Old 07-01-2004, 11:49 PM   #31  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Sue, its common for people to be come depressed after heart surgery.

I am going to the library tomorrow and will look her up.
Just finished Beatrice Small s Rosemund. All her story lines run the same way...its ok if you don't read back to back books of hers.
Well Ive got to get to bed,,,don't sleep very well in the summer months,,,,we had a storm last night and I can hear thunder right now.
later
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:56 PM   #32  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I can't get the peppermint patties out of my head,,,tomorrow going to Wally's and pick up a bag...
and I need wax to do my patch...*sigh and Angelika wants me to pick a new hair color for her...
well ok now Im really going to bed now,,,to think of patties...*sigh
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:47 AM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

You know something....peppermint patties didn't sound good to me, until Angie started drooling!! Those used to be my "sweets" when I was REALLY watching what I ate. Now it seems I eat anything but the peppermints. MUST change my ways!!

I still want to get my journal from the dollar store...didn't get a chance yesterday like I was going to. Some friends invited me over for dinner. (of coarse, it didn't help that I stopped by during dinner time!!) We drank white russians and then had wine with our dinner. Felt a little tipsy so we decided to go for a walk. We walked all the way to my house and back. (almost a mile) and it was refreshing. Walked the tipsiness away!!

Anyway....

Angie--When are you planning your vacation? I'm assuming it will be a little while, unless your boys hair grows fast!! You MUST take pictures of the corn rows if they get them. How bout you...are you going to get some too? I want a vacation!! Heck...I want a honeymoon!! (patience Marti, patience....)

Sue--You DESERVED that outfit. Nothing like shopping when you've been stressed and going through a tough time. I sure wish I could do that instead of eat my way to happiness!! But I think I would be broke!! I'm going to keep that book in mind. In a couple weeks they are having "Bohemia Mining Days" in our town....a carnival thing...and they have a HUGE book sale at the library during the event. I'm so into books again!!

Susan--You know, when you start to not look around and focus on yourself and your family...that's when the right man comes along. It was for me with James. I was struggling....and then one day he caught my eye....it took another year before we got together, but I wasn't looking for anyone. (I did wish for something better all the time though) Don't worry....you'll find that perfect someone....

Cristi--I hope the storms passes with out giving you much trouble. I always hated hearing on the news about how bad the weather is in other states...and now that I have gotten to know you girls and know the area you're in....I really worry about whats going on!! You gals are like my family!! So stay off the computer until it over!!

Jana--How far do the books (the alphabet) go so far? My cousin said she has G.H.I...(I think anyways) are all her books this way..or does she have others. Very good reading!! I want to read about ghost next!! I like reading about the supernatural stuff. Especially if it's based on true events!! Crazy aren't I?

Jen--I ought to send you out shopping for my groceries!! If you look for all the low cal stuff.......then I need you by my side!! I've been doing much better lately. Actually I'm getting pretty darned proud of myself with my food choices. I deserve a brownie....oops...a brownie button!!

hello to the rest of you gals out there....Kathy..Librarykate.....Shanna...RosieKate ...Katie...who else am I missing???

Where is RosieKate?? Did she go on vacation? Did I miss something?

Well....I need to get Jhanai in the shower!! She's dirty from running around. All she says to me is "oh mom.....don't worry...it all washes off" Kids!!

You all take care and I will chat with you in the morning!!
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:51 AM   #34  
kitty Momo

I am kind of annoyed. Les called tonight.......just seems like he is wanting to pick at a wound.
He wanted to make sure I was ok,........ain't that sweet??

I told him he was being selfish. It was ok for me to feel any way I want, he has no control over that........he can't make me feel ok so he can feel better about himself???

lol.............omg- am I making sense?? I said I was fine- why is he calling me when I had no thoughts of ever hearing from him again??? Just let it go............geez lousie.......and I had to start crying because he was sweet to me and there was some fun times and ........it hurts.

I did get a Brownie something at B & Jerrys.......better go. Just was having a moment.........lol

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:12 AM   #35  
self portrait

Da fat and the furious: Hawaii, outrageous prices?? Where were you looking?? I went to hawaii last year and got a round trip ticket and a week in a hotel for 630.00 a person for all that. We also ate at the locals hang outs and got food for about 6.00 a plate, went to the store and got breakfast foods to eat all week and the most we spent was when we went to denny's and spent 10.00 a plate. We also saved by buying our tours and sight seeing in packages. So all together with airfare, lodging, food, sightseeing, souvenirs, etc. , we spent 1000.00. I think that is pretty cheap, and our hotel was only 1 block from waikiki beach. Every morning I got up and looked out to the beach, it was heavenly. I just had to say something when you were commenting about cuba and stuff. My aunt goes to hawaii every year, sometimes twice and she always gets the kick butt deals like I got, but not to be modest, she was amazed at the price I got. You need to look around girlfriend, but enjoy Cuba, I never would have thought to go there. My boyfriends friend is moving to a condo on the beach in cabo, mexico. His dad bought it for him and his new wife ( must be nice to have a rich daddy) and he said we could stay there anything time. I can't wait to get enough money together to afford to drive or fly down there. Nothing like free room and board. I have never been to mexico too and I would love to go. Well, I can tell I am rambling here, bored , tired , sad and at work. ta ta for now.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:39 AM   #36  
GmaTo8

Good Morning Chickies,

Cristi - we got a little rain here, but not much. You oughtta see the fog this morning! I don't know how Mary made it to work....

Susan - glad you had some ice cream! With brownies, even!! If that Jerk calls you again, tell him to lose your number. You are a very smart girl to see that he's wanting to ease his own darn guilty conscience!

Angie - so when are you going on vacation? Seems like you and your family have a lot of fun in your everyday lives. Your boys seem like fun people to be around.

Sue - hey, the cleaning will wait. I used to be all anal about my house since I am a SAHM, but no more! I'll check out the author you mentioned.

Marti - Q is for Quarry was the last one, but she is due for a new one anytime. Wish she'd hurry up, lol.

Shanna - glad to see you are back! Hawaii sounds so beautiful! I'd like to go someday, but my ultimate vacation would be to the UK. England and Ireland have always fascinated me for some reason. Spent a day in Tiajuana - that was fun! Tip: don't EVER ride in a mexican taxi!!

Today Mackenzie Jo the 5 y/o is having a program at Head Start. It's all about Independence so Neal and I are going to that. Then we're bringing her out here, and she and Grandpa are going to plant pumpkins. They did this last year, too. It's cute.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:49 AM   #37  
self portrait

Jana: Do not be fooled missy, I am not realy back except for the fun, non personal quotes, but I couldn't let the hawaii comment go by without some big mouth comment from me. So don't get used to it. hee hee hee hee hee. Or you could think of it as a gift. hee hee hee hee ha ha ha, only kidding
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:38 AM   #38  
RosieKate

Default Ugh

Sorry I've been MIA...been keeping up but haven't had time to post. We're getting ready to leave town 'til Monday so I want to wish you all a happy 4th. Have fun - celebrate safely. We'll be in Condon, OR w/ my mom and her husband. It is a very small town in northern central OR and 4th o'July is a big time celebration for them.We love it - main street parade, go cart races, pancakes breakfast, fireworks at the high school.

My Dad called me two days ago to tell me he's remarrying his ex wife, which, sad to say, is not good news. I'm struggling with it. She's just a real unstable person and with my luck probably lurks on these boards, lol! Anyway, I've been grieving a little and just getting my head straightened out. When she's in his life, his family gets kind of shoved aside, so I'm a bit sad since we've been able to bridge some of that distance in the three years he's been apart from her. I had a very difficult conversation with him about my feelings and then I promised that I would shut up about it and not be a nag. I feel bad for him , in a way, even though I think he's making a terrible mistake. Of all the responses he's going to get from family members, mine was probably going to be the most charitable. His ex has burned alot of bridges with his family... going to be very hard for everyone.

Jana, when I get back from Condon, I'm getting WW at home. It just sounds like the boost I need and the structure I can't seem to get from my current plan. Thank you for you great plug for the program, and of course, your great example of its success.

I wish I had more time to post to individuals, maybe I'll be able to get on the web at Mom's. but if not, I'll check back in a few days when I return. Susan - Arrgh! So sorry about Les is no More.... I thought for a moment, "hey I live in Portland...I could toilet paper his house... or send him ten pizzas to arrive at the same time..." but that wouldn't set a very good example for his children I thnk he'll have his hands full trying to explain a new sibling You are handling the whole thing in a very classy way, IMO you hang in there.

Marti - fingers crossed on the job--

Hi to everyone else... and catch you later!
RosieKate
Old 07-02-2004, 11:02 AM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

TGIF!

Geez, what a storm! I don't think I will have to water the grass for at least a week. It seems like such a chore, I am really regretting not getting a sprinkler system, at least for the front. Oh well, maybe later on.

Shanna~good to see ya posting. I have some friends who also went to Hawaii for cheap, they did the tour thing and got a great deal. Hopefully, you get to go to Cabo sometime soon-it is beautiful there. My friend has family there and we drove down there before I moved away from CA.

Jana~we have been having so much rain lately, and some bad storms along with tornado's. Of course the weather overall has been weird, as it is usually hotter than 85 in July. Of course I shouldn't complain-I rather like it, except the humidity. About the goals, just a wl goal-certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time, and basically getting my act together. As far as finishing things I start-like the scrapbooks for the kids, my schooling, and some exercise goals. Two more tips about Mexico: DON'T drink the water and DON'T eat the chicken! I am doing a weight loss scrapbook, sort of. It is a photo album with the sticky pages that I have kind of made into a kind of scrapbook if that makes since. I haven't taken a recent picture to add to it. The last one was in March. Oh, about the Stepford Wives-at first I thought it wasn't going to worth seeing but DD wanted to see it and I am glad I went ahead. It was good, to me anyway. I did like it. I would give it 4 stars out of 5. There's not a whole lot of movies I give a 5 to. It has to be really good to get a 5.

Susan~if it were me I would just hang up on the guy. I think after what he told you he really does have nerve to call again, and tell he would still like to see you! Ummm, okay...I also agree with the others in that someday when you least expect it, your prince will come along. Just concentrate on you, and making you happy and being content with your life, and not trying to find a guy and when you least expect it it will happen. Hugs to you.

Angie~Cuba???!!! I, like the others would have never thought of Cuba as a place to vacation. But then I have never been there so don't know what there is to do. But there are a lot of beautiful beaches elsewhere. Love peppermint patties! Just don't eat them very often. I like putting them in the refrigerator-so good! Also, the girl scout cookies-has everyone tried those? Oh yummy-the peppermint/chocolate.

Sue~the cleaning can wait! That's what I have been telling myself all week. Unfortunately for me that is what I am doing today since it is so ugly outside. I think depression is normal after the surgery. My mil was very depressed after she had heart surgery, but she didn't want to live because she had lost he dh a few months before. I am going to have to check out the book at the bookstore-thanks for suggesting it.

Marti~I just journal in a notebook-for the food. I do have other journals that I keep that I have either found at the bookstore (they always have some cool ones), or Wal-Mart. Doing pretty good so far this week. Hope you hear soon about whether you get an interview or not.

Hi to everyone else!

We went to see The Terminal last night and I must say, I was a little disappointed. I thought it was going to be really good. I don't think this was one of Tom Hanks better movies. I mean he played the part good but overall I didn't care much for the movie. I was actually dozing-it was too long. I didn't think it was ever going to end. I give it a 2.5. I think it was along the lines of The Castaway, and I didn't like that either. I waited till it came out on cable to watch it. There is what looks like a good movie with John Travolta coming out-about a Fire Dept. can't remember the name-but I definitely want to see that when it comes out. Anyway...went to dinner after-Mexican. Of course I always do good at this place. I got a shredded beef chimichanga which comes with rice and beans and me being the weird person I am I eat the cheese off the beans, don't eat the rice. I immediately cut it in half and gave it to V. I get full on the chips and salsa and diet coke before the food comes.

Don't have anything planned for the fourth. We don't really celebrate it. I am not into fireworks-doing them. I love watching them, but the dog goes crazy. Wow, I sound like a fuddy duddy, and I am not. Just not into the whole firework thing. And anytime I can get out of cooking I am going to and since 4th of July is on a Sunday I am not cooking-I don't cook on Sunday's unless it is a special occasion. That is my day of rest, my lazy day even though it seems like I have a lot of lazy days! Well, I am starting to babble and my house is not going to clean it self. That is what is on my agenda for the day-cleaning house and mayb starting a new John Saul book. I checked out two the other day and have yet to start them. I did finally finish Bleachers. The footbal part was boring but towards the end it wasn't so bad-definitely not one of John Grisham's better books. Okay, gotta get goin'

Have a good day ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:26 AM   #40  

GOOD MORNING! I am sooooo glad it's Friday, and that I decided to take the day off! I don't think I'll accomplish anything worthwhile today. I feel like watching TV all day. Guess I'll just piddle around. I did get the yard mowed today. Well, the top anyway. I live on a huge hill, and have to put my mower on a rope, lower it down, pull it up. That only gets done every other time. Also, I am meeting a gal from work around 5pm for a Margarita at TGIFridays. YUM. I'm thinking about bringing one of the salads home for dinner, maybe the Strawberry Fields. Oh, I do have to dye my hair today, and I should go to walgreens and get some Pamprin! I can feel it starting! And I thought I wasn't going to do anything today! Sheesh.

