Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 11:01 PM   #31  
2BoysMom

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately. Will doesn't seem to want to spend much time down here these days. He and Tony crawl around upstairs alot. I actually just think he doesn't like me on the computer that much

So I'll try to catch up here. Candy, sorry to hear you're still coughing. You know there ought to be a law against coughing so many days in a row. It really takes a toll on you.

Spryng, glad you got your money! I would be stressing too if I wrote a check without the money in the bank. I'm really anal that way!! We're still waiting for our freaking daycare statement. I called again yesterday for it. They're really ticking me off!! Today I went through all the checkbooks from 2003 and compiled a list of dates, check numbers and amounts so I will use that figure if I don't get that stupid statement soon. For a national chain, they sure have there heads up their (Potty mouth !!! See Spryng??) Anyway, if we're ever audited, I have a good record that we can use to prove our expense for last year. So, hows the van?? Where're the pictures??

Took the boys to Target today and found a rug for the bathroom and a handtowel and soap pump. Still need to find a picture for one wall. I'll get pictures taken as soon as I get a little more in there. Decided to go with a tropical fish theme since the colors will work and they're bright like I wanted.

As far as letting Tony cry it out... I know that's the only solution, but he and Will share a bedroom and I really am not looking forward to having them both up in the middle of the night. At Tony's 6 month his pediatrition (that doesn't look spelled right!) said he could start going through separation anxiety and we should go in say some comforting words and then let him cry it out. I said it would be tough with Will in the same room. We'll figure something out at some point. He did sleep better last night, but then Will woke up crying at 2am Go figure!! He goes right back to sleep though...it's just that initial panic I go through when he wakes up crying.

Well, I bought Dr Phil's book today. I'm having a tough time sticking to a plan so I thought I would read his book and see if he can help me figure out what the heck I'm snacking so much for and figure out a way to stop it!! I love WW, but I always seem to stop counting points or give up eventually if I have a bad week. I still think it's a great plan no matter what he says about diets. Different things work for different people. Hopefully, he can help me.

Well, I'm going to read a bit more then get to bed. I hope everyone has a great night and I hope to be posting a bit more tomorrow!! Take care ladies.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:37 AM   #32  

Hi,

May I join in?? I am a SAHM of a 3-month-old daughter Alizée Nicole. My highest weight (except for 9-months pg) was 181lbs, now I am at around 170. I would like to achieve my pre-marriage weight of 125. I felt best then. So still 45 pounds to go.

I am 26 years old, software developer in previous life and live in Berlin, Germany. I enjoy staying at home with my baby, but I will have to go back to work next January. I would like to achieve my gaol by then (and see the faces LOL).

As I am breastfeeding I can't go on any extreme diet, but I think it's OK. I try to use somehow modified South Beach, just cutting refined carbs and bad fats. It seems to be working for me as I have lost 11 pounds since Jan 1st. Last two weeks were bad, as I visited my Mom and got sidetracked and ate much too much cake. Of course I immediately regained 1 pound. But now I'm at home and the weight started moving in the right direction again. I hope it stays this way.

