Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:32 PM   #136  
I will make it!

Happy Wednesday Ladies

I didnt exercise last night but I will tonight..I have decided if it will be pilates or cycling.

I got caught up slow cooking my beef vindaloo...tonight's dinner...cant wait!

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: reduced cal peanut butter on whole wheat bread 2 slices
lunch: turkey deli sandwich on whole wheat
dinner: beef vindaloo
snacks: yogurt and applesauce
beverages: diet soda, water and tea

Hey Cjunk..I know what you mean about eating a lot during winter..I fall prey to that too. the colder it is the more comfort food I want to eat...yeesh.

Reina ...It took me 4 years to finally get it right...I tried just about every plan out there...finally I have settled on my own which is an amalgamation of all the diets..lol ..I have finally gotten my binge eating under control and I have switched to diet sodas...also, no more fruit juice..I eat the fruit instead... I dont eat white bread anymore...whole grains, sour dought, black or whole wheat. I have sugarless icecream when I want a desert...really cuts down on the calories. Putting together all of these changes had finally gotten me to lose weight without feelind deprived. Because if I feel deprived...I wont stay on the program and I will binge.

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #137  
I will make it!

I also have low fat treats like pudding...when I really want chocolate..I go for dark chocolate...I use stevia in my coffee...skim milk is what I drink when I have milk...low fat feta is very flavorfull...so is low fat parmesan...skim milk mozzarella is good too. No more brie or other fatty foods. I really like sugarless applesauce...very tasty and the best is the frozen berries I buy from Costco...I eat them somewhat frozen and it's like sorbet but without the added sugar.

I plan on trying splenda when I bake instead of real sugar...I will let you know how that turns out the next time I bake something.

Just a list of changes I have made this year starting March

Cyan
Old 05-27-2004, 08:33 AM   #138  

Hi everyone,
Lisa, how did your appointment go with your instructor?? I hope it went well. Reina, I am with you on treats every once in a while. We have to allow ourselves that or else we will just give up and go for it all at once! At least I would!! Cyan, what is beef vindaloo??? You have got me curious!! Well I haven't done anything physical so far since Monday. My game was cancelled Tuesday because of rain. Today I plan to go mountain biking for a bit when I get home as I am feeling very lazy the last few days. The weather just hasn't been cooperative!! Reina, have you ever taken your 5 year old son to a rock climbing gym?? Kids just love that!! Adults do too and I think you might find it is not as adventurous as it sounds as they have lots of protective gear.

Talk to you all soon,
Cjunk
Old 05-27-2004, 10:55 AM   #139  
I will make it!

Default But I didnt Binge

My Mom had a bad night...she didnt want to take her meds...she has alzheimers and she was very aggressive to say the least. She gets that way sometimes...I can only imagine what it must feel like to have such a horrible illness. I hope I dont get it when I get older...after experiencing what it does to a person...very cruel to say the least. The only consolation is that she is not fully aware of the progression of the illness.

Anyway, it was 1 am before I got to sleep. I sure do hope she is in a better mood today when I get home from work. My Dad is ready to have her placed because he says at his advanced age, he can nolonger take care of her. I am not sure how I feel about this...I am not ready to have her placed. She is still ok in terms on continence and getting dressed and once I coach her to wash up, she does it. But if she continues not wanting to take her meds...well ...thats another story...it would be negligent on our part to keep her at home in those conditions. I am hoping it is just a phase and that it will pass.

I cycled last night for 20 minutes before her episode...so that is good. I had Beef Vindaloo for dinner..it was very tasty but a little on the heavy side in terms of spice. So I felt off all night...like I had a brick in my stomach... I hope I can move it on out of my system fast...if ya know what I mean. I still weigh 166...even with all the vindaloo...very strange.

I am still aiming for 165...which I hope to be my next monday...I am working hard...staying within my calories range.

Meal Plan for today
Breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
Lunch: smoked salmon with grilled vegetables and salad
dinner: whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce and a bit of parmesan
snacks: yogurt, apple and maybe mixed berries
beverages: water, tea and diet soda

exercise: pilates

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-27-2004, 05:36 PM   #140  

Cyan,
You have got a good program going there for you. Consolidating all the diets into one, and it's working for you. That's the way to do it. I am sorry to hear that you mom isn't doing too well again.
I hope you can get her back on her meds.

Cjunk, I haven't taken Alex to the rock wall, that is something I want to look for here. More stuff geared to his age. That really sounds cool, so I must try that. I want to ride a bike again, but I have a bad fear of them, since I was younger, some guy in a car grabbed me while riding my bike and sped away and then let me go and I went flying off my bike and fractured my elbow and arm. Since then, I haven't gotten on a bike.

I bought an exercise ball today, so I am gonna try all the leg exercises, since I can't do anything that would strain my back. I will let you know what I think of it.

I am off for a 4 day weekend, so you all have a great one, and I will check in later.

See ya.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:16 PM   #141  
Blooming Day by Day

Hi, everyone--sorry I haven't been in for a while. I forgot how hard the last few weeks of the school year are--trying to wrap things up, deciding what needs to get done and what can be skipped, starting to get grades ready. I've learned there is a whole lot of paperwork involved in teaching elementary that I never had in high school--administrative stuff, that is. Not to mention the stacks of papers I'm trying to get graded before the end. I still have an end-of-the-year reading test to give and grade. I just graded the recent unit test--took me a week! And there are still the five or so discipline problems in my class that I'm trying to keep under control, plus dealing with the usual parents. There also are end-of-the-year activities that my older daughter is involved in that also bring more traveling, time usage, etc. All in all, I'm pretty stressed out --not making very good food choices as a result. Last weigh-in was last week. I was one pound up--159 lbs. I tend to pick cookies as a snack. The stress is also causing me to have a bit of trouble with my obsessive-compulsive disorder. Stress worsens the symptoms of that condition. I tend to get very unsure of myself and very perfectionistic, checking to be sure that I filled out forms correctly and imagining that I have made a mistake on this project or that one, rechecking to be sure I did it right, and imagining catastrophe if I didn't --stuff like that--basically ruminating on details and feeling quite anxious a good part of the time. I tend to find a possible mistake to dwell/obsess on, which will stick in my mind for an extended period. In addition to my prozac, to deal with it, I use a type of behavior therapy which I was taught--because my brain is basically physically stuck in an anxious mode when I get like this--because of too much stress. I look for an activity that makes me feel good, and I focus on it as fully as I can for a solid period of time--and then the anxiety and rumination usually fade, at least for the time being. I may have to repeat the process often if the rumination and worry come back. The worst thing I can do is to buy into my anxiety, because then I just get more and more anxious. Believe me, when my last day at work--June 15--comes, I'll be a happy girl. Then it's two months off!!! I'm going to take good care of myself, and get my food and brain back in order. I get concerned about myself when I have an OCD attack, because I have been very sick in the past with it, even disabled a couple of times. I've come a long way with this disease--had it since I was 8 but only diagnosed when I was 28--nearly 20 years ago, and it usually doesn't play much of an active role in my life, but it still worries me when I have symptoms because I remember the difficult times.

Cyan, I am so thrilled at your success these days. What you are doing is helping me remember that I can get back to it--that I am just going through a difficult time right now.

Lisa, I hope everything with your grades works out for you. I know how hard it is when you have worked so hard for something, and you are short of your goal. Don't be too hard on yourself, though. I never could have coped with going to school AND having a new baby at the same time. You're amazing to even be able to fit the two in. Don't sell yourself short. You are doing great.

Well, I've got to go. I cut the grass this morning--good body and mind therapy--while hubby did the grocery shopping and mailed the bills. I messed up our state income tax this year and had to send amended returns to the states of Illinois and Indiana--remember I used to work in Indiana?--so he mailed those too. I also have graded 4 sets of papers today and taken a nap. Hubby and girls are going to the movies and dinner tonight. I am going to church and have the evening to myself. I will probably grade a few more papers and then find something mindless but interesting on TV. That is one of my OCD focusing activities. After school is out, we are going to get satellite TV. Right now we don't even have cable, but hubby wants to watch NASCAR every weekend, not just what is on the network. I'm sure I'll like what's on it too.

Well, I'm really going now. See you all later.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:01 PM   #142  
I will make it!

Happy Memorial Day fellow american friends...

I had a very bad food day on saturday...after working for 2 1/2 hours on my car...washing, vacuuming and waxing..very detailed...we went out for chinese food...bad bad bad

We ordered baked soft shell crabs...they were battered and fried instead...we ordered steamed ginger lobster..they were battered and fried...we ordered fried calimari...general tao chicken...egg roll and won ton soup...I plugged it all in to fitday...close to 2000 cals ingested on saturday...no I didnt lose a pound so I didnt make my goal of 165...ack

So I will be dilligent for the rest of this week

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: bran cereal with skim milk
lunch: ham sandwich on whole wheat pita
dinner: chili con carne..home made
snacks: yogurt, banana, and applesauce
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: pilates

Have a great day

Cyan
Old 05-31-2004, 06:33 PM   #143  

Happy Memorial Day. Well, yesterday was a great food day for me. I did very well. Today we had a church picnic and they had fried chicken, YUMMY, so of course I had 4 drumsticks. Then I had 2 deviled eggs. Yummy. Then I had some coleslaw and some other salad...not sure what it was. YUMMY. Then....well, I had 3 cookies, then a chocolate chip cookie bar, then some fruit...then a snickerdoodle cookie...Well, it just went downhill from there. Oh well. I told my hubby that it was Memorial Day so I was rememberbing what it was like to Eat yummy bad food. Tonight we're having steak and pea salad so that will be okay. Hubby is cooking out on the grill.

I hope you all have a great holiday and I'll chat more tomorrow!!

Lisa
Old 06-02-2004, 11:10 AM   #144  

Hey girls! Where is everyone? I was thinking of having a summer challenge of some sort. Any interest? Also...we should consider starting a new thread as this one is LONG!!!

Lisa
Old 06-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #145  
I will make it!

Hey Lisa

Good idea on starting a new thread..go for it.

I have been on a mini plateau so I am still at 166..ack ack ack...so I have combined pilates and cycling last night and hope to do the same today.

Wish me luck

Hey Lisa...what happened with the school...did they revise your 6points?

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: seafood salad with chickpeas
dinner: tuna salad with side salad
snacks: 2 nectarines and 2 peaches
beverages: water, tea and diet soda

Exercise: pilates and cycling

have a great day

Cyan
Old 06-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #146  
Blooming Day by Day

Hey, ladies! I'll do the honors and start the new thread as long as I'm here! Look for Diet, Exercise & Support #8. See you there! Barb
Closed Thread