Old 06-14-2004, 09:59 PM   #1  
2BoysMom

Default Stay at Home Moms #194

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:01 PM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Default Repost

Okay - I'm reposting mine in case you missed it.
Good evening! We're taking MIL and FIL out for Italian to thank them for all their help with Liam and fixing stuff around the condo. I'm already planning Spaghetti with either pomadoro (fresh tomato) type sauce or plain marinara.

Michelle- as you can see, we also took advantage of MIL and FIL's home improvement skills

Spryng - I'm glad you had such a nice time with your bf and the new baby. Hmm . . . what, exactly, could DH have been saying to you to get you all distracted??? I haven't watched Deadwood, but do love six feet under. I bet either Brenda or Billy did something to Lisa - don't you think? Sorry DS was acting up. But hey. at least you stood your ground, right? Glad you got crochet books to spark your creativity.

Geri - Good for you on the 3 miles. I would have used feeling sick as an excuse, but I really wanted a couple extra points

Cindi - congrats on the hot water.

Crystal - oh no I was hoping your nausea was passing. Well, then, more positive thoughts your way!

Jessica - you sound quite positive about the liquid diet, which is good. How close are you to getting your doctorate? I have a PhD in communication (not mass - more like sociology).

Di - I bet the Father's Day you have planned will be so much fun I can't wait for Father's Day, either.

I tried the new C-2 Coke today. It's okay, but not great. It's 1/2 sugar and 1/2 artifical sweetner, which I try to avoid. Well, I guess I shall check in later
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:03 PM   #3  
2BoysMom

Hi All,

Jess & Leigh...PhD's huh? Hmmm, better check our spelling more often...JK of course. I always loved school, but after 4 years of college.....I had had it! Congrats to you both .

Well, just popped on to post my WI. Down 2 lbs Wooo hoooo...I broke the 30 mark and am getting closer to one-der land!

OK, now I have to go sort through some rummage sale stuff . Yuk! I hate rummage sales but I have way to much baby stuff to just give to Goodwill and don't know any new babies so I may as well make some money. Sorry I didn't get personal with everyone...but no time.

Spryng, enjoy all that crocheting! I prefer to do that stuff in the winter myself.

See you guys later!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Repost of mine from the other thread... I have pics on the other one though if you wanna check them out

Hi Ladies!!!

I am finally getting things back situated again..... after the party... but now my mom & dad is finally finished building their house (they have been living in their 5wheel next to our house) and they are moving in this week. Anyhow the house is right behind us so I have been helping her now.

ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER! LOL!

Ok Who's first???

Spryng,
I am soooo happy that you got to get out for a while w/out the kids! I know we all love being SAHM's but we also need a break every once in a while! Esp you! Hope you had a wonderful time! Is your bf on mat. leave or is she a Sahm? When does dh come back in? Does he come in for Father's Day?

Geri,
How are the TOPS meetings going? My group was never every supportive. I hope you get alot out of yours!

Leigh,
I just wanted to congratulate you on how well you are doing on program. Awesome And I was gonna tell you I looked at your pic. I would have pictured you as a dark blonde... but I was wrong..... LOL I have never heard of the new coke yet. Have fun at the resturant!

Michelle,
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! You are doing so great! I am so jealous now! You know I wanted to be moderator and now look at you! I am gonna check out the thread! I need to get my butt back in motion starting tonight! Congrats on the 2 pound loss!

Crystal,
Did you get morning sickness this early on with all of the kids? I never had too much of it but always had other major preggo problems. Hope it passes soon!

Ricci,
I am so sorry you lost your post! HUGS to you!

Di,
I had a hard time too switching to phase II. I did like a phase 1.5 for a long time and things started to look up for me. I think Michelle did the same thing too but I can't remember. Hope your new system works for you! Do what you know you can stick with!

Cindi,
How are the kids doing? That is great that you are babystepping your eating. Take it one day at a time! You are doing great!

Melinda,
Not to get to personal but is your milk supply gone? Did you completely wean JW? And have you started your tom yet? I know the first couple weeks after I weaned Andrew my weight tried to hold on but I just kept flushing it out w/ water and it had no choice but to leave.... Congrats on the loss! You are doing great!

Nags,
I know how you feel about being on here all the time. I am too!~ And yes these ladies are addicting!

Welcome Jessica,
I'm Penny, 23, Married w/ Three boys, Hunter 4 1/2, Nicholas 3 1/2 and Andrew my baby is 1....... Sob Sob I hope you find a great home here! How often do you go to the kidney dr. for your condition? My little one has kidney trouble too.

