3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

NicoleNYC 04-14-2004 07:30 AM

I'm going to be out of pocket for a bit. My sixteen year old cousin was killed in a car accident last night. I don't know anything else, I'm trying to get a flight home ASAP. Please pray for our family.

Fat in Hong Kong 04-14-2004 08:27 PM

Brandy, I am so very sorry to hear about your cousin, my deepest sympathy to you and your family ... Thinking of you all :grouphug:

Nichola

britjo67 04-15-2004 02:28 AM

Brandy so sorry to hear about your cousin. All my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

I fell off the diet wagon yet again. Not gained any, but sure as **** not lost any. Feeling disheartened, but I'll get back on it soon, I'm sure.

NicoleNYC 04-20-2004 12:41 PM

Thanks guys. It was a very freaky few days. It still seems very unreal.

As to diet - I have no idea. I didn't have time to eat, that has to count for something, and I'm back on WW as of today. Jo, I guess you and I can press the restart button together.

Fat in Hong Kong 04-21-2004 06:01 AM

Brandy, hope you and your family are all ok, my thoughts are with you.

Good luck with restarting your WW plan.

I went to my first weigh-in last night ... lost 2lbs ... I was hoping for more as it was my first week, but a loss is a loss, and I'm now 2lbs closer to my goal :) Managed well during the week keeping within my points, but as usual I struggled when the weekend arrived! :mad: Tried to claw back a few points over the last couple of days. This week I'll be better prepared and make sure that I plan ahead and save points throughout the week so that I can have some extras at the weekend ... but not too many!

Still wondering what has happened to everyone else????? Helllllooooooo .... is anybody out there?????? I never know it to be so quiet. Hope everyone is doing well anyway and hope to hear from you soon.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-21-2004 09:07 AM

Nichola, thanks again. And congrats on your two pounds! That's wonderful!

I am, of course, still the same. So my "challenge" is not going so well as I had hoped. But I'm back on track.

NicoleNYC 04-23-2004 11:11 AM

Ok, so I've now down the WATP 2 mi DVD two whole days in a row. I feel like this :strong: As soon as I finish typing this, I'm going for day three :encore:

I need to do SOMETHING to make this weight come off faster!!!

B

Fat in Hong Kong 04-23-2004 10:21 PM

Brandy, good girl, I'm impressed! :) ... I should follow your example ... All week I've been telling myself that I should go walking every day ... Have I done it yet? ... NO, I'm ashamed to say! I really will have to get myself into shape. The pool at the apartments where we live has just re-opened, so I really don't have an excuse for not going swimming either! ... Except that the water's probably a wee bit too cold for me at the moment ... could do with a couple of weeks for the sun to warm it up a bit more ... excuses, excuses! I'm going to set myself a mini challenge for next week, which is to do some form of exercise, either walking or swimming, or WATP, or even just some floor exercises, for at least 3 days. Now, you've heard me say it ... so make me feel ashamed if I don't do it! :o

Have a good weekend.

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-24-2004 09:07 AM

Nichola, you MUST WATP - that is an order. Ok, request? Suggestion? Someone else should be sweating it out with me!

I'm afraid my WI is going to read 248 again this week. SO DEPRESSING! I was at 242 before the whole visiting parents/Easter/crazy trip home thing happened and I'm just clawing my way back and nothing's budging! AAAAACCCCKKKKK!

Fat in Hong Kong 04-26-2004 07:42 AM

Brandy, hang in there ... you've been through a traumatic time, so if you've had no loss this week it's not surprising so don't worry about it ... just put it behind you and start afresh.

I, on the other hand, have no such excuse, and I'm absolutely dreading my WI tomorrow night :o ... I'm so annoyed with myself as I've been really good all week, saved points for the weekend, went out for a meal with hubby to a Spanish restaurant on Saturday night ... tried to choose wisely :^: But then went shopping with Sophie yesterday, and she pleaded with me to take her to McD's!!! ... OMG!!! ... I was starving and my willpower was non existant ... I also had no points saved for this and have gone way over the top!! Trying to claw a few back today and tomorrow, but it's probably too late to do any good! Why, oh why, did I let this happen? ... I knew I shouldn't have it, but there was this evil little voice in my head telling me too!! :devil: Serves me right for listening to it! Wish me luck for tomorrow> :(

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-26-2004 01:41 PM

Ok, I'm going to try one more time to get this to post!

Nichola, for those McD's points - you can do a couple of things which may or may not help your weigh in, but they can get you over the mental hump of "oh just screw it!" You can either pull a few points from each day left in this week, "borrow" points from next week's Flex, or get some APs. I would do a combo of all three - say, shave one point off each day remaining in the week, get three APs per day, and take the rest from next week's Flex. For me, it's not the weigh in I would worry about so much as trying to keep myself mentally on plan. Good luck! It was JUST ONE MEAL so don't let it throw you!

As for me, I am down one pound. What really buggs is that before my parents came I was at 242 which is just so darn close to the 230s! ACK!

B

(hope this posts this time!)

ecchs 04-27-2004 10:48 AM

Hey Ladies, greetings from no-man's-land. I get so busy, I forget to check this board! Brandy and Nichola, sounds like you girls are doing your darndest to stay on track. GOOD FOR YOU! I'm waaaayyy off track and full of excuses. No time, the lady downstairs doesn't like it when I exercise, have to work so can't make it to meetings...blah blah blah. I KNOW if I sat down and organized my week, I'd be able to fit these things in. It's just doing it.

Keep up the good work guys!
Lorraine

Fat in Hong Kong 04-28-2004 02:57 AM

Lorraine, good to hear from you :wave: Sorry to hear things aren't going great 'diet-wise' ... I know what you mean about trying to find the time to fit it all in! I just don't know where the hours in the day disappear to :dizzy:

Well Brandy, I still haven't got around to doing my 3 days of exercise yet, although I have been running up and down the steps at work for what seems like a hundred times a day ... does that count??? :^:

Good news is, I went to my WI last night, and guess what? ... I lost another 2lbs ... Whoopee!! :cb: I'm really pleased with that result because as I said yesterday, I was worried about what I'd eaten over the weekend ... must have done something right! :D

I wonder what's happened to everyone else?

Nichola

NicoleNYC 04-30-2004 12:56 PM

Nichola, congrats on your 2 pounds (I'm so jealous!)!!!

Lorraine, I sometimes feel totally overwhelmed myself and I have nothing going on - I can only imagine if I were busy!

I just read a post from someone at the WW.com forums - she started two months after I did and she's lost 60 pounds to my 20. OUCH! So I had the little "if you had only put forth a little more effort you would be under 200 by now" conversation with myself and we - I mean *I* - feel like a light has gone on!

NicoleNYC 04-30-2004 01:13 PM

http://www.freewebs.com/ladawnthenandnow/index.htm

GREAT weight loss success story!

B