Old 04-16-2004, 06:22 PM   #16  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Welcome Leigh, I am Cindi, 37, mom to 7 and I live in GA, too. Isn't it a beautiful day today???

This is the best support system around, I have never felt like losing weight was so easy, thanks to these ladies! I hope you love it as much as I do.

Post as often as you can and let us know how you are doing. I am also reading Dr Phil's book, just started.

Glad you joined us!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #17  

Default Good afternoon!

Hey, everybody
I hope everyone is having a good Friday.
Thanks everybody for the support. I just needed to vent. We went swimming today. Usually Nathan just runs circles around the pool, deep end included and I have to chase him but I actually got to sit still for awhile today. I talked to him before we went and told him we would stop and come home if he ran.

Meltin-Is Meltin your screen name? I didn't see a name in your signature. Actually, Nathan, who is 2, almost 3 isn't really that hard to handle. Its the terrible 10's you have to worry about. That and the fact that if they get together, watch out!

Cindi-Good for you! I can so relate. Its takes my 2 yo an hour and a half to eat a Happy meal. Sometimes when I think he's finished I sneak a bite and somehow he always knows. "Mama, did you eat my fries"?

Leigh-You are welcome. You will feel at home here.

Crystal- That is so funny. I have done the same thing. It seems to be only when my BD is getting close.

Jessi-thanks for the kind words. I can relate on the dh being another kid. Have fun tonight.

I have been on track today. I ate leftover pinto beans which have a lot of fiber. Calorie wise I've had about 1200 cals, but the more fiber, the less points you have, so I only have about 18pts so far. I may or may not eat them later.

Talk to you guys later
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:08 PM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Default Hi everyone again

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Jessi - yes, it sounds like we do have a lot in common It will be fun to support each other toward our progress. Ice Skating sounds like fun - DH has to work late tonight

Cindi and Mary - nice to meet you both too. I definitely need a support network! I've been good today, but it's hard. I already feel hungry, but am reminding myself that's normal for the first few days. I'm not even sure that I really am hungry - I think I just want a chocolate bar!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #19  
2BoysMom

Hello all,

Cindy congrats on the 1.5 lbs gone....Melinda..hurray for you're great loss of 3 lbs!

Welcome Leigh! I'm Geri 40yo SAHM of 2 boys, Will and Tony, almost 3 and 1. I have read Dr Phil and am following his "plan" so to speak!

Mary, screw the housework! Once the weather is nice no one should be worried about cleaning the house. It always manages to get done! Don't worry about your one day...we all have them. There are days I would love to be single and childless again I'm sure everyone has those too! Glad you're back on track again.

Did my 3 mi walk this morning and a few laps around the subdivision with the kids today. It was near 80 here so we have been out all day long. Finally got Tony down and Will's with Dh watching TV and should be passing out any time now. Then it's my turn. I did actually do 3 loads of wash today folded and put away. Had to dig out the summer clothes so will have to switch them out with the winters this weekend. Can't put the winters completely away yet with the weather here in WI! No big plans for the weekend here. Just some cleaning...it's supposed to rain off and on...watching my gf 2 kids for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon...easy job, they keep Will occupied...and just haning out with the family. Maybe we'll go monitor shopping 'cause this distortion is really annoying!

Hi to everyone else out there. I'm so tired...my bed is calling me! Had some cantelope and a yogurt tonight...healthy snacks! Had a light dinner of a salad and a baked potato with just some buttery spray on it so I was hungry. Have a wonderful ngiht and I'll check in again tomorrow!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:20 PM   #20  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Night

Well good evening everyone. I think most of you had a good day. I didn't take notes, I'm incredibly tired for some reason. I didn't eat great today, but for some reason I only have this problem on Fridays. The rest of the week and the weekend are fine but Friday's kill me. But I don't let it get to me too much because I'm still losing weight. I could actually consume 1800 calories a day and still lose weight but I manage to get about 1500 calories a day therefore I see it kind of like the WW flex points. It's flex calories, I may not keep track of them but since Friday's are my only problem day I don't feel the need. I can tell I'm eating less w/o even thinking about it and I'm staying filled up longer probably because of all the water.

Spryng, I know your dh is home today that's why you haven't been around much and I hope you're out enjoying every possible minute.

Leigh, glad you received such a warm welcome. Keep coming back because I guarantee you will find comfort here and achieve your goal.

