Old 08-09-2004, 07:31 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat # 67

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies' family room... Come on in and chat with us....
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:34 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

It's Monday again!!

Marti - glad you were able to spend some time with your sister. Is she expecting? What exactly were you looking at, at Target?

Cristi - my friend had a candle lit during her ceremony in remembrance of her brother and the parents who had passed away. It was touching. Good luck at PT and WI today.

Jen - like the others, I'd love to see a picture of you. IMO, men love long hair because they see it as young and sexy. Just look in the underwear section of the catalog and notice the hair lengths....

Krista - YAY for you!!!! BDUs must be your uniform? Five months will pass quickly in the overall scheme of things...

Susan - Cristi's right, seedless watermelon costs more. If Mike's time with the Gabster is taking away from your time with her, I'd have him back off. What are the legal arrangements? Of course you want to be fair, but sheesh, her time with you is important, too.

Sue - I figured you/they wore t-shirt or tanks, lol. Hope you find what's wrong with you. Have you been tested for fibromyalgia? It is such an elusive disease and doctors in this area are finally getting the clue.

Angie - what's Crossing Jordan and do I need to see it?

Shanna - awww, (((HUGS)))) for the comments regarding your weight. Some people can be so thoughtless. "Pleasantly plump" is not a bad thing, though. Keep that in mind, ok? But since you are not happy, what are you going to do about it? Although you eat healthily, how about you write down your calories for a week and see how that goes? Even with healthy food, they add up real quick and it's easy to overeat without even knowing it.

Hi to the others.

We had so much fun yesterday! All the grandkids were here, so I got lots and lots of hugs and sticky watermelon kisses.

Today I have to tackle Mt. Washmore. I'm also going to work on a house-warming gift for my neice. I thought I'd do a frame, maybe 16x20 of schoool photos of her, with comments. Kind of like a big scrapbook page under glass.

What are your plans for the day?
Old 08-09-2004, 11:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

James just left for work. So I got 12hrs. with him!!

Angie--So glad that I can help you keep track of your TOM scheduling!! Thanks for the heads up on the "Village" and I've seen that it got 4 out of 5 stars.....Just going to have to wait to see it on video.....(because yeah....I still want to see it) Have you seen the movie "The hours"? I started watching it last night and ended up going to bed and recording the rest (since I was half way through) I had a hard time keeping up with it at first! (might be because I missed the first 10 mins. of it???)

Sue--Lasagna has been on my mind the last couple of days. I don't eat it much but James does and I thought about making some and then freezing it in portions so when he comes home and asks why there is no food......I can just say there is some stuff in the freezer. (I don't buy much food when there is only me here)

Cristi--You should see my dining room table and my coffee table. I'm working on scrapbooking in both places!! BUT--I did manage to clean AROUND my mess!! I finally managed to get part of a page done. I'm taking more time with this one I guess. More detailed then Usual......cutting out tiny daisies..then matting them on paper and sticking a brad through the center....then I got to looking at the colors and don't like it to much together but it's too late now!!! I will post a photo of it later on today.

Shanna--Can't believe your man changed his plans....especially with ones that don't include you!! Did ya beat him with a stick? (just teasin') I spent an hour or so with my sis & her DD. Big handlful!! Was SO worn out by the time I got back home!! If you would have came over, you would have been sitting in traffic for hours!! Did you read about that semi-truck that caught fire? Well it was just near the Creswell Exit heading south...I saw them putting the fire out when I drove up to Eugene.....there was no cab left!!! (scary)

Jana--My sister is expecting her #2, due in January.....two days after her #1dd birthday. We went to Target for whatever it was my sister needed. (I thought it was for just diapers but we left with her spending $80!!!) I just pretty much watched my niece. She started fussing so I put her down to walk and boy....she was having fun playing hide and seek!! She was cute, but I have to say I'm glad that my girl is 10!! My body is not used to the "almost 2's!!!"

Good morning to all the rest of the Jaded Gals out there!!

Not much planned for me today. I'm not feeling too good.....feel all queasy and icky. TOM is taking affect in a way that I just want to curl up and stay in a fetal position all day!! This better go away by Wednesday. At least the interview is not until 1:00. So I don't have to rush in the morning and I can pop in some IBProfin before I leave.......

