Old 09-06-2004, 10:23 PM   #46  

That's gotta be the first time anyone's ever called me their "idol".

THANKS, GIRLS!!!

GLad to hear you girls had fun on your trip! Don't worry about the 2lbs, Kaitikat. You can lose it EASILY, girl! Nowww go mack on the cute guy lol!!!

Cyndy, you have no idea how happy I am to hear about your loss! Honestly. It makes me so happy that my weight loss buddy is LOSING weight!!!

WEll, it didn't work out between me and the guy...but another guy asked me out. I said no. THen he went and won me a big stuffie at the fair and forced me to keep it. Gaaaad I don't like him though! I hate good looking guys. They put me through **** in highschool, and even though this guy is super nice, I just can't accept him! What to do?

OH, and to answer the questions:

I honestly don't know how much I lost per week. First, I was never good 7 days a week. Secondly, I didn't weigh myself weekly. I'd go into periods of "I'm not on a diet anymore" sometimes as well.

Don't be pessimistic. Don't think that you have to do today what you did yesterday...that's now how we live life. The key is to choose a healthy lifestyle that's flexible and satisfying.

The only thing I can say for sure is that I stopped my late night binges. YES, small changes DO make a big difference, don't they?

As for maintenance, it's really not as hard as others say it is. You'll notice that your appetite shrinks after a while. I just feel...well I guess "dirty, stinky, ugly" after eating lots now.

I just think back...2 months ago I was sitting on the bus contemplating how long it would take me to get to 110lbs. Just think about the last time you were thinking about how long it'd take you to lose 5lbs. Well, you've lost more than that now. That time in between is really nothing. Just don't keep weighing yourself...I learned that the hard way.

School starts tomorrow! Aaaah!!!
MissyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:38 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

Thank you so much for advice, MissyK. It's funny how everything you say makes sooo much more sense then when I hear it from others. You just really know what you're doing and I am incredibly grateful to have your support.

So this guy you are talking about....why don't you like him back...just not your type, or is he one of the guy's that gave you **** in highschool? If he is a nice guy and you are attracted to him, maybe it is worth it to give it a try? All I know is I would die to meet another good looking, very nice guy because there is no cure for a broken heart like finding someone else, seriously. I don't think things will ever work out between me and my ex, and I don't want to believe that but I need to have a more realistic view. In the past, I was only able to move on from someone I really wanted to be with by finding someone better. Or at least try. I am still waiting for someone else to come around...

One thing...all that pessimistic thinking did me NO good yesterday. I ate so much food, didn't keep track, at a lot at night (something I never do anymore) and I just feel AWFUL this morning. Ah geez. Well it's a new day and I am ready to make it good without giving a second thought to my screw up yesterday. And I didn't weight myself b/c it'd be too depressing to see the weight gained back even temporarily by water etc. But one day surely can't make me permanaently gain back the 2-3 lbs.

I have been lacking in fruits and veggies lately so I really want to try and incorporate more of them today.

ANyways, I have a dentist appointment and then off to develop some pictures. School starts for me tomorrow because luckily I don't have class on Tuesdays!

Thanks again for tips. I think yet again I'll be printing out your response. I just find it so motivating.
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #48  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey girlies. my diet is doing well. i guess. i weighed myself today in the morning and i weighed 112 and a couple notches. not bad! haha.
today i ate...

a bran muffin...breakfast
a salad...lunch
a granola bar...lunch
carb control yogurt...lunch
some low fat pringles...snack after school
chicken and broccoli...dinnner (is that how you spell it?! haha.)

ill talk to you later girlies.

-kaitikat (isnt it cute?!? haha.)
kaitikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 11:45 PM   #49  

Hey girls!

I haven't been good lately. Well, I've been having lots of FUN, but with FUN comes CALORIES. Oh well...what's four or five days of junk food? probably a pound? I don't dare weigh myself, though. I was SORT of good today:

B: Toast w/ cream cheese, nectarine
L: rice, vegetables and chicken
D: Chicken breast, thigh and drumstick >_< oh I am TOO full!!!
S: 6 small plums

I think that's about 1600 calories.

Thanks for the advice, Cyndy. But I don't think things will ever work out between the guy and I as well. I'll try to move on...but I definitely can't accept someone else. At least, not for now. Even in the midst of partying with close friends, I can't help but feel like crying because of my utter hopelessness. Just the other day, I cried on the bus.