Mary, it's hard to give suggestions on this topic. I know EVERY sahm has felt it and gone through it. I don't have 2 boys and my one is alot to handle, but I do have 2 other kids for a total of 3 and I homeschool. I don't get but about 5 or 6 hours of sleep at night and that's with a couple of interruptions. I live in a 2 bedroom house and about 15 minutes from town. My mom and dh, and in law's all work. My sister moved an hour away so her comfort is online or on the phone. All I can tell you is this: It took me a VERY long time to get comfortable with my life the way it is. I'm still dealing with it. I pray alot and turn to the bible when I'm feeling distressed. I took on something for myself being becoming a Watkins associate which doesn't take up much time but I have so much fun doing it. And it's for me. I do it when I want, the way I want and I feel like I've achieved alot. That has made me feel alot better. Also I joined flylady this week only yesterday but her words have already had an impact on me. I have become so comfortable with what I do. I've realized getting the house in shape really, really, really good once a month, it tends to stay that way alot longer. My kids rooms is the only one I still have a problem with, but that's theirs. I don't have company in there, it's not a room I'm real concerned with. Try new things with your kids only sometimes, twice a week or so. It doesn't have to be outside everytime, but something that makes them know your time is spent with them and that seems to keep them content a while longer. I know some of this doesn't make since and I know everyone will have something different to say and that's what you have to figure out. Maybe a little bit of what everyone says will help you. Honestly, the bible and praying is what keeps me sane most of the time. I don't know if you've seen Mel Gibson's movie, The Passion, but believe it or not it was that movie that really changed alot of HOW I think and look at things. Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on like that, but it was ironic you asked what we think because as you can tell it's something I've delt with for a long time and I think as sahm's, we always will. We just have to figure out how we can find peace in what we do. Hope some of this helps.

Well, girls. I'm gonna get ready for bed, I'm bushed. Hope everyone has a great night and I'll tune in tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else and Way To Go to everyone that had a loss or even stayed OP today. WooooooHoooooo!!!!!!

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Everyone who lost....WTG!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!

Sorry not to get personal I didnt take notes as I read the thread lol too lazy tonight, actually the meds are making me really tired. Tomorrow I will post more!!

Leigh - Welcome So glad to have you here. I have a 6 month old too her name is Teagan Kinsey she was born Oct 13

Anyway I did really well today, I had some sausage for breakfast and a pork chop with the powdered ranch dressing rubbed on it which was good and some mashed cauliflower I think Im going to have some jello before bed just so I dont get the munchies when I wake up in the middle of the night. Ohhh and I had half a slimfast bar I shared with my hubby only 2 net carbs per bar so only 1 carb!! Anyway enough about me, I hope you are all doing well! I'll come talk to you all tomorrow
TAke care
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:56 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
It's almost midnight here so I won't be posting much. Yes DH is in so I won't be around much until monday. I've been going non-stop today and I'm exausted. But I did do my morning and bed time flylady routine, lol. So my house is tidy. I am loving that program so much!! But I didn't get to do any 15 min zoning today. O-well.... tomorrow is the city wide yard sale. I picked up the map today and there are so many yard sales!!! We will start early tomorrow. I'm so excited. I hit a couple today and got a game for the kids for .50 cents. Then after noon we are going to the park for our bbq/fishing day. I rented a shelter there so it should be lots of fun. All DH's family and some friends will be there. A big family thing, the kids will love it. Guess that is about all.
Welcome Leigh, I am Spryng, mother of 3- Ava 4, Joseph (aka Bubba) 3, and Tanner 9 months old. Married for 6 years now. I am on weight watchers and I just hit my goal weight today!!!! It's been a long time coming. Now on to my personal goal. I hope you feel at home here and I look forward to getting to know you better. My DH is an OTR truck driver and is only in ever 2 weeks so when he comes home I'm MIA alot. But I promise you'll see lots of me come monday when he leaves out.
Well, I have to get in bed. Congrats to all who lost lbs today!!! And Ginny, get better! Geri, Melinda, Ricci, Penny, Mary, Crystal, Jessi, Michelle, and anyone else (my mind is going blank) Hi! and G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:54 AM   #23  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Good Morning

I can't make my coffee smilie face this morning, still waiting for it to brew. Well hope everyone had a great night. I had an okay night. Not great but not bad.

Do you ever have this problem, I don't know what to do today. The weekends I don't do very much around the house and thanks to flylady my laundry is totally caught up the bathroom is in great shape. I didn't tackle that other room along with the bathroom which would have been my daughter's room. Maybe I'll tackle that today. I still have to make my menu and grocery list for the day. I don't like to go to Walmart on the weekend because it's a looney house.
I just don't know what to do. Thought about going to visit my sister. Hadn't been there for a couple of months and my kids LOVE playing with their cousins. And being an hour away we don't get to go very often and never on a week day.
Okay, this is gonna take a bit I hope some of you have time to read it. I want to tell you something I'm going through and tell me how you feel about it. My husband and me are in the midst of trying to make a decision about our house. Our plan has been to build right behind the house we live in now. This house we live in is small, old, needs major cosmetic work, but it's free. We only paid $5500.00 for it. A house mover had it with nowhere to move it to, so we paid him that much to move it here. We are having major financial difficulties so building seems a bit too much. We couldn't afford another payment at all. My husband wants to get a loan to start to build our new home ourselves but that wouldn't finish it, then we'd have to get some other kind of loan to finish all this and still have our bills that we can barely afford. But let me tell you this is his dream. My thoughts are to get a home equity loan to pay off our bills and use the rest of it to fix this home up that we're in. We can add on to make bigger, paint to make look better, redo kitchen and flooring and such. But why this is a problem is because I think I would rather stay here than build a new home of my dreams. I love old farm houses and the potential they hold is ENDLESS. But I feel like if I tell my dh how I feel I'm gonna put a wrench in his plans. Plus, I'm a Christian wife, and the bible says he's the leader of the family and we, as wives, are to follow. I believe that too. But I also think I should state my opinion. I don't know if any of your dh's are like mine, but he'll shoot down my suggestions quickly w/o giving it alot of thought. And because it's not what he wants to do it won't be a good idea. And I know this forum is about weight loss, but I have pondered going into this detail with y'all, but this problem is staying with me day after day and I thought maybe some of you would have some thoughts that would help me deal with it. I know some of you are gonna say, tell him, it's your house too, you have equal rights and that's only sort of true. That's true in this modern world we live in but that's not how God said it's to be. But think about it, in order to do what dh wants to do, we are going to have to go around lots of obstacles and that makes me think it's not meant to be. I'm sorry to do this I guess I shouldn't have said anything anyway. Just didn't know what else to do.

I hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend.

TTYL.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:41 AM   #24  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI LADIES
GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!

SPRYNG,
OMG CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!!

YOU HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO GET TO WHERE YOU ARE AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

CINDI,
CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS ALSO!!! IS YOUR DR LIKE MINE WHERE THEY GET SO EXCITED FOR YOU WHEN YOU LOSE WEIGHT? WHEN DO YOU GO BACK? CONGRATS ON TURNING DOWN THE EASTER CANDY !!!! YAH!

MELINDA,
CONGRATS CONGRATS! YOU HAD A GREAT LOSS THIS WEEK! ARE YOU AND DH STILL DOING SB? AND ABOUT THE SOY MILK.... PROBABLY NOT UNTIL A YEAR BUT I AM NOT PUTTING HIM ON FORMULA NOW SINCE HE NEVER WAS ON IT. I JUST FIGURED IT WAS BETTER WHOLE MILK. I AM MIXING IT WITH THE REST OF THE BREASTMILK I HAVE FROZEN. HE IS STILL NURSING ONCE A DAY AND THE LAST COUPLE DAYS TWICE A DAY. IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE ME UNTIL HE IS ONE YEAR TO TOTALLY WEAN HIM. AND SEE WE CAN LOSE WEIGHT WHILE NURSING! YAH FOR US!

MARY,
DO YOU TAKE OUT TIME FOR YOURSELF??? I KNOW MY HUBBY DOESN'T DO A GOOD JOB WATCHING THE KIDS EITHER. JUST FROM A MOMMY'S OPINION HOPE YOU FIGURE OUT A GOOD SCHEDULE FOR YOU! HUGS TO YOU!

Welcome Leigh! IS IT PRONNOUNCED LEAH OR LEE? HOPE YOU STAY PUT HERE AND JOIN US! ADD ME TO THE "BABY FAT" CLUB! I STILL HAVE ANOTHER 8.5 OF BABY FAT TO GO AS OF THIS MORNING. WHEN I STARTED POSTING AGAIN I HAD 23.5 POUNDS OF BABY FAT! I AM SUCCEEDING AND SO CAN YOU! WE CAN WIN THIS WAR! I TOO HAVE NEVER HEARD OF MEDIFAST~ WHATS THE INFO ON IT? IF YOU DON'T MIND SHARING

JESSI,
HOPE YOU HAD FUN AT THE FIGURE SKATING LAST NIGHT! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING REALLY WELL!!!!