I am looking forward to chatting with you and staying mativated enough to reach my goal.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:03 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Welcome Gosia! What a beautiful name, and so is your daughters! I am Spryng (pronounced spring) mother of 3. Ava 4, Joseph 3, and Tanner 7 months. I am 24 years old and been married for almost 6 years now. I've heard of alot of people having success on south beach, I don't know much about it but it sounds like it is working for you! I am on weight watchers. I don't go to the meetings or anything, just doing it on my own at home. You can see my signature on how much I've lost. I just love it. I hope you feel at home here, there is great support and encouragement on this thread. And everyone is really friendly. So I look forward to getting to know you better!
Geri, sorry there are no pics of the van yet because it is not here yet. I called yesterday and they said the guy who does the detailing had been sick but will get to it today. So hopefully I'll get my van today or tomorrow at the latest. I'm leaving saturday morning so I need it by tomorrow. That is a dilemma about letting your little one cry it out while in the room with his brother. Can Will sleep somehwere else for a couple of nights while you try it? That is why I have yet to put Tanner in another room. I wanted him sleeping with no problems before I put him in one of the kids rooms. But now I am so used to him in his playpen in my room that I don't know when I will move him. It's nice having him in here. Keep us informed about the Dr.Phil plan! I have been wanting to know what the actual diet consists us. So now I have someone on the insides, lol. I know alot of women at the weight watchers site was doing WW but applying his 7 keys to it also. But you have to find what works for you and if it is another program then that is just fine
Candy, has the coughing eased up some? Glad that your house may start being built soon! We had to put in a septic tank at the last house we bought. It was a headache but didn't take too long (we hired someone of course) And that is so great about your young friend losing weight with you! When you are young like that getting the weight off does wonders for your self esteem. I didn't have a weight problem at 17 but I was conscious of it because my grandma liked to make comments about my hips and such (I was a size 2/4, what hips?? lol) so I was very aware of my body and how I felt about things because of it. I used to think my stomach was fat (boy if I could have that "fat" stomach back now, lol) and now I realize I had great abs and never appreciated them but keep us informed on her progress! What does her family think about her doing WW?
Well, I'm not sure what my day will consist of. I still need to get a couple things for my friends baby shower and also find a box to put it all in and all that so I may go shopping later. But then again I may just do it tomorrow. And now that I will have a van with a cd player I want to find a cd holder for the van. I need to get this house spotless before I leave saturday, I love having a clean house to come home to. So I guess I will be doing some of that today.
Well I'm going to get off of here and get my day going. What is for dinner tonight? I'm having either white bean enchiladas or tacos? Haven't decided yet. Oh and TOM hit last night, early this time... so hopefully my WI will be accurate tomorrow. Won't know until I'm on the scale. TTYL!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:05 AM   #34  

Hope everyone is doing well! Did not have much going on yesterday. I did not make a workout. We went to Outback for dinner and I was all right. I had the tilapia topped with crawfish and shirmp w/ steamed veggies. It was salty, so I doubled up on the water.

I am really concerned about the gym nursery. We went 2 days and then he got a cold, another week, and then a runny nose. I think it makes JW sick or maybe it is the time of year. My DH says it is just allergies since both of us have them so bad. The pediatrican said it is probably not the gym but the weather. Being from the south, we are not use to a real winter with snow and all. I am probably just being a first time mom. Thanks for listening.

Geri: You will have to let me know about the Dr. Phil book. I decided not to buy it b/c my undergrad is in psych and I think it is all motivational. I just have to get the right motivation. I have a library full of diet books and have been on so many programs. I have the keys, I just need the drive. You gals are really helping with that.

Candy: Hope everything is in line for the start of the new house. Will you be moving far out of town? I moved into my DH's house when we got married. I love the house but it doesn't feel like it is our house. We are always in the process of looking for land. Nothing much on JI. My DH grew up in JI and I in WA.

Gosia: Welcome. I am too breastfeeding my 6 month old son. We tried the South Beach and I lost about 6 pounds the initial 2 weeks. I am now trying to follow the low carb, WW, and this support group. Good luck!

Spryng: Have a great weekend away. It is great to come home to a clean house.

Last week at the gym was really motivating. We will see how the scale does with the workouts from home. Will write in tomorrow with downs or ups.

Melinda
Old 02-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #35  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!
Welcome Gosia!!!!

Just a quick drive by visit here.......got inlaws coming tonite.....aw gosh, I am so bugged out right now I could scream......need a vacation (by myself!,isn't that selfish).
Sorry for not getting personal, maybe I will be able to get back here tomorrow am.
Hope everyone is ok- and forgive me for not getting personal. See ya!
Ginny
Old 02-12-2004, 01:59 PM   #36  
soontobethin

starting a new thread see you there
Closed Thread