We should fill our emotional void with weight loss, I suppose.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:52 PM   #50  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

hey girls! i just got bac from school...uhh boring! 7 hours of stupid things! haha. my diet is going alright. i still havent lost those pounds...im sure you guys are like...''wats taking her so long!!!'' haha. i treat myself. a lot. haha.
well i have to go do homework...ttyl!

-kaitikat
Old 09-15-2004, 12:58 PM   #51  

Hey girls...

Well I have not been doing so well lately. I guess I avoid posting when I feel like a failure and it's embarrassing, and I don't want to let you guys down. But this is what has been happening.
I read a couple books in the summer by Jean Antonello called How to Become Naturally Thin By Eating More and Breaking out of Food Jail. They are excellent sources of information and ring very true, but they are also anti-diet. To make a long story short, ever since I read them it was hard to forget what I learned from it, that being, diets make you fatter in the end. And I know this is true from statistics and my own experience. I am much bigger now than when I started dieting in grade 7. You see, I wanted to try and see if I could get out of the diet mentality but in order to recover according to the book, is you must start eating when you're hungry but because we have been so out of tune with our body signals it can be difficult, and most people have to gain weight before they lose it naturally. I started to gain weight and realize I am not strong enough because I am totally freaked out and feel like I can't stop eating now...Sorry this must be totally confusing...

I just feel like I am at a complete loss. I want to know what it would feel like for once in my life to be as thin I have always wanted to be. But I also think that I guess I just don't want it badly enough or I would have accomplished it by now. I suppose the motivation isn't as high as it should be and therefore I can't do it. I don't know. All I know is that in thinking of all this I almost started crying on the train. I am in disbelief, or denial, in the fat person I really have become. Guys it just makes me sick. Why did I let myself get like this??

Are you guys prepared to watch everything you eat till the day you die? Because I am not sure I can do that. I am so terribly sorry for such a whiney post but I have never been so confused. I just almost know that restricting my food down to 1200 or even 1500 cals doesnt work for me anymore...I just get so hungry and binge....and then I think, well, years ago I was never more motivated, I was obsessed with my weight and still could not get it below 120 lbs...how could I possibly do it now with waaaay less motivation?

I think you two are the most incredible woman for being able to do it. I don't even comprehend how you could. I admire you with everything in me.

I don't know where I am going with this, but I had to let it out because it is stressing me out big-time. MissyK, maybe I should follow your lead and fill my emotional void with weight loss. God knows, I have a big void, as things are also non-existent with my ex. We didn't end up getting back together. Not to make it sound like I feel sorry for myself, but seriously I have no idea why he even weht for me in the first place, because he is the type who is kinda superficial, like he works out EVERY day at the gym no matter what time and I saw pictures of his ex girlfriends and I am not joking she had a model's body, in fact he then told me she used to model...I was just sinking in my chair....eeeeeek life sux for me right now.....

I apologize once more for my self absorbed ramble here. Thanks for listening MissyK and Kaitikat.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:01 AM   #52  

Oh my goodness. I came online to tell you guys how horribly I've been doing. I've been avoiding this thread as well, because I didn't want to disappoint you girls. But I can't help it. I feel like a complete failure. I must have had over 3000 calories today because I felt so...lonely. My stomach hurts like a b*tch right now, too.

I was on such a roll when I thought I had hope with the guy I liked. But now that things are also non-existant, I've just let myself go. Over these few days I must of gained 1-2 lbs...I can see it in my face. I want a way out of this dieting mentality. Before, I was so clear on what I was doing. But now, I just eat for the heck of eating. I've lost weight, and I'm happy. But I feel like I'm on my way back to gaining weight...like before. I can so EASILY gain 5lbs in two days it scares me. That's what happened to me in the past.

I'd like to eat normally...but I just can't anymore. I'd eat normally, and follow the normal meal with a WHOLE box of Pot of Gold (today). I just feel like poop.

I don't know where to turn...I'm so close to my goal, yet I can't help but drift away. I don't know exactly WHY I'm doing this to myself.

I hope we can get through this together. I wish I was as cheerful as you, Kaitikat. And Cyndy, I'm gonna send you a PM...otherwise I'd never end this post.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:52 AM   #53  

HEY girls!

I'm sO tired today! I had school, then work. But hey...I didn't overeat today! I know, because my heart isn't beating super fast and my stomach isn't hurting.

B: oatmeal w/ brown sugar
L: snack size oreos (I know I'm bad...but it was under 300 cal per bag)
D: tuna/salmon roll, avocado roll, california roll (about 250 cal each)

So...I had about 1300 cals today? And guess what?! I was TOTALLY FULL!

