Old 05-16-2004, 01:34 AM   #91  

Happy Weekend Everyone,

Holly: I was reading your post about wanting to become a teacher. That is my career. I teach middle school. I notice you live in New York. Do New York universities offer a degree in education? I know some states do not offer education degrees, like California. The 3-4 year timeline is about right. Do check if they offer internships in place of student teaching. Interships allow you to do your student teaching while working as a regular, contracted teacher. It also depends on if you are able to go full-time or part-time. It can be quite challenging when you have kids. I did it with Ashley. I know you can do it. If I can do anything to help, just ask.

Angie: I'm glad it's warming up for you. It's almost too warm here. Only 4 more weeks of school. I can hardly wait.

Enjoy your weekend, girls.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #92  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy weekend everyone. It was so nice outside yesterday. Really muggy but nice still. We wanted to stain the deck today but it was raining when we woke up so hopefully tomorrow. I still have to have mulch delivered so I can do the flower boxes and make them look all fresh.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:29 PM   #93  

Talking Feeling Groovy!

Hi Everyone!

Just returned from my work trip on Thursday - which was great but had alot of catching up to do. So sorry I missed you guys this week!

I talked to a personal trainer on my trip who said if I am looking to lose weight (which I am...duh) he said 270 minutes of cardio a week plus a balanced diet. Sounds like alot but the bright side is that I was never given a target before for exercise I just knew I had to. So I made a chart so I can keep myself accountable. An exercise journal and I printed it out so it shows the 7 days of the week on top and boxes below to write in what I have done and I total at the end of the week. I may give myself a reward for every month I do this. If you all want me to e-mail you this let me know! kind of weird to be happy about it - I just have a target to reach for - I work better that way...

Holly I admire you for going after your dreams. The timeline can be disouraging but look at the end result - you'll be ateacher! If you are thinking High School - could you be a high school business teacher? That way some of your credits from your Associates can be used more... just a thought

Cal you are a strong woman! I hope your interview turns out the way you want!

Angie good luck with the staining and planting. I hope your weather gets better and better!

Julie please vent! better than keeping inside and causing added stress. How is that finger of yours?

Noelle I hope work is going well. My fridge is on its last legs so I am afraid that I will be in your position soon enough!

Hi to kempy and all others that I may have missed

Quote:
"And in the end, The Love you take is equal to the love you make" - THe Beatles

That includes yourself ladies!

be well.
GEM/Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:00 AM   #94  

Hi everyone! Ok, we're back to Monday again. I "sometimes" try to use Monday as the fresh start day. Anyone want to join me? I want to start over, again, for the 1 millionith time. I think I need to keep a food,water and exercise journal, that's the only way I can keep myself accountable.

Cal,

Hey! In New York State, you can begin teaching with a bachelor's, but, have to earn a master's within 3 years. SUNY Cortland, which is about 45 minutes from me, offers both bachelors and masters in education. I am thinking Childhood Education, grades 1-6. I know it will be alot of work, but, I restarted college after a semester off, at 20 when I was 6 months pregnant with my oldest. I took three classes that semester, had my son on spring break, came back the next week, took 2 classes in the summer, went full time the next fall, following spring, and earned my associates when he was 1. It is hard work, but, what I really want to do. Thank you for your support.

Summer,

Hi! I don't think I could handle 20-30 high school students, lol. I am thinking 2nd or 3rd grade is about right for me. They are still sweet at that age.

I have a hard time combining diet and exercise. I can stay on track pretty well with the exercise, but, dieting is sooooo hard for me!! I LOVE chocolate, peanutbutter, cheese, potatoes, all the bad stuff.

I hope the exercise charting works out well for you!

Hi to Angie, Kempy, Julie, Noelle, anyone else I missed!

Holly
chikitababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:06 AM   #95  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Mornin Girls!!! It is sunny and nice out today so that means we get to finish staining the deck.YEAH!!!

Yep,today is gonna be my start over day too. I figure one of these days it will stick so I might as well keep trying.

