Old 05-24-2004, 05:00 PM   #16  
SAHM of 3

Girls Y'all are awesome. Thank you all so much for your sincere support. Cindi, I've always counted about 1500 cals a day, I guess I'll up it to like 2000 or so and I'm gonna keep exercising.

Have fun on your haircut day. So sorry you're not feeling great. I guess everyone has those tough times and I hope you get over yours fast.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

lol TOM has got his ugly paws on me this week!! lol I'm guzzling water though so hopefully that will help with the bloat!! Also I stepped on the scale this morning and it didn't reflect that I had a visitor so hey maybe I'm in the clear!! Well I'm eating some boneless skinless chicken tenders with mustard not the best tasting but hey it works lol. I found some nice whole wheat rotini and maybe I'll have some for dinner I'm just not sure how big a mess I want to make in the kitchen yet lol.

Cindi - Have you had your thyroid levels checked lately? That could also be, maybe its time for a stronger dose. I'm gonna see if my doc will switch me to armour thyroid or Levoxyl (sp?) I go in tomorrow to have blood work done so we'll see if I need a new dose. Good luck with the haircut!! Are you gonna post pictures for us??!!??

Spryng - Hows the day going? Anything exciting? Me, not much just bummed around the house and got a lil bit of cleaning done, man I tell ya I can't be sick for 2 days and the house turns in to a tornado zone lol. Oh well I saved the dishes for hubby cuz he left the house such a mess and he did them without complaint only a snide remark or two

Geri - Did you get a walk in today? I'm planning one for tonight cuz it will be the only time that I can fit it in lol I think I'll do 3 miles after the girls head to bed!! How was the picture session?

Lisa - lol thats funny hubby hid the scale from you!! That just wouldnt work for me lol I would tear the house apart til I found the hiding spot lol. Keep up your good work!!

Ginny - I would just wipe your hard drive on your pc its pretty easy to do and hopefully you don't have anything too important on there! It should tell you how to do it in your owners manual! Technology be damned anyway Glad to see some posts from you!!

everyone else....I hope you are all doing well and can't wait to hear from you!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!!

Let me start off with a great BIG CONGRATS!!!! to Crystal!!! I am so happy for you!! But I would feel exactly like you do about being pregnant after feeling like your family was complete. If I discovered I was pregnant I would probably go into a little meltdown for a few days and then get used to the idea in my head and a new precious little one on the way. And I know you will too. Also if I found out I was pregnant I would stick with WW and just add a few extra pts during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. But I would not let myself get to 195 lbs again like I did with the other 3 pregnancies. But please do stay with us! I documented my entire pregnancy here with Tanner. Also Misty did with her last one and we had one poster named Andrea who did also, we love to follow along on your most important journey!!! And it's normal to not be estatic right now about it all but you are a great mother and person so I know you will do great. I personally love being pregnant (except for those few weeks of morning sickness) and I wish I could box up those feelings and send them that way! lol. (not the morning sickness, the good feelings, lol. Wasn't sure how that came accross. lol) Have you told your dh yet? What made you think you were pregnant and to test yourself? I'm so excited for you!
Michelle, TOM always affects my WI the week before he actualy arrives so maybe you are in the clear! And no, nothing exciting around here today. I'm a little tired still from the weekend, I did get an hour nap in so I feel a little better. I just now got my morning routine done, lol. So you see how lazy I've felt today. Are you gonna chat tonight at 10 pm?? I'll be there if you will!
Cindi, what is the name of your weight lifting video?? I ordered that crunch-boot camp workout and it STILL hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I hope you get your air fixed soon. I know you must be miserable. Take you nice cool bath tonight and relax and hopefully the repair man will get there asap.
Leigh, you'll have to let me know how the asian chicken with plum sauce comes out. I loved the asian burritos with ginger salsa, it also had plum sauce on it and it was to die for!!! I felt like I was at a restaurant but the best thing was, I made it! lol.
Lisa, how are you doing?