Hehe now I'm off to SLEEP!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 09:46 AM   #54  

Sorry that Im barging into your guys private chat thing, But I was reading through it and you guys kinda sound like where I am at, with my weight and dieting and stuff. I was wondering if I could join your chat?
lol, i feel kinda stupid asking if I can join, hehe....Its alright if i guys dont want me to tho...

Well Im 15 yrs old, and in grade 10.
Im a dancer/gymnast. I weigh around 126 right now...but im hoping to get down to 100-105. and Im 5 ft 2.
blondie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:45 PM   #55  

Hi Blondie77! I personally have absolutely no problem if you would like to join in. We are all very supportive here and just want to help each other out. I think I speak on all our behalves saying "welcome to the group!" hehe

We could use all the encouragement and support possible because healthy eating, lifestyle changes and losing weight are one of the hardest battles to fight.

Look forward to learning more about you
Old 09-18-2004, 09:08 PM   #56  

Thank you guys so much for letting me join, lol. I know how hard it is to lose weight and support really does help.

Well I went to a party tonight and I had some chips and stuff. And a few candies. Supper was pasta, so I filled up on salad and just had like 1/2 c. of pasta. But then of course there was cake, but tomorrow i am going to be really healthy and just eat minimally.

Today I made a few 'motivational posters' as to speak. I made one that is like a chart thingy. I will keep it on the fridge in the kitchen and have to go through it everytime I enter the kitchen. At the top it says 'Are you truly hungry?' then there are Yes and No, At No it says Leave the Kitchen Now!!!!! and Yes says Drink 2 glasses of water then Leave the kitchen.THen its like still hungry? yes, no....and yes says to eat sum cut up veggies and then its like drink more water and then its have some fruit and yogurt and then at the end it just says LEAVE THE KITCHEN NOW before you give in!!!
I made another one with some skinny gymnasts on it, and it has questions like, do u want to be skinny? are u willing to make some sacrifices (cutting out junk) to lose weight? Do you want to feel confident? and other ones like those, and then its like, if YES is the answer to any one of these, then leave the kitchen.

Lol, yea well I just blabbed about nothing, sorry! i got a little excited about my little system tho, hehe.

Well I've gotta go, mom just came home with groceries (healthy foods! we dont buy junk anymore cuz she is trying to help me with my weightloss)
blondie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 01:38 AM   #57  

Oh my goodness, blondie!! You are SO smart! I think I'll make those posters right now. Ok, tomorrow...because I have homework to do.
Welcome to our chat! We're SO super nice here, and we DO help eachother out! Just feel free to say anything here, whether it's related to weight or not. Cyndy and I tend to talk about our personal lives here too, hehe.
At any rate, we're all trying to get to our goal, so we'll give eachother all the support we need.
I ate quite a bit today, but I'm not feeling too guilty, because it wasn't like I ate because I was bored. I went out for lunch and dinner...and they happened to be high in calorie. Oh well.
yeah, our stats are VERY similar! Notice we're all 5"2 tall?
So what are your eating habits like, blondie?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:20 AM   #58  

MissyK...I just have to comment on the pic you have under you screen name...is that you!?!?!?! If so, if I do say so myself...you have a HOT body LOL!!!! Seriously, though, if I am correct in assuming that is you, congrats because you couldnt possibly look any better...can you sense the envy in my voice haha
Old 09-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #59  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hey girlies sorry i havent talked to in a while...ive been so busy with school...uhhh. diet is going pretty well. im STILL trying to lose these stupid pounds. but then again ive been eating whatever i want lately...thats not good! i have to lose these pounds before i go crazy!!! haha. well i have to go do some things...ttyl!

-kaitikat
Old 09-19-2004, 01:46 PM   #60  

thanks, Cyndy. Yes, it is me. But it's me
a) sucking it in until it hurts
b) standing in the dark to take an inch off each side of my body
c) wearing my "Indian Rose" brand new jeans that make me look like I have hips when in reality my silhouette is two parallel lines.

ahaha and you've yet to see my butt, where most of my fat distributes itself.

I put that up there because I've been working out my stomach the most for 2 months, and I'm proud of the little bit of definition.

I'd put my face up there but then again...I hate my face. Hehe.

So today, I've decided that I have to eat more to lose. Otherwise, I'd feel deprived. I've been reading the posts here at 3fc, and eating 6 small meals a day seems to do the trick for people.

So far:

B: coffee , oatmeal and brown sugar (not substitute sugar this time), and bowl of grapes.

Tonight I'm going to work on getting toned. I measured and found out I lost 3 inches off my waist (30 before, now 27) since the 10lbs.