Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:43 AM   #376  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy sunny Tuesday!

Spring is sprunging today! All my daffodils are sunny side up (versus face down like they were 2 days ago when it was 19 degrees in the a.m.!) and we've been seeing babies!!!! Foals, lambs and bunnies o' plenty around here! And, I saw my first quails of the year.... it makes me happy

Well, the herb class is out. They said it was $50/mo. but didn't say it was for 8 months! That's $400. I can think of a LOT of other things I need to do with $400... so, off to self-betterment without someone's assistance (as it should be?????)

Cerise, dahling, you MUST wear earplugs!!!! I'm amazed I have any hearing after the 80's and bands like Poison, Ozzy, Black Crows and Davie Lee Roth (and that yummy Steve Via...) . EARPLUGS NEXT TIME!!!!! (shouting for a reason this time )
I think you should find a group! Celtic centered groups are pretty common (hesitate to use "common" though) - matter of fact, one of our girls just picked up and moved to Ireland last November.

Zadie, so what did you think of Eternal Sunshine? I've heard that it's Jim Carrey's best work....? Sorry to hear about the graphiti - that would, well, it would make me mad (but that's not quite what I want to say!).

Eydie, yes, I'm having a blast with this group of women!!! Yesterday I just found out that I'm getting May 3rd off for us to go to Newport, Oregon. We'll be staying in one of the sister's ocean-front condo and hold full moon ritual on the beach. Besides never having been to Oregon's coast, I think ritual on the beach, at night, under a full moon, is going to be just beyond words...

Kaylets, you have a way of saying things that touch me so deeply, and you probably don't even realize it in the least. Your thought for the day "this too shall pass"... that saying got me through the last ugly year of my marriage, my divorce, my grandmothers dying, moving from all my friends... I repeated it daily a 100 times. In reading it in your post today I realized that life's been so good - even with my mom's cancer, that I haven't felt the need to say it. I'm not "just hanging on" anymore! Thank you for the eye opener.
Also, I totally believe that loosing weight put off menopause, just a gut feeling (no pun intended).

Anagram, you will indeed be in my thoughts. Please let us know how you're doing ok??

Well loves, must away to get some work done!

Terri
Old 04-06-2004, 12:03 PM   #377  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning!

Cranky, whiny and out-of-sorts today. Then I remembered that I'm probably feeling this way because --- I'm feeling, instead of stuffing those nasty feelings way way down with food. Ok. Well, I'll feel this way, see what I can do to feel better (going on a little shopping expedition for potted bulbs and other mood-enhancers -- transference of substance abuse? Oh well.)

Anagram, you're in my prayers, and I'm sending good vibes as well. Here's to those headaches meaning nothing much at all.

Kaylets, thanks for the gentleness idea -- I think a number of us could use some right now! Re: surgery to resemble a celebrity = surely the apocalypse is nigh?

Punkin, your weekend sounded very cool indeed! Why am I not surprised to hear you're a talented sculptress? Just seems right, some how.

Eydie, weird when that happens with communications, isn't it. I know sometimes it seems like I can't get in synch, can't really click with people the way I do other times. Sigh... Funny -- Mercury retrograde is supposed to be causing communication problems right now, too. Do I begin to believe in this stuff?

Cerise, I have problems with journaling too. I'd love to do this "naturally" and just eat the proper amount of (oh, so healthful) food when I was hungry and never give food a second thought the rest of the time. And I've actually done that in the past, but really need to be in a special frame of mind to do it. Not there right now, so I'm slogging along, doing the journaling. Mostly. Sounded like you had a v. lovely weekend

Zadie, Wednesday is likely a good day for WI. I more-or-less dove off the wagon mid-afternoon on Sunday, and had eaten a bit more than I should have for dinner on Saturday. Scrounged out a 1.4 loss, but the rest of my week had been so stellar I might have reached my Easter goal. Ah well, onward!

Amarantha, WTG on the .5 gone. Hooray!

Ok, I'm going to get some work done. That would be considered a good thing, right? Love to all!
Old 04-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #378  
Spreadin' the luv.

Exclamation Barbaric YAWP

'Morning, Mystical Moon Sisters.

I'm pre-coffee, post-severe-PMS-episode, only got 6 hours of sleep last night but I think I'm OK. Hang on: S-I-I-I-P. A-h-h-h-hhhh. Much betta.

So, you ask, what severe PMS-episode? Ugh. I got kinda wiggy with Ramon last night. I was still cooking dinner when he got home at 10:15 (I just LOVE the nights when he closes the store). He hung around in the kitchen to say hey for a while, then I was scurrying around so much that he got out of the way (you know when you have PMS and people around you can feel that they're in the way?). He sat down and started plunking away on our awful, POS guitar - he'd strum a few chords, then start tuning it, strum, tune, over and over. For half an hour while I'm sauteeing spinach and trying not to scream. I hate listening to people practice even when I'm sane. And I was not sane. Eventually I plunked down bowls of rice, spinach and veggies and did the human version of snarling and barking at him for about 3 minutes (him with a "what is your DEAL?" look on his face) then ended the tirade with "...and I think I have PMS". Wish that'd been the first thing I said. Then Ramon could have endured the harangue with a bland look on his face, knowing that none of it made sense and I didn't mean any of it. Guh. Bloody Moon. Goddang PMS. In case you're all thinking that I'm a termagant (and you wouldn't be too far off), remember that I apologized and was freely forgiven at least 20 times, and that it really only happens once a month. Ramon usually has warning, too. Poor man.

Darling Anagram, my prayers are with you today. Good for you for getting things checked on quickly. I wonder if those weird hormones you took are still ricocheting around in your poor body...anyway, wishing you gentle days and restful sleep, dearest.

Punkin, thank you for your concern for my ears, you rocker, you. The ringing is going away and I can hear fine, thank god. Your herb class cost $400? Eeks. Thanks for the info. on the women's groups. Oh, I can't wait for you to experience the OR Coast!! It's SO beautiful...I think that being on the beach in a full moon would nearly kill me with delight. I'm really excited that you've found a gift for sculpting, honey. Tell us more...

QOD: Kaylets, are you talking about those women that are getting total plastic surgery makeovers on TV? My first reaction is "How monstrous" but then, I like the way I look just fine, for the most part. I don't know - I guess my second reaction is "Don't judge. Maybe this is a great thing for them." Hey, I wouldn't say no to a breast reduction. I say it's for other than aesthetic reasons (back pain, awkward to run, etc.), but that wouldn't be the whole truth.

Your cycle this month sounds like a proper bugger, my poor dear. Just stay alive and try not to maim anyone for the next few days, and it'll pass, right? I'm so proud of you; surely the resurgence of you feminine woes IS the result of healthy changes you've made, and even though menstruation continues to wreak havoc on your skin, water balance and disposition, I'm still glad it's around for you. Remember that ginger tea cures a host of ills.

Eydie, how's things your way? Soon there'll be a giant sucking sound heard in the East as everyone around you simultaneously removes their heads from their -es and starts to treat you right, luv. Chin up until then. Re: contacting me...do it! Do it! I dare you. Make my day.

Arabella, this dang moon is making us all lose our minds, isn't it? Good for you for feeling what you're feeling today, my dear. And thanks for your take on journalling, too. I know what you're describing exactly re: eating good food and ignoring the journal. It happens, but not as often as we'd like. I just made the observation that I'd truly rather be fat than record my intake on a clipboard (exaggeration, of course, but this is me talking). It sounds horrible, doesn't it, but I'm doing my best to keep things real up in my head and if that's the way my priorities are sorting themselves out right now, then hey, at least I'm aware of it. I don't think those are my only choices, though, I really don't.

Speaking of astrology and do you really buy it, I had a "moment" that coincided beautifully with the horoscope you wrote for Gemini. It said that this was MY month for gettin' somethin' started; I'd get signs, guidance, whatever (I'm wildly paraphrasing). Basically I got this message: this is a good month to put yourself "out there" and reap the whirlwind. So, I wasn't thinking about it at all as I wandered around the market yesterday looking for dinner (you know, The Market. Pike's Place Market. How lucky am I?). I heard/saw an old guy on a guitar doing that Stones song, "Wild Horses". It stopped me in my tracks; I love that song so much. There was a lady standing opposite him leaning on her on-end guitar case, obviously waiting her turn to play at that station for coins, singing softly along. Tourists and locals with baskets whizzing by...I grinned at her, stood right by her and started singing along, much louder, harmonizing even on the chorus. Talk about really putting yourself out there. There I was in my work clothes and bags, getting glances from passers-by, but I sounded good, girl, and so did Annie (waiting player) and the guy playing. Annie and I exchanged some friendly words, then I put a dollar in the guy's guitar case and tripped off. A real moment, so rare. Love those, don't you? I feel like you sort of facilitated it for me, 'Bella, I really do, with your horoscope. Who's the bigger fruit, you or me?

All right, love in copious amounts to Wildfire, Ceara, Frogger, Zadie, et al.

Going to down the rest of my coffee and get to work!!

Last edited by Cerise; 04-06-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:58 PM   #379  
deleted2

Anagram, sending many prayers your way. The human frame is so weird, it really is most likely some fluke---but reassurance is always good.

Kaylets, thanks for the reminder to treat ourselves gently. Why is it so easy to forget?

Punkinseed, full moon ritual under a full moon, and on the beach too. [swoon...]

Arabella, funny that you brought up mercury in retrograde. Someone mentioned that to me the other day. I don't know exactly what it means, onl that everything is generally supposed to go to **** for awhile? Goody.....!

About my current communication stuff, it's not really that so much. I've just been working with the public alot, and part of my job is attending the programs at work and I observe a lot of stuff, and I see so many people being unkind and unaware and it's really distressing to me and I'm especailly sensitive to it for some reason. Maybe that mercury retrograde thing?

Cerise, I'm a gemini too. Now that I think about it, we have the same birthday, remember? I'm intrigued by the idea of throwing myself out there too---I mean what's the worst that could happen? Ever feel like there's so much you want to do and explore and experience that you're overwhelmed and paralyzed? That's where I am now. Nothing to it but to do it, I guess!
I'll keep you all posted on my progress, you lucky women!

Where's Frogger? Anybody heard anything?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #380  
Empress/Queen

Sending 50,000 : thy way, Anagramatic!!!! Please get thy poor head to behave and find out what's going on with thee!!!! Get well!!!

Punkin!!! Hi!!!

Hi, to all s (mentioned and unmentioned) ... I am sorry, but I need to take a shower, eat lunch and get back to work!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #381  

Cerise, my dove, I do not know whether 'tis you or I who is the bigger fruit, but I've never heard a worthier challenge! I'm gonna let my freak flag fly!
Old 04-06-2004, 06:44 PM   #382  
Spreadin' the luv.

Do it! Do it! Do it!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #383  
Empress/Queen

Well, I'm confused because it looks as though someone has made a challenge here but I can't figure out what it is, so I'm going to go and do some more of my Wai Lana tapes ... since I bought three when I can't afford it, I'm going to use them every other day. (Wai Lana is a TV yoga instructor that's on in the middle of the night here and I've always found her so soothing and I love how she wears costumes that make her look like a bird of paradise flower, so when I found the tapes, I had to have them and also my body needs yoga ... sorry, is this a run-on sentence and does it make any sense, probably not, I detailed my victory over sugar and depression in the food thread so the brain's still in shock).

Er, rambling.

I really need some friends like Punkin's group. All of my remaining friends are journalists and we are depressing.

Ok, bye!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:54 PM   #384  
Empress/Queen

Oh, forgot the QOD ... hmmm. I personally would not do plastic surgery to look like a celebrity but if that's what floats folks boats ...

Sounds painful to me.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:17 AM   #385  

Good morning, All!

Just a fly-by this morning. Had a difficult day with my son yesterday. He's depressed, for a lot of real reasons: was prescribed 6 more months of anti-psychotics, when he thought he might be able to stop taking them; interviewed for a job that he thinks he won't get; realized that he will have to almost completely stop smoking pot because it impedes his progress; realized that if he isn't smoking, that will affect his relationship with his friends; and the situational stuff -- living in parents basement, running out of money and no income, no girlfriend, no plan for the future. Then he had a computer crash and problems getting his bike ready to get on the road.

All added up to him actually punching himself in the head (several times, because it's hard to do much damage without being able to get a good wind-up ) so he would have physical pain to focus on instead of the emotional pain.

I talked to him a lot about how you have to work so hard at feeling better, remember that this is just how you feel now and will be over (this too shall pass), and changing your perspective can have a profound effect. Today's his birthday, and I surely hope we can make it okay...

I was glad i'd gone to tai chi last night. I'm sure it helped me deal with him more calmly than i might have otherwise.

I just heard him get up. Later! Let's take this day and make the best we can of it. Love to all!
Old 04-07-2004, 07:19 AM   #386  

Morning! The challenge involves "throwing yourself out there", Empress. See Wood Nymph and Cerise. (I'm feeling somewhat hermit like myself at the moment.)

Yes, Cerise, I did like 'Cold Mountain'. It was indeed overly gory and I don't really like that part but it made a point or two. It had a story with it. I'm not necessarily a Kidman fan but she did the role well and Rene Z was great. Lots of good points about woman and what they can do etc. When they finally got to it, love scene sort of made me giggle because it was supposed to be freezing cold outside and they had no external heat and I just can't believe they'd have taken as long completely bare naked in the cold as the movie scene did. Long movie, several unexpected twists. Last wrap up part a bit trite but again adds to strong woman theme that I saw in the movie

Wood Nymph, Cerise - making my day to read of your energetic and passionate "freakiness" and competition therein.

Tea calling.

Last edited by anagram; 04-07-2004 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:20 AM   #387  

Hello all!

Still dragging this week and in fact, was only going to just buzz by but saw my name and the wonderful things so many of you had to say and have to tell you all how much it meant! You have lifted my mood and reminded me too, that yes, this too will pass, we have been thru worse, we are not alone.

Also found this great Motivator posted yesterday on my WW's thread...
Hope you enjoy....

Update on the little girl w/ the liver tumor-- was doing very well but has spiked a fever which keeps returning as soon as the meds wear off... they readmitted her early ( her chemo is done as inpatient) to monitor... please keep her in your thoughts... there is a worry that the Tylenol/codeine was masking a fever( infection)....

As you can see, I am running late ...
I'll try and check in later as I need to read every line... As an Old Hippie, sounds like there's fun things happening....

Thought of the day :

"Two men look out through the same bars. One sees the mud and one the stars."

......F. Langbridge

Question of the day :

"What are your weekend plans?"

Annoyed no more

Life is too precious to spend it being annoyed. The sooner you move past being annoyed, the better each moment will be.
If you find something annoying and it's something you can change, then quickly take the necessary steps to make it better. Redirect the negative energy of your annoyance into making a useful and positive contribution to life.

When something annoys you that you cannot do anything about, let yourself rise above it. There's no point in wasting your time and energy being concerned with it.

You can choose to be annoyed by something, and you can just as easily choose not to let it get to you. Annoyance is nothing more than a reaction, one that is under your complete control.

When you become annoyed, it distracts you and can cast everything in a negative light. Once your annoyance has gotten your attention, there is no good reason for it to continue.

One way or another, quickly move whatever annoys you. Be free to focus on those good and valuable things that truly matter.

-- Ralph Marston

Old 04-07-2004, 07:23 AM   #388  

Wood Nymph, posting with you. Sorry to hear of your intense challenges yesterday and send hugs and hopes that today will be better. Birthdays are so special (esp. to the one who gave birth) but not necessarily when you're battling all your ds is. Hope it comes to him today as a boon rather than another reason to be depressed. Hang in. Mom's love can work wonders.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:01 PM   #389  

Update: My son is in a much better frame of mind this morning. He's ready to try to deal with life, and do those things that he knows will make him feel better. I found a great birthday quote for his card -

Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that G-d invested in you at birth is present once again. Comes from: http://www.chabad.org/generic.asp?AID=55195 Although my son is not religious at all, there seems to be some universal truth here.

Anagram, thanks for your kind words. You're right, Mom's love can work wonders, and it doesn't matter if we don't even do everything right, if we feel ill-equipped to deal with the situation, etc. We just need to have the right intention, and the unconditional love.

Is your MRI today? Sending prayers your way!

Kaylets, thanks for the wit and wisdom, as always! QOD: I'm hosting a big Easter brunch/birthday party for two sisters and Matthew on Sunday. Good news: I finally went out and bought a replacement for the dishwasher that crapped out a couple of weeks after we bought this house and it will be installed tomorrow -- no hours washing dishes after everyone leaves. YAY!!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:15 PM   #390  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' all!

Just got off the phone with our Bo-beana, we were doing some planning for the 3rd annual California Invasion (T-6 weeks and counting). I've been doing some house-spiffing in preparation - painted the guest bathroom last night, a color called "melted ice cream" (think melted neopolitan all stirred up). What a JOB!!!! It took me longer to paint that little bathroom than it took me to paint my room! But it looks purdy!

Eydie, Mercury in retrograde huh?? I hadn't heard, but it does explain a LOT about yesterday.... When Mercury goes retrograde communication gets all fouled up, what you mean comes out wrong, feelings are easily hurt and all that. What it means astronomicaly is that it *appears* that Mercury is moving backwards against the rotation of the Earth. It's just an optical illusion of course, but what an effect it has! When it goes retro I usually try to be very precise with what I'm saying, not put a lot of emotion into responding to what I *think* someone means, etc...

Amarantha, HI right back atcha'! I too am feeling the yoga bug - need to break out that mat and get'ta "oooohm"'ing.

Cerise, how cool are you???? Breaking out into song like that! I bet it did feel like a moment out of the movies... how fun! One of those "all is right in the world" moments, I'm sure.
Sculpy is what I've been using for sculpting. Michael's has the colored variety on sale this week and I'm heading there after work today for some play stuff! I showed my mom the 2 sculptures I made this weekend at my workshop (both Goddess themed as was the point of the workshop). She didn't care for my offering bowl ("it's a bowl with boobs") that we were shown how to make, but was very impressed with my free-style Goddess. She's pregnant, sitting with one knee up and her other leg cocked underneith with her ankles hooked. She's got one arm back propping herself up a little and the other hand is on her pregnant belly and her head is looking down and tilted a little - the feeling of wonder in the pose wasn't intentional, but it's there! She doesn't have a face, somewhat on purpose - since we're ALL the Goddess, why should she look like one person? I'll have to see if I can scan a picture of her...

Arabella, happy birthday to your ds... I hope he enjoys his day and can somehow find a way to focus on what he does have, people who love and care about him, the ability to make new non-drug using friends and that the job for him is out there! I think it's normal to question what you're doing with your life and the situation you're in... God knows I did it a LOT in my 20's, usually with a lot of tears and feelings of desperation. Sometimes I wonder if it wasn't some sort of requirement to go through all that to grow up...

Anagram, thank you for your thoughts on Cold Mountain. I'll still watch it, but if I hadn't known about what you mentioned (the violence esp.) I might've been disappointed - thinking it was just a romance movie or something. Ya know how you have to have a mind-frame for a movie ahead of time? (or is that just me?)

Kaylets, here's to not letting ANYTHING or ANYONE annoy us today!

Well all, I should get some work done....

Terri
Closed Thread