Old 06-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #188 :)

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:21 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok Ladies
I know this is silly but I was wondering who started the SAHM's thread.

I am gonna check it out and let you know.... If I can look that far back... LOL
Old 06-06-2004, 10:32 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok The farthest I could go back to was SAHM's #18....

Ginny,
I see you and Jackie were the only two on their that are still around.

Do You have any Idea who started sahm's? I was just curious!

Last edited by mompen; 06-06-2004 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Well hubby and I had a great night out at the movies and let me tell you I'm sick to my stomach lol well not really but I feel like I'm gonna be lol. Too much popcorn and sweets!! But hey we don't get to do something like that very often so we totally endulged and the rest of the month is totally on plan and hard hard working. I'm planning 1.5 hours a day of exercise, maybe not all at once but it should add up to that. I'm bumping up my exercise trying to jumpstart my metabolism even more, since it is extremely sluggish to begin with. I think if I start working out more then I will start seeing some really excellent toning results if not weight loss Both my sisters commented on how much weight they can tell I've lost tonight, and it made me feel really good! Well guys I'm sorry not to address everyone but I told taylor I would read her Theres a wocket in my pocket!

Love to you all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:26 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a good night. 2nd night in a row Andrew ended up in bed with me. I am not going to let this happen. Dh had an upset tummy all night and slept on the couch. But since Andrew was with me, I slept really well. But this pregnancy is already getting to me or it's in my head. I usually don't find out I'm pregnant until I'm like 6-8 weeks which is when some of the early symptons hit me, but goodness I almost didn't get up this morning, that's not good. I just wanted to stay in the bed, but thankfully this is summer and we're not schooling so if I did that wouldn't have been the end of the world. But I needed to make dh's lunch. And I'm starving but don't want to eat anything. Nothing sounds good really.
Well lets see I read all the posts but didn't take notes, I'll see if I remember.

Penny, so glad that ds is feeling better. You are gonna be busy this week. Yeah, I can't imagine going all out like that for the 1st b-day, but if it's your tradition then there is nothing wrong with that. My dh can't stand to celebrate b-days so he gets upset if I've invited more than 20 or so. He just thinks it's silly. He's a scrooge anyways.

Michelle, so glad you and dh got out. What did y'all see? That's really good for you sometimes and I wouldn't care if you went off plan for a bit, like you said how often do you get to do that, right?

Di, glad your back from the busy weekend. Hope you enjoyed it.

Well girls is there anything you all can tell me or do to make me get back motivated for life. I haven't even done bills because I don't want to, sad isn't it? I don't want to do anything. I've got to buy groceries today and I'll have all 3 kids, but I have to carefully plan the time so I can also get a nap in. See I have enough stuff for lunch and one dinner. Breakfast is just gonna be a fly by, so maybe I can go this evening after dinner and if dh feels better I can take one kid or so. It's funny how much planning you have to put into something like this. It's a careful strategy.
Well, I've got to eat something before I get sick.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:20 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Default Hola

Good morning to each of you. Mornings around here are like a marathon
I woke at 6, did 30 minutes of toning (15 of abs, 15 of buns). Then I got 1/2 way through straightening up before Liam woke up and I had to focus on getting his day started. I peeked at the scale this morning and things are still moving in the right direction

Crystal - sorry things were a little "off" with the party guests. At least the kids enjoyed it and the cake was a hit! Ally's gifts sound great - I know Dora the Explorer is a big deal these days. And I didn't realize they still had My Little Pony - I remember that from childhood I totally know what you mean about planning for the grocery store and I only have one!!

Ricci - hope you had a great evening.

Penny - Glad Nicholas is doing better And a tent in the living room sounds like my kind of camping The first year party sounds like soooo much fun! I was also wondering how long the SAHM thread's been around. I was wondering if the thread number continually goes up, or if it starts over again with 1 at some point.

Di - glad the sale went so well - that's awesome! And good for you staying OP. you're doing a great job.

Michelle - I'm so glad your sisters mentioned your loss - bet you felt great! I keep wondering at what point others will notice that I've lost.

Okay gals, I'm off to do some more online stuff then go on our 2 mile walk. I'm entering a big scrapbooking contest, so I've been trying to think a lot about the album I'll be creating. I'll fill you guys in when I know more.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning Ladies,

Michelle,
I am gonna try to match your exercise today. 1.5 hours ehhh??? Well, if you can I can! You are doing awesome! I know you will have a great loss this week! And I know you will too! Congrats on your sisters noticing your weight loss! 25 lbs is a good bit! And I told you about being sick after that popcorn! LOL It is funny how our body works. When we eat the right things we feel great.