Ok ladies,
this was my first gain since Feb. I am up 3 pounds. But I am not sweating it! See what happens when I am not around! I start slipping! But I will start working on gettting it back off!

Ok as far as the party went! I was wonderful! Everyone had a wonderful time! We ended up with 56 people which wasn't too bad.... Andrew got lots of toys and clothes, but he did end up with $66.00 cash, $20.00 in Walmart gift cards, and two $50.00 savings bonds. I already have him a savings account opened up so I am gonna put his money in his account.

Here is a couple pics from the party! Hunter was mad b/c he wanted to open up Andrew's presents......lol Which he eventually did.....

Have a great night~ I will "talk" to you all in the morning!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #5  

Geri - Thanks for starting the new thread.

I am working on being able to do my job from home. I am missing JW so much, it is hard for me to leave him even though it is only my moms. I had wanted initially to work for the interaction, but I am so busy when I am at the office. I really don't have time for socializing, but seem to have time to miss John Wesley. Anyway, a lot of changes in the office, so I think I will organize a business plan.

Did any of you hear the news about the honeymooners in Greece? Anway it was the girl that used to have my job. They were on there honeymoon and someone broke in their hotel while they were sleeping. The husband got up to defend himself and fell off the balcony. The guy got away and now she is dealing with the embassy and all. I think it made the international news. Anyway, I saw this girl two weeks ago shopping, it is so awful.

No workout today. We are going to the park tomorrow with MOMS club, so I will check in the afternoon.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:08 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Geri,
Hope you sell alot this weekend!!! Watcha gonna do with the mooola???
Old 06-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Melinda,
You snuck in on me! LOL I am glad you are able to do your work at home! That is wonderful!

That is so sad about the girl. You never know! I will keep their family in my prayers!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Penny, adorable pics!! You looked so happy and your waist looked so small! That 3# gain will be off in no time. I think you look great, very pretty. And your ds looked like he had a blast!

I wish I could get more personal tonight but I'm frazzled. I had dhs cousin's daughter the past two nights and then tonight my SIL's daughter wanted to stay (got rid of one for another) and come 9:30 pm she decided she wanted to go home but Tanner was already in bed and it irritated me to no end. She is 7 years old and can be very conniving. (sp?) My SIL is on some pain meds for a tooth ache and wasn't suppose to drive, she had to pull over on the way here to throw up several times and I just felt so bad that she had to come get her dd but the dd refused to stay. Needless to say that will be the last stay over for a while. I need my space back. I like my routines. But anyway, they just left and I'm bushed. I promise I'll be more cheery tomorrow! G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls quick post before I run off to bed Again lol.

Anyway, I got to go to the library today and I checked out a few books and a video. I got the body for life book and I'm going to start the body for life 12 week challenge, and stay eating sbd foods since his plan is a little more liberal with the "bad" carbs than I'm comfortable with. He allows potatoes and corn lol so I'll just stick to the SBD way of eating I'm used to it already anyway! But we'll see what kind of results the training for life bring. I'm excited to start! I also checked out Dr. Phils Relationship rescue, not because I'm having any problems in my marriage but because I want to know how to handle the "bad" situations better! That should have some interesting techniques. Then the other book I got is called "Staying Home: From full-time professional to full-time parent" I thought it looked interesting we'll see. The video I got was fat burn for dummies, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow

Spryng - Sorry you have had a rough couple of nights. My niece stayed over last night and man this morning her and taylor were fighting like crazy! Ughhh!! I was sooo frustrated!

Geri - WTG!!!! 2lbs is WONDERFUL!!!!! Keep up that good work girl!!

Penny - Those pictures were soo adorable, and I agree with spryng, you looked mah-velous!! Don't worry about that gain, it'll be gone next week Keep up the motivation girly you are doing wonderful!!

Melinda - Thats horrible about your friend I looked for the story but I couldnt find it anywhere, I just wanted to read about how she had to deal with the embassy, man red tape stinks! How are you doing? How bout JW?

Well I need to get my hiney in bed!! I need a much better start tomorrow than I got today lol. Well sweet dreams to you all!! I will TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:48 AM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Default I Did it!!!

Okay, I know my official WI day is not until Friday, but this news is just too exciting not to share! I peeked at the scale today and I'm at 162 That's my first 10 pound loss Later today I'll take a picture in my "before" outfit, as I promised I'd do for every 10 or 15 lbs. Thank you gals for all your support - you truly help me stay on track

Geri - Congrats on breaking the 3 lb mark!!! Hip, hip, hooray. Hope you do well at your rummage sale.