I'm going to go lay down on the couch....I will check in later on this evening.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #4  
my dad made me1 from wood

Well guys,
I finally stopped throwing up yipeee... Howevery, I gained 5lbs i now wiegh 155 which is funny coz i couldn't keep anything down. So im changing my labor day goal to 150-152.
But it is my TOM so hopefully i didn't gain this much..
I loved the movie the village me and my hubby thought it was pretty good.
I started a scrapbook of me and james it pretty fun i always read about everyone doing it so I started it a couple week ago...
I only got 31more days until James is out of the Army yipppeee I hate the army hehe.. Unless for some reason they find a way to stoplaw him but they shouldn't were doing everything possible to make sure they can't. I don't want him to go back to iraq that sucked the last time he was over during the war and got to kill the sons and drag them down the street and see the palaces and stuff.... anyways no more talkin bout it... I'm gonna go back and read the thread take care guys, Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday All~

Not much to say ladies, still feeling a little icky from this cold/allergies, what ever it is. I wish it would go away. Anyway, PT was fine, it kind of seems like a waste of time and money for her to just move my arm a little. Hmmm...not sure how long this will go on. She gives me exercises to do at home so why do I need to see her and pay her??? Going to give it the benefit of the doubt and continue for a little while and see what happens. I am a little disappointed with my WI. I did mess up on my challenge of staying OP because I actually used up all my flex points and went over on Saturday so while there was no change I guess I can be thankful there wasn't a gain. I really am going to work harder at planning my meals and sticking to it so next WI will be better.

Marti~hope you get to feeling better. Since mine has been so goofy from not having one for months and then having a little surprise every now and then they actually haven't been so bad, except for the cravings. Before though, OUCH! I too wanted to curl up in the fetal position and just sleep, not do anything. Some days the pain was just unbearable and if I had pain pills I was taking them. The things we women have to endure.

Shanna~I wouldn't give what those guys said much thought. I have seen skinny women that look fine and men would say they needed to lose weight. Some people are just idiots! Only you know your body and what you need to do to feel better about yourself. Just remember the weight is not who you are.

Heather~so are you having fun scrapbooking? I enjoy it so much most of the time. Glad you are feeling better.

Jana~the house warming gift sounds cool. Glad you had a great time yesterday.

Angie~I have been watching Crossing Jordan for a couple of weeks now. I never caught it when it first came out but once in a while I catch an episode-I like it.

Hi to everyone else wherever you are

Nothing planned for the day. Went to PT, then the scrapbook store, grocery store to get a couple of things and home. Didn't really find what I wanted at the scrapbook store-was looking for baby stuff for a girl but I didn't care much for what they had. They change the stuff so often sometimes I don't like it. I did get a couple of things though. Maybe I will go to Michaels in a couple of days and see what they have before starting again. Have a load of laundry to get done and that's about it for me today. Oh, have about three or four things to iron. Anyway...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Take care
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:09 PM   #6  

Cool New Jaded Lady

Hi my name is Julie, I am 22yrs old, from Rhode Island!!!
I am interested in being a Jaded Lady!!
SW august 2003 = 256 lbs
CW august 2004 = 194 lbs
GW January 2005 = 170 lbs

I am currently working as a medical biller, but I go to school in the evenings to become a Respiratory therapist. I hope to graduate in January!!

I dont have any children, but my puppy "Max", hes a 2yr old Jack Russell..

Right now I am not on a certain diet plan, I am just trying to eat healthy and work out on a daily basis, I just want to feel better about ME!!!! But it's getting hard now to get the weight off, and I need support from people who understand what Im going through!!! So I hope that you will all accept me into the club and I look forward to meeting you all!! I have aol instant messenger , coolthng2 and I also have msn messenger [email protected]
if anyone is interested in chatting, look for me!! Hope to hear from you soon
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 05:18 PM   #7  
RosieKate

Hello all-
WI day - no change. This isn't terribly surprising as I ate all my flex and activity points last week - went a little nuts, I guess. I sent myself a thread off of DWLZ that is a " How OP are you" challenge. It's in the WW at Home thread on her message boards. I'm using it to get me back on track. I stayed within my points last week, but could have done a better job of eating my fruits/veggies, drinking milk, and getting my exercise in. I know some of it is emotional eating. My family's health problems just keep coming, it seems. My MIL's mother has been hospitalized with pneumonia and congestive heart failure...she's beginning to do things like sleep all the time and refuse to eat. My mother called to tell me my uncle's been given about 2 years to live due to a recently diagnosed heart defect. My mother, ever so tactful and full of grace, said," He's so bitter! I know he's a Christian and if he's going to be so bitter I just hope God takes him soon" Geez the guy's gonna die.. I think he has the right to be a little pi**ed for a while!