Cristi - I love a good storm, even with tornado warnings, although I don't want to be in one. Your weather pattern sounds exactly like mine. It finally (?) feels like summer and July outside. Boy is it humid. I wasn't too gungho on Terminal just from the previews. I'm sure with Tom Hanks, I'll see it on video. He is one of my favs.

Rosiekate - Sounds like you'll have a fun 4th. If it isn't raining, I'm going to go to the park that is a hill higher than me and sit on a bench and watch the fireworks. Every city is having them along the river. I should have a great view.

Jana - The program sounds cute. Did you get alot of pumpkins from what you planted last year? Man, now I just got an itch for the fall. October. Getting a pumpkin, indian corn, gourds, crunching leaves, crisp air....Ok, settle down, it's just July.

Susan - I think I would be more than annoyed at less. He is certainly trying to ease his guilt. Good for you for seeing right through him. Glad you treated yourself to Brownie ice cream. I don't think I would have been as polite with him as you have been. I'm sure I would have sounded like a filthy trucker!

Marti - I would love to go grocery shopping for you! I'm such a dork sometimes! Now I'm thinking of getting a journal for myself. What better way to be accountable, and to work out the kinks!

Well, I should go, Bob Barker on TPIR is calling my name. I must go sit on the couch!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #41  
One day at a time

Hi Jen~sorry I kind of giggled when I read how you have to mow your yard, I got a visual. That must be really hard, you must have muscles pulling the mower up. I could go for a margarita myself-sounds so good even though I am not much of a drinker. I have to say though maragaritas are my fav! Should have had one last night, darn. I like a good storm to, but the lightening scares the heck outta me, and the thunder sometimes. It is so loud sometimes it shakes everything. I would love to see a tornado though, just once, and as long as it goes in the other direction-away from our house.

Hi RosieKate~you probably won't see this, but I hope you and yours have a spectacular 4th! Sounds like you are. About your dad, there's only so much one can say because I think once they have their mind made up there's nothing anyone can say or do, they have to learn on their own. There must be something good about her for him to want to remarry her right? Maybe this time it will be better, especially since you had a talk with him.

Okay, this time I really am outta here. I was still online when I saw that Jen and RK had posted. TTFN
Old 07-02-2004, 12:37 PM   #42  
One day at a time

Okay, so I am back AGAIN!!!

Just received this in an email and wanted to share, enjoy.

http:www.njagyouth.org/Liberty_.htm
Old 07-02-2004, 12:44 PM   #43  
GmaTo8

Cristi - I'm in a big, big hurry and will be back later, but wanted to say Thank You so much for the card! It is really cute, and even the envelope was patriotic! You're a sweetie....
Old 07-02-2004, 01:48 PM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Must post quickly....need to take Jhanai to walmart...her grandparents got her a $50 dollar certificate for her birthday to buy clothes....she needs more summer outfits.

Must take a shower and SHAVE MY HAIRY LEGS!! I swear I could put corn rows on them!!! Wouldn't that be something??

I will post more later tonight....

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya Ladies,

Shanna - you're too social to stay away for long! Come on in and tell us what you've been doing this summer.

RosieKate - sorry about your dad's brain fart. Maybe it will be better this time around. I am so excited that you are thinking about doing WW with me! I'm pretty sure you'd like it... Have fun this weekend!

Cristi - loved the NYC fireworks! Have you ever made your own Thin Mints? Use you mint chocolate chips, and dip Ritz crackers in it. They taste almost exactly like the real thing....

Jen - holy cow, girl, your mowing technique is innovative, but sounds highly dangerous! Could you fill in the area with rocks? Regarding the pumpkins, yes, we have plenty every year. We paint them and set others out for decorations with corn stalks and a scarecrow. I used to make pumpkin pies with them, but it really doesn't taste much different than when I use the canned stuff.

Marti - hope you're having fun with Jhanai. And that you got your legs shaved, which reminds me....

If you guys haven't tried Bic Soleil triple head disposable shavers, ya gotta. They shave close but don't irritate.

Well, the program was so cute! (see a photo at the photo thread) Mackenzie had a special speaking part, and all the kids had a good time. So did the parents and grandparents. The teachers served punch and cookies afterward, but we got the heck out of there, lol. I am looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow so I wasn't really tempted by boxed cookies, lol.

Have a good evening, ladies!