and Kaiti!

MissyK - another fellow Canadian, right on! I am from Ontario, Toronto specifically, ever been this way? Not to worry about going to the States just for shopping, I would do that too!
I understand your dire need to shape up before seeing that guy again..a question though, how do you know you'll see him again!?! Is it the same job and if so will you be working with him? That is so awesome.

KaitiKat, what kind of exercise do you do? I wish I had more energy to workout but I find after work I am soooo exhausted that recently I havent been able to - I guess its because work keeps me outta the house like 12 hours a day and than I have to study for my course - but it will all be over with in a week and then i want to spend a lot of time until school starts working on improving my body.

My motivation recently has been my ex boyfriend. We are still friends but I havent seen him for awhile...and the next time I see him I want to kinda show him up. I know that sounds immature, and its totally a smaller extent of my motivation but its still there and it will feel so darn good.

MissyK - what grade are you going in or are you entering College at this point?

I feel like I messed up a bit today because I ate too much at dinner b/c its my dad's birthday. Well I stopped eating after dinner so at least I did that much.

A question for both you guys. How do you find maintaining a weight around 110 lbs? When I was trying to get there before I found like it was impossible...Kaiti, I believe you used to weight around 130 lbs, do you find it extremely hard to maintain at this weight?

I have more stuff I wanna talk about but my mom keeps calling me, so I will come back and finish this post in a bit!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:11 PM   #11  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey yall! sorry i have nt been talking lately. i have been busy shopping for school. i cant wait till school. i want to see all my friends!

missyk...i decided to put it in my room instead...i didnt want everybody to see skinny mini girls! haha!

i forgot who asked this question...for excercise i got on my bike for like and hour. and then i do some crunches and sit ups.

i forgot who asked this question...it is very hard maintain my weight...but im still trying to lose it

some of my hobbies are...basketball...horseback riding...going to the gym...reading.

anybody have a good book they read lately?

ttyl!

-kaitikat
Old 08-13-2004, 07:10 AM   #12  

Good morning!

Okay so I am staying home from work today to study for my exam tomorrow - ahhh scary..hehe

I just wanted to post what I eat here today, but i feel that every night I overeat, not but a whole lot, but even to stop weight loss. So here's to being accountable

Breakfast:

Light carrot muffin with light margarine - 240
coffee - 10
Total: 250

That's it so far, but I will periodically post throughout the day to make sure I do well today

Good luck both of you with eating well.

Ttyl
Old 08-13-2004, 12:35 PM   #13  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey! whats up ladies? well today i have eaten...

breakfast...bran muffin

snack...cup of cheerios

thats it for now!

ill talk you all later!

-kaitikat
Old 08-14-2004, 05:46 PM   #14  

Hi girls!
YESTERDAY I BINGED SOOO MUCH!!! I HAD OVER 2000 calories before bedtime (a whole cheesecake and whole toblerone)!!! But this morning, I went to the bathroom and discovered why. Time of the month. *rolls eyes*

I'm under control today, though. So far I've had a tomato and a piece of whole grain bread with diet coke. I haven't had lunch yet.

Yes, it IS a dire need to get in shape to see the guy, although I am still proud of myself for my accomplishments so far. I know I'm O.K. where I am, but I'd be more secure if I were back to my previous weight. And Cyndy, I TOTALLY understand your want to show him up. Who wouldn't want to make their EX see what they're missing?

Oh, and I'm going into second year...gonna major in econ.

I think it's VERY hard maintaining weight. I could easily go back up to 120lbs in a week or two. Also, as you get lighter, your body doesn't burn as many calories. To maintain my weight, apparently, I only need 1300 calories. OMG that's like a single MEAL at Mcdonalds!

Cyndy, I think it's great that you work so much because then you won't be focusing so much on eating. I worked 10 hr shifts. But I couldn't handle it...so I cut my hours in half. Waitressing...it rocks.

OH YES I HAVE READ A GOOD BOOK, Kaitikat!!! I couldn't put it down! It's called "When in Rome". But I'm not sure if you like that genre. It's a humorous novel featuring a typical girl in her twenties that yearns for extravagance, and finally decides to pursue her dreams of finding romance and excitement. VERY funny book. Author's last name is Townley.
But if you're into Sci-fi fantasy, I suggest ANYTHING by Terry Pratchett. He's MY FAVORITE. Read the discworld series.

Last edited by MissyK; 08-14-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #15  

Congratulations on LOSING WEIGHT, Cyndy! Keep it up, girl!

Last edited by MissyK; 08-15-2004 at 01:28 PM.