Meanwhile, this trip next week to visit my dad is looming and he's expecting us all over for dinner. I really don't want to associate with his wife ( he recently remarried his ex) but I have decided to do so for the sake of my children. I want my dad to have his opportunity to be a grandpa and I can tolerate her for that reason. They are very lucky my kids are so young - how would I explain the disappearing grandma? That's pretty much what happened three years ago...she dumped my dad after 20 years and not a phone call to me or my kid to explain why there would be no more grandma. Now they are back together and i guess it's fortunate that my son doesn't even remember her so she gets a second chance.

Enough griping....I will be going out of town later this week, so if it seems as though I fell off the face of the planet, well, I did....for a week or so

TJ - are you the one who is the Big Brother fan? So am I...sometimes I'm kind of embarassed to admit it, that show can get kind of sleazy. I follow the live feed coverage over at Survivor Sucks and I tell you, that is what makes that show fascinating. You get to read about all the stuff they don't show on TV. I'm gonna go through some serious BB withdrawal on my camping trip next week. My other fave is the Amazing Race....

Marti - I hope you feel better soon - pop those Motrin and drink lots of water..I find that helps alot especially on these hot days

Jana - congrats on yet another loss! Did anyone take a pic of you all dressed up for the wedding? I like shopping and dressing up after losing some weight - what a boost! The candle was a very classy touch, IMO. My BIL died of AIDS in 1995..when my SIL married in 1998, she asked for donations to the hospice that cared for him in his final days in lieu of gifts. She had his picture on what would have been the gift table.....your friend's touching tribute reminded me of that...

Christi - hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you and I had similar weeks. Maybe we ought to do the OP challenge together. You tally all your points for the week to come up with a percentage. My goal is to be at 75% OP or better. These tallies are for things besides staying within points...which are things I need to focus on.

Heather - I sure hope they don't extend your DH...keep reading in the news about military tours being extended - probably because they know people are itching to get out! volunteer military - ha Friend of ours is in the guard and getting ready to ship out. They are going to ship him out two weeks before his baby is born.....then he won't see the new one until he's about 18 mos old. Glad you are feeling better...

Shanna - I'm glad you are feeling more motivated, but, really, don't let what those guys said get to you. Would they be your type of guy anyway? I don't really think size has that much of a bearing on a person's ability to get with someone. It's all in the head. I know plenty of big gals who have no trouble in the romance department.... As for relatives, I grew up with skinny mom who was always trying to get me to diet....She's relaxed a bit since she's seen that I have a decent life even though I'm overweight. She and my grandma would always tell me that I'd get more dates if I lost weight. Well, you know I did ok anyway! cheer up...we are here for you...

well, DH just walked in the door, so I'm off...will try to post before we take off
RosieKate
Old 08-09-2004, 06:44 PM   #8  

Hello again ladies--

I think I've popped in 6 IBprofins since I've been up today...(got up at 6:30 when James got his phone call) That's not too bad is it?

I decided to go take my shower....and then go pay some bills and do some grocery shopping...get myself out of the house and walking so I don't feel so "ICK".....boy....you know how they tell you to shop at the grocery store around the outer aisles? Well you should have seen me....I zig zagged through the store more than twice!! I don't shop at the store very often and it was so NICE and COOL in there!!!! But I finally had to get going.

Anyone try those 100 calorie snack bags? They have oreo, chip ahoy, and cheeze nips.....I bought the chip ahoy so I could try them and see how they were. I like them. Give me a sweet treat without going crazy!

Heather--Once you get a couple pages done of your scrapbooking....post a photo!! We'd love to see your talents!

Cristi--Men should absolutely bow down to us for all the womenly crap we have to deal with each month don't you think? Not only the pain and discomfort but our mood swings!! I've been told that I can get moody!

Julie--Glad to see you made it here! Feel free to come here anytime and just talk.....about anything that you're needing to talk about. We don't limit this area to just weight loss. And sometimes things happen in our lives that we just need to yap to someone about it. Congrats on the weight you've lost so far!! That is just so great!!