Penny - will your parents moving in behind you be helpful? Hope so. My mother is kind of trying to move to the Atlanta-area, but she hasn't been too successful in finding a job here yet. We have almost the same amount of weight to lose. I'll go look at your pics once I post this message

Melinda - that's an awful story! I'm so sorry about the girl and her husband. I had not heard it on the news.

Spryng - That little girl sounds quite difficult to deal with. That would have driven me crazy too. Hope you get your energy back today.

Michelle- I'm glad you're excited about Body for Life. I'm curious to see how you like it. Sounds like fun.

Well, my walking partner cannot walk today - also the weather looks bad - so, I'll just do a couple of my videos today. Look for my picture later today - I'm off to look at Penny's pictures.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:43 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Morning All.
Sorry I didn't post last night. As I cooked dinner, I felt so sick. Just the smell of it was horrible, but then I ate some and it tasted so good. Then I worked in the garden just a little and I went for a walk. Nothing too intense but about 20 minutes or so. I felt better yesterday than I had. Today I'm feeling okay too. I might even mow the yard.
Penny, that story is terrible. I am so sorry to hear that.
Spryng, sorry about your evening. I'm not good around kids that are like that. They think they are grown and know everything and that the world actually revolves around them.
Melinda, glad to see you're around. Sorry about you missing JW. I understand, that's why I could never ever ever leave my kids to go to work. I have trouble leaving them in the nursery at churches, that's one reason we don't go right now.
Leigh, WTG!!! 10 lbs. is great.
Well, I did not sleep real well last night, so I hopefully will get a good nap in. It's suppose to be cloudy and rainy today so I may not get to mow, but I sure love sleeping in that kind of weather. And dinner is leftovers so I don't have to cook, YEAH!!!
I'll try to check in later.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Argh! I've been mia again! Sorry gals. One dramatic thing after another. And my computer died again. But we are up and running again with hopes that this will be the last problem.
In short, I'm doing great and so is my family. We are in peak planting season (tobacco farmers here) and it's alittle hectic here right now.
I did meet my may goal but then did alot of stress eating and gained 5 of it back leaving me at 135#. I'm pretty bummed out but its ok I'll move forth. I didn't get on the WW plan. I'm still considering it tho. But lastnight I found a great diet its something crazy like lose 5# in a month. I read the book and looked deeper into the information and learned alot. I'll give this plan a shot. You count starchs, proteins, fruit vegi...etc you get the idea. The diet allows so many a day and one fun point each day. So I've started it today and it looks like it might be the answer I was looking for. I'm really just tickled that maybe it will help me eat 3 square meals a day.
Ok so its great to be back! I missed you all tremendously. I need to get out in the field so I'll be back this evening and get more personal.

Last edited by K2BMe; 06-15-2004 at 10:21 AM.
K2BMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

hi
K2BMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I do feel much better today. I guess having kids over 3 nights in a row did my under. My 3 kids is quite enough, lol. So no more sleepovers for awhile. My SIL wants Ava to stay over their house tonight but I'm not sure. I've never let her stay at my mil's house yet over night (my SIL still lives at home with her two kids) Dh didn't seem to have a problem with it when I ran it by him... but I'm not so comfortable with it. And it makes me feel bad for my ds, he has no one to come stay with him or to stay at their house. So he gets left out. So maybe I'll get brave and let my dd go over their tonight and spend some special quality time with my two boys this evening, lol. Still debating it.
But anyway, my SIL is coming over to visit today so I need to get my house picked up before she gets here. I was so tired and frazzled last night I didn't get my dishes and stuff done before bed so I need to go do that this morning along with my shower and such. What is everyone having for dinner?? I'm making that recipe Leigh emailed me a few weeks ago. Honey Pecan Pork Cutlets. They sounds soooo good right now. I love anything with pecans.

Misty!!! Don't just say HI!! How are you doing?? I've missed you! How are your kids? Hope to see another post from you soon!

Crystal, what did you have for dinner last night? I'm glad your day is starting off good today.

Leigh, congrats on that first 10 lbs gone!! That is fantastic and I'll be looking forward to your new pics!!

Michelle, you'll have to tell us all about that body for life program. Sounds interesting. I don't think my library has videos, but our movie rental place has workout videos, that is good idea to rent a few so you can try new workouts. I may do that soon!

Ok, gonna get off here and in the shower then off to clean my house. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, I know how you feel, I don't like just Alisa to spend the night out with out Ally, but she does sometimes and you know it's actually good for them to be apart sometimes. Once in a while, Ally spends the night out at my mom's by herself and I make Alisa stay here, that way they understand that it's fair. But anyways, you do what you feel like is best.
Well, I'm gonna get off and get some things done while I feel like it.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote