Old 06-07-2004, 06:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all! or should I say early evening?

Leigh, is it that chicken enchilada with the white sauce? Mmmm.... I love mexican food too. I just finished a meal of asian burritos. They were so good the first time I made them, didn't plan to have them again because I bought all my groceries for this week, but I was going to make Low Country Beef and Rice tonight but realized I forgot one ingrediant! (and it was one I couldn't leave out) so I quickly went through my recipes and realized I still had all the ingrediants for Asian Burritos. So that is what I had for dinner. It really filled me up and hit the spot.
Crystal, hey, breakfast, dishes and laundry is doing "something!" lol. You could have let the dishes sit in the sink (or on the table) and not do any laundry, but you have done something today and be proud of that. And I've been like you today, soooo tired. I could barely keep my eyes open before nap time. Dh didn't leave until almost 1:30 pm and as soon as he left I grabbed up Tanner and rocked him out, put the other two down and crashed hard. I drag on the monday after dh leaves. But I did get my living room picked up today, that is all so far.
Di, did you find a slide or something today? Sounds like fun! You may still see a loss by thursday. Just keep plugging away and you'll get there! And yes I am very proud of how well my dh is doing with his weightloss. He is very dedicated to it.

Well, I did get a bunch of pics taken this weekend. Maybe I'll upload them tonight or tomorrow and post a couple for you all to see. Now that dinner is over I think I just want to relax so I'll get out my crochet stuff. My blanket is coming along well. For being a beginner at this I think it looks great. It's very relaxing anyway. I needed a hobby, lol.
OK, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #17  
SAHM of 3

Hi all. I'm checking in while dinner is cooking. The only dinner I had left since I haven't bought groceries. Old Fashioned Green Beans, Southern OVEN Fried Pork chops (didn't have chicken, hope the pork is good), and some seasoned rice. Maybe a salad. Salad doesn't sound totally great to me. Anyways, this afternoon we got out, went to the bank, Eckerds, get gas and Sonic. But I only got a Vanilla Diet Coke, don't be proud though, at Eckerds I got a Pecan Roll. Haven't had one in years and they are SOOO good. Lunch wasn't good either, a chicken sandwich, not grilled and french fries with ketchup. That sounded sooooo good. When you're in this situation, you have to eat whatever sounds good. So many things make me want to puke.
Not that y'all wanted to know that.
I'm hoping dh will let me go grocery shopping tonight. If not, that will be a tomorrow thing.
Well, I've got to check dinner and my stomach is growling. PS, my sister told me to take Barley Green with Kelp. The Kelp helps thyroid conditions, not that I have one, but the barley green gives you energy and she's pregnant and her midwife told her to take it so I know it's safe, but she and some other ladies said it works bigtime. Almost like a drug, though, you can feel it wearing off. I think I might have to get some though. Has anyone tried it or heard of doing this? I prefer herbs over medicines anyday so I'll give it a try when I can get to VitaminWorld and let y'all know how it works.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:04 PM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Spryng - yes, it's the one with the white sauce . . . spicy and delicious. Hey, crocheting is a good hobby! I mean, it's a craft - like scrapbooking All noble things to do! Oh, I can't wait to see your pictures - I love pictures.

Crystal _ no, I've never tried or heard of Barley Green with Kelp. Maybe, since you've had morning sickness, you should just do as best you can, but don't try to overdo the diet thing until the morning sickness passes.

I think I'm allergic to artificial sweetner! I very rarely had any of it until I began this diet, and I've been having it a lot more. Well, then I noticed I was having heart palpatations and was very congested - like during an allergic reaction. I looked up these symptoms online and onew of the possible causes is an allergy to aspartame. I'm going to cut out all artificial sweetner for several days and see what happens.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:00 PM   #19  

Hey Nags, nice to meet ya! So what's your real name??? LOL Where in Cali do you live? I live in a town called Tracy, about 60 miles east of San Francisco. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. For now, welcome to the group!!

I did in fact find my slide/climber thingy. I almost had a mental breakdown putting the d@mned thing together! It's supposed to snap together, which is fine in theory, but they need to make the parts fit together! I ended up having to file/saw parts of it down and lube up the rest with spray Pam to get it secured. Oh well, the boys seem to like it, but then again they like mud and sticks.

Ok, i'm being bad today, I don't know why but I'm going off program today. I'm not going to gett too worked up about it, let it go and start fresh tomorrow. don't be too mad at me ladies, ok?

Well off to play with the boys more, I'll check in soon,
-Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Nagsalot!! I'm Michelle sahm to 2 yo Taylor and 7 month old Teagan! I am on South Beach Diet, and exercise 6 days a week approximately. You sound as if you have your program pretty well outlined!! Way to go!! Hope to get to know you better!