Well my dinner of chicken pasta with artichokes was good. The pasta was kinda sweet from the apple juice and the roasted red peppers but in a light good way. I gave it 3 stars because the kids didn't like it and wouldn't go past taking one bite. But there is plenty left over for another meal sometime this week.
Got my kitchen done and my turkey breast is roasting in the oven for tomorrow's dinner of soccotash soup and turkey wraps. I have to make a big meal tomorrow because I'll have 4 extra mouths here to feed. My dh's cousins kids are coming to mow my lawn and they will be here from 4-7 pm so I told their mom I would feed them dinner so she didn't have to worry about it. Which she was really grateful for.
OK, gonna get off here and see what is coming on tv tonight. The swan right?? Doesn't the pageant start tonight? OK, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:38 PM   #19  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Crystal, I have had to control my diabetes through diet while PG before and I was put on an 1800 calorie diet. So that gives you an idea of what is safe. Exercise will be good, but don't let your body temp get too high during the first trimester, it can cause birth defects. So no heavy duty aerobics or or a workout that has you red faced, sweaty and exhausted. But I exercised my last pregnancy and it was so much better than the others, it was SOO worth it. You can do this, and we will help you!!!

My thyroid should be fine, and my calories are good, too(but hopefully not too good). I just don't know what my problem is. If it's TOM, he is way early, but that is always possible. Last week I was kinda depressed, but I feel a bit better now. DH is behaving better, too. My pastor is having a meeting with him this week, so that should help even more.

Michelle, I have heard good things about the Armour thyroid replacement. Why do you think you need to change?

Lisa, I would have scale withdrawals that would ruin me if my scale was hidden. I'd just drive to the grocery store to weigh in everyday, and with today's gas prices...EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to go sit near the fan again, sweat is getting into my eyes...and the a/c is ON!!!!! Thought it would help...guess not!

Be back in a bit!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #20  
Ready for ACTION!!!

spryng, It is called Hit the Spot Totally Firm Workout with weights, by Denise Austin...I also wanted Lifting Weights to Lose Weight 1&2 by Kathy Smith...but decided to see if I like this one first. I am kinda like you right now and other than walking, don't care for aerobics. Maybe later when I am smaller. I got it at KMart for 6.99. I'll let you know what I think.

Dinner for me won't be much, I had a 600 calorie Pot Pie for lunch No wonder it tasted so darn good, but I couldn't even eat the whole thing! Thank God for small miracles!!

Back in a bit!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:53 PM   #21  

Spryng - I'd love to chat tonight!! I'll be there!! Of course I have to watch the swan, will you be watching tonight? Tomorrow is the AI finale too!! EEks I'm sooo excited lol.

Cindi - Well I think I need to change or up my dosage because I still don't feel 100% like its really really hard to get going in the morning and somedays I just feel so tired and withdrawn so I go get my levels done again tomorrow and we'll see what they say. I've also heard that armour thyroid is great thats why I'm tempted to ask my doc to write a rx for that one instead. We'll see though. I'll keep ya posted!

Well I really need to get dinner going so I'll get off here and I'll come post after supper.

Michelle
Old 05-24-2004, 07:03 PM   #22  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, thanks for the congrats. And I'm actually happy now. Yes I finally told dh and he was lacking excitement as well, but we both know we'll be happier as time goes by. I decided to test myself because of the last few weeks that I have been so emotional. That's how I got with Andrew. I was overly emotional, then this time, today out of the clear blue, I got really nauseaus (sp?). And of course TOM never came, which isn't odd for me, I'll skip months every once in a while, but that was another sign I guess. Anyway, I'm happy now, and of course I haven't been to a doc yet to know for sure, but those home tests are not wrong very often, along with my signs.

Thanks again for the support. I will stick around. This one will be a new one for me as well. I've always used a midwife at home, but she no longer practices and she was one of a kind. I have to find a doctor that qualifies my tests, LOL!!!
TTYL
Old 05-24-2004, 07:27 PM   #23  
Walking away the weight

Default Dinner

Hi again, ladies We had Asian Chicken with plum sauce tonight (a Saving Dinner recipe) - it was soooo good. And I made brown rice mixed with cooked carrots and seasonings for the side dish - kind of altering her side dish suggestion slightly. I absolutely love rice. DH is a pasta fanatic, but I could eat rice with every meal

Spryng - are you having bad weather yet? I see on the news there are tornado warnings for what looks like your area Yeah, that plum sauce is so yummy. Your dinner for tomorrow sounds good. Tomorrow we're having Salmon with cucumber dill sauce. Also, I've sworn to myself that if/when I'm pregnant again, I'll never gain the same fifty or more lbs I did with Liam

Michelle- What??? TOM arrived for me too . . . how strange.

