Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Good afternoon everyone

So good to see everyone I went to Curves this morning and really worked up a sweat today... it always feels good to get out and work out. 2 days down and 3 to go... ... ...

Hi PUSS!!!!!!!!
Welcome back! So good to see you again!! I am sorry that things are not so good for you right now - I will hold you close in prayer...

Hi ANGEL,
Thank-you! I too enjoy your graphics/animations... in fact, I grabbed your sun from today's post on CER's for my e-mails (hope you don't mind) he's cute. I have a link at the bottom to more pictures I enjoyed your pictures today too! Good pictures of you Charlotte!

Yes, I did get my glasses back, but they put in the wrong lens on the left eye!! Can you believe it! So they gave me back my new glasses with the wrong lens till the right one comes in. It was suppose to be [-150] and they put in [+150] and tried to convince me that it was what I needed!!!!! I told them I couldn't see These people are something... but they are the only place my insurance would accept The Dr. is good - it's the people that work in the office. Soon I hope I will have to correct lens. They just called me and told me it was in, but I won't have time to get to them right now - maybe at the end of the week.

Hi SHEILA,
Good to see you... I will hold your DD in prayer too for her safety on the ship. That has to be so difficult if you have a weak tummy... thank goodness for pills!

Not fair that you have such good weather there right now You enjoy it for us too - won't you. We are suppose to get some sun tomorrow, I Hope! I Hope!

Hi WILLOW!!

I have some more kitty pictures, if you liked to see them - just click on the link & scroll all the way down :
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=34620&page=5

Old 02-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #47  

Hi Everyone,

We had more snow last night, it was a challenge to get into the end of the driveway and into the garage. I made it though. DH was pushing more snow again this morning. The sun is shinning right now, but the temperature is only about +12. It is suppose to snow off and on until the weekend.

Puss, so glad that you and yours are all ok. What a bunch of worry warts we are. We just can't feel par all the time. Sorry to hear about your DD's car and her purse. My daughters talk about taking care of the rif-raf at the last minute of thier shift on a weekend. They are sick all week and then wait until closing on Sunday to come in with their aches and pains. It is good the majority of people aren't like that.

I had a dream last nite that relates to your purse story Puss. I dreamt I had lost my purse and was walking around in my house while a huge rummage sale was taking place and I could not find my purse, I looked everywhere. What blew me away was how much stuff I had accumulated. I didn't even recognize some of it. Then I wondered if, I had such nice stuff, why didn't I have it out in my house now? All the kids toys were there and the kids were there helping with the rummage sale. I could see all the stuff I had made for them when they were little. I think I am watching too many of those organizing programs, and from talking to you girls about the things I had sewed when the kids were little.

I was looking through out photo albums last night looking for DD (3rd) in her Strawberry Costume, but couldn't find any. I had made a big scrap book for the wedding reception when she was married last year, and I think they all got in the scrap book. I did find one of DD (2nd) in her bib "overhauls" though. It was taken in 1975, what a hoot. I'll try to post it tonight. Looking at the pictures kind of sent me into a depression. My how fast those years go. Willow is right when she relates those years to the snow ball effect.

Gotta run for now. Time to invoice.

Talk to you late......Bye

Bluet
Old 02-10-2004, 07:43 PM   #48  

Default Hello my friends!

Today was a decent day.
I got up at 3:30 AM and had to be to work by 5 AM.
I found out today that not only will we be working overtime all week, we will also be working 5 AM to 1 PM on Saturday.
But, Monday is a paid holiday for us, so we'll still have 2 days off.
It sounds kind of funny but I went to bed at 8:30 last night.

I haven't been doing any exercises lately because of this hip, so I wonder if the weight I gained back last week will even come off.
Well, I've been eating healthy foods, so I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm able to exercise again.

Well, HELLO MY FRIEND PUSS! I hope I wasn't bugging you by sending an e-mail to you, but, ...... Charlotte was going to do the same thing! What a tattle tale, huh?
Anyway, I'm sorry you've been having a pukey life lately. I think I know what you're going through. You can yell at us or just write to us or do whatever you want to if it'll make you feel better. You can even cuss at me if you want to. I'm used to it.
This must be the week for vandalism. A woman at work went out to her car after getting off work at 1 AM and someone had slashed her tires, smashed her windshield and stolen the stereo out of her vehicle.
She is a Union Rep, so some are thinking it might be a grudge thing from a former employee. There were cars on both sides of hers, unlocked and with nicer stereo systems, and they were untouched.

Charlotte, I gotta ask! .... You know, I've been told that I'm honest, even though I lack tact. In fact, I've been told that more than once, but, that's me. Hope this doesn't offend anyones sensibilities, and if so, I apologize ahead of time. Are those boobs all just you???!!? You've got quite a figure, lady! My next question is, why would you want to lose any weight? Or are you happy with where you're at?

Tomorrow you go for the Remicade, don't you? Good luck my friend. Get lots of rest.

Sheila, I bet your daughter is probably getting used to the motion by now. When they come back in to port, she will probably have to get her land legs back again.
Can she make cell phone calls to you? That would be cool!
I'm jealous of your weather, ... now that you've given me spring fever.

Hi Sunny, your cat kids are so very cute!
Hope they got your correct prescription this time for your glasses.

Bonnie, isn't it funny how we get so used to the snow by Feb. that we don't even count the 1- and 2-inch snowfalls anymore?
I got a kick out of your dream. Must have been the posts about the kids clothes.

The weather here was beautiful today. Sunshine and everything!

Did anyone see the news tonight about Dr. Atkins?
Some of his medical records have been released and he wasn't the picture of health, according to the records.
He weighed 258 pounds at the time of his death, which made him obese.
He suffered from congestive heart failure, High blood pressure, high cholesterol and cardiomyopathy. But, ... the cardiomyopathy is not from diet, it's from an infection that has damaged the heart.
Whoever woulda thunk! Huh?

Also, did you all see the oldest employee at Daytons? She is retiring after 85 years on the job. She is 102 years old. Pretty spunky yet too. God love her!

Everybody have a great night!
Old 02-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #49  

HI Everyone,

Man, I am still in a blue funk. I don't have anything to be so sad about, but am feeling rather low today. I had a lot of work. One of the girls was on vacation today and I picked up the slack, so I just kept chugging along. I am begining to wonder how long this is going to last. (The guys resting on their laurels who did all the decision making when it came to lay offs and the few of us that are busting our butts doing the work.) I suppose it will last as long as we few keep doing the work and don't say anything. Well, I can't retire yet, so I guess I have to keep taking it.

The board is really quite today or else I am not getting the posts. Everyone must be really busy.

We had snow off and on again today, and it was cloudy all day. Some friends of ours are leaving on Friday for a weeks stay in a Condo in Florida. I envy them the time off and away, but I am happy for them too. I am sure they will have a nice time.

After lunch I started dreaming about my favorite cake. My Mom always made it when we were kids. It was just a simple devils food cake with white frosting (the kind you spread on Christmas cookie cutouts). I have such a longing for that cake. Now you all know my sugar story and I am not going to tell it again to bore you. I really haven't craved any sugar for so long, so I wonder what's going on. It has ocurred to me that perhaps feeling so blue I am craving some comfort food. I will not eat cake!

I stopped last night to visit our little GD. She is so beautiful. She has just learned to crawl and pull her self up. She gets so happy when someone takes her hands and helps her walk around the room. She absolutely loves the baby Einstein Music Tapes. My DS and DIL live close to where I work so it isn't out of my way to stop in and see them. DS is a stay at home Dad for now and DIL is a Vet. DS is doing a good job I must say.

It is getting close to quiting time and I have a few things on my desk to finish up yet for the day. Charlotte, I hope you are feeling better. Your pictures are very nice, you are a lovely lady. Sheila, is this the day you decided to pull weeds in the yard? I envy your nice weather. SunnyD, those are nice looking children you have. Hope you are having a fun filled Birthday week. Willow, I didn't know that President's day is considered a holiday with pay. That's an interesting company you work for. If I suggested that here, I would get laughed out of the place. Puss, hope things are going better.

Talk to you all later....Bye for now.

Bluet
Old 02-11-2004, 07:57 PM   #50  

Default Hello Friends!

Up at 3:30 again this morning. Had to be to work by 5 AM.
The time went pretty well though at work.

My hip is some better today. I suppose by the time my appointments arrive for the MRI etc all the inflammation will be gone and nothing will show up. That's alright. I'll still take the injection if they still want to do it because I know it's going to get painful again. It always does.

Now they are saying the extra 60 pounds that Dr Atkins had on him was fluids from the time he was in a coma. Who knows!

I was going to have a pork chop for supper tonight, but I forgot to take it out of the freezer this morning, so I had some homemade chicken vegetable soup and cheese sandwich instead. I was so hungry I didn't want to wait till it thawed.

It has been spitting and sputtering snow here off and on all day.
It keeps it pretty and white though.

Anybody know why a microwave would start blowing the circuit breaker? I just bought this microwave about a year ago and it has started blowing the circuit breaker every once in a while. I suppose I should just get a different one. They aren't that expensive, and I never use mine for cooking anyway. Just baked potatoes. Otherwise, usually just to warm things up.

I think I'm going to report that plumber I had to someone. Don't know who just yet. One of those 3 men took the label off my old water heater that I need to get reimbursed for it. I saw the owner of the company starting to tear it off when he was here and I questioned him about what he was doing. He said "that has the model # and all the info on it if you're going to get another one." Then he asked me if I had a phone he could use and I went into the next room to get a phone for him, then he said, "Oh never mind. They aren't there now anyway, because it's 4:30 and they close by now." I think that's when he took it off. When I went to call the wholesaler, He told me I needed the info off of the heater and when I went downstairs to get it, it had been torn off. I called the plumber and he denied taking it. I told him there had only been 4 people in this house, Me and he and his 2 workers, so it had to be one of them. He said he'd ask the guys when they got in in about 1 or 2 hours. That was last week and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm going to report him to the city too because he never got a permit when he installed my water heater.
I think he and one of the guys at the wholesaler are in cahoots. So, I guess I'll contact the company it'self to see if they got a reimbursement on a water heater last week. I'll start those 2 places.

There is a health food store here and I'm going to see if they have whole grain flours etc to make my own bread with. I bet it would be cheaper. I pay a lot of money for my breads, but I know they're healthy too.

Well, Bonnie, looks like it's you and me!
So sorry you're feeling so down lately. Could it be hormones? This time of year is bad for Seasonal Affective Disorder too. We here in the north have had short gloomy days for too long by now and it begins to take it's toll.
I'd like to be able to get outdoors in the natural daylight for just a few minutes every day, but that's not always possible either.
Geez, Bonnie, don't give in to that sugar urge. It will pass. Or, if anything, have some pineapple or some real sweet fruit. Maybe that will get rid of the craving.
Your little granddaughter sounds so precious! I love babies anyway, but, never having had any little girls to raise, I'm partial to them I guess. Although, boys are fun too.
We have a union where I work, and we get a floating holiday every year. We get 12 paid holidays because that's what we have negotiated with the company over the years to get. We almost always use our floating holiday for presidents day.

Gotta go get ready for tomorrow. Have a nice night!
Old 02-11-2004, 11:31 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, everyone--

Bluet, I'm sorry you're in such a funk. I, too, was wondering if you're getting affected by winter and SAD as well as the stress of the layoffs, etc. Your GD sounds wonderful--it must be so much fun to watch her. What are the Einstein tapes? I've never heard of those. And I'm with Willow--don't give in to that sugar urge!!

You know, I should have been out there pulling weeds because it was 61 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. My neck wasn't feeling that great, though, so I didn't even take my poor pups for a walk. However, they weren't begging today for some reason. Tomorrow is our last day of sun, according to the weather guy, so I've got to at least take my dogs out. Hhhmm, I realized you can interpret "take my dogs out" in two different ways, both equally correct!

I'm glad your hip is feeling better, Willow. I'm betting it will be fine before you get to the doctors. That always seems to be the way it works. Weird about the plumber. We had an interesting plumber episode, too, last year. It makes me very leery of plumbers now. We also had a bathtub put in when we remodeled, and it's rusting out on the bottom. I called the contractor, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. The only bathtub I've ever seen that was rusted was one that had been in an old house since the house was built in the early 1900s.

My Dad loves to get stuff from Omaha Steaks (and then argue with them about the bill--I've learned to go into my room and shut the door). We just had 6 steaks, a bunch of pork, and, dang it, 18 cream puffs delivered. Now, he's diabetic so he shouldn't have cream puffs, and I'm trying to lose this blasted 37 lbs. so I don't want cream puffs, and neither my DH or DS need cream puffs. He keeps forgetting that I don't want to eat that kind of stuff, and I never hear what he's ordering. I have told him (repeatedly) how much I like the fish, though.

Well, hope all of you in the snowy midwest get a break in the weather soon. We're going back to grey days and rain by Friday.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:04 PM   #52  

Hi...not going to stay on long. Drunk again

She got the needle in with the first try. She was so happy...me too. Dr moved my treatments to 5 weeks. Gonna keep on til I'm there every week! I'm glad in a way...but, it kind of scares me. Means I'm not doing so well. People can get on my nerves too. They mean well...but, say things like.."you don't look like anything's wrong with you". I feel like they're saying..."you're just lazy!" Oh well...

Willow...there must be a lot of things plugged into that same line. A microwave would be the first thing to throw the breaker. It happened here a lot. DH changed what was plugged in & it cured it.
Yep...those are my boobs. When we first married they were so small, DH called them fried eggs! Of course, I only weighed 98lbs! Only problem, at my age (almost 55), when my bra comes off, they go to the waist!
I'm not trying to lose any more weight. I reached my goal in October of 47 lbs. I thought I had gained 5 lbs lately, but, showed only 2 lbs at the dr's yesterday. So, I'll just lose that.
Thanks to all for the kind words. I try to look nice...getting to be a harder job all the time!
Well...gonna go now. I'll be back later, ladies. Have a good evening.

p.s. SIL is out of Iraq...in Kuwait. Not home yet.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 02-12-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:21 PM   #53  

Wink

Hi Everyone,

Charlotte it is so cool to hear that you have had your treatment and it went well. Soon you will be feeling yourself again. You are not lazy. Stop that, just read some of your posts and you will be reminded how busy you are at times. Good for you for keeping the 47 pounds off. You are role model material, woman.

We had sun all day today. Tomorrow it might get up to +33 degrees, with sunshine all day. That has to be nothing less than a miracle. Sheila, I'll bet you took pity on us mid-westerners and sent some of your balmy sunny weather to us. THANK YOU! we probably won't reach 66 degrees until late May early June.

Einstein Music tapes are video tapes geared to babies with the appropriate music, colors and objects to sooth the baby or they also help the baby learn. I don't know how we raised our babies without all the technology that is out now. Our children were definitely deprived. Ha.

I was looking in a seed catalog last night and noticed a rose that reseeds itself. I had never heard of that kind of rose (lychnis coronaria). It is hardy in zones 3-9. I wonder if I would be asking for trouble if I ordered it. Then I would have to be careful where I planted it because of the reseeding. I might develop a problem rose like Willow's climber.

We have to go to a banquet tonight for DH's work place. It is an annual awards night. Trouble is it is about 45 minutet away and doesn't start until 7:00 p.m., then it will be late when we get home and tomorrow is a workday. Oh, who am I kidding, I just don't want to go. Besides it is Survivor night. We can only hope this is the night that Hatch, gets voted off. I have to set the VCR to tape Survivor while we are gone. I hope I don't screw it up.

Well I am going to bug out of here ladies. Talk to later....Bye for now

Bluet
Old 02-12-2004, 07:46 PM   #54  

Default Hello Friends!

Had a good day again today at work. Got up at 3:30 again to be to work by 5 AM.
I only have to do this 2 more days this week.

The weather was beautiful here today. It snowed just a little this morning, then the sun came out and it looked like someone had sprinkled diamonds all over the snow when the sun shone on it. It got up to 27 degrees today, and is suppose to be in the 30's tomorrow.

I've been thinking of something I'd like to do when I retire from the job I'm at now, and I think I'm going back to school to learn to be a massage therapist.
I could do it at my home, I could set my own hours, it pays good and I think I'd like it.
I think it would help me stay active, it would give me extra money, I'd be more relaxed because I wouldn't have to go back to that place I'm at now.

Hello Charlotte. Glad the treatment went well for you.

Hi Sheila. Hope your walkin' the dogs was fun.

Bonnie, you wouldn't get me to mess with a self-seeding rose for all the tea in China!
Maybe if I had a couple of isolated acres, ....

Hello Puss! Hi Kate! Hello Jacquie!

There is something making my eyes burn tonight, kind of like when you've left an oven on and there might be some oil on it or something like that. I have to check out my house, because it almost smells like hot metal or something similar.

Well, I better get my things rounded up for tomorrow.

Everybody have a wonderful night.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:35 PM   #55  

Hi, all--

You know how everyone says each day is a gift from God? Well, today God gave us a spectacular present!! I took the dogs for a walk along the "medium" route (we have a short, medium and long route--I haven't done the long route in a while), and then drove to a spot on the beach where I could get a good shot of the Olympics. The other shot, taken through some shrubs that I'm going to prune for the owner the next time I want a photo ( ), is what I can see when I walk the dogs. On the way back home, I can see Mt. Rainier, which is in the Cascade Range. Seattle really is a beautiful city. But the rains are starting up again tomorrow and it will probably rain until June.

Charlotte, you're definitely one of the busiest people I know, and RA doesn't seem to stop you from doing what you want when you can. Boo to anyone who thinks you're lazy! Any word on when your SIL gets to leave Kuwait? Would be nice to have him home by this weekend, especially since Valentine's Day is Saturday.

Going out on a Survivor night?? I don't think you should have to do that, Bluet! Start coughing now and maybe you can convince your DH that you're getting sick and couldn't possibly go. Actually, by now you're probably already there.

Willow, that's great that you're thinking of a second career. Be careful with the massage therapy, though. It's very physical work. Mine is always rolling me around and lifting me up, and he has to frequently soak his hands at night because they hurt. I still can't imagine getting up so early. Especially when it's so cold out. I'm such a wuss that I didn't go to aerobics one day because it was too cold.

Told my DH I wanted to go to Pike Place Market this weekend. I don't know why I have it in my head to do that, but I really want to get out and about. Have to go to the packing store, too, and mail my DD's blanket to her. She called this afternoon when she got back to shore. She said it was kind of fun, but tiring, with lots to do. She's headed to Chicago for the weekend, where she's planning on marrying the guy she met in bootcamp. I asked her point blank if that's why she was going to Chicago this weekend. After that news, I'm proud of myself for not heading to the store and buying all the chocolate I can find. I was having such an incredible day, with such feelings of happiness, until I heard that. Oh, well, we can't keep our adult kids from making their own mistakes, and, hey, maybe it won't be a mistake. I can only hope.

Speaking of hope, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I weigh in tomorrow. I don't think I'm in "virgin" pound territory yet, but I'm hoping to be back down to my signature weight.

Have a great Thursday evening!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg olympics1.jpg (37.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg olympics4.jpg (42.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-13-2004, 08:20 PM   #56  

Good evening, ladies!

I noticed we were on the bottom of the first page, poised to go onto the second page.

Not much happening around here (or here!). I did lose 2.2 lbs. this week, so I'm exactly a pound away from my 'signature' weight. It really wasn't worth it to overeat so much when my daughter was here, and over Christmas. The only thing I have to show is more fat!

My DH comes home from Boise tonight. He has to go again in May, then in October. His boss wants him to come back to 'home base' a bit more often. He hadn't been back in about a year so I guess it's understandable. Still, I miss him.

Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! Anyone planning anything romantic?
Old 02-13-2004, 08:50 PM   #57  

Default Hello Friends!

I did it again today. Up at 3:30 AM and worked by myself most of the day. Got a lot of thinking and planning done.

I went shopping after work and got 2 ten-pound bags of chicken leg quarters for $3.98 each bag. Also got some deli fat free mesquite turkey breast that was on sale. Then I got some grapes, strawberries and some odds-n-ends. Anyway, I have that done for the week now.
I have to get up again at 3:30 tomorrow morning but I'll get done at 1 in the afternoon. Whoopy!

I'm now down to 2 pounds above where I was before last week.

Hopefully I'll have that off by the end of next week.

Today my second son is 40 years old. WOW. They are catching up to me.

Sheila, big congrats on your 2.2 pound loss! That's great! I guess hindsight always tells us it wasn't worth it, but, what the heck! At least you had a good time with your daughter and made some good memories.

Those pics are awesome! Beautiful!

He "rolls you around and picks you up?!?!??" How come he picks you up? Geez! I thought all they did was a massage with warm stones and oil etc.
Another thing, .... It might not be such a good idea with men either. .... I am alone here after all, and I remember that every time I gave my hubby a massage or a back rub he would get a woody.

I hope your daughter makes a right decision. I wish her much happiness. You just never know. They might end up having a very good marriage.

I'm sure not planning anything romantic for Valentines Day. I have to work. But, Hyvee store has a special on of a dinner for two, so I'm getting it and will have it for 4 days. It has 2 8-ounce prime rib steaks, 2 10-ounce twice baked potatoes, and 8 tail-on shrimp.Steak for 2 days and shrimp for 2 days and a half a potato each time. All this overtime is making it hard to cook, so this will help a lot.
As for Valentines Day, I suppose I'll come home from work tomorrow and will find my house full of floral deliveries!

Well, I need to get stuff ready for tomorrow.
Everybody have a great day!
Old 02-14-2004, 05:26 AM   #58  

Default End Of The Road!

Stop! Do Not Post Here! Go To "over 50 And Getting Healthy # 12 "and Join Us There!

Happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:20 AM   #59  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Stop Here...

LINK TO #12

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...195#post519195

Closed Thread