Leigh - Wow I hope you are ok!! Palpatations aren't a good thing. I get ekg's every six months because I have them too. But I also have a pretty prominent heart murmur. I hope you had a good day!! Dinner sounded good. I had soft tacos and ate at about 3 pm.

Crystal - I never heard of that either, but as with anything, I always always check with my doctor before taking. Just my 2 cents. I think that it is especially important during pregnancy, and all people are different, whats good for one may not be good for the others. For nausea when I was pregnant, I had to be put on zofran, and phenergan and went in for phenergan injections because I lost 25lbs just from morning sickness. My doctor recommended to me to drink slimfast, it helped a little bit, and was easier for my stomach to absorb as well as getting some vitamins in. That pecan roll sounded good!!

Spryng - Glad you had a great relaxing weekend!! Hubby is doing awesome!!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Well I need to get motivated to get my workout in! I've been pretty tired today as well. Ok guys I'll TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:13 PM   #21  

Di - Hey girl we will never be mad at you for going off plan!! We all do it!! Just know we are here for you!! I'm glad the boys like their new playground toy!

Michelle
Old 06-07-2004, 09:49 PM   #22  
SAHM of 3

This is just a quick note; fixing to get the kids in the bed. I'll try to be back later.

Hi Nags... I'm Crystal, sahm of 3, expecting 4th. 5yo, 3yo, 18 months and expecting the 4th sometime in February. I just found out a couple of weeks ago. Anyways, I live in Texas and I homeschool. I joined here and was doing well then found out my news but I wanted to stay on board and make this the healthiest pregnancy possible. Plus, this is addictive and I couldn't imagine leaving.
Anyways, so glad you are here and I hope to learn more about you. I am so sorry to hear that you and dh are so far apart. Of course, that may make a marriage stronger in some cases. Your situation will be in my prayers so maybe that will help you in some way.
Well, my pregnancy has me really down right now. I'm nauseus all day, have no motivation and keep getting headaches. I'll try not to complain too much. But glad you're here.
Hope everyone else is doing well. I'll try to be back, if not, in the morning. Hey, I did get to buy groceries with NO kids at all. YEAH!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #23  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Hey girls!!

I don't even remember if I have posted today!! Seth got his cast on so I think I can relax a bit now. I have been running around town all day long, and I am ready for some peace.

Nagsalot...welcome!! I am Cindi, mom to 7, and you have found a great place to visit and get support. Post often, the rest of us do!! LOL!!

Di...I won't be mad at you if you won't be mad at me for yet another day without exercise. DEAL???? DEAL!!!!!

Leigh, I hope you are okay!

Spryng...Congrats to your dh, he is doing quite well!! I know you are hoping for a loss, but don't give up. It will happen, just be so proud of how far you have come!!

Crystal...It's hard dieting while PG. I had to diet due to gestational diabetes and add those hormones of motherhood and you have one obsessed crazy lady. I dreamed of food I couldn't have and all kinds of cray stuff. I even came out of the grocery store crying a few times because I couldn't have what I wanted and couldn't find a suitable substitute. But I just had to keep reminding myself that my baby was worth whatever I had to do to get him here healthy. Have what you want, in moderation. Just do what you can to take care of both of you.

I ate well, I seem to have that mostly under control. Of course there is always room for improvement, but my weak area is water. And that dreaded E word...I know I will feel so great when I get into it, it's just getting started with all the craziness in my life now.

To anyone I missed!! Have a great night and a greater tomorrow.

Love to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:37 PM   #24  
2BoysMom

Hi all!

Welcome Nags, I'm Geri, 40 yo Mom to 2 boys Will (3) and Tony (1). I've been married for 4 yrs to a great guy. Don't know how you do it separated like that! You'll love it here. If you ever have the opportunity, check out the Walk Away the Pounds videos. A few of us do them and they're great for beating the heat.

Spryng, so very glad to have you back....you know I was worried so I emailed you. Sounds like you had a great family weekend. Looking forward to pictures. Congrats to Dh. He's doing awsome! You shouldn't be too concerned about your "plateau". I've heard that most women just cannot get back to pre-pregnancy weight..and you've had 3. As long as you keep exercising and toning you'll be great. You know I already think you look gorgeous (for a girl, I mean).

Leigh...I LOVE WW CHICKEN ENCHILADAS SUIZA...it's my favorite and will clear you sinuses toot-sweet!! Hope all is well with you health! So, you're married to a celebrity huh? I catch Fox News Channel every once in a great while. Do you know in advance when his segments will air? I'd love to catch it!

Cindy, how do you expect to find time to exercise with all those kids ? Isn't chasing them around all day exercise enough??????? You're so Cool .

Di... your desription of putting the slide thingy together really cracked me up!! I can totally picture it. Of course I didn't see any mention of you throwing the damned thing across the yard 2 or 3 times like I would have (temper, temper Geri ) . Glad you got it done!

Crystal, never did the herbal thing. I just found that if I nibbled throughout the day I never felt sick. OK, maybe if I would have nibbled on a little more fruit and a little less ice cream I wouldn't have gained all this weight back . What's a hormonal woman to do??? Hugs to you!

Michelle, how're you feeling chickie? Still tired or did you get your walk in? I did 3 miles this morning then sweated like a piggy outside today. Last week I had the heat on to take the chill out of the air and today I had to turn the air on 'cause it's near freakin' 90 degrees and humid. Gotta love Wisconsin!! I'll be able to open the windows back up in a couple of days when it cools off. If Will would stop running all over the yard he wouldn't get so many mosquito bites...but try telling a 3 yo boy to stay put I'm cracking myself up here!

WI was good for me. We had 15 people WI tonight (I go to a TOPS meeting on Monday for WI)...losses were 4.5 lbs and gains were 25.5 lbs !! Those holiday's really screw some of these ladies up! I was thankfully one of the losers...I'm down a lb...great considering how I've been eating lately. I'm going to try to be better but at least I'll keep up the exercise to offset. I did get a 10 mile bike ride in yesterday...can't remember if I said that or not.

Ok, time to get off of here and get something done. I'll pop in again tomorrow. Have a great night and hello to all else out there.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Geri congrats on the lb down!!! That is great. How is the exercise going? Have you been able to enjoy your deck lately? And you are right about my plateau, I shouldn't worry about it. But you know, I AM 10 lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant with my 1st baby, so I should be happy!! And I am! My MIL complimented me this past weekend on how good I look. She never does that, and that was the same day she offered to watch the kids so DH and I could get some alone time. I think she and I are finally building something together. I don't want to call it a friendship yet, so I won't jinx it, lol. But I'm liking the progress she and I are making.
Cindi, my weak area is water and the "E" word too, lol. But I'm trying. I know if I want to keep this weight off I need to increase my exercise. I have to admit I'm ready to stop counting pts all together. I'm thinking when I hit my personal goal I may stop journalling and just try to do it on my own. It's scary thinking about it but I don't want to count pts the rest of my life, does that sound wrong? Maybe I have the wrong thinking about that. But I feel I can manage my weight without my pts slider or journal. I'm still thinking about it.
Crystal, so sorry you are feeling terrible today. As they say... This too shall pass. Hang in there. The great thing is there is a great reward at the end of this journey for you!
WELCOME NAGSALOT!! of course there is room here for you! I am Spryng (pronouced spring, like the season) mother of 3. (Ava 4, Bubba 3, and Tanner 11 1/2 months) I'm on weight watchers and hit my goal in april. Now I am working on my personal goal weight but I'm in a stall at the moment and have been for the past 7 weeks or so. Sounds like you have a great plan for yourself, I look forward to getting to know you better and please feel free to post often! oh and my DH is gone quite a bit too, not as much as yours though. He is a over the road truck driver and only comes home every two weeks for a weekend. So I can kinda relate to you raising your kids alone.
Di, tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it so you will be just fine! Don't feel bad about today. It happens. But it does sound like you got a workout putting that slide thingy together, lol.
Leigh, aspartame does that to alot of people. Splenda doesn't so you may try to find things with splenda in them.
Michelle, hope you got some rest in. Did you go watch harry potter? How was it?

Well, my day has been fine. I've got a little more energy tonight, I cleaned up the kitchen so the house is pretty much back in order. Well, guess I will get myself in bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:03 AM   #26  

Ok now where the heck do you get the ff promise I've looked all over the damn place and can't find it anywhere lol. I do have smart balance spread which is good but I don't like the fat content. Lisa maybe you can help me with this one

Well I got my 4 mile walk in and 15 minutes of floor toning exercises and 15 minutes of resistance training Woo hoo!! I really didn't feel like doing it but I made myself get up. Girls I really hate when I start feeling sluggish like that I wish that there was something they could do about it *sigh* But thats the life of a thyroid patient lol. I was also having a few chest pains today I didn't call my doc but they did go away, I'll just tell him next time I see him. I'm wicked nervous that he'll put me on steroids again ugghhhh. So anyway lol, I got 1.5 hours of exercise in today, I'm doing pretty good in that aspect yipee!!

Spryng - Yes we did go see Harry Potter and it was a great movie!! But I wouldnt take a child under 7 years old to it unless they are pretty mature, It had some freaky parts in it. But I loved it!! I can't wait for the next book or the next movie!

