Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 07:10 PM   #16  

Howdy

I'm home from working the game. I'm really tired.Instead of my 3 regular suites, I picked up an extra one because someone called in sick. So after 4 suites and 9 hours later...I'm home.

My chest hurt on & off all day but I made it!

Welcome Kiwi!!!!! It's so nice to have you!!!! We are all on different dieting plans and all have bonded a very close friendship.I hope that you will continue to post with us! What plan are you following and how much do you want to lose? Tell us more about you. Again...Welcome!!!

Shelley,
It's been in the 60's here today as it will all week.Enjoy your 80 degree weather! I'm so jealous!! Yeah..I noticed also that Jennelle was posting over at Adkins. Maybe she'll join us again one day. I do miss her.

Gayle,
Take care of that bad breathing!! I'm worried about your g/f!Maybe you should go to the Dr!!!!???? I also was raised on MEAT & TATORS!!! Guess that's why I'm having weight problems today.We also had to clean our plates!

Dee,
How was your Anniversary? Tell us all about it IF you can post it here!!

Debbie,
I enjoyed "BUSTIN' BUTT" with you today!! I can really tell you're loosing weight!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Ramona,
Please read my post to you at the bottom of #49. Are you ok? I'm worried about you!!

To all the other Floozies.....Hope you had a great weekend and post soon!!!

Love & Big Hugs.........

Last edited by Sherry; 11-09-2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:25 PM   #17  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Welcome Kiwi!! We are glad you have joined us.

How about those ""TITANS""!!! There were HOT today!

What a game!! I was running around trying to get caught up so I could watch some of the game. It never happened!! Busy! Busy!

Gayle....That is Toby Keith. I love all his songs. Steve may wonder why you are singing "I love this bar" though...LOL.

Shelley.....I think Becky is a good size too. I wouldn't advise anyone to go a stitch Adkins diet unless they were older or had a lot to lose. Becky should be able to just excerise and cut back on sweets and breads to lose a few pounds.

Sherry.....OK....I'm too old for this..LOL. I hurt all over!! If I didn't love working the game so much, there is NO way I could do it. Please get some rest tonight, I know you worked hard today too.

Dee...Hope you had a wonderful Anniversary. We want to hear all the details. LOL

Ramona... Hope you are OK. Thinking of you and your family.

When I got home James had my supper cooked. What a sweetie!!

Hugs to all my Floozie friends!
Old 11-10-2003, 01:25 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Deb, can we all borrow James? Steve's idea of cooking a meal would be to boil water and add a bag of Raman noodles! I ran to the store super early this morning and on the way home, I caught the song. Later in the day when I was trying to figure it out, I asked Steve and he said He didn't know who sang it, but it had been running through his head all day! Guess both of us are a couple of bar flies!

WELCOME KELLYE!!! You will just LOVE this group! We get kinda slow at times, but we are big into motivation, support and ideas. I have came to treasure each and every person in this group as a special friend. So, don't let the name scare you off, tell us more about yourself!!

Sherry, yep, you passed the stuff off to me through the computer! Actually, I think I am having Asma issues and with all of the base coating and sealing, I have breathed one too many fume! But, I only have 11 days to get everything done! I keep my handy dandy inhaler handy at all times! I'll be ok...doctors are not my favorite people to go see. I'll post a pick later this week, I painted a mailbox yesterday with a fish on it for the sportsmen. I did it free hand without a pattern to look at, let's just say it looks unique...guess I'll need to tell everyone that it's some rare african razor back wide mouth bass or something...
Old 11-10-2003, 05:42 AM   #19  

Welcome Kellye!! I'm glad you posted over here. Keep on posting over at the exercise thread too!!

Sherry-I'm MAD at you!!!!!! You over did it this weekend!! You should have been resting to get rid of that stuff completely! The first time I see you I'm gonna beat your butt!!LOL!!

Did you see the announcement at the top of the forum? I'm thinking that maybe we should give our weight losses as a total for all the Floozies. What do you think??? Just an idea.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:31 AM   #20  

Shelley,
Great idea!!! OK Floozie's...Let's figure out how much we have lost since joining the 3fatchicks!! Please post your pounds lost.I'll add them up and give Suzanne the FLOOZIE'S LOSS TOTAL!! This should be fun!!

Monday Weigh-In:
I lost 3 of the 5 lbs. I gained while on Pred. Now I have 2 to go before I get back to where I was before I got sick. THEN I have 10 more to go to make my Challenge Goal this month.

