Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #76  
I will make it!

Hey guys..still recovering from the weekend...we had our anniversary company party on friday...It ran very late and lots of hoopla...ohhhh...I am so tired...I guess I am getting old...anyway...the weather has been cold and damp adding to my misery.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with 1.5 cups of skim milk
lunch: grilled chicken with snow peas
dinner: bbq grilled salmon with salad
snacks: applesauce, yogurt, mixed berries
beverages: tea, water, diet soda

I dont know if I will exercise tonight... finally got my period since january..I am feeling it at the moment...just extra tired.

Have a great day ladies

Cyan
Old 04-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #77  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, all--I'm doing pretty well today--I slept a lot over the weekend, which helped my headache finally go away, though I do have a bit of neck stiffness yet. I've figured out a way to walk on a daily basis--I have about 20 minutes at 6:30 a.m. If I go around a two-block area near my house twice, it takes up exactly the 20 minutes. I did some walking over the weekend, and found it helped me feel so much better (I knew that) so I knew I had to figure out a way to get it in. I did it this morning, and it really made a difference in how I felt. For now, I am going to just try to eat a balanced diet with reasonable portions. I just can't do a special food plan right now. It's too much stress.

Well, I am going now. See you all later. Bye for now.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:15 AM   #78  
I will make it!

Hey girls

I forgot to mention that I am down .5 to 170.5...the scale is moving slowly...but at least its in the right direction.

I wisdom tooth is pushing through...this sucker has been growing very slowly for the last 15 years....there is room...and its growing in straight..just very very slowly..so I had a mild fever because of it ...and I have been feeling very tired...I am about to get my period after not having it for a couple of months. So I havent exercised...maybe tonight I will do pilates.

Menu Plan
breakfast: instant carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: turkey breast deli sandwich on black bread with mayo
dinner: grilled salmon with greek salad
snacks: mixed berries, an oz of choclate, yogurt or applesauce
beverages: diet soda, water, tea

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 04-28-2004, 04:44 PM   #79  
I will make it!

Hey its me again...where is everybody...ack

The last couple of days have been foggy...my wisdom tooth is pulling through and it messed with my concentration. I even had a mild fever because of it.

And I finally got my period ...only took it 3 months to show up..and not much to brag about...sorry for the minute details. but we are all girls and no the scoop

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: slamon salad on chapati bread
dinner: whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce parmesan
snack: apple sauce, mixed berries
beverages: wate, tea diet soda

exercsise...I hope I do pilates or maybe I will cycle

wish me luck

Cyan
Old 04-28-2004, 06:24 PM   #80  

Hi all...

Eating and exercise-wise I am doing fine still. As far as the rest of life in general tho, I am in a major slump. Work is almost unbearable, everything at home seems me to be getting on my nerves lately, I feel like I want to cry most of the time these days. Maybe hormonal for some part but not all. I am getting on up there(41 yrs old now) so guess it comes with age maybe, but I've never been this bad before. To top things off, last nite Josh comes home from skateboarding with a HUGE sprained ankle. Took him for x-rays today...blew $163.00. A year ago, Luke had broken a front tooth which they repaired. Well also last nite, he was messing with it and the fixed part popped off!! Dentist visit today was $140. I am working my rear end off at work and there goes the biggest chunk of my paycheck! I was already feeling down so when Josh came in which was after Luke's tooth ordeal, I just broke down. I think my family thinks I have lost it. Anyway, havent been in much of a mood to chit chat with everyone but I'll try to do better.

Hope the rest of you are having a better time than me lately! I do think of you all often even when I dont make it here to post. Thanks for listening!

MIKI
Old 04-28-2004, 08:52 PM   #81  
Blooming Day by Day

Hey, all! I'm taking a break between writing a Geography unit for 5th grade and writing a Social Studies test for 4th grade, so I thought I'd check and see who's here. I didn't walk today--two very long days driving older daughter to dance and flute lessons on Monday and Tuesday--just too tired today--I will go out again tomorrow morning--I've been sleeping so much better with the walks. Last week at school, one of my "angelic" few took the pants of a very shy boy down, and I got him suspended. He was only back half a day before he started his usual talking and getting out of his seat. That was yesterday. Today I had to deal with another boy completely ripping out the t-shirt seam of another boy during recess because he pulled the shirt as a "joke", a third one throwing paper--how they do it when I'm the police in that room I'll never know. Then six boys had to write the definitions of "obey" and "respect" 50 times each because they just couldn't shut up in the lunch recess line. I am running low on discipline ideas with these boys. A few of them are so mischievous that whatever tactic I use only works a few days, and then they become immune to it. I created a time-out chair for one person in a very isolated area of the classroom, but I think I'd like to have two. A third one in the hall might be a good idea too. A bright spot is that I am teaching what we call "Family Life" (sex ed.) to the girls twice a week during the gym period while the boys have gym alone, and it is a very enjoyable experience. Both the girls and I like the class. In a week I will be teaching a similar class to the boys while the girls have gym alone (a scary thought with that group). I would like to think that class will be enjoyable, but a few may try to mess it up. I plan to put them out if they don't behave and then call their parents. Anyway, that's how things are going for me. I'm eating moderately--probably having more sweets than I should, but I'm not going to pressure myself. I weigh myself once or twice a week to keep an eye on things--and to make sure I don't start gaining.

Miki, I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to have those sudden emergency costs--how fast they eat up what we have! And somehow they always seem to happen in multiples--never one financial crisis at a time. And with as busy as you've been, it sounds like you just had one of those "last straw" situations. I've been there myself. At times I feel that I'm just holding everything together with a single thread, and then naturally life comes and cuts that thread on me, and I feel like I'm totally falling apart. Hang in there.

Cyan--sorry about that pesky wisdom tooth--I remember when mine were coming--soooooore!!!! Thankfully, I got mine all out 13 years ago.

Well, it's time for me to get back to the Social Studies grind. The faster I get it done, the sooner I can call it a night. Bye for now.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:43 PM   #82  
I will make it!

Hey Newie

Those boy students of yours sound like gremlins...yeesh!

I have been feeling in a slump lately...I dont feel like working....or exercising...I am still at 170.5...argh...but I am trying very hard to get off this bloody weight...ack ack ack...I am doomed to be 170 pounds for the rest of my friggin life!

ok...rant over

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast
lunch: leftover pasta with artichoke salad...I didnt eat my salmon salad
dinner: grilled chicken with hummus and greek salad
snacks: mixed berries, applesauce, maybe chocolate
beverages: tea, water, diet soda

see ya later ladies

Cyan
Old 04-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #83  
I will make it!

Oh yay...but I have a few chores to do tonight...wash clothes...change kitty litter...and the list goes on

I was very bad last night food wise...I had a mc donald's hamburger...my dad brought it home and I ate it...I had fried meat with spicy sauce which has lots of oil based sauce...mopped it up with crusty white bread rolls...I had 3 tablespoons of sour cream....feta cheese...and yes..chocolate

I weighed myself this morning and I am still at 170.5...I hope I didnt blow it for the week because of my binge yesterdyay...and no ...I didnt exercise.

so today's menu
breakfast: rice krispies with skim milk
lunch: smoked meat on black bread
dinner: sauted chicken breast with mushrooms and hummus
snacks: mixed berries, small banana
beverages: diet soda, water, tea

I cant wait to sleep in tomorrow

have a great weekend

Cyan
Old 04-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #84  

Default I'm back!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm back again--for a few of the days the site just kept saying that the server would be down so I quit trying to get here for a while.

I have been feeling like many of you have lately. Cyan, I have had a constant period now for almost 3 weeks straight since starting on the new medication/BCP. I have a Dr's appointment to look at it further. Like you, I have been really tired, feeling crappy all around and not much like doing anything. Miki--the whole thing is also screwy because I am so emotional it is like being on a rollercoaster--in some ways I can relate, however my moments are not as grounded as yours (I would be upset too if I has those bills come in at once). Newie--how frustrating the boys sound in your class...what grade do you teach again??? I am guessing somewhere between grades 5-7 based on how much of the pulling off of clothes there is!! What about making them come up with their own consequence? I have found that kids can be much harder on themselves and much more creative with consequences (depending on the child of course). Debee--how is the carpet doing?? I remember when my sis was little she decided to clean my dad's van as a surprise and used SOS pads to clean it (scratched it all up!) and it was a stressful time for all of us!! Kids can do crazy things and not even mean it, which makes it harder not to be mad!

I recently acquired a mountain bike and have been trying to learn how to ride it. I haven't been on a bike since I was about 10 years old. Now I am enjoying the riding but coming home with many bruises on me. The last one my foot slipped off the pedal and I actually have scabs on my legs that match the pedal design--ouch!!! All in all I am a disaster at it but it is keeping me active which is the important part. Mostly going out for short rides lately but getting out every day to every other day for about 1/2 hour at a time. We are planning a mountain bike weekend away sometime next month so I have to get myself into shape for that. Still getting mixed up on how to change the gears on the bike let alone ride it over logs or rocks. So far I am riding it on grass/weeds.

I think I have gained weight since on the BCP. Mostly in my chest area so I am not complaining and neither is my spouse. However, it has been so sore to touch and I have to go bra shopping and get some new ones in a different size. I have also been eating crappy lately. Went to McDonald's yesterday but had a kid's happy meal. Try to order small when I go there as I know that even with small the calories and fat are huge!! Have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the meal though. Somebody kick me for that!!! I can't eat chocolate, so I figure I can indulge in a happy meal every now and again.

We have a friend living with us right now. He just lost his job and got a new one right near our house so he is staying here while he sells his home (in Windsor area) and moves to Toronto area. So far things have been going well with that. We are on week 2 of him staying and it has been like having a visitor over. His home is now on the market and he has been actively house shopping here so all is well. I'm not too keen on his girlfriend though. In fact, somewhat concerned. She hasn't been staying here but has visited and we have discovered that she is very controlling and dependent almost bordering on something worse. Hopefully that relationship won't last for his sake.

Cyan, hoping to come to Montreal sometime. May actually go up to Tremblant with my rollerblades and bike as well as try out the new Louge ride they have there. Room rates are cheap there in May--you can pay as low as $49.00 per night with a kitchenette, so I might consider a weekend there for biking instead.

I have been working too hard lately with little or no breaks. I have only had a total of one week off in 2003/2004 so far and I feel I need at least one week more. In my field I am on contract so I have to save my money to take time off which I have. Now I need to figure out what/where/when and actually book the week. I think a lot of the illness I have had is connected to working too hard in such a stressful field. Counseling can really drain a person sometimes.

Talk to everyone soon,

Cjunk
Old 05-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #85  

Default Me Again!

Hi Everyone!

Me checking in again. Went to the Dr.'s and we are working on some solutions now. The results have all come back and it is something resolvable and will take about 4-6 weeks to get back on track. Major vitamin deficiencies related to lots of periods bAsically!! I am happy that I should be feeling more like my old self again soon.

Miki--How are you? I read your post again and thought to myself that you shouldn't have to feel as bad as you do. Have you ever thought of getting your mood checked out??? It is really common for people to have Seasonal Affective issues at this time of year without having enough sunshine for so many months and now the darkness and rain, rain and more rain. There are even some non-medicinal solutions to this problem as well and definitely worth looking into if you think you might have something like that...your doctor should be able to help out.

Cyan--what's up??? It's not like you to give up like so I am giving you a kick in the butt to eat better this weekend!!!

Gotta run,

Cjunk
Old 05-03-2004, 09:25 AM   #86  
I will make it!

Default 169 pounds!!!

Hey Ladies

I lost 1.5 pounds this week...170.5 down to 169!!! I have finally broken through the barrier...wooohooo

Hey Cjunk...good to hear that you have found out what is wrong and that it can be fixed...here's to you feeling like your old self soon.

My weekend flew by so quickly ...as usual...ugh! I dont like mondays much so I am always rather crabby.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: bran cereal with skim milk
lunch: turkey breast on black bread with mayo and dijon, artichoke salad
dinner: chicken breast with roasted potatoes
snacks: v8 juice, mixed berries
beverages: water, diet soda, tea

exercise: pilates

Have a great day everyone

cjunk...let me know when you are coming down to montreal

Cyan
Old 05-04-2004, 04:48 AM   #87  

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been gone for awhile...it sounds like a full moon ..I too have been in a weird emotional mood lately..feeling defeated about the diet, binge eating to self comfort. That is why I am writing at 5 a.m. in the morning...

Well, the past few weeks have not been the best...my left breast has been feeling tender and seemed to grow a bit so I decided to get a mammagram..last one I had was in 2001..the results came in a few days ago and it looks like they may have found something..I need to repeat one in 6 months.. I am hoping it is just calicium deposits..trying not to focus on it.

I was also very sick and so were the kids off and onfor the past two weeks..sore thoart and fever. Nevr once went for the whole month to the gym that I just signed up for..very mad at myself. Foodwise eating lots of choclate,salty foods and carbs..I can not get back in control. I will change starting today..here's my plan

1. try to look for non-food ways to prevent stress..taking walks, yoga, reading, bubble baths, not worrying about what might happen until I have all the facts.

2. keep working toward my goal for the wedding on May 22. Try to lose at least 5--10 pounds by May 22

Miki, I am so sorry to hear about how you are feeling ...I went trough a very emotional time a few years ago for a few months..I think it was a pre-midlife crisis..just remember this to will pass. I find journaling helps to to sort out feelings, talking to a friend and trying to put a little fun in every day. Please post.

Cyan, you are so motivated and it paid off 169! Great going.

Cjunk, I love reading your posts about your active lifestyle...hopefully your medical problems are being resolved.

Newie, when it gets tough in the classroom just remember how important a teacher job is...you are in the future. Sometimes I think the toughest kids are just the kids that need the most love.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:57 AM   #88  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone--sorry it has been so many days since I've been here. The end of last week was very stressful. PARENTS interfered with my discipline plan with the boys and the shirt tearing incident. I didn't get it completely resolved till Friday last week. I was furious. That is one of the problems at our school--parents often won't back up the teachers--don't want to let kids take responsibility for their actions--always want to blame someone else--does that sound like society in general, or what? Anyway, I took time for myself over the weekend--did a little shopping alone on Saturday--bought a new chair for my desk, and some lavender hand cream. I've taken to using lavender for stress relief. It also helps me sleep. I've used it off and on for a couple of years, but this time I got some real aromatherapy products--soap, the hand cream, massage oil. Cjunk--to answer your question, I teach 5th grade, so you were right on the money as far as age goes. Debee, thank you for your encouragement. I do know that I am doing something very important, and believe it or not, I do see a great deal of improvement in this group. A lot of it is in little things that would bore someone to death if I recounted every detail, but it is mostly in general management of the day, their respect for me, and in their sense of personal responsibility. Often I will feel as if I have taken two steps forward and one step back, but at least I am moving in a positive direction. Yesterday something happened that four boys in my class will get disciplined for (throwing wet toilet paper wads on the bathroom walls), yet I could hardly get mad at them, because they all confessed without me even bringing it up to them!!!! I thought that was incredibly responsible, and would not have happened a few weeks ago. (The principal had come into all the classrooms that use that bathroom to give a general reprimand.) Practically in the same breath, another person who had thrown an object in the classroom in a separate incident confessed to his guilt after it appeared that someone else was going to be blamed for the offense. The boys will be punished basically by each having to write a letter of apology to the maintenance staff (2 men), personally reading it to the men, and then they will have to put in the time the men had to in order to clean the bathroom wall by doing other cleaning jobs for the maintenance men. I am going to be sure the jobs include garbage, just to add in a little gross factor into the punishment/lesson. Their parents will not be called--partly because I don't want them sticking their noses in, and partly as a reward for their being honest. I am hoping they will learn a little more responsibility from this. Also, cjunk--I like your idea about kids setting their own punishment. I'm going to keep it in mind. I have to constantly come up with new ways to teach these kids.

Got to go--food is up and down--more chocolate than necessary. Weight is stable at 158. I walked with hubby on Sunday. Really, I'm going. Bye for now.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:30 AM   #89  
I will make it!

Hey Ladies

Still plugging away at it....I stayed on plan with the food and did my pilates dvd last night. I plan on cycling tonight

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: reduced fat peanutbutter with jam on whole wheat bread with a diet pepsi
lunch: tuna salad sandwich with diet mayo on whole wheat bread and artichoke salad
dinner: sole with snow peas and feta and olives
snacks: v8 juice, applesauce
beverages: diet cola, tea and water

Miki I send you a big hug and I hope you feel better soon
Debee...I hope your boob is nothing to worry about and thank goodness you got it looked at right away...I send you lots of good energy
Newie...good job on reigning in your kids...they must be very tough...and I love aroma therapy...I have been using essential oils for years now and swear by them. I bought lavender when I was last in tasmania and it is the best.
Cjunk...let us know how you are doing...I am still laughing about your inlaws and how little they eat...man I would have to have food everytime I would be going over for dinner or lunch before getting there.

Cyan
Old 05-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #90  
I will make it!

A quick note to myself ...since no one is in here waaaaaaaaaaa

ok...anyway, I did my cycling last night but only managed 15 minutes of it.

I will do pilates abs dvd tonight

Menu plan
breakfast: peanut butter and jam on whole wheat
lunch: smoked salmon salad ( I was going to have sole with snow peas)
dinner: scallops with garlic and sundried tomato with whole wheat pasta
snacks: chocolate soy pudding, banana
beverages: water, tea, diet soda

have a great day
Cyan
Closed Thread