Geri - Yes I got my walk in FINALLY!! lol I was draggin butt today so I went for a nap and hubby decided he wanted some nookie and then I fell fast asleep for 2 hours!! I woke up at 6 lol then laid around a little more and then finally just had to get up and make myself do my workout. I feel better now though I should have just got it done earlier in the day! Way to go on the 1lb down!! Thank god we don't have misquitos too badly here. I have a question though, what about babies? can you put repellent on them? I'm afraid to put it on Teagan and then have her put her hand in her mouth or something.

Ricci - I hope everything is going good with you! I hope your monitor didn't die on you.

Well guys its kinda a late and I should get in bed, I will talk to you all tomorrow!!
Love to all
Michelle
Old 06-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #27  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good AM

Hi all. Sorry I didn't get back here last night. Just went to bed as soon as the possiblity came open. I slept all night in my bed with dh. Andrew didn't wake up all night. But because I slept in my bed all night and I'm not used to it, my back is killing me. So I slept light and I remember tossing and turning although there were some times that I stayed in the position I was from fear of making noise and waking Andrew up. But I popped right up this morning. Still have a weak stomach, but didn't mind getting up. I don't have much to do today besides laundry, so I will nap.

Lisa (Nags), we have another Lisa that comes around sometimes, don't think I've seen her around lately though. Anyways, the Kelloggs, it shows 14g of Carbs and 5g of Fiber, you deduct your fiber from the carbs and that gives you 9g. The other carbs at 7g, my guess, is the good carbs. You have good and bad carbs, you'll notice that everything says NET carbs, these are the ones that effect you. But you always deduct the fiber from it. If there is sugar alcohol, you deduct that too.
So, glad you're enjoying it here. Sounds like you've got everything planned out perfectly. You really have a plan we'll help you stick to it. Before I got preg. I was counting calories. I never did fat grams, but calories I liked to stay under 1500. So how much weight are you wanting to lose? You may have told us, but I don't remember.

Spryng, glad you got some energy back yesterday, pass some through the computer for me, please.

Michelle, you're doing good girl. Keep up the good work.

Hi Geri.

Cindi, the water thing was always hard for me. Let me tell you what I did to help. I would buy bottled water, like the separate bottles and refrigerate them, that way I ALWAYS had cold water on hand, if I was walking out the door I'd grab one. I'd refill the bottles instead of buying more. And one bottle is about 2 glasses, so there you are. And that helped my kids drink more water, they thought they were big with their very own bottle of water. It really did help me and them.

Well girls. I think I'm gonna try a banana. I'm starving. I'll catch ya later.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:34 AM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Default It's Morning

Gee, gals! Ya'll have sure been busy!

Hi Lisa! Nice to meet you. I am Leigh, SAHM to my six-month-old, Liam and married for 2 years to a wonderful DH. I think you'll find this group as supportive as they come - at least, I sure do Glad you've been OP - you created your diet and exercise plan yourself, right? Sounds great. I'm on Weight Watchers. I'm not sure about the cereal - did they advertise it as "net" carbs? I hear that a lot, but am not sure what it means n(oh, never mind - Crystal explained it!)

Di - having an off day now and then is par for the course. I sure have my fair share But it sounds like you have the right attitude about it.

Michelle - I had palpitations while pregnant and then for the first two months after Liam was born. I suspected they were linked to the preeclampsia, but doctors won't say that - I guess there's no real evidence for it, just my own hunch. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this time it's allergy related because I took Claratin and feel 99% better. You are still reigning queen of exercise -

Cindi - hi! Glad yoy can relax more with the cast. I think I'll be fine, but will, of course, call my doc if it continues. How did Seth react to the cast?

Crystal - hope you're somehow feeling less queasy today. I'm thinking of you!

Geri - haha! Yes, a true celebrity. This morning he'll be on at 9:23 am, then he will be on off and on all day today - Jonathan Serrie - covering protesters at the G8.

Spryng - what do you think has caused the change in your relationship with MIL? Whatever the cause, it's a good thing

Well, I got my 15 minute toning in and will be leaving for the morning walk soon. Have to go grocery shopping later this afternoon, after Liam's pm nap. See ya later
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #29  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies,

I gotta make this a fly by....

I ended up getting the stupid virus yesterday... grrrrr...
I was sick all day yesterday and last night
But I am already feeling a little better.

Andrew has his first hair cut at 10:00 so I gotta go shower and get ready.

I will be back later on today

Welcome LISA
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:33 AM   #30  
SAHM of 3

Penny, Penny, Penny I am so sorry that you got that stinking virus. Glad you're already feeling better, but you take care of yourself, if you don't slow down alittle, it may backfire.
Make it a good one.