Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Wheeeeet-----whewwwwwww! Look At Us On Coreboard 32!!

okay now we have some clean pages.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:30 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, now for my evening report.

Well, we worked hard today and were just bombarded at every turn by people needing this and that. Judd has a few problems that are total show stoppers for the upcoming test event. I have changes out the b*** that I must get done before the next build. I'm sure that means nothing, but once a week all the software, courseware, and simulation is compiled and we have to make sure it meshes and runs on the trainer correctly. Right now, it doesn't. That's what we're frantically trying to finish up.

So after this bad day (week?) we decided it was either come home and sniff paint, or go out for Mexican food. We opted for the Mexican food. We went to our favorite place and had our favorite meals. Judd had two margaritas and I had half of one -- he finished mine. Hopefully it'll settle him down enough so he can sleep tonight. I'm sure this one meal won't make him gain his 14 pounds back, and I won't completely undo my progress. As of now, I'm shooting for 150 on Monday morning and will be thrilled with anything near it. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we'll be back in the lab working on our respective fixes.

We're watching The Truman Show. We saw it in the theater when it came out, and haven't seen it since. It's such a good movie.

Hope everybody is having a great evening. I'll be back sometime tomorrow -- between pulling my hair out at work (probably be there 9-10 hours) and doing laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning (oh yeah, we have to take a trailer load of stuff to the city beautification day tomorrow morning) and resting. I think resting is going to be taking a back seat this weekend.

Last edited by Katpo; 10-28-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:37 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Thanks Sandra - good idea to start fresh again!

Your dinner sounds great but I have no idea what chow chow is? Hope it tastes good whatever it is?

..and yes I am trying to stay positive despite my toxic environment! For some reason dh is still not talking to me - guess the therapist gave him some fabulous advice - like not only ignore and criticize the stepkids, but don't talk to your wife either!...and make sure you are always in a different room from her, and never under any circumstances speak about anything important - only discuss required details such as little ds picked up from school early, missed a bday party cuz he was sick and threw up twice at home, that my gf from Toronto called, and was I going to the baby shower sunday afternoon cuz he wants to be out as well....and ya, the laundry's done! yippee!

I've just about had it with this behaviour - and am pretending he's actually not here - trying to see what it would be like on my own - and frankly it wouldn't be much different. Yes I certainly would have more responsibilities and less time for myself - but seeing as there is little personal interaction or friendliness between us - the situation would actual be better for me as I hope I wouldn't sit here wondering what was wrong if he were not here!

So I shall just go on with my life and my kids and let him figure out what he wants to do. I don't want him to "pull me down" and it is hard for me. So I am repeating all my positive "gifts" to try and maintain my "self". Also was reading some of the Dr. Phil advice so kindly posted by kathy - but frankly it was too much to handle tonight so I stopped!

I have actually written on a piece of paper on my desk (0kay no journal yet - but I promise tomorrow I'll get one!):

1) I am a thoughtful person
2) I am very fun-loving
3) I have a good heart
4) I am friendly
5) I have a nice voice and love to sing!

(Hope I don't sound too full of myself!). I am reading this over a few times and it actually does make me more positive!

Tonight I was "chauffeur" for older kids and happy to leave the house. Took dd to friend's house for 1st high school dance preparations! Then she is going to a gf's house for sleepover! Took ds to do some hallowe'en costume shopping and do u know how hard it is to find a pair of overalls around here? (unless you spend like over $60!)....so after a few cell phone calls w/his buddies there was a "costume" change and off we went to the dollar store to get some other things. He was quite happy and grateful.

I am very hungry now but trying not to eat too much! Came home and made some lean ground turkey meatballs in a tomato sauce which I ate w/a small bowl of whole wheat pasta. I also had a bagel w/margarine as I had just picked up some fresh ones from the bagel shop! I might have some fruit or cereal and milk if I feel really really hungry! The amazing thing is I am feeling thirsty now so I will have more water (and suffer the consequences of having to get up at night!).

Time to go listen to little ds read!..then it's jammie time!

Nitey nite!

Frouf
Old 10-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #4  

Bless your heart. You deserve better.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:30 AM   #5  
focused and aiming

{{{{{frouf}}}}}
Old 10-29-2005, 08:17 AM   #6  

Well we weathered hurricane Wilma fairly well. No damage to the house, but had no power until last night. I did manage to lose 0.4# this week. Looking forward to losing more this coming week, since I can cook the way I like
Vivian
Old 10-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #7  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Vivian, I am so glad to hear you weathered well. My aunt is there in Ft myers and was ok too...(no power till Thurs. but other than that good) And hey, to lose .4lbs while dealing with the stress of a flippin hurricane?! That is awesome!

Frouf...I agree with Kathy, You deserve better.....hang in and lean on us if you need. We are here.

Well, went to the Drs...DS has strep throat. Yuck...and I hate to say it but I know where he got it. He is better today though after a rough day yesterday. All in all I did GREAT yesterday and my sliders reflect it...I couldnt look at 207 anymore when I knew I wasnt!! LOL. I only hope I am counting my wpa's right. I had some WW flakes and fiber this am w/ a banana. delightfully full while drinking my coffee. Here is to a great day! Little DS is up so gotta go get him out of the crib. Have a great day girls!

Oh and Kathy, hope things get better at work! Stress is sooo tough for a persons body huh? All I wanna do is eat when I am stressed. I hope you get that rest soon.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #8  

Good morning, my beautiful and awesome chickie friends! What a spectacular day it is here in sunny north Texas! It's currently 52º, the high today will only be 75º, and we get an extra hour of sleep tonight! Could things be any better????

I'm here at work and walked right in to "oh no, this is broken" and "could you please fix this first?" and "hey, so-and-so was having a bad day last week, messed this up, so could you check on it for me?" Makes you want to turn right around and go back home! I just smile and say sure thing, I'll get right on it! Fortunately (or is that UNfortunately?) I am the courseware goddess and know this baseline inside and out, and so I'm the one they all come to.

Okay, enough of that. The scale was up to 153 this morning due to eating a pound of salt last night at the Mexican food place. That's okay though ... I have nothing but time to get it all off. And who knows? Maybe I'll reset my goal to 145. I think at my height, that might be acceptable. It's gone from 135 to 139 to 145 to 139 back and forth and back and forth so many times. Maybe one day I'll settle on a goal and stick with it.

Well, okay! I just decided! 145 it is, and by golly it's going to have to do! Off to ticker land right now! (Please feel free to smack me if I mention changing it again.)

Happy day to you all! Enjoy yourselves and remember how special each of you are!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #9  
Melissa

Kathy, I have my rolling pin ready in case you try to change it again. You sound like you are in much better spirits despite work stress. Good for you! I'm glad that you had a good time last night and are not stressing about the scale being up.

Frouf, What can we say? Your positive outlook is so inspiring though. The things you wrote about yourself are great, and I like how you changed your signature to include something positive about yourself as well.

Vivian, glad to hear that all is well with you. It is truly amazing that you managed to lose!

KellyJo, I hope that your DS feels better quickly.

Well we are in for a day of cleaning. Doesn't that sound like fun? I think we might go to Olive Garden (we have a gift card we never used) today, or we might just stay at home. Or we might go to a nature reserve to take some pictures. But I do know that we will be cleaning! The in-laws are coming over for halloween so we must clean before then. It needs to be done desperately anyway, but this motivates DH to help me. Hope that everyone has a fantastic day.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Girls! I'm coming down to the finish line on my life marathon. I've got to go make Core kidney bean salad, wrap some presents, eat lunch and shower. I just wanted to come say hello before you all forgot about me!

I see I have a TON of reading and responding to do tomorrow. I'm glad to see the board is so active. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #11  

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm spending the day baking goodies for the Halloween road rally party we're having tonight. 4 dozen cupcakes (frosted w/decorations), 2 pans of brownies, and 2 different batches of cookies. Whoo-boy! I think I'm in sugar shock from all that stupid Halloween candy already. Our church had a trick or treating thing last Wednesday, so we have candy in the house already. Yesterday I finally took most of it, bagged it up, and sent it to work with dh. I left enough for the girls to get 2 pieces a day until "real" Halloween.

Time to go make lunch. I'm actually craving Core foods...

Angela
Old 10-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

it's a terrific day to be alive!! ya'll know how i go through cycles of being excited about being on core, being at peace with core, and looking for a quick fix. right now, i'm at peace. i'm just eating core and enjoying myself. it's hard to explain, but that's what's going on. i'm not struggling right now. i know i will most likely have a gain halloween but i don't care. i'm focused--and aiming.

vivian, it's good to see you back and know you're safe. congratulations on losing weight during a hurricane. that's an amazing victory.

kelly, congratulations on moving your slider. way to go, girl!

kathy, you're very smart to set a realistic goal for yourself. i've moved mine to 165. i know. i know. that's high, but it's something i can live with. i had a ww leader once who said she chose the high end for her weight cuz she didn't want to live the rest of her life on lettuce. we have to do what makes sense and feels right.

melissa, we have a new restaurant being built not far from us. we're hoping it's an olive garden. we also have a krispy creme coming in and are planning to spend some pts there. lol

vickie, i've missed you. i just made us a pot of taco soup. curtis ate and bragged and ate and bragged on it. and it's core! life is good.

angela, what time are we supposed to get there tonight? sounds like my kind of party.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:47 PM   #13  
Melissa

Vickie, we could never forget about you! Hope you are having fun.

Angela, sounds like you are in a scary situation, with all of those sweet goodies around! Yikes! I hope that you have a great time tonight.

Sandra, it's great to hear you in such a positive upbeat mood. You go girl. I don't think 165 is high. Once I get to that point I know it will be difficult to get motivated to go down any more than that. I think I would be happy to get to 170, though I know that a lower weight would be healthier. Oops, sorry, I'm rambling.

I hope that you all won't be mad at me, but I'm going to try an experiment through the next few weeks. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I know that I won't be 100% core. I hope that you won't mind if I still post. I'll be mainly core. It's just an experiment. I hope no one is rolling their eyes at me. I wouldn't blame you though!! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm very determined to meet my Thanksgiving goal, so I'm very excited. I know that I must get on the ball with exercise, so that is going to be a priority for the next few weeks.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:55 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

melissa, just kidding you know i'm all about trying different ways. if you find the golden invitation, be sure to tell us all about it.

we just had a huge dinner. i guess i should go post it. it was all core except for 1 pt. also, i made a banana cake today (core). it's in the fridge now so the icing will set. i'll let ya'll know if it's good. i will go post the icing recipe now. it's 5 pts for the whole recipe. so this is a 5 pt for a whole cake.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:10 PM   #15  

Melissa, you know that of all people, I would say go for it! I seem to be the queen of indecision anyway!

I still journal everything and calculate total WW points (as if I were still doing Flex) but 99% of the food is Core. If I can stay within my 20-25 points, I count it a successful day.

But today ... ugh! They ordered pizza at work, so my menu flew out the window. I had 2 pieces of thin crust and then went back for another. So no lunch, no snack, no dinner. I did manage all of my water and tonight ate a teeny bowl of soup (ground turkey, kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes) but that'll be it. I just weighed and I know better than to weigh in the evening, especially after two days of salt, and it was 156. Talk about depressing!!!

So I might not eat much tomorrow but will definitely drink water to flush my system. We will be back at work at 7 or 8 in the morning and will work most of the day. If I can stay busy and keep my mind off of food, I'll be fine. Plus, I don't think Judd will be ordering pizza. He has the corporate Amex card so he was the one who ordered and bought the evil pizza for the whole program today. Why couldn't he have ordered a tub of salad instead??

Sandra, as far as my goal, one of the weight charts does the 100 pounds for 5 feet and 5 pounds per inch over. That would put me at 135. Another chart has it at 110 pounds plus 5 per inch ... so guess what? That's the one I'm going to shoot for. It must be for us "mature" women, huh? I know it's only 8 pounds to go but at this point, it might as well be 38. I feel like it will never happen, probably because I keep playing with the same pounds. Yesterday and today really put me off course but I'm the only one to blame since I'm the only one who dictates what goes into my tummy. I'm hoping that Monday morning is either the same 153 or maybe a teeny weeny bit down.

We're watching football (bo-frickin-ring) but I'm doing it so I can be in here with Judd. Thank goodness I have this laptop.
Closed Thread