Today's Weight:160

Have a great OP day!! I've gotta get ready for work!

Oh Gayle...Please post the picture of the mailbox...It sounds beautiful!!

Last edited by Sherry; 11-10-2003 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:15 AM   #21  

Thank you for the kind welcome!
I am a New Zealander living in North Carolina - gained all this weight living in the US - I was able to eat anything I wanted in Kiwiland and not worry too much about my weight. Boy, did I get a shock when I got here!
I am mostly focusing on exercising - I joined a gym recently and I won a months worth of free personal training by Superbodies, but I have yet to use that. A friends brother who is a sports fitness person thingy said that its better to eat what you want, as long as it is in moderation and does not have too much preservatives in the food, and so I try to do that. I do not eat many sugar products as I don't have a sweet tooth (thank goodness for that!)
I will go and post in the exercise thread now!
Old 11-10-2003, 01:24 PM   #22  

WELCOME KIWI!!! I know you will love coming here and sharing with these wonderful women.

Sorry I haven't been around much. First of all, I'm so disgusted with my eating and with myself, that I've just been lurking. I hope maybe today I finally have myself under control and will start seeing some progress again.
Also, we have a very serious buyer for the store(they actually have the money!) and I've been trying to get some inventory lists together for them. Hopefully, we will know something in the next 2 weeks. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I've already been offered another job(music department at high school) but I have to let them know soon.

Ben will be home in 8 days and I'm trying to get things ready for him. I put a small Christmas tree up yesterday so he can have Christmas while he is here. I found a 4ft. tall white tree and decorated it with red and blue balls, red and blue stars and red, white, and blue ribbon. I found some Christmas wrapping paper with Santa dressed in an American flag and releasing doves from his hands and another with snowmen holding flags. I wrapped some empty boxes and put under the tree so it wouldn't look bare.

I hope all of you who have been under the weather are feeling better now.

BTW Sherry, I have lost 70 pounds since being with 3FC. Unfortunately, I've gained 20 back, so, I don't know how you would list that.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #23  

Ramona-The tree sound adorable. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Kiwi-It must be nice not to crave sugar!! Candy is always calling to me!

Sherry-My total (off and on) is a loss of 20 lbs. since being on 3FC. I can't believe I've been around for over 3 years. I haven't been with the Floozies quite that long, maybe 2 1/2? I can't remember!

Sherry and Debbie-Thanks for trying to get me to throw out the cc, but tonight will be the last night. There is maybe 2 or 3 points of it left, and I'm gonna enjoy every morsel of it! I have decided that I want to try to get back down to 125. I know that my face looks too thin when I get down there, but who cares???

Carol-Where the heck are you?? I miss you and your daily motivations!!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 11-10-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #24  

Ramona,
Your tree sounds so cute & sentimental. I know Ben will just love it!! When you get depressed about gaining or not staying OP, PLEASE come HERE!!! That's why we're here.We will support, motivate & love you no matter what. Don't ever forget that!! I've got my finger crossed on you selling your business. My question is: Won't you miss the business once it's gone?

Debbie...Congrats on another pound gone FOREVER!!!! WTG girl!!

Shelley....Look right under your name...You'll see the date you registered with 3fatchicks.

I started here in Aug. 1999. I weighed 198 then. Today at 160. So I've lost 38 lbs.

Ramona: 50 lbs.
Shelley: 20
Sherry: 38

That's 108 lbs. so far!!!!! Come on Ladies...Give me your stats please!! Thanks!!

Gotta wash dishes......
Love ya'll......
Old 11-10-2003, 07:27 PM   #25  

Dee......Where the heck are you????? Are you still celebrating Your Anniversary??!! I miss you so much!!!!!! BIG HUGS!!!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #26  
Losing it!

Sherry, I've lost right at 50 pounds since joining the site. But, sad to say, I've packed half of it back on...I'm pitiful, huh?

I just finished watching a news program filmed in Nashville. It was about a young guy getting killed 10-15 years ago and they have yet to solve the case. I guess he got involved in some dirty dealings with a recording/promoting studio. Have you heard of it? Also, they did a segment on Buddy Jewel, he said right up to the last minute, he would of never guessed he was going to win Nashville star. He seems like a really nice Christian man who has turned his life around in the right direction.

On a good note, I had one FULL day of staying OP!!!!!!!! Only thirty trillion more days to go!

Ramona, did you get to have Christmas with Dan before he left, or did you decide to wait until his return? Ben will just LOVE the tree! Look's like we're in the same boat on the losing and gaining weight issue!