Leigh,
Oh a scrapbooking contest sounds great Have you taken in classes? I saw that Hobby Lobby has them. I might check into one. Let me know if you have any input on it. Have a good walk!

Crystal,
Hope grocery shopping doesn't go too badly for you. I know how hard it is to take all the kids. Hope things get better for you

Di,
Congrats on the yard sale! Sounds like you had good success.

Well I gotta get my day off and running! I will check back in later
Old 06-07-2004, 10:18 AM   #8  

Good Morning girls!!

Well I peeked at the scale this morning and I didn't do too much damage on my Off Plan trip to the movies But I am going to work my butt off this week!! I'm working on a couple of workout routines right now! Just putting them together! Nothing too big planned for today, I have some laundry to fold and put away and dishes to put away and for some reason my dining room table is a mega magnet for trash lol.

Leigh - Glad you got some toning in today! Sounds like Liam is starting to wake up earlier cuz you are lol. I remember the other day you felt bad about yelling at him, well, I yelled at both my kids when they were babies not purposely it just happened and I was just strung out, with Taylor I was working graveyards auditing hotels, and I just wasn't getting enough sleep, and short temper got to me, I always cried afterwards and told her how sorry I was and that I didn't mean to. Teagan was kinda the same thing except I wasn't working but I had had 3 surgeries by the time she was 1 month old and I couldnt heal well because I was up and about when I was supposed to be in bed, and I was in pain cuz I wouldn't take my painkillers when I was home alone with the kids. So don't feel bad I think we all lose patience when we aren't getting enough sleep, time to ourselves, or even time to clean our damn houses lol. Just make sure you always apologize and tell them what you are feeling, even though you think they don't understand, I think they do!

As for my sisters noticing my loss I wish the inches would leave my tummy so I could get in my next size, that is the only thing holding me back. The legs and butt fit awesome on the pair of jeans which are a small 18. I have bigger 18's that just fall off me I can't keep them up! Hubby felt my arm last night and noticed my muscle, so the resistance training is working! I'm not doing any resistance training today because my arms are still sore from the earlier workouts this week lol.

Crystal - I absolutely hate when I felt soo hungry that nothing felt good. It always put me in a grumpy mood lol. Damn hormones. When I was pregnant and someone would mention hormones I would tell them that I had hormones falling out of my ears lol. As for getting motivated for life again, just think, what would a motivating factor for you? For me it was my girls! They were the ones who got me motivated to get my butt in gear and do something! I had to do it for them! So I did! Find something that is just so compelling it makes you want to move!! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Well I got a fussy baby this morning, shes just clingy for mommy since being at my sisters last night. She missed me I need to get off here, I think Teagan wants her morning cheerios lol. I'll talk to you girls later.
Michelle
Old 06-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #9  

Penny - You posted while I was writing mine! Lol I had a feeling I was going to get sick after eating the junk anyway because I always did before I would always have stomach problems lol. woohoo girl get that exercise in!! 6 miles!! Move dat butt (thats my gangsta talk )

Have a great day!
Michelle
Old 06-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #10  
2BoysMom

Just another flyby again!! Mom's upstairs with the boys and I have a bit of banking and other work to do.
Poor Will got attacked by misquitos yesterday...he was in the little plastic pool so the bug spray kept washing off...well a big herd (yes, I know mosquitos don't herd but it seemed like it ) came out of the grass...he looks like he has chicken pox!! Oh well, he enjoyed the pool.
OK, gotta run! I'll post a long one tonight after WI sometime before bed. See ya and have a great day.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I"M BACK!!! lol

Good morning all!

Sorry I was MIA. I really wanted to keep posting but this weekend wore me out. But it was alot of fun. Ok, I know alot of you are waiting for WI's, LOL. Ok, DH lost 6 lbs!!!! He's down to 286.5, his face is really slimming down first and his pants are about to fall off of him. He's lost almost 20 lbs now in a month. That is really good! And as for me, I'm still stuck. O-well. I am trying harder this week and trying something to shake up my metabolism, so I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

There were soooo many posts that I was only able to skim them all.
Penny welcome back! So glad you are back with us. You left so abruptly that I was worried about you. But glad things are getting under control there for you.