Well, here goes my rant for the day... My father in law wont help us get the house. The bank said the easiest way to do it would be to pay for it and then refinance it for it's value. So we wanted him to help us pay it off and then we would go directly to the bank and refinance it and pay him back plus $2000.00 for doing it. Guess what the a$$hole wont help us!!!! I hate that man!!! He gave the pothead brother $18,000(the money went towards not one but ****2**** auction houses and a Blazer!!!) so far that they will NEVER see but he wont help us out at all and we are the only ones who still live near them and they make money off us every week!!!!! They are paying for my pothead neice' college and her new car but you can bet your a$$ they wouldnt do any of that for my kids!! They have always treated Jay like **** and it just keeps coming. By the way they are loaded so it doesnt mean I would be breaking them buy using the money for a few weeks. That is the end of my rant for today.

How was everyones weekend?
Old 05-17-2004, 01:53 PM   #96  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

C'mon Girls It Is Monday!!!!! Where Is Everyone????????
Old 05-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #97  

Ok, I am here. I had to get mytself together from the weekend. I swear Joe and I are so busy now a days I don't know if we are coming or going. I think we may actually be slowing down a little now. I doubt it though. I am sure that something will come up and we will have to strat the caziness all over again.

Noelle I can't beleive that there are games on the site. I love the pinguin ones. Glad the see that your teeth are ok.

Angie what a turd! I ate when parents play favorites. We kind of get that sometimes from Joe's step mom. I don't think Echo is prego. :sad: She just isn't showing and she is due this week. I guess we will have to try again next time. I am sure the neighbors dog wont mind.

I don't have much time today b/c I am trying to clean up the mess they left for me here. They try to do things but it just makes more work for me.

I will check back in a few.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:12 PM   #98  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies. My folks got back from their vacation yesterday so everything should be back to "normal" here...I'm gonna miss my free afternoons!

Holly, I am using this Monday as my start-over Monday too. I just got back from the grocery store where I stocked up on skim milk, fruits and low-fat snacks for the office so I should be set. Haven't had breakfast yet but will in a few minutes. Heck, I've been having a hard time getting motivated to do anything, much less think about dieting and exercise. But I can't afford a new wardrobe so I have to re-lose the weight, AGAIN.

Angie, that sure sucks about your FIL not helping you guys out. Does Jay have any other brothers or sisters or is it just him and the pothead? I had cousins that would use my grandmother like that, and we were the ones that lived with her and helped her out. They only came around when they wanted something, mostly money, other than that they wouldn't even drop in just to say hi. I don't get it.

Kempy, shucks, no puppies? That would've been so sweet. Maybe next time?

Summer, charts and keeping records helps me alot too, especially if I do them (imagine that! ). I've found that a food journal doesn't help me stay motivated too much, as much as a weight-loss chart does. But we all have to find what works for us. Good luck! We can all do this

Julie, how was your weekend, do anything fun? If it makes you feel any better, we had lots of rain this weekend...didn't keep me away from the mall though. As much as I'd like to boycott the show, I can't keep myself from watching AI (kind of like witnessing a car wreck maybe?)

Hey Cal, glad to see you posting on the weekends. I'm sure that's when you're pretty free. Gosh 4 weeks left of school than summer vacation...wow, this year's just blazing by! My son's graduating from preschool next Friday, then in just a month and a half, starting kindergarten ...why does time fly by so quickly?

Well ladies, I guess I should get some work done and eat some breakfast. Gotta start the day off on the right foot. Have a good one.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #99  

Hi Girls

Better late than never not getting here right. Just going to warm up leftover lasanga from last night. I can't wait, I am starving. The weather was weird today....it thundered but it did not rain.?.. Last weekend took a long walk, laid out in the sun an played with the kids. Not to exciting.

Noelle I think I will watch AI tonight too. I know we were going to give it up but it is something to watch . And I have to keep watching for my main reason to see if Paula and Simon become a couple. I loved it last year with the kiss! I wonder what they will do for the finale this year. It should be coming up pretty soon.

Angie in-law problems, yuck....I have been there. Rant and vent all you want. Whats for dinner tonight?

Cal I bet the last four weeks take the longest to go by. Hang in there and think about that July trip!

Summer glad to see you posted. I love the quotes you leave at the end of your messages. They make me smile.

Hi Holly, your life sounds crazy right now. On top of that three kids and a hubby . Good for you for following your dreams.

Well gotta go suppers on. Check in later and come like Angie said lets get posting! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:17 PM   #100  

Summer btw you asked about the finger. It is still so sore. But I don't think I am going to lose it though. I will have to cover up the ugly bruising underneath it will nail polish. If I go out, I hardly even paint my fingernails. Julie
Old 05-17-2004, 11:14 PM   #101  

Well just checking in before bed to see if anyone was back. Ate way too much tonight. Lasanga gets me everytime! I hope to chat with you all more tomorrow. Goodnight....Julie
Old 05-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #102  

Hey guys and happy Tuesday morning to ya. It isn't raining here today and that is a BIG plus. I don't think the ground can hold any more. I think as it is it will be weeks b4 it is really dry.

Julie you were on late last night. I didn't get a chance to get back on yesterday either. I had to run home from work and my brother came over to visit. What was the AI special about last night. Is tonight the end or is that next week?

I watched that movie Uptown Girls last night and I am thankful that Joe wasn't home with me to watch it. I had a break down at the end of it. Have any of you seen it? I never realized how much dad issues I still have hanging on. I must have cried for 15 mins straight. I am talking the hard crying too. I guess I need to get back to my letter writing to him to help me get through all of this junk that is left. I had a lady tell me that I needed to write a letter to him like he is still here and tell him all of the things that I feel and how I am upset with him dying. Once i am done I am supposed to go outside and burn it. I am still sitting on the letter. I have no idea why either.

Do any of you have anything good planned for today? I don't have much to do so I will be on the site today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #103  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Mornin. I exercised already and we are mulching the flower beds today. I have to pull all of the old layers of mulch off the front boxes. That should be fun since it is 5 years of layers and it is the whole length of the house. fun fun.

Well, I need to take a quick shower and do some baking but I will be back later. I just wanted to make sure that I checked in.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #104  

Good morning Girls

Angie you GO GIRL, sounds like you got your excercising in for the day. I bet you will be sore tonight, or maybe not you have been working hard lately. I know its early but what is everyone having for dinner?

Kempy I wish I could give you a great big hug. No, I have never seen that movie. I can't say I know how you feel because your dad died but my prayers are with you. I like the letter idea. Maybe it will help you. I never heard of that. It is so hard to overcome our past. I have been thinking about picking a therapist to talk to. It helps to get it out and talk about it. I know this is a totally different situation than yours but my dad is an acoholic and was never there for me when I was a kid. Up until last December I had not talked to him in three years. I realized I had to forgive him to move on. He has a disease. He is not drinking now. But when I finally realized it was not his fault, my fault, or anyone else's it was easier to forgive him. I will never forget the things he did but it help to say I forgive. It was really like a rock lifted off my shoulders. I hope I did not hurt your feelings by talking about this, but it does help to talk and not hold it in. Pm me if you want. Hugs and I believe you are strong enough to get through this.

I caught some of the AI special last night, they interviewed the judges and the three left. I really probally only saw fifteen minutes of it.

Noelle did it cool down by you yet? My hus and I were talking we might send my son to pre-school next year if I can find a five year old one. We might wait until he is six to send him. Oh all the stuff and decisions to make. Just wait until our boys get older ! Is work slowing down for you? Has the strange guy given you any more problems on your walks?

Hi everyone else. Gotta go but will check back after I get these two to stop their fighting. One minute they love each other and the next they are fighting ! Sounds like hus and I!!!! Julie
Old 05-18-2004, 03:22 PM   #105  

Good Afternoon,

Noelle I called our church to see if they offer pre-school and they don't, and half day kindergaten is way over $1000.00. I was thinking I would put him in that for half days and then go to school next year?.? I am so bad at making a decision . I just need to work on that and kick myself in the butt and get more assertive with myself! I will talk to hus about it when he gets home.

Where is everyone lately? I need you guys, I probally just ate the equivilant of three or four bowls of cereal. What in the world is wrong with me. I just could not stop eating. I think it is stress eating, I know it is actually. I felt sick from eating that much. I don't even know if I am going to have supper. Well I probally will . I better be good because I ordered my swimsuit and tried it on and it fit but I am going to ruin it with all this eating. Well just checking in.
Julie