Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:10 PM   #241  
Ginny

Hi Meg,
Seems like it's just you and me in here lately..So how was your day? I just got home from work an hour ago, had my shower and supper is in the oven. I went to curves this morning before work, and I still have energy left.. maybe this is working
I actually weighed less after work today than I did this morning... another good surprise...

How does the low carb meatloaf taste? How do most of the recipes taste?

Your class sounds like fun if you like to sew. Last weekend I made a giraffe out of clay pots. It turned out so cute I think I'll make another smaller one this weekend and have a family... they are to be displayed on the benches with the plants. Thought it would add to the charm...

Well, see ya later.
Dahlia
Old 03-17-2004, 08:34 PM   #242  

Dahlia - your day sounds great! How many days this week have you been to Curves? I have been so busy that I haven't made it to the gym. That is just NO excuse. I need to get on it. It just slows my weight loss down if I don't get there.

The lowcarb meatloaf is good. I haven't had meatloaf in a long time, so to me it tastes the same. All my recipes are good that I have made. Things like chicken breasts stuffed with prosciutto and spinach. They are just naturally low carb. I am making omelettes with goat cheese and tomatoes and thyme, and this AMAZING waffle thing. The waffle is pretty high in carbs - but low in comparison to what it would be in a restaurant. It was REALLY good.

My sewing class was great. We are making simple wrap skirts. I thought it would be nice to make a few, get a few sweater sets, and then wear them to my new job. I am hoping it turns out well! I got this black linen fabric with orange embroidered asian umbrellas on it. With black sweater and black heels I think it will look really sharp. My homework for next week is to pin the pattern to the fabric, and then we will cut it at the next session.

Your giraffes sound ADORABLE! How many are you going to make? Were they hard to make? It sounds really fun.

Just had some leftover meatloaf - good the second time. Getting ready to leave to pick up Dan from work. Then I may do a little sewing - have some curtains to make!

Have a good night - I guess you and I will talk tomorrow!

Meg
Old 03-17-2004, 11:30 PM   #243  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Meg and Dahlia glad to hear that you are both doing really well

Did'nt get online yesterday as i went on a shopping spree I for one can really shop till I drop I have'nt exercised since Saturday and i'm bummed about that because it really helps with the weightloss but my foot is so sore that i decided to give it a rest i'm practically limping around here So Meg, you are getting gas then are you? our woodstove is on the ground floor and the hot air is forced through vents in the floor we use this for economy purposes..i like gas too but its so expensive to heat this house, we have propane heat as well and i can come home and just flick a switch to get instant heat if i want to but we try to keep that use to a minimum..we also have electric baseboards but unfortunately not on the middle floor. Its a pity hubby did'nt install solar panels on this house because we get sunshine from dawn till dusk when the weather is nice we see the sun rise in the morning on one side of the house and set at night on the other side

Wonder where everyone else has got to i hate it when they disappear

Last edited by cat90; 03-17-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:33 AM   #244  
Ginny

Good morning Meg, and Cathy nice to have you join our conversation. I guess as long as we have each other we can keep this conversation going, and the others can just join in as they can. Just had my slim fast for breakfast, going in a little early to work, have to take mil her medications. She is losing it, not taking her meds cause she gets confused what they are for, and even though I put them in a daily pill pack she moves them around and puts cotton in some of the days, and says that she took her pills but they are still there.. so from now on one of us has to take them to her daily and make sure she takes them. I seem to have been elected to do this today.

Anyway I think maybe just maybe things are starting to move for me. I am down another pound this morning and my clothes feel looser. Perhaps all the muscle I have been building is finally going to start burning off some calories... hope hope hope..... anyway I feel good about it so hope it continues.

Meg that material sounds really pretty, and I bet you'll look like a dream with that outfit. Your new job is that the real estate? I forget.

Yes Cathy gas is expensive, we have natural gas which is a little better than propane money wise.We have a three story house so it takes a lot to heat it too. But in terms of cleanliness and just plain hard work it is a dream for us. Luckily I had 5 boys, as they helped with the wood chores when they were growing up, but now it's just the two of us.. anyway we just love the gas and would never go back...if we don't have to. Tell us what you did with Olivia and I bet she has grown since you last saw her. I am thinking about having Jade, my 3yr old granddaughter over again this Saturday, we have so much fun, and since I was sick last week, I may do it again.... next weekend I will have my 2 yr old grandson for the afternoon. It will be his turn. He is a handful. He gives terrible twos a new definition.. and he has been like this since before he was 1. So I'll get a good work out then.

Oh my giraffes are adorable. They are easy to make, it only takes 2 clay pots, some glue, some wood dowels and a piece of foam and some paint. I'll make a couple, I also want to make a camel and maybe an elephant. I'll take some pictures and get them on here when they are all done.

Ok well I suppose I better get moving. Will check in after work to see what you two are up to.. Have a great day.

Dahlia

Last edited by Dahlia; 03-18-2004 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:46 AM   #245  

Cat - wow - shopping spree sounds great! What all did you buy?

Dahlia - I am sorry to hear about your MIL. I take over 10 pills a day myself, and I know that I get confused. I have one of the pillboxes you mentioned, in an effort to get it straight. Once I just accepted that I had to take them I stopped being depressed about it. Does she have alzheimers?

Well, just finished my tomato and goat cheese omelette, and now I am having coffee. I am really a mean omelette cooker now. I was having trouble folding them, but practice makes perfect! I have to jump in the shower, as this morning is when I volunteer to teach knitting. Then lunch with my folks, and then Oklahoma rehearsal. I am teaching the blocking to the song Oklahoma, so it is a big rehearsal.

Yes, Dahlia - the new job is real estate. I am very excited. I could be starting in a couple of weeks. I thought I wasn't starting until this June. My brother called yesterday and said they want me to start part time in the next few weeks. That means a shopping spree for me!!!

Hope you both have a great day!

Meg
Old 03-18-2004, 04:37 PM   #246  
Ginny

Wow, Meg a shopping spree, you and Cathy are lucky... I went on a small one a short time ago with buying baby clothes, I have one of each new grandbabies coming so I went a little nuts in the baby department, then I also bought a couple outfits for the ones I already have... but I enjoyed every moment of it..

We don't know if mil has alziemers but we are beginning to suspect she may have the beginnings of it.. Scary part is she wants to get her car out now that the snow is gone.. and we don't want her to drive... she can't hear, she has hearing aids but refuses to wear them.. and she don't see that well, her eyes are always watering.. well hopefully now that I am making sure she takes her allergy meds that may improve.. but she if very stubborn and independent and we don't want to take that away from her but we don't want her to injure anyone either... including herself.

What fun Meg to be starting a new job.. and sooner than you expected.. it's good to start slow with part time... by June you'll be an old pro..

Ok, got to do payroll now then make supper. Will check in later.
Dahlia
Old 03-18-2004, 10:24 PM   #247  

Rehearsal went great - and so did knitting class. Only 2 of my girls showed today, so they got the royal treatment. Did bad for lunch - hot dog, but good for dinner - burger with no bun, and only a few fries. Side of broccoli.

Dan and I just got home. Going to get into my pjs and watch The Apprentice!

Talk to you tomorrow...

Meg
Old 03-19-2004, 07:51 AM   #248  
Ginny

Good morning Meg and Cathy and anyone who is reading but not posting. we want to hear from you toooooo. Just got back from Curves, my third time this week, it is working out great, I get up and am at Curves by 7:10 am at the latest and get back in plenty of time to go to work. I find I am having more energy at the end of the day.. the first week I was ready for bed by 8 pm but now I stay up till 10 and I feel good. I must also say, knock on wood, that since I have started at Curves my back has been doing tremendously well, and you guys know how much trouble it was giving me...

It is going to be a good day. It has to be, it's friday...... tonight hubby and I go out for fish dinner and to get our groceries. It is our highlight of the week, pathetic aren't we.

Well, I'll check in before bedtime, to see how your day has been, so have a good one.

Dahlia
Old 03-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #249  
Gym'll fix it!!

Dahlia your day sounds as exciting as mine my highlight of the day is going shopping too for groceries as well as other things.

Meg, we are having family over this summer so I was buying new sheets, duvets, crockery etc not that we don't have them already but for some reason i always want everything to be brand new when I have visitors

Not able to exercise here foot is really painful so i've decided to rest it I walked 2mls yesterday and that was a mistake i should have just taken it easy. Being a couch potato and eating creme eggs in front of the tv is'nt any good for me tho' and i've gained 1.5lbs this week. I'll have to be good this coming week.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:55 PM   #250  

Cathy - So sorry to hear about your foot! Sounds like your shopping spree was fun. I love buying stuff for the house.

I haven't exercised all week. I am upset, but have no one to blame but myself. Tonight I am going to my SIL's house to stamp. I am making cards for all the kids in the show. I have some stamps of cowboy boots, and a few others. I think it will be great.

TAlk to you later!
Meg
Old 03-20-2004, 07:48 AM   #251  
Ginny

Good morning,

It is 7:30 am on Saturday and I am up, I have already swept and vacuumed my house and now will do some office work. I am spending the afternoon with my dgd (3) again. I like this routine, I look forward to my Saturday afternoons .

It is raining out today but it's 43 degrees. Tomorrow is suppose to get down to 28 for a high. So we have to enjoy today.

I hope you all are having a good weekend, I'll be checking in later to see what you are up to.

Dahlia
Old 03-20-2004, 11:30 AM   #252  
Gym'll fix it!!

I've been up since 2.15 Dahlia i hate it when i can't sleep because i end up watching the hours go by hopefully this means i'll sleep tonight. Its a beautiful day here for the first day of Spring and i'm in the mood to get lots of jobs done so once i get rid of hubby i'm going to do a major clean up and then clean out my kitchen cabinets and re-organise them then its outside i go to sand down some furniture that is a half finished project from last year decided its time to finish everything once and for all

Meg, i hope the cards turn out well i'm sure you'll do a great job.

Going to make some brekky
Old 03-20-2004, 08:10 PM   #253  
Ginny

Cathy,
Sorry to hear about your night, I hear you, I've been there, and I know what you mean.Sounds like you had a lot planned to do today,, bet you were thinking about it all the while you couldn't sleep..

Ended up having my son's whole family over for lunch today then they left my dgd here for the rest of the afternoon.. we baked cookies and decorated them, watched some cartoons and played, then we went shopping and ended up at the Dairy Queen, she got a treat and I took one home for the rest of the family. Had a great day.

It's getting cold out again and the wind is really blowing hard. Started making 2 more giraffes. Another big one and a smaller one. So I'll have a mommy, daddy and baby. Think I'll put a little bow on the small one . Making a pot family also. Have to find a baby's bowtie for the daddy. You would think with all the boys I had I'd have one.. but I guess I didn't save any.

Well, going to bed early tonight, dh is already snoring on the couch. Poor guy he really works to hard especially this time of the year. There is just so much to do. We are all busy.

Will check in again in the morning till then. nighty night

Dahlia
Old 03-20-2004, 08:50 PM   #254  

Cathy - sorry to hear you didn't get a good night's sleep.

Went to my brother's house yesterday and he and my SIL were not really themselves. Ted and a friend drove to Milwaukee (from Chicago) to see the March Madness games. After the first game my brother's cell rang, with a message from the friend's boss saying to call home. He used my bro's phone to call home and the pediatrician answered the phone - then the phone cut out. They ran outside, and he called back. He said, "yes, I have a ride home, I won't drive - just tell me - just tellme". Then he fell to the ground crying. His 20 month old didn't wake up from his nap. My brother had to drive him home for over an hour. It was awful. My brother has a 20 month old, and he felt SOOO guilty. They were both really upset when I got there.

The project helped get their mind off it, but my SIL was still upset.

Today we had rehearsal, and it was exhausting. I couldn't get to sleep last night when I got home, so this afternoon I took a 3 hour nap. I just woke up, and now dan is asleep in bed! Silly, Dan!

Can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!!! And, let's all take a moment to be happy for what we have, as life is so precious. I will talk to you tomorrow...

Meg
Old 03-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #255  
Ginny

Oh Meg, so sorry to hear about your friend's child... what a devastating thing to happen. It's every parent's nightmare....give him our condolences...will say a prayer for them all.

It's a mini blizzard out again today, spring bah humbug... where? certainly not here.
Going to church then to get a few items I need to work on my giraffes this afternoon.
Staying in the rest of the day and working on my giraffes and watching tv.

Hope you gals get some rest. A 3 hour nap, wow.. I snooze for 10 minutes on the chair I think I'm doing good..

Later,
Dahlia
Closed Thread