Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 10:26 AM   #31  

Deb-I am off today, too!! I just got back from a 10 mile run and I feel fantastic!!

To the queen of clean (Sherry)-What kind of vacuum do you have? Mine just went bad, and Mike said I can go get a new one. I'm thinking of the Hoover WindTunnel bagless. What do you think??
Old 11-11-2003, 10:27 AM   #32  

It's so nice to have the day off work!!

I'm going to spend the day with my Mom. We're going to eat and shop!

I'll post more tonight to each one of you but wanted to say hi.

God Bless all of our Veterans that fought for us.Also all the Men & Woman who are fighting for us today. Ramona, your Sons are in my thought & prayers.

Have a great OP day!!

HUGS!!
Old 11-11-2003, 11:08 AM   #33  

Thank you all for remembering our veterans today. I don't know if I ever told you or not, but Rick's father spent 2 years and 3 months in a prisoner of war camp in China during the Korean Conflict. From the time he got out for the rest of his life, he suffered hellish nightmares about being a POW. However, he NEVER talked about it. This day holds special meaning to us.

I think it is so nice that you all have the day off. The schools don't close here for Veteran's Day, which is a shame.

Ben will be home until the 16th of Dec. so we will celebrate a little early with him. We had a combo Thanksgiving-Christmas for Dan before he left. We got him a laptop computer that he can take to Iraq. He has a wireless internet card so he can send us messages anytime, as long as the battery holds out. He will have Thanksgiving Day off and his girlfriend is driving to Ft. Hood to be with him. I'm glad he won't be alone.

We met with the "buyers" last night until 7:00. They are really gung ho, so I hope it will happen soon.

Sherry: Will I miss the store???.......NO, NO, NO, a thousand times NO!!! I will really be dissapointed if it doesn't sell.

Dee: You and Larry should write a book...part adventure, part romance guide!!!

Shelley: I have the bagless wind tunnel and I really like it....well, as much as a person can like a vacuum cleaner!! LOL

Debbie: You are doing so well with Atkins. Keep up the good work.

Gayle: I'm ready to see some pictures of your projects. How much longer until the craft fair?

Carol: I hope you and your family are well. Let us hear from you soon.

Vicki, Doni, Cheryl, Jennelle, Titan, Kiwi, I hope you are all doing fine and staying OP!

Best Bumper Sticker:
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER
IF YOU CAN READ THIS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER
Old 11-11-2003, 02:18 PM   #34  
Losing it!

I'll be back later to post to everyone. Here's a couple pics of the mailbox that i snapped today while sealing. The fisherman is on one side with the line going around to the actual fish/water scene on the other side.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #35  
Losing it!

second side (flag side) of mailbox...
Old 11-11-2003, 02:28 PM   #36  

Gayle that it awesome, quite the surprise on the size of the fish. I love the way you did the water. On the side with fisherman do you have a cloud in the sky? It shows up a little light and is hard to see the details on that picture. If you make another one you could pot the man siloette by the sunset.

Ramona you are to funny. Some of our friends have said to us that we could write a series of books with all of our life experiences.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #37  

Gayle, What a great job!!! You should sell your artwork with no problem at all! You are a fantastic artist!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #38  
Losing it!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!! May God keep our service people safe as they protect our country. If you know a Vet, give them an extra hug today!

Thank you for the kind words! You guys make me feel good even when I'm having days such as today were I really dought my work and want to throw the brush down!! I painted a black mailbox today with roses, the colors really standout. BTW: I'm working on a toilet seat now...I'll post a pic when I'm done. Steve say's if it ain't moving, I paint it!

Dee, nice idea of the sunset. I started this one out with just the one painted side, then I thought it would be nice to have something on the other side for when people drive by.

Shelley, I have a bag free Hoover Fold away, the one designed where the handle flips down for storage. Purchased about 2 months ago when my Fantom (really, really like, but couldn't afford a new one) bit the dust. This one is really nice, only wish it had a longer extension hose.

Ramona, my father was with the first invasion on Guadalcanal in WW2, so I have so much respect for our service guys. He, like your FIL, never discussed any of it and suffered from terrible nightmares. I go out to a veterans home quite a bit with Hospice work. Some of the people have been there for years and are so lonely. I could basically go early in the morning and stay until late at night, there is always someone who wants to visit or wants a hug. I encourage all of you to find a veterans home and stop in someday, you will not regret it.

Deb, I'm doing basically low carb, keeping my carb count to under 20, but adding more of the good veggies then Atkins recommends for induction. I think thats why I had problems before, I NEEDED my vegetables! I'm eating lots of tuna, chicken and lettuce salads.

Sherry, are you feeling better??

Kellye: Is this the actual spelling of your name? I like it, it's different. How many years have you been in the States?

Ok, all of you other FLOOZIES, and you know who you are!!! POST, POST POST!!! We miss you!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 05:22 PM   #39  

gdeann - yup, it is the actual spelling of my name - my grandmothers maiden name was Kelly and my mother wanted to name me after her but also wanted it to sound more feminine and so added the 'e' at the end.
I have been in the states for 4 years now.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:51 PM   #40  

I'm going to start a new thread now...See Ya on #51
Old 11-11-2003, 08:53 PM   #41  

STOP!!!!! Please Go To #51.........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!
Closed Thread