Rk--I like how you're letting your dad be a grandpa. I feel the same way about my dad and my step-mom. She is no angel and no matter what she does to this day....it doesn't make up for all that she did when we were younger. Emotional scares are hard to heal. But for the sake of Jhanai...I visit or make sure that they have contact because I do love my dad and I know Jhanai love BOTH of them....(she'll never hear anything bad from me) And I always want her to have a relationship with her grandparents. It won't ever be like what I have with mine....but...you know what I mean.

Hello to the rest of you ladies out there.

I think I'm going to roll my belly onto the couch. Watch some Oprah and Dr. Phil.....stare at my scrapbook! I finally finished that page. Glued it down. Now to think of the next one!

Better get...take care!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Holy Cow!! Are you guys ALL on the same TOM schedule, or what???? They say friends get synchronized! Thanks goodness I'm done with that.... well, I hope so, anyway.

Marti - lol, I just said at the other thread how much I like the colors you chose for the new scrapbooking pages! They are really, really pretty! Glad you had some quality time with lover boy.

Heather - if they let your DH out, are you going back to Texas? This will be an exciting new chapter in your lives.

Cristi - maybe the PT techs are having you come back so they can do ROM (range of motion) checks and such? But yeah, it does seem silly to pay them to do what you can do at home. Anything that isn't a gain is a good weigh-in!

Julie - Welcome and congrats on the weight loss so far! Those Jack Russells are energetic little guys, aren't they? My sister has one, and she bounces all over the place, lol. I've got 3 dogs, and they are part of the family.

RosieKate - thanks for the tip of the thread at Dottie's. Yep, you've been through a lot of emotional stuff, with more coming, it seems. I hope you'll have time to say goodbye before you take off. Yes, I had Katie take a picture of me and Neal dressed up, and will send you a copy through your email. EDITED TO ADD: I didn't send it, because it's just too awful!

Dang, I just got company, so gotta go! BBL,
Old 08-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Hi Julie and welcome!! CONGRATS on your recent weight loss bet you feel tons better???? I am sure you will do a super job getting to your goal weight.

Hope you feel better Cristi. I use to have allergies when I lived on the coast, so miserable. Pray that you start feeling better.

YAY for James being with you 12 hours!! Are you sure all his RR friends are married?? Anyone close to seperating???? lol- I am JK!! Geesh.....get myself in trouble.I can hear the toot toots (is that what they are called??) of the train at night. It was like every 20 minutes last night. It was like "SHUT UP ALREADY!!"....lol.

Heather- you guys still doing the Race for 140?? Have you made it back to the pool yet??

Shanna- tell those men to shove it up their arse!!!! Like they are God's gift to women or something * roll eyes* ........you wouldn't want those kind of creeps anyway......lol

Jana!! My muther........
There is NO legal agreement between Mike and myself regarding Gabrielle. That was the whole point in him not seeing her for so long. I was advised not to let him see her before we went to court. Because...........if he were to take her and keep her I would be at his mercy.
So, he never went to court.
Instead we went to counseling. I don't believe he would never bring her back. I don't think he actually wants to work as a full time parent........lol
I don't like that he nickels and dimes Gabrielle. Who btw never wants for anything. I dress her really nice and she always has food on her plate. I just got her off the state medical and onto Kaiser, which I pay for......
Anyway, long winded. He owes her over $3000 in CS and I didn't receive anything in the mail today, no long lost money orders......
I give up!! I just knows when he lies and I can't deal with that in my life.

Dinner Break!!! YAY...............food!! lol

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #11  

Default Thank You

Thanks so much for welcoming me to your group!!! Tonight is tough for me, because I am trying to conquer my binging habits!!! I've figured that the only thing stopping me from losing more weight, are my nighttime munchies!!! I find that it's become a psychological thing, I feel out of sort if I dont binge junkfood before going to bed... Im not even hungry , I just feel the need to eat.. SOOOO, the buck stops here, I've promised myself that I am going to end tonight!!! No snacks, no junk, just a couple pieces of hard candy and thats it!!!!!! Pray for me please....HAHA.. If I could stop it for just one week, I probably would be over the habit, it's just getting through the week, so Ill try to keep extra busy to fill the void!!! I'll let you know how it goes....

