3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34664-desperately-need-diet-buddy-20-a.html)

Fat in Hong Kong 03-01-2004 01:29 AM

Jo, well done on your loss :cp:

Raff, sorry to hear about your gain ... the best advice I can give is to try to work out why it happened and put it down to experience, then put it behind you and start afresh this week. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to let it get to you, brush it under the carpet and forget about it. BTW, Good Friday is on 9th April, and Easter Monday is 12th April ... Still 6 weeks to go, so time enough to get back on track and shift some pounds ... Good Luck! :)

Nichola

RaffaellaBella 03-01-2004 06:48 AM

Thanks for the positive reinforcement Nichola! I needed it. :)

NicoleNYC 03-01-2004 08:37 AM

Raff, I would like to direct you to your stats - you are still down 36 pounds which is mighty impressive. And also, ditto everything Nichola said!

Congrats losers!

And I need to change my stats. I did lose my two.

Brandy

NicoleNYC 03-02-2004 02:20 PM

Heloooooo out there!

I could use some inspiration, guys! I need someone to pull me together and make me really fired up about weight loss! SOMEBODY GIVE ME A PEP TALK!

Brandy

HealthyMari 03-02-2004 03:28 PM

Brandy, girl, you're doing great! You lost your 2 lbs for last week....now just this week to work on. Don't think about 6 weeks, think just one. All the focus is this week, you have plenty of time to concern yourself with the rest of 'em.

So this week, what are you going to do? You're going to eat enough food to feel satiated, but only GOOD FOOD. Remember your portions and remember your snacks. You're going to get some physical activity in there too, because you remember how much better you feel when you've moved off the couch.

Why are you going to eat well and exercise? Because you'll feel better! Because you are going to work it during your vacations! You're going to be a hottie! You're going to love shopping for outfits to wear because you met your Easter goal and lost that weight and you deserve it! You're going to get those compliments that always feel good! But most of all, you're going to compliment yourself, because you'll know how hard you worked!

Keep it up!
-Mari

P.S. That was as much a pep talk for me as for you! :p

NicoleNYC 03-02-2004 04:31 PM

Thanks Mari! Just reading your enthusiastic post has made me feel much better. And I think the GOOD FOOD hint was timely. We have been lazy with the shopping so I've been making do with what's here. I feel icky. I'm not a big believer in fasting or even in "cleansing" diets but sometimes ya just feel yucky on the inside - the idea of a water/fruit/veg fast sounds appealing to me! Just clean me out and start me over! Not that I will, but it does sound nice.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to get myself to the grocery and stock up on real food.

Thanks so much for the pep talk!!!

B

RaffaellaBella 03-03-2004 07:56 PM

Okay, spreading the love around here :grouphug: sending my positive vibes to you all. And thanks a bunch for the encouraging words.

Love you all!
Raff

Fat in Hong Kong 03-06-2004 02:12 AM

Hi Girls,

Hope you all had a good week :) I feel like I've had a pretty good week as far as my food intake is concerned, but unfortunately I'm up 1.5lbs :( ... However, TOM has arrived and I'm feeling a bit like a beached whale right now so I'm putting the gain down to fluid retention ... hope I'm right!! :o Either way I'm not letting it get to me and I'll continue doing what I'm doing and will hopefully see a loss next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Nichola

NicoleNYC 03-07-2004 10:48 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and post my weight early - I'm the same as last week. Not worried as we've done a lot of eating out this week (due to the fact that we are both too lazy to go shopping). Will NOT be making that mistake THIS week.

B

ecchs 03-08-2004 10:58 AM

Whew. I've been MIA I tell ya. I had my weigh in and was down 2.4, so I'm at 247.8. But of course, that was the 21st of Feb. I have been so busy with work that I haven't had a chance to make it to a meeting. So I'll keep you all posted.

Looks like everyone is doing well. Keep it up guys!
Lorraine

NicoleNYC 03-08-2004 11:07 AM

Oh Lorraine, that's wonderful! Go you!

B

britjo67 03-08-2004 11:16 AM

I posted this morning, but it's disappeared :?:

I weighed myself this morning, and I have lost 1lb. That means I am down to 248.

Right, back to my very boring essay on constitutional reform :yikes: :write:

later,
Jo :encore:

HealthyMari 03-08-2004 01:20 PM

Congrats to everyone who made their losses and are keeping up the challenge! Even if this week was not the best (as it wasn't for me) let's keep up the good spirits!

I had a so-so week....I didn't eat any junk, but I only managed 3 sets of sit-ups instead of 5. I just had so much stuff to do most weeknights....and frankly, the weather was just too pretty this weekend to be indoors! Does playing frisbee for about 2 hours this weekend count????? Please?????

Have wonderful week 3, ladies!
-Mari

NicoleNYC 03-08-2004 04:29 PM

Jo, congratulations!

Mari, why shouldn't frisbee count?!?! OF COURSE it counts!

I'm in great diet-related spirits. I just spent huge amounts of time "perfecting" my own little WW daily journal thingie in Word so I can print them out as I go - and it's very personalized to me and has all kinds of extraneous info. AND I've WATPed.

Have a great week everyone!!!

B

RaffaellaBella 03-10-2004 03:00 AM

Hi All! I weighed myself on Sunday and am still at 300. :( What an ugly number - 160 sounds so much better.

Congrats to Jo and Lorraine! And hopefully maintainers will see results next week.

Overall I think we're doing great. We're all in the right place with our foodplans and exercising, now if we could just shut our pie-holes for a bit.... :lol:

Well good luck during the week. I'll be thinking of you all.

Take care,
Raff