Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:34 PM   #106  
Ginny

Good evening Lisa
and everyone else... yes trying to stay warm here. It's 9 F. here. It's still snowing and blowing, schools were closed again. The snow plow finally did come down our road this afternoon, now we can get our mail again.

I went to Curves this morning, hubby had to go to town so I caught a ride with him... our road was a one way opening so we snuck out. I am tired of winter. I am just plain tired. Had to get up 3 times last night with sick dogs. I have two of them and one got sick at 11 pm, the other at 1:30 and at 3 one wanted to go out and after it had been sick I figured I'd better let it go out again. Anyway such breaks in my sleep time leave me feeling ragged.
Also my asthma was acting up badly this morning, and after exercising it took a while and several puffs of my inhaler to get breathing right again. That makes me tired too.

Well, I won't bore you, but not much going on around here. Oldest son went to pick up youngest son from college this afternoon, they should be back in about another hour or so. Monday dh and I have to take him back.. hope the weather improves, but it don't look like it's going to anytime soon.

Where is everyone? Terry, Pam, Emily, Cathy, Grandma G., Barbara Ann, Tech... come join me and Lisa,, we are lonely here all by ourselves.

Take care, will check in again in the morning.

Dahlia
Old 01-29-2004, 09:47 PM   #107  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm tired too Dahlia i'm not sleeping well at all and last night hubby came to bed and kept me awake with his snoring i'm sure if he had slept on the sofa as he often does then i would have had a better night i even took a nytol to help but it did'nt i just feel like i have no energy today, i have'nt exercised can't be bothered. I've just cleaned, done a little laundry and watched tv today and eaten some junk to boot. I enjoyed Oprah's birthday party it was nice to see Tina Turner again off to watch more tv
Old 01-29-2004, 10:17 PM   #108  
Woman on a Mission

Hey all,

I am tired of winter. Well not winter as much as this -35C crap with wind chills. Yuck. Oh well that's what we get in Canada eh

Cathy I watched Oprah's birthday party too and enjoyed it. I love Tina Turner. I would love to look as good as she does. She works hard and it shows. I have to give great big kudos to Oprah too. I thought she looked very svelte and fit. You can tell she's turned her weight around again. She looks damn good for 50.

Dahlia, I hope tonight is better for you. Our oldest dog has been whining alot at night this past little while so my DH hasn't been sleeping too well either. I sleep with ear plugs to ignore his snoring so luckily I sleep right through the dog's whining.

Lisa, hi to you.

I'm joining WW meetings again on Saturday. I have been doing so well with the exercise but I just can't seem to get my head back in the game. My friend is also going to come with me so at least I'll have a meeting buddy to be accountable to. I really don't feel like seeing that beginning number again but thems are the breaks when you bring it on yourself.

Hope you all are looking forward to the weekend. Here's to it warming up and spreading some sunshine.

See you all tomorrow.

Pam
Old 01-29-2004, 10:32 PM   #109  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Good evening everyone! Its still cold, cold, cold here! -35 in Canada! We are right about there too, here in Wisconsin! Some local schools were even delayed here this morning, but not ours.

I've had a really busy day, and I missed Oprah's Birthday! bummer! I didn't even know about it until I read your posts. Guess I'm out of the loop today.

Dahlia - Between the weather, the asthma and the dogs, I believe you are tired! Wow, girl! I hope you can get some good ZZZs tonight. And I hope the dogs are feeling better.

Well, I better get back to updating the karaoke books. Hoping to work on taxes tomorrow and get them filed! Can't wait for the checks to come in....even though the money's all been spent! OH, speaking of $$, I looked at a treadmill today at Sears. Get this - the thing cost $2500!!!!!!!! WOWSERS! For that amount of money, it better generate enough power to heat my house!
Old 01-30-2004, 12:40 AM   #110  
Gym'll fix it!!

Pam, I'm so glad i don't live in "your" part of Canada i would absolutely hate those temperatures its around 7 here I saw on the news that London, England is freezing their a$$e$ off too please..please thaw out before i come over there Tina does look great does'nt she? she never looks any older! I'm trying to think how old she will be she's 65!! My God thats amazing

Well, i'm gonna have a cup of hot choc and then snuggle up in bed
Old 01-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #111  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,

wow -37 even in C that is cold. It's still snowing and blowing here. I think the weather men are stuck in the same track everyday cause the report doesn't change.

I'm going into Curves later this morning, catching a ride with dh cause the roads are really bad. so we try to consolidate all our errands into one.

Glad to see more postings this morning. It's nice to know everyone is still alive and kicking

Nothing much to say so I'll just end this and do some work in the office this morning. I finished one of my applique Christmas stockings the other day and already started the second one. They are for my two new grandbabies.

Have a good day all, and stay warm.

Dahlia
Old 01-30-2004, 02:35 PM   #112  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

I'm FREEZING! We went and looked at a horse this morning and spent about an hour outside in this arctic chill! Not sure if we will buy the horse yet or not....too cold to let him out in the pasture and see if he can be easily caught. And wayyyy to cold to ride!

Was late doing my work out this moring cuz I had to go take care of 8 dogs, 6 cats and three birds (petsitting). My DS6 is at his friends house right now, DH has the day off and I have taxes and ebay stuff to do (again!).

Doing okay otherwise.....sitting on the computer until my feet, legs and hands warm up!

Have a super day!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #113  
Donna

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around in a couple of days. Our 'puter is in the basement and it's gets really cold typing on it so after being down here for the class and homework I just want to go back up stairs and thaw out. We bought a space heater to warm this corner of the room (the rest really isn't bad) so hopefully that helps.

I see our weather is supposed to get warmer Mon of course it's also supposed to snow, I'm not sure which is worse frigid or snow. At least with frigid I don't have to shovel .

Haven't been tracking my food at all this week, just keep eating. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage. I did buy a balance ball and tape and try it out on Wed morning. I don't remember who said they didn't feel anything but let me tell you my abs were sooooooo sore yesterday (of course some of that might have been PMS). My sis can't mall walk tomorrow (we usually go on Sat morning) so maybe I'll break out the long underwear and take the beast for a walk, he'd love it. Maybe I'll even try it today the sun is beautiful.

Vent Time - feel free to ignore
Yesterday DH and I went to the store and on the way I thought he was going to get us killed, cutting off this other driver (who did try to cut him off first). They just kept going back and forth, and when I complained DH said "well he started it" I felt like I was talking to a 6 year old, only a car is way more dangerous than your hand or something. Anyway, I just needed to ***** to someone, so you guys win the prize .
End Vent

Well, since it seems I've written a novel, I'll go away now. Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep, stays warm, exercises lots (I guess that'll get you warm) and has a great day, whatever you're doing.

-Tech
Old 01-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #114  
Ginny

Hi again,
Just a quick note,, I went to curves and boy the roads around here are really in bad shape, The plow came down our road yesterday but he didn't do a very good job, he just sort of widen the 2 track we had going, it's ridiculous. I would love to able to tell these guys to do a better job or find a new one.

I had another bad night with the dogs, they weren't sick but the male kept pacing the floor last night, we have a wood floor and he has very long nails.. so it was click click click half the night, both my hubby and I wanted to shoot him by morning..I even took him downstairs around 3 let him outside and was going to make him stay down, but those sad eyes,, I couldn't do it.. but he did go to sleep finally after that little outing.. or maybe it was the threats I gave him all the way back up stairs..LOL

I have been doing really good with my exercising and food choices this week, I did have a couple snacks that I shouldn't have had, like some cheese popcorn.. but I was still down this morning, so that made me feel good. My boys have told me how proud they are of me for going to curves and that makes me feel good to.. Now if I just could get some sleep at night...

Having hubby's b/day tomorrow, his day is Sunday, but with the superbowl.. and all.
Having the kids and their families over for supper and cake and ice cream. On Sunday I am taking dh out to lunch where ever he wants to go. I am baking him a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and since I can't eat chocolate I'll just have ice cream.

Ok, enough for a short note will check back later,
Dahlia
Old 01-30-2004, 06:24 PM   #115  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

You'll get a laugh outta this it is'nt snowing or cold but its very windy so i am staying indoors where i've been for the past 2 days wonder what i'd do if i lived where you gals live

Just watching Dr Phil and he's got his son in on the act helping overweight kids out it never ends does it?
Old 02-01-2004, 04:50 PM   #116  
Donna

Hmm, pretty quiet around here this weekend. Hope that means everyone is out having fun (or at least staying warm ). It's been really nice and sunny here for the last few days, unfortunately it's also been frigid temps, oh well guess you can't have everything.

I didn't get in any exercise on Fri (big surprise), but yesterday we did take the dog's for a walk if only a short one before our noses froze. I can't believe how many people in our neighborhood haven't shoveled this year. The city must be slacking on handing out citations...Not that I want more city interference... hmmm what a quandry.

We went to our church for a "chili cook off" last night. There were 10 guys who each made a pot of chili (it was a men only challenge), and I was amazed at how different each one tasted. DH's won the "most likely to cause heartburn" award. Which really supprised me since this is one of my favorite recipes and I don't do spicy. DH ends up adding more chili powder at the table.

Tonight were just hanging out at home and making a fire, baking meatloaf and potatos and vegging while watching the game (or at least some of it). It should be a nice relaxing evening.

Dahlia - Weird about your dogs hope everything is OK. Last night DH tossed our cat down the stairs because he was sitting under the dresser crying for no reason. You are so dedicated with the exercise and Curves. I am impressed. If you don't mind I may pm you with a couple of flower questions.

Cathy - Right about now I wish I didn't live where it was so cold, of course come Aug, I'm wishing for cooler temps, just never happy I guess. Hope London warms up before you head out.

Lisa - Did you make a decision about the horse, do you live on a farm or something?

Pam - How did the joining WW go?

Well since I've written a novel (again ) I'm going to sign off now.

Have a great one everybody!!!

-Tech
Old 02-01-2004, 06:48 PM   #117  
Ginny

Good evening everyone.
Tech, you can pm me anytime..
It has been nice and sunny last 3 days. today is DH b/day I took him out to dinner, ( he drove and picked the spot and he even paid) now that is the kind of date I like
but we had a fantastic dinner and a nice drive. He is now watching the super bowl and I am playing on here. Had the kids over last night for supper and cake for him.

Thank you Tech,, I am trying to really stick with Curves and go there 3 times a week. I really want this to work this time. Just hope I can keep it up when I get back to working full time in two weeks.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend girls and take care, I'll check in again in the morning.
Dahlia
Old 02-01-2004, 09:39 PM   #118  
Ginny

Hi again

I need someone to do me a favor. Will one of you try to e-mail me something. Go to the profile or whatever and try it... I tried to do it to check it out and it tells me that I do not wish to receive e-mails from anyone, but that is not true, I have it all checked in the right places that I will accept e-mails. It may just be that I cannot e-mail myself.. but I would like to know.

Ok, thanks..
Dahlia
Old 02-02-2004, 09:39 AM   #119  
Connecticut

Morning ...

Sorry I have not been around but my computer's internet connection has been just awful -- intermittant and no Outlook Express. Comcast is sending another tech tonight, and hopefully, they can figure this out as it is most frustrating. I am knocking on wood here as it seems to be running fine this morning. I have started to post so many times only to be kicked off -- .

Hope all is well, and that everyone's weight loss efforts are progressing. I actually have been on the treadmill -- and have seriously restarted South Beach (rejoined their site so when I pay money you know I am serious! ) -- thus the battle continues.

Dahlia, I had to laugh at the dogs and their "click-click" because Mac (American Eskimo) does that in the bedroom --- he paces back and forth at night and it drives me absolutely batty. You know who "rules the roost" when I end up in the spare bedroom to sleep!

We went over a friend's house yesterday to watch the SuperBowl (yes, Pats!!) and it was just an awesome game -- unfortunately she had a feast set out but I did OK considering. No alcohol and just sampled a little bit of everything. They have a 52" plasma TV -- great way to watch the game!

Let me post before I lose this connection and hopefully I'll be back later. I wish everyone a Super Monday!

Terry
Old 02-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #120  
Donna

Good Morning (oops I guess its afternoon) everyone,

Popped in really quick to check a couple of things before I head out to my folks house. They live about an hour away. It wouldn't be a big deal except that last summer my sister, her DH and baby moved in with them and I gave him my key, so now I have to stop at my sis's work and pick up a key and go over because I'm the only one on their bank SDB and they need something out of it faxed to them (they're out of town until April). I'm also the only one who doesn't live in the same town as them....It's just a pain. Anyway sorry to go on and on...Those of you with adult kids if you set up something like this pick the one living closest.

Gained a pound last week (WI is today) Really not too upset since I'm due for TOM and feeling really bloated. If I can just behave this week it should go back away next.

Watched the super bowl it was a pretty good game. Since I didn't care which team one I'm glad it was close. My favorite commercial was the Bud Light one with the dogs (if you saw it you know what I mean). Somehow I missed the whole Janet thing with her chest, but they sure did harp on it on the View today, so if it was on purpose she got what she wanted, Publicity.

Daliah - I tried to e-mail you thru your profile and got the same response maybe you need to ask one of the CHICKS what's up.

Terry - glad to see you back. Hope your computer problems are a thing of the past.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
Closed Thread