Cindi- Glad DH is feeling a bit better and is at least going to talk with someone about it. I hope the pastor makes him feel better.

Crystal - glad you're feeling better aboout things. It will be exciting to hear you talk about your pregnancy progressing. I'm sorry your midwife is no longer practicing! Can she refer you to someone (even if it's a doctor, maybe it's one she knows well and likes, etc.)?
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:38 PM   #24  
Walking away the weight

Oops! I forgot to ask - would walking 3 20-minute-miles be "moderate" or "light" exercise?
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #25  

I saw that walking a 15 minute mile is light exercise but some would say moderate, I would say that it really depends on the person, say such as me a 3 mile 15 min/mile is not light exercise lol I would definately call it moderate. I think either one is safe
Michelle
Old 05-24-2004, 08:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!

Just a quick post from me while The Swan in on a commercial.
Leigh, the 20 min walking should be moderate I would think. Do you sweat while doing it? Does it get your heart rate up? Can you talk normally while doing it? Your dinner sounded fantastic! So glad it came out good for you. I think I am really going to love Saving Dinner. I love the fact that I no longer have to think about grocery lists or menu planning, it's all done for me. All I have to do is calculate the pts and I'm done, lol. And no, I'm not having bad weather right now. I think I'm suppose to get some rain after 9 pm tonight but all around me there are thunderstorms and tornado warnings. But so far so good, with me.
Crystal, when was the last time you had TOM? I'm just curious how far along you may be. I always thought it would be so great if I found out I was pregnant but was like 20 plus weeks along! lol. Would make it go by much faster, lol. But for me, by the time I hit 6-8 weeks my stomach pops out and I'm in maternity clothes, so I guess I would know much sooner. I can wish can't I? LOL. I hope you can find a doctor you love. I used an OBGYN for my first 2 pregnancies and then had a midwife with Tanner and I loved my midwife sooo much. I did give birth at the hospital though, I love hospitals. I feel much safer there even though I know I'd be fine at home. It's just a mental thing with me.
Michell, you have a chat date! LOL. And yes I'm watching the swan and will be catching AI tomorrow too. I'm routing for Diana!!
Cindi, I LOVE pot pie. But I can never find one that is low cal or fat. But I think that saving dinner has one in it somewhere so I will eat one again someday! lol. And yes, let me know how you like that workout tape.

OK, guess I better scoot. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:36 PM   #27  

Ladies, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I get ovarian cyst pretty often when I am not on the pill. I could feel this one coming. Took some pain killers and stayed in bed for two days. DH was great with JW. Good thing it was a weekend. I have mild cramps every once in awhile, but nothing like the initial pain. Spryng, I remember you having one a couple of weeks ago. I do not usually go to the doc. There is nothing they can do after it has ruptured.

Didn't make my weigh in this weekend, but I will go tomorrow. The problem with LA is that you have list of foods to eat and when I was not feeling good. I could not make myself eat them. Anyway, feeling much better. Needless to say, I have not gotten a workout in the last 3 days.

I will be home tomorrow to catch up on life. Happy Monday Evening! What time is the chat, eastern time.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:38 PM   #28  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, the computer estimated my due date at about January 18th. I never take notes of my TOM but I think I'm about accurate. I think it was April 8-13. I've got to find a doc and try to get in this week. I don't feel pregnant, but those tests aren't usually wrong. Besides with no TOM and the few little symptons, it's hard to think it's not accurate.
Thanks again for all of your support.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #29  
SAHM of 3

Melinda, glad you are feeling better. Hope to hear from you more later on.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #30  
2BoysMom

Here are the pictures...then I have to go back and read all the posts!! I'll be back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tony 1 yr.jpg (12.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Will 3 yr.jpg (10.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Will & Tony together.jpg (5.4 KB, 14 views)
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote