Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #16  
GmaTo8

Hello Ladies,

Angie - it is so cool that you found Denise's father! I bet she is nervous and excited. Glad you are sleeping in - ya gotta take it where you can get it... sleep, I mean, lol.

Cristi - YAY for you!! Losing 2 pounds!! It feels good, doesn't it? I hate to paint or I'd come and help you...(yeah, right!!) I like all the colors in rooms instead of white and beige. It's funny how trends come back in....

Marti - I meant for you to use a piece of glass to cut stuff on with that sharp thingy so you don't cut the table. No wonder you had a headache, doing all the scrapbooking..... it sure is fun, though, isn't it? And you are doing a GREAT job!

Susan - hey, I'm sure you have talents elsewhere! Re the black-eyed peas, I don't eat them, but know they are really good for you - loaded with protein. Dale eats them. He's from Mississipi - 'nuff said. Rebecca may need some pain reliever after getting the braces on.

Well, I'm headed back to Evansville again. My sister wants me to go to Sears with her, because she needs (ok, wants) new curtains in her kitchen. And I'm sure I can find something I can't live without!

I'm still OP and feeling so good!
BBL,
Jana
Old 02-10-2004, 12:39 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

I have half an hour before I leave to meet up with Shanna! We're going to compare our books.

Thank you Jana for letting me know what you think! I think they look like beginner pages!! I was talking to Jhanai on the phone and telling her that I finally started it and she said that she wants to help. I told her that I would just buy her own and she can put it anyway she wants too. I would help with the cutting of coarse......let's see how long she'll want to do this!

Susan--I was just talking to James yesterday about needing to go take walks around the neighborhood now that the weather is looking closer to Spring!

(btw...did anyone here if we're having a longer Winter??? Did the Groundhog see it's shadow or not??!!?)

But I have increased my water intake and my meals are smaller than before...so I know it's the exercise. I have told Shanna before that I usually don't have to worry at all about what I eat when I'm working out. (so what's stopping me!!) So, soon I will be walking and biking all over Cottage Grove! I really am looking forward to more sun. It just does something for me!

Angie--Did you hear anything about the phone call yet?? I've been thinking about it since I read your post!! I think it's just so awesome. That is of coarse, if both parties are wanting to see each other. If the father isn't interested, it could get pretty sticky! Unfortunately, I don't talk much with my mother....ever since my half sister (that I met for the first time when we found her) moved to Oregon, everytime we get a phone call, all we hear is "how is Athena", "what is Athena doing"....blah blah blah!! After 20 some years you would think she would like to catch up a little. Don't get me wrong, I still call her and send her holiday and birthday cards, the phone calls are just not as often!

Cristi--Yes....would you mind posting some of your scrapbook pages? That would be fun! I'm going to have to convince Shanna to do the same. And Katie you too!! Maybe we ought to start a "crafts and stuff" thread!!

Ok... I need to primp up some more before I leave....

Hi to Shanna, Katie,& Kayecee!!!

Take Care
Marti
Old 02-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hello Ladies~

Boy, what a day yesterday. I sure felt it when I went to bed last night. I did some more packing, got my closet cleaned and packed except for the clothes of course. Of course got my laundry done and went ahead and did my ironing also. That ironing board has been in my bedroom for a month now. I've got two boxes and two bags of stuff to take to the goodwill, and will do a bit more packing later. Boy, I am sooooo very glad my kids are the ages they are and can do their own rooms. I will be done by this weekend for sure. Of course it only gets harder from there on out. Oh well, gotta be done.

Angie~thanks for the tips. I didn't realize that and it is good to know. I meant to thank you yesterday, I received your (Valentine) card. Have you heard anything from Denise? That is cool you found her father. My nephew was searching for his dad a few years ago. He thought he found him, but the guy he found claimed he knew nothing about him or what he was talking about. My sister wouldn't tell him anything about him either. She got pregnant by this married guy who lied to her and said he had filed for divorce from his wife and once it was final they would get married.

Jana~ yes, it does feel good to lose!! I am going to keep that "losing" streak to, I can't afford to gain anymore. Have fun shopping with your sister.

Marti~didn't I tell you scrapbooking is addicting? You get hooked real easy, and yes it does get costly! I would definitely go for the punches over the scissors. I only have one pair of scissors that cut out the pretty edges. The punches are fun though. I will try to post some of my pages in the next few days. DS has a digital camera that I need to borrow, my pages are too wide to fit through the copier/scanner so I can't do it that way.

Susan~I did catch Dr. Phil yesterday and I just felt so sorry for that 600 lb. lady, till Dr. Phil said she manipulates people into bringing her food to her. they should be trying to help her instead of feeding her donuts, candy and chips. I just could not imagine being that big and not being able to do anything. Did you see her legs? Did someone mention black-eyed peas?? Mmmmm, I love them, of course no one in this house does. I cook them anyway for myself. They are really good with rice.

Hi Kayecee, Shanna & Katie

I better get going ladies, time for Dr. Phil, and more packing! I will try to check back later. It didn't happen last night. I was almost done with my ironing and when I went ot hang the last thing up I turned around and DS beat me to it-darn him. Anyway, EVERYONE have a GREAT rest of the day!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #19  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I remember packing,,,Monte was here in Calgary and I was in Sylvan...I did all hte packing,,,we then moved it all to a storage cantainer. for what was suppose to be 5 weeks which turned out to be 10. I still have probably 5 boxes of stuff down stairs. Plus I didnt' bring up all my boxes of ornaments after teh christmas stuff went down. Pretty bad eh? What I need is a huge garage sale. But thing is I was given most of those things...and just can't part with something someone bought me ya know what I mean?
Im glad I could help you Cristi, new houses of a tendency to make people believe everything is great. But for me the paint was the biggest thing I didn't like. The second was the nails sometimes popping with the tempeture changes. What you need for that is a rubber hammer,,,lightly tap them back inwithout damaging the paint. Its a techinque you will learn...lol
I have yet to hear from Denise...Im thinking it could take her a while to get her nerve to call him..or to get her friend to call him.
I went to the library for a soapmaking book,,,don't know where the one I had yesterday went...lol But I ended up in the craft area...bad bad place. So I have 2 books and 4 bottles of paint,,,and etc etc...
So my idea is,,,painting Tanners room a light blue grey,,,,and doing a dry brushing look to it. In both directions,,,giving it a denim look. And since his duvet cover is denim...whadda ya think?
Brandon's room Im thinking of crackle. You can buy this crackle spray paint...and with again a light blue,,,and some yellow trim or vice versa. His duvet cover is blue and yellow stripes.
For my room I think I will paint it a light gold tone,,,with a dark purple shiny color along the top in triangle shapes. Its a matter of moving all the big heavy furniture.
Well I should get off this thing...
night all
Angie
Old 02-10-2004, 11:57 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

Hi to you all crafty ladies!!

It is cute to read how you are all are so craetive!!

I am at work and kind of tired but wanted to check in and see how you all were doing.

Cristi~ Take it easy on that packing!
Moving is no fun,I just throw everything away with each move. I know that is stupid but I hate packing!I think I have moved 3 times in 3 years........before that I lived in the same lace for 11 years.Now I want to move back to the coast....lol
Wasn't Dr. Phil good yesterday? I missed most of the show but think he gives such good advice.
I liked when he told the lady not to *blame* herself for her weight because that was a negative.She was however responsible and in control of the weight.
I did see her legs, she looks SO uncomfortable at 611. I think the legs weighed different? I think one weighed 225 by itself? I hope I am getting that right. Anyway, look forward to her weight loss, she deserves to get her life back.
Today was the "Family In Crisis".....that one kind of upset me. I don't know if I could put my children through all the public attention.
Thinking of you and you r move! You also lost 2 more pounds?? CONGRATS.....

Also, that is really neat about Denise, Angie! It must feel so satisfying to help someone , especially when they are looking for a parent. Hope everything works out ok, and pat yourself on the back!! You did something good.

Hi Jana......I think I am a yard person.....lol. I like being out in the yard working, mowing,planting, trimming.That is what I enjoy doing.I think I miss that living in the city. I even have thought of getting a landscaping job.....lol. I know, what a loon.......
I don't really like Black Eye Peas myself. I think I needed to cook them a little more, but it was good and hearty. My favorite beans would be Lima, and I kind of like Tofu too......
Did you say you spent the day with your sister?? Do you have a big family? You have grandchildren too? What are the ages? Just curious......

Marti- Hi.......you have fun with Shanna today? It is beautiful up here in Portland. I think the groundhog DID see it's shadow a few weeks back.
It is SO nice to finally have longer days, will make it easier to be outside.
I was meaning to say that eating less is not a good thing. I was kind of teasing with that, I probably shouldn't. When you hit a wall counting back on calorie intake is that last thing you want to do. Anyway, you probably know that already. I just wanted to clarify........and ramble.........lol.....

I had a great day!
My Rebecca finally got her braces on!She looks really nice in them , though she came home afterward not feeling well.Hope tomorrow she will be back in school.
Gabrielle is into everything and was very naughty today....lol....She keeps me on my toes, that is for sure.
Rachel is my busy social butterfly, doing great in school and loves sports.

Hi to EVERYONE!

I best get to work

Talk later,
Susan
Old 02-10-2004, 11:59 PM   #21  
kitty Momo

Ugh,,,,,,,sorry about the typos!!

I guess I am tired.

Susan
Old 02-11-2004, 12:53 AM   #22  

Evening ladies--

I had to get away from the scrapbooking!! I'll never get any homework done! So I have decided that I am not allowed any kind of scrapbooking until ALL homework is finished first!!

My visit with Shanna was very nice. That girl has so many craftying ideas! She should own her own little studio!! That'd give her some room to do it all in! I myself really need to find a better place to do my "fun" time. Sitting on the floor at the coffee table can bring terrible aches on the shoulders!! I think I'll rearrange the office and make one side a craft room. (that would take energy and creativity on my part and I really don't have the motivation to figure out how to rearrange!!) So maybe someday!!

Weather was gorgeous today!! Ok,,, let me clarify that, the sun was out it felt wonderful but the air was very nippy!! My bones ache from shivering! But only at the school! Once I got home, I was sitting on my patio enjoying it all!

Angie--Good idea to start that craft thread. I'm going to delete my post in the photo thread and repost it in the proper area. Need to keep it all organized around here!! Make sure you post some artwork of yours! That includes hair coloring if you have too!

Cristi--You exhausted me when I read your post about moving. Memories.......I do not want to ever have to move again....so I'm hoping to grow old gracefully in this house. (Unless of coarse, I win the lottery and I can buy something much better ....something with a basement!! and I can hire some movers!!.)

Susan--I can't imagine how your daughter must feel having braces, since I've never had them, but I feel for her. Anything painful in the mouth is just awful! My daughter needs braces and they told me that she'll need them in the next year or so. Poor kids!!

Ok...I have a few more things of homework to do and then I'm going to attempt to go to bed early!! That'll be something!!!

Hello Jana!!

Shanna, Kayecee, Katie.....hello to you too, I hope we hear from you soon!!

Take Care girls
Marti
Old 02-11-2004, 01:11 AM   #23  
kitty Momo

Hi Marti,

I am heading home.

Did I ask what you were studying? You are a student & mother?
I did see a picture of your daughter, she is very pretty!

I have Rebecca`s medicine in the back of my car, I had gone and bought her something for the pain. I also bought her some drops for her sore throat.
She did really well today.She has buck teeth and has been teased about it.
I think she will endure ANY pain to not be teased, she is a sweetie.
I had braces for 2 years when I was 18, no fun.It is worth it though.

I better go, super tired.

Your scrapbooking looks lovely!!!!

Maybe when I get my tax refund back I will invest in some supplies and start myself.

Take care,
Susan
Old 02-11-2004, 01:20 AM   #24  

Finished up the homework so I thought I would post again real quick.....

Susan--I'm updating my skills in Office Assistance. Yeah...pretty much a secretary...I had gotten my certificate back in '96 but didn't put it to use. And when Sony closed, I thought I should use my skills that I went to school for.....but I was outdated!! Who knew? So I'm just updating my old self!!

Jhanai lives with her dad. I have her every other weekend and Every holiday and birthday. I asked her dad how he's going to feel when she decides to move in with me.....he doesn't want to think about it! She is such a daddy's girl. Jhanai doesn't have buck teeth, but she has over crowded teeth. And they are all coming in crooked! I need to get her into the dentist soon to get some teeth pulled!

Ok...I guess I will actually do what I said I was going to do and try to get to sleep early!!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Marti
Old 02-11-2004, 01:29 AM   #25  
Give me strength

Susan give Rebecca a hug...tell her Ill send something for her soon. I remember my teeth feeling so sore that I could barely eat. If it couldn't fit in a straw I didn't eat.
Maybe Ill send her some scrapbook sheets so she can start her own book...lol

have a great night all
Angie
Old 02-11-2004, 08:26 AM   #26  
GmaTo8

Good Morning Ladies,

Angie - I got your valentine - thank you very much! Your painting ideas sound great. Maybe you can get a lot of it done before you have to go back to work.

Marti - glad you had such a good time with Jhanai and the scrapbooking. Did you and Shanna have fun? Get both of them to post their scrapbook pages, too, okay?

Cristi - isn't it amazing how much stuff we accumulate over the years? When we moved out here, I gave a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. Are you excited to be starting out somewhere new? It's like an adventure, isn't it? How far away is it from where you live now?

Susan - I am the "baby" of 7 sisters. My parents had no sons, and my dad used to say if he didn't have to buy nylons and feminine products, he'd be wealthy man, lol. My grandkids are Alex, 8, who lives in Mississippi, the twins, Makenzie and Madison who are almost 20 months, and their baby sister Caylin who was 4 months yesterday. And my son goes with a woman who has 2 girls, Macknezie who is almost 5 and Macy who is a year old. They call me grandma, and I love them as my own. So, I sort of have 6 grandkids, and love every minute of being a grandma. Your typos don't bother us, but if you want, you can click on "edit" when you read what you've posted, and you can change stuff.... be sure to click "save changes" when you are done.

Shanna, Kayecee and Katie - where are you guys???

I had fun with my sister and I stayed 100% OP too!! I hit the motherlode at Sears for spring tops to wear with jeans and capris. Woo-hoo! I bought the size that fits me now, because I need them so badly, but I have a bunch boxed up that are smaller.

Today we are having our propane server changed, so I have to stay home and wait for them.... and the weather is supposed to be sunny and much warmer. I think I will do some raking.

BBL,
Jana
Old 02-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #27  
Give me strength

Jana I got your card yesterday too...Thank you.
I had a saying to go into the card, cause it really isn't a valentines card but when I saw it it reminded me of a really nice saying about quilts and friendship.
Angie
Old 02-11-2004, 11:00 AM   #28  
a work in progress

Hi everybody! I'm still here, haven't forgotten you. I pop on almost every morning and night to read and see how everyone is doing. You're all in my thoughts and prayers (especially when kids have strep throat or slam their fingers in doors!) I sent Valentines to everyone I have an address for. But as usual, I am running late and have to head out the door to work...hopefully I can sit down tonight and actually write something! *hugs*

Making a mad dash out the door....
Katie
Old 02-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Talking Happy Hump Day All~

Angie~I too like all your ideas for your house. Hey, when you are finished with yours you can come over and do mine! I'm not going to get too fancy, just do some painting and put a border in the kitchen, kids bath and the master bath, for now anyway. I just want some color in the house.

Jana~We are only moving about 8 miles from where we are, basically in town. Not the town we live in but another that is closer to Wichita. I definitely won't miss traveling this long road to get home. There is so much traffic to and fro and while the speed limit is 55 no one goes it-it is quite dangerous at times. I have seen my share of wrecks on these two roads we travel to get to this house-I am suprised no one has gotten killed. Well, there was three horses that got out one evening. It was so sad, one was killed in the middle of the street. Luckily the driver of the car wasn't hurt. The deer are what scare me, especially since DH hit one. Anyway, yes it is like an adventure. I was kind of excited but yesterday when I talked to our realtor he asked if we were ready to close on the 17th? I said yes-he said it is a go and it was then that I REALLY, REALLY got excited. I guess with everything that has gone on with the house hunting, for some reason I was expecting something to happen and them say, sorry. And YES, it is amazing how much stuff we accumulate over the years. WOW!

Marti~I have NO intentions of moving for a LOOOOOONG! time after this. This old body can't take this like it used to! And if we do again-I definitely will have someone move us, but it won't be for many, many years. I do want to move back to the country, maybe in 10 or 15 years. Marti, that would be hard scrapbooking on the coffee table. I had my stuff spread out all over the dining room table for so long and finally cleaned it up. I got tired of looking at the mess. So now I have a table in the office but I only take out the stuff when I am working on a project. when we move the table will be in the family room to serve as a game table/scrapbooking table.

Susan~I've never had braces before but can only imagine how they must feel. I bet the first day is odd to your DD Rebecca. By the way I love their names-I adore biblical names and Rebecca & Rachel are two of my favs, those and Sarah. Yes, Dr. Phil was good and I too hope that lady gets her life back. Living in that chair is no way to live. I also saw the Family In Crisis one-WOW! That to upset me. I could not believe that woman, and what is even crazier is her husband staying with her. He must really love her? I wonder if she sees that at all? I mean anyone who has that many affairs and gets pregnant by one of the guys and he is still with her has to love her A LOT! I do hope they can work it out especially for the kids.

Katie~good to see you posting even if it is a quickie.

Hi to Shanna & Kayecee~hope yo ladies are doing fine and enjoying your week.

Okay, I am in a goofy mood since yesterday evening hearing for sure we are closing on the 17th-so I went a little goofy on the color in my post. I am not doing ANY packing today! I am tired of it already! Okay, maybe I will pack a couple of boxes. I bet you ladies will be glad when I finally get moved so you don't have to hear anymore about it! Me too!!!! Well, our little Weight Loss Challenge group got together last night-the first meeting. But without me! I am saddened about that. I received an email Saturday or Sunday to let me know it was a go and who ever was hosting would send their address. I didn't get it, bummer. I so looked forward to that. Anyway, Angie the girl that got it all together forgot the zero in my email address so I didn't get the email. She so apologized a zillion times and said she hopes to see me at Mondays get-together and if I wanted to I could slap her for messing up-those were her words. Of course I would never slap her just kidding. I am glad to finally get that going. I really need the support to lose this weight. I am making a count down calendar for myself to put next to my regular calendar. Not sure exactly how I am going to do it yet. But I am making a goal to get this weight off for our get-together in August. I look so forward to that and want to look good when I meet you ladies! Plus I want to feel good. Sorry, to talk about the move again, but I look so forward to moving because then I won't have to drive somewhere to walk and I can ride my bike around the neighborhoods. Okay, just a chatty kathy today aren't I?? I will check back later this evening ladies. I checked in last night, I guess it was early because I didn't see any new posts so didn't post.

Take care ladies and have a good one today!
Old 02-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - I loved the card!! It reminded me of MIL's patchwork quilts.

Katie - hi, hope you get back for more chat later.

Cristi - even if I stay OP every day between now and when we meet, I will still be overweight!! But much, much slimmer than now ... Sorry you missed out on the Weight Loss Challenge group. It will be fun once you do go, though. I sure wish I had a group like that here. You can talk all you want about the move! We like knowing what's going on.

Carree - stop in for a chat, okay?

Not much news today.... I haven't accomplished a darn thing, except I've stayed OP.

Jana
Closed Thread