3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

Fat in Hong Kong 05-01-2004 03:00 AM

Brandy, keep that light shining brightly!! ... You can do it!! :) I checked out the website ... WOW, what a difference ... you can't imagine what a difference losing weight can make, can you, until you see photo's like that ... amazing! What an incentive.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 05-01-2004 11:31 AM

Thanks for the encouragment! I am still hanging in and hoping the results will catch up with me soon! I just feel so inspired after checking into some success stories.

B

NicoleNYC 05-03-2004 08:59 AM

Good morning and happy Monday to you all!

I have happy news on the weight loss front - I actually lost some this week - three pounds! Am VERY happy with that. Off to change my stats...

B

ecchs 05-03-2004 11:43 AM

Morning Ladies...

What I can NOT figure out, is how I can continue to sit on my a$$ and do nothing and eat EVERYTHING after seeing your successes, Ali's uccess, LaDawn's success...I know I am as strong and yet, I do nothing. ENOUGH.

Lorraine

NicoleNYC 05-03-2004 11:59 AM

Lorraine - who on earth knows what kicks us into gear and what keeps us where we are? I certainly haven't figured it out. It seems I will only have "success" in fits and starts, while other people get going and just go all out till they reach their goals. And you know, at one point I really was just ten pounds over weight - what made me let things get to like 140 pounds over weight? Who knows what makes us tick. But if you figure it out, girl there is a book and a goldmine in it for ya!

And I think your sig quote might have something to do with it...PS, anyone who as lost as much as you - girl, you're doing it!

ecchs 05-03-2004 12:26 PM

Brandy...thanks for your support! I'm the same when it comes to Fits and Starts, I just wish I'd start and keep going!

When I lost my weight the first time, I was nursing, so it was a bit easier, but you'd think my appetitie would slow down now that I am very much NOT nursing. I can't figure it out.

Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 05-04-2004 02:23 AM

Brandy, EXCELLENT LOSS this week, congratulations! :bravo: Keep going girl, you can do ... I KNOW you can!! :)

Lorraine, you've done brilliantly to get to where you are ... 30lbs gone already!! :cp: Ok, so you say it's been in fits and starts ... so what!! ... You've lost it, it's GONE. You should be proud of what you've already achieved ... Would you rather have the 30lbs back? ... I think not. So, forget about how long it's taken and think about how well you've done.

Losing weight is hard, I'm afraid I don't believe anyone who says it's easy ... perhaps they just don't have a life! Ok, maybe I'm being a little unfair to some of the people out there who find dieting a breeze, but for the majority of us it's a struggle. All we can do when we've had a bad day, or a bad week, or even a bad month or two :^: is to start over and don't give up on our dream. ANYONE can lose weight if they really try ... this is what I keep telling myself. The only thing that stops us, is US! So come on girls, let's just do it ... if we follow the plan we can do it ... can't we?

Ok, now I'm scared ... weigh-in tonight! I feel like I've been pretty good all week, but for some reason, whenever I feel like I've had a good week, I don't lose anything (or I even gain!), and when I feel like I've had a bad week, I lose! :dizzy: So, not looking forward to going tonight, but whatever the outcome, I'll keep going until I get to goal. There's no way that I'm giving up this time ... especially after pre-paying for 20 weeks ... Nick would throw me off the balcony if I did!! :lol: I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 05-05-2004 02:40 AM

Weigh-in went well last night ... another 1.5lbs gone :) ... phew!! So I'm feeling very motivated and determined to have another good week. :)

Hope things are going well for everyone else?????????

Nichola

NicoleNYC 05-05-2004 09:55 AM

Yeah Nichola! GO YOU! That's soooo great! I'm like hopping up and down for ya!

And thanks for the pep talk!

Lorraine - Nichola is right, fits and starts are better than nothing. I will take losing in fits and starts over gaining (and gaining and gaining - as is my habit) any day!

If I don't check in for a while, it's because we're out of town. Send me good staying-on-my-diet vibes please!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 05-06-2004 02:58 AM

Brandy, you're welcome :) Have a good trip ... the vibes are coming your way ...... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Nichola

Fat in Hong Kong 05-12-2004 06:18 AM

Hi Girls ... is there anyone out there?????? :?:

Brandy, are you back from your trip yet? ... Hope it went well and you managed to stay OP :)

I've not been posting for a while as hubby was taken to hospital last week and had to have an operation to repair a ruptured achilles tendon. He now has his leg in plaster for 4 weeks!! He's hoping to go back to work tomorrow because it's driving him crazy being at home all day ... Me too!!!! :crazy: I've spent the last few days playing nurse maid ... can't wait for him to go back to work so that I can have a rest!! Do I sound wicked?? :lol:

Anyway, just to let you know that I managed to slip out last night to go for my weigh-in ... lost another 2.5lbs which I'm really happy about :D

Speak soon,
Nichola

NicoleNYC 05-16-2004 10:23 PM

Nichola - thanks for the vibes! They worked. I didn't track, I just used my common sense and kept busy. I don't know that I lost but I certainly didn't gain which on vacation is GREAT as far as I can see. Esp as we had Mother's Day, a wedding, and a whole bunch of other stuff in there!

So sorry about your hubby - they are just helpless when sick or injured, aren't they? Good healing vibes to him! AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 2.5!!!!!! That's SO exciting! Happy dance in your honor!!!

B

NicoleNYC 05-18-2004 09:43 AM

Hello?

Fat in Hong Kong 05-19-2004 05:44 AM

Hi Brandy,

I'm here :wave: ... can't imagine what's happened to everyone else though :?:

We're having problems with our computer at the moment so it's hit and miss as to whether or not it's working!! So apologies if I fail to reply to your posts straight away.

Glad to hear that you managed to stay on track whilst you were away ... especailly with all the temptations there must have been ... good girl :)

Unfortunately, I had my first bad week this week ... WI last night and I gained 1lb. I know the reason why though, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it ... my little diet scales broke last week and I haven't been able to weigh my food, and also I stupidly didn't bother to write anything down, which I have been doing religiously ever since I started WW. It's taught me a lesson!! I'm now back to writing everything down and I'm going shopping tomorrow in search of diet scales ... this might present me with a bit of a problem in 'skinny' Hong Kong ... can't imagine that there's much call for diet scales in the shops here. WW were out of stock and don't expect them in for 2-3 weeks, and I definitely can't trust myself to 'guesstimate' for that long!! ... Not with my track record on portion control anyway!! :o

Have a good week! :D

Nichola

NicoleNYC 05-19-2004 11:38 AM

Hi Nichola! We keep having computer issues too (I have managed to pick up the same worm like four times!) so I TOTALLY understand.

Sorry about the WI but hey, you LEARNED from it and that's what counts. Journaling helps SO much!

I've never really weighed food, but I do measure a lot of things - my mental image of what "one cup" looks like is - well, let's just say it's slightly inflated!

I need to change my sig since that little challenge has passed.

Hope everyone else drops in SOON!

Brandy

ETA: C'mon guys, I'm still trying to reach that darn 10% goal! PRESSURE ME! It's sooooo close!