My weekend was great. Sat we met dh's parents for breakfast and it was nice. MIL offerend to take the kids for the day so dh and I could go watch a movie. Which was really really nice of her. So we took her up on it, but first we went to good ole days (our towns yearly celebration) and had alot of fun. Lots of neat crafts and such to see. Lots of walking. Live bands, pony rides, etc. The kids enjoyed it. Then we took the kids out to MIL house and went and saw The Day After Tomorrow. It was a pretty good movie. Had a very unique story line going. I enjoyed it. Then we spent the evening at MIL house. Sunday we went back for the day. Kids went swimming and all that with their daddy. I worked on my crochet. It was relaxing. So all in all it was a great weekend. Would have been even better if TOM wasn't crashing the party, LOL
But anyway, today I have to attack my house. It's always a pig sty after dh's been here all weekend. But he hasn't left yet. Waiting on his laundry to dry and then he's heading out. So anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hello! I'm so glad it's monday and I plan on a fantastic week being OP and getting in lots of exercise!!! I'll TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:29 AM   #12  

Hey everyone!

I totally didn't get up early this morning, and I feel horrible about it! I swear I woke up around 6:15am looked at the clock and said "hey I can rest for another 15 minutes, yeah!" Then I promptly fell back asleep till 7:45! Uhhg. I'll try again tomorrow and when I wake up too early, I'll just schlepp my big butt out of bed this time.

Today Logan and Ethan and I are going to go shopping for a new outdoor climber/slide or something with our new found money from the tag sale. I hope I can find something for them that will last a few years.

Crystal, I'm sorry you are feeling so down lately. It's sometimes really hard to motivate yourself, I'm sure your body is tired. I read that when you are pregnant, even if you are just laying down resting, your body is working like it's climbing a mountain! So keep that in mind and dont get upset with yourself. If anyone asks what you've been doing, just shout: "Gestating!" Try to focus on the things that must get done, and leave the rest alone for now. You'll get your second wind in a few more weeks, just try and hold out till then.

Spryng, sounds like you had a lovely weekend, I'm so glad. Hubby's weight loss is fantastic, you must be really happy for him. I don't think I'll be losing any weight this week. I totally peeked this morning and I haven't budged at all. My weigh in is Thursday so maybe I'll luck out, but it's doubtful.

Oh, crud, the boys need me downstairs... Sorry this is so short but "Hi" to everyone I didn't get to write to, I'll try and post at their nap time.

-Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 06-07-2004 at 11:34 AM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #13  
SAHM of 3

Hi gals.
Spryng, glad to see you back. Happy you had a nice relaxing weekend with dh. That's definitely needed sometimes.

Di, sorry you didn't get up early. I don't think it's a real big deal if you don't. But you will feel better if you do.

Geri, sorry about the mosquitos. Hope they heal okay.

Well, what have I done today? Other than breakfast and cleaning those dishes up, beds made and a load of laundry in the wash, NOTHING. After all that, I sat on my recliner and fell asleep, Andrew climbed up there and fell asleep. Then the girls woke me so I put Andrew in his bed and I climbed back into the recliner and slept off and on because the girls kept waking me up. But none the less, I slept off and on for almost 2 hours. I can't believe it. It was one of those sleeps that I could NOT awaken from. You know what I mean. Finally they said we're hungry and I heard Andrew so I decided to get up. I think after lunch we may go up town and get a shake or slush or something. I'm nauseus all day so don't anyone say anthing about that last statement, LOL!!! Well I hope you are all more productive today than I am. Can y'all believe that my romantic getaway is in 3 WEEKS!!! I can't wait.
Anyways, I'll get off for a bit, and eat lunch.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:39 PM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Default PM ponderings

Hi again. Having a very good day diet-wise. I earned 4 activity points, so I was able to have a small Coke at lunch (I love Coke!) - with my 5-point roast beef sub at Subway.

Penny - I took an intro scrapbooking class to get me started two years ago, and look how addicted I now am But, yes, usually an intro class is good because there are lots of things you'll need to know.

Michelle - you are like an exercise fanatic. I truly am amazed at your level opf motivation and commitment. My dining room table is a pile-up magnet as well. I can't really figure it out either! Thanks for the insight about patience with the babies - it is hard sometimes.

Geri - poor Will! I hate Mosquitos

Spryng - welcome back we missed you! 20 lbs in one month???? That's incredible! for DH. As for you - at least you're maintaining. What new things are you thinking of trying? I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend.

Di - hi! I know the scale not moving must be frustrating, so it's admirable that you remain OP and working hard

Crystal - I think the growing baby needs that rest, so it's a good thing! I bet by next trimester you'll find yourself with more energy. When I was pregnant, nothing tasted better than slushy drinks

Okay, I'll be back later.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:06 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

So quiet this afternoon/evening! I'm currently eating a WW dinner - enchelladas - I love Mexican! Will check in again later