MICHELLE,
SORRY I MISSED YOU YESTERDAY! THIS HAS BEEN A CRAZY AND FULL WEEK IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID GREAT YESTERDAY! HOW ARE YOU FEELING????

CRYSTAL,
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT DH SHOOTING DOWN YOUR IDEAS. I USUALLY TRY TO SHOW MY DH MY POINT OF VIEW BY MAPING IT OUT. DO YOU HANDLE THE FINANCES OR HIM? I KNOW IT IS NOT A EASY SITUATION BUT FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND TRUST THAT GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU! HUGS TO YOU ****

AS FOR ME! I AM DOING AWESOME! I HAVE HAD 4-5 KIDS HERE ALL WEEK. AND NOW I HAVE FOUR KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTIES TO GO TO! MY KIDS ARE GOING TO BE EXHAUSTED! THE WEANING IS STILL GOING OK! AND ANDREW IS WALKING AROUND MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY! HE IS GROWING UP SO FAST!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY AND GREAT WEEKEND! MAKE THE MOST OUT OF IT!

PENNY
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:17 AM   #25  
SAHM of 3

quick post: Has anyone ever tried meals.com???? For those of you that plan your menus and grocery lists, you've got to try that. It's AWESOME.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #26  
Walking away the weight

Default Good morning

Good morning ladies. What fun it is to wake up and check in - you're all so nice I think I forgot to tell you my son's name - Liam.
So, do you all use the Flylady program? I know about it, but have never tried it. Maybe I should, though.

Penny: It's pronounced "Lee." Medifast is a meal replacement program - like slim fast. Good to see I'm definitely now alone in the post-baby weight department

Mary: I completely understand your frustration with the constant caretaking. DH is out of town a lot, and it's soooo hard when I have no break. I get extremely frustrated too - you're definitely not alone. Maybe you can work out a plan where you get a baby sitter for just a few hours (even three or so) once a week, or once every-other-week so you have some "you" time. Today DH is giving me a much needed sanity break - he was out of town all week. I'm going to take a long bath, scrapbook, and not worry about DS

Geri: Congrats for staying on track - that's wonderful! I haven't had my first supplement yet today, but will soon. I have coffee first and then feel hungry a half-hour or so later.

Crystal: What kind of business is your Watkins company? Just curious - if you don't mind me asking. I think that your house plan is a good one. Is this something you'd feel comfortable talking to your Pastor/Reverand about? Maybe if you have a third party help you discuss it, your husband will be more open to the idea. Also, I once heard (was it on Dr. Phil?) that men often like to have a specific plan with goals - even written out; so maybe if you write out your plans for the house with specific goals and such, he'll respond better to that?

Michelle Ray: Wow - Oct. 13th? Liam was born Oct. 21st! Another person to join the baby c lub for weight loss Good to know we can do it together.

Spryg: CONGRATS on the awesome goal reaching! Now I'm inspired That's just wonderful and I hope you're very proud of yourself and reward yourself in some way. I know what you mean about DH - my husband is a reporter and is out of town a lot - it's very difficult.

Hope you all have a great Saturday - I'll check in again later today.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:20 AM   #27  
Walking away the weight

Never heard of it - I'll go check it out.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #28  
burned out bus driver

Off to a soccer game!!!
Congrats Spryng for making it to the 130's!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a great day.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #29  
Walking away the weight

Question Flylady Questions

I already have Flylady questions
I joined via the yahoo link. When setting up my profile, I checked the "No email" box because from my experiences with other yahoo groups, I end up getting too much email - I prefer to just go to the site and read messages. But then I noticed that it's not an open forum, just the moderator sends messages. I got her welcome email, so am I okay to leave the settings as is, or should I check another box like "get all emails"? TIA.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:27 AM   #30  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Leigh,

The email system sends you reminders, testimonials, and notes from Flylady. It's alot of mail, but I LOVE the testimonials, and just starting with the program, the reminders can come in handy. Just remember that once you are familiar with the reminders you won't have to read them, you will see them and know what to do and can delete them, like I do. She will tell you to feel free to hit the delete button anytime you are overwhelmed or a reminder isn't pertinent to you at that time. I went with no mail for a while and didn't do as well with the program. So I'd get them for a day or two and then decide what you think.

Have fun and Happy Flying!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote