Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #1  
cow with the double chin

Default Where's The Herd????

Hey you beautiful bovines, come out come out from where ever you are!!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:22 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Cowsies!

Well, since we last posted, I had an uneventful Thanksgiving, a lovely Christmas at home and the in-laws and a Happy New Year! How about you ?

It seems very sad that they lost all these posts and forum data. But really, it's just a bunch of conversations. Well, and all those pictures I posted... And our witty remarks--now that's a real loss.

I do feel awfully bad for Suzanne etal -- apparently they lost all the changes they put into forum.

Hope everybody remembered their password!

Kiwi
Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #3  
Most boring housewife.

What worries me most is losing the post about not putting piles of laundry on top of your dryer. What if someone out there is innocently putting towels on top of the dryer then going to bed????Ach

I've missed you guys terribly. It has been awful.

Now that we're back, let's looose weight.

L
Old 01-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #4  

Talking Mooooooooooove over. I'm here!

I lost NO sleep over the clothes-on-the-dryer dilemma. But I do wish that the photos were still around. Hmmm. Do you think I can get away with posting newer, better ones and pretending the old fat self was only a nightmare?

It didn't get past 40 degrees here today.... pretty cold for us.... but the country club where I attend business meetings had the ground crew out with an ELECTRIC bulb-hole digger.... The bulbs will be wonderful in aboaut 6 weeks. Spring will come. Woo hoo!

Y'all be cheery. NO MAD COWS.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Talking Oh well!

We were witty once, we can be witty again.

Three cheers for those darling 3FCs for getting things up and running again!!!

Just being my boring old self today. Any of you cows know Cantones or Mandarin? I was maybe thinking of *trying* to learn one or the other but I think my brain may not be up to it at my advanced age.

Everyone still fat? Are we all going to exercise tomorrow? I have to go downtown tomorrow and lovingly convince our travel agent that we really don't need to spend our life savings on four plane tickets for this summer. And then we're having guests for dinner. Guess I should maybe start cleaning tonight, huh?

Last edited by SugP; 01-08-2004 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default hee haw

yeeees--it is nice to be back in our pen----let me see,it's thirty in florida,forty in texas and minus thirty-six celcius with the windchill factor----LET'S SEE---WHO IS THE COLDESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?????? same with kiwi---she can do the farenheit conversion----I speak Cantonese.yeah.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #7  
Most boring housewife.

¿}¡A§Úı±oÁcÊ^¤¤¤å·|§¹¥þ¦aº¡¨¬§A»Ý_n¡C
¥ÎÒ\®Æ§ËŦ¡A¥¦¬O¦Û¨pªº¤£_n³Q¾á¤ß¤z¦çÉó¡C
¤j¬ù 29 «×¦b³o¤I¡C¤£³d³Æ§Ú_̦pªG§A¬O¨¬°÷¶Ìªº¦í¦b¦³¤U_±ªº windchills ªº¦a¤è-10C¡C§Ú_̸ӳ£°h¥ð¨ì¦òù¨½¹F¡A«Ü§Ö¡C§Ú_̱N®e§Ô®ç°£« D¥¦Åܱo¤Ó§N¡A¤£¦n¦b¨º¤I©~¦í¡C
Old 01-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #8  
The magic shrinking cow

Yay! We're back! I feel bad for the 3FCs. I lost a database once. That was awful.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:47 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default TO LUSHIOUS

SKSPDOINDPF;LPF;SS;TTTLALOMADF;OA;;P0W;ELMPAG;MLAP OAFML;VAPC;WLM
Old 01-08-2004, 08:02 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Actually, Bagz, it looks like about the same in F. when it gets that cold. It's -15F here last time I looked, and very windy, so wind chill is at least 36 below, probably lower. I am having trouble typing. Not that our house is real cold, it's just having trouble getting up to a workable temp in all the rooms. I had to drive DD to lessons in OtherTown and man, what a cold drive that was!

Gotta go watch Friends, my hands aren't working anyway.

Kiwi
Old 01-09-2004, 07:50 AM   #11  
Most boring housewife.

I would be willing to put my post thought the Chinese translator again, but it would only end in disappointment. Can you believe it won't cut and paste into 3FC????? When Sugar takes Chinese she will tell us what a Chinese keyboard looks like.

I have to go teach children again today. What could have posessed me to become a teacher? It is tedious. Why don't people teach their kids how to blow their noses properly so that they don't sniff all day long?

I feel bad for the FCs too. I wonder how they pay for this place. Ads,I guess.

I have to go get ready. bye
Old 01-09-2004, 08:00 AM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

DS is learning Japanese.
I got the dryer problem solved. After towels had been in there almost three hours and were still damp, I called the builder. He took a grid off the end of the vent ... this is outside ... and it was thick with damp lint gunk. This house was new in August. Would you have guessed that????

He said the grid was to keep animals out but they couldn't get in there anyway because of a flap and he left it off. The thing is plastic and the holes are less than 1/2 inch square while the bars are more than 1/8 inch. Lots of area to catch lint.

Why didn't anyone tell me 3FC was back? If I weren't so bored, I wouldn't have checked for myself.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

NOW THAT IS THE MOST COMMON CAUSE OF DRYER FIRES-----------LINT THAT BUILDS UP==========DUMB DUMB BUILDERS!!!---WE HAD BIRDS BUILDING A NEST IN OUR DRYER VENT,SO WE HAD TO GET NEW CONTRAPTION TO KEEP THEM OUT----YOU COULD HEAR THEM FLAPPING IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM------YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO---- to lush-----------i do not like teaching either and i just arrived at this realization twenty three years after receiving my Bachelor of Education----i don't even like THINKING about being trapped in a room with all of THEM!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 01:57 PM   #14  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I do think being TRAPPED in a room with all of THEM would be awful awfyl awful. BUTTT worse would be not being able to go to the bathroom when you wanted.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:16 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Lush
Why don't people teach their kids how to blow their noses properly so that they don't sniff all day long?
Hey, if they didn't sniff all that stuff up there, there wouldn't be anything in their brains.

Well, I'm glad the mystery of the dryer has been solved, Peaches. You'd think that after building 6 billion houses, builders would catch on to these little problems, wouldn't you?

Our vent hose cleverly just dangles into the basement, thereby contributing to the decor of the whole place. Nobody ever planned this house, for sure. We thought about trying to change it, but it turned out you couldn't actually get outside the house from the dryer without going up, and, well, lint doesn't like to go up, especially when you have to make bends in the hose 2 or 3 places. Oh well, I don't care: the lint helps absorb the water leaking into the basement...

I got a call this afternoon from my friend who moved out to Oregon -- sounds like the NW is really icy mess. Maybe Wabbit is stuck at home?

Kiwi
Closed Thread