MARTI Glad to hear you ventured out to the grocery store today!!!
I read somewhere that you were a student also, what are you
studying?? And second question, because I'm knew is James
your husband? Also where in the store did you find the 100 cal
snack bags. I think I'd be interested in those!!!!

Jana Thanks for being so kind and welcoming!!! Now one question I
have for you?? Do you create a new Chit Chat everyday? I
Just want to make sure I know where to write everyday to
you guys!! And I look forward to getting to know you better!

RoseKatie Even though we havent met yet, sorry to hear about
your family struggles. My grandmother recently passed
away and I know how difficult it is to have people in and
out of the hospital!!! It's certainly not easy, especially
when you're trying to keep a clear mind on dieting!! But
hang in there, it will be worth it in the long run!!

To everyone else, Im just getting to know everyone, so I hope to meet the rest of you soon!!! Have a wonderful night girls, and I'll check in with you all tomorrow!!!!! Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:20 PM   #12  

Here I am again!!

Trying to keep myself preoccupied. I really want to go for a walk but it is just too hot out. (love my excuses?) But it's true. Oregon shouldn't be this hot! Can't wait for FALL!!!!!!!

Julie--Those snack I found at Walmart. They say they have 100 calories and 3g. of fat per bag. The cookie is thin like a chip. And for me....it's more than enough. I'm usually not a sweet fiend...I like the salty stuff...but this just appealed to me. ----And not to butt in on Jana's answer for you.....the chit chat thread stays until it reaches 50 post...then we start a new one. Anyone who happens to see it reach there first can start the new thread. Don't worry....you'll find us.

Susan--I would like to think that I'll make it to 140 by labor day...but it sure is a struggle!! Nothing like really hot weather to make you feel bogged down. If I had the bravery, I would go to the lake and swim to cool off and get exercise...but my ex left a huge emotional scar the last time I went (humiliation and such) and I haven't been back. (pretty stupid isn't it?) I think I need therapy!

Jana--My comment about the colors were because the Oregon Ducks (college football team) colors are yellow and green. Wasn't even thinking that until I was finished. **sigh** but it's finished now. I was thinking that green and a pale pink would have looked better.......

Hello to the rest of you girls out there.

I think I'm going to grab some more water.....one thing about TOM...can't get ENOUGH water!!

I will check in again later.....such a busy girl I am......
Old 08-09-2004, 09:21 PM   #13  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jana~ Nope we are not in the wedding…just helping her plan it. And boy does it come in handy to tell someone that it is for a “client.” My hubby said that to a guy on the phone about a dj service, and got $200 off the normal price. They are going to have anywhere from 170 to probably about 200 people. If we light a fire under her tushy then we can definitely get things done.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. We have been busy, and it is going to get even busier. Our son is getting baptised this coming Sunday, so we are busily getting everything ready for that.

Plus, I emailed my sister that I haven't talked to in about 2 years. So hopefully I get a response from her soon.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:32 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Mindee, your friend is getting married and shes not like gung ho about weeding preperatons? Thats really nice of you to help her out so much.

Jewell, we have something in common,,,JR, my lil girl is 2 years old last month and her name is Skittles (the Wonder Dog..lol) we had her spayed last week, and shes done so well.
Congrats on the huge weight loss, I am hoping to follow in your lead...and Jana's lead and Susan's and Marti's

Shanna, what can I say about them dim wits you over heard? What right do they have saying such hog wash about another person? I would have to say if they were a perfect specimen of men, they still wouldn't have a right.
I wear size 20 clothes, need to lose well over a 100 lbs,,,and I on a normal basis get hit on from men. Its all about attitude! If you are a size 4 or 14 or even a 24 its how you carry yourself, the confidence you show. I personally know I will never be a size 4, I don't want to be a 24 (been there done that, thanks!) but I sure would like to be a 14, or 12 or EVEN a 10. But till then Im still living my life and taking it all in. I am not going to hide my fat bleep in the closet, I am going to do what I want to. If ever someone made a comment like that to me, I swear they would be hiding in a closet after I am done with them. Don't let people rule your life with comments like that!

Well after that Im wiped out...lol
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:04 AM   #15  

Question for you ladies--

How do you present yourself or what kind of questions should I ask if I have more than one interviewer??

I got a call from an old friend who said that she heard that OML has a panel of interviewers and I'm not too keen on that...but I want to do ok. (hopefully she is WRONG)

So.....

Need suggestions and advice...What do you girls have for me??