Kiwi: Are you married? Single?? Kids?? Family?? Hobbies and any peticular interest? We're nosey, so let us know more about you!

Dee, How are you feeling? Did you decide to go off with Larry to Vegas?? PLEASE CHECK IN!

Deb: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!! Are you staying at the induction of 20 carbs?

Shelley, you amaze me with your dedication to keep your weight in control. I wish I could get the correct mind set...
Old 11-10-2003, 11:00 PM   #27  

Quote:
Kiwi: Are you married? Single?? Kids?? Family?? Hobbies and any peticular interest? We're nosey, so let us know more about you!
Omg! I forgot to tell you all about me!

I am married, with a 3 year old son, his name is Gabe. I hail from NZ, which is obvious by my name Married to an american, whom I met thru the net.
My hobbies - sport, reading, scrapbooking, walking, and my beloved cats.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:02 AM   #28  

I am here, I am here! Thank you for all the lovely anniversary wishes. Gayle you are right, I was just a child bride of 17, two and a half months before my 18th birthday. Larry is younger than I by 6 months so you can say I robbed the cradle. No I wasn't pregnant.
We had a beautiful day. We started a fire around 3:00 and sat around and had cocktails til 5:00 listening to soft romantic music. We set up a table beside the fire. It had a red check table cloth with a bouquet of tulips and a clay candle. I am surprised that we didn't set the whole place on fire, I had over a dozen candles burning. We started with a shrimp appetizer followed by a tossed salad and a roll. For the main course we had stuffed potatoes with lobster tails. Our heavenly dessert was a pecan chocolate tart with coffee. It was a special evening. Larry gave me two pairs of gold earrings. He also surprised me with a navy pair of silk european underware.lol I had bought him the same thing except they were black. We were tucked into bed before midnight because Larry was leaving for New York sunday morning at 6:00 am.

Sherry I loved the clip art. Thank you. Please remember to not push yourself. We want the old Sherry back.

Debbie did you sleep in this weekend? I loved your story about Katelyn. It was so cute.

Gayle when you spray and do sanding are you wearing a mask? It might help if you are wearing one. I usually wear one because the dust and fumes bothers my ashma.

Shelley are you back on program today? Yesterday I ate uncontrolably. I hate that. Today I am doing much better.

Ramona when are you expecting an offer for your business? I really hope that you are able to sell your business this time. Your tree sounds so creative. I am sure that Ben will appreciate it. So did you celebrate christmas with Dan already?

Cheryl how was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting?

Kiwi how did you hear about 3FC's? Our group is fabulous. We are really connected to each other. Welcome to our group.

For those of you that asked about my cyst. It is about pea size. It isn't very big, the concern is that it is close to the artery. I only wish that they could take it off by laser. Yeah right highly unlikely here in canada. It will be done in the doctors office on November 27th. I will let you all know how it goes. I will be glad to have it removed. It bugs me.

Well I am off to bed. I will tell you tomorrow all about Larry's adventures in New York. He won't be home til late friday night, so it should be intresting to see how he makes out.

Good night.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:08 AM   #29  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Happy Veteran's Day's

All of the men and women who have fought for our freedom are in our thoughts and prayers today. And for the men and women who are still fighting, we are so thankful for them.

Dee...Your anniversary sounded wonderful. I'm sure you will miss Larry this week. In one of your earlier posts, you said something about coming to Nashville. Was it a joke or was I just dreaming...LOL.

Gayle...WTG on staying OP yesterday. One day at a time is all any of us can do. I am trying to stay under 20 carbs a day. My weight is coming off slow but I guess that is the best way. Good luck in staying OP today.

Kiwi....You met your hubby on the internet and came to American!! That is wonderful!!! Is all your family still in New Zealand?

Sherry.....I love being off today!! I slept in this morning and I still have on my gown...LOL. I was thinking this morning of ways to stay OP during the hoildays {which will be here soon} I am planning on making some low-carb desserts for Thanksgiving! I bet no one will be able to tell the difference. My top weight since joining FC is 258. I am now 225. So I have lost {a lot more} but kept off 33 pounds!!

Carol.....Please post and let us no how you are doing!! We miss you!!

Shelley....Is all you candy corn gone now!!! LOL If candy corn is your biggest down fall, that isn't too bad. I wish that was my only weakest!! Are you off work today for Veteran's Day?

Ramona....The tree sounds great!! Did you have Christmas early last year too? Seems I remember that!

Ramona sent me this , thought I would share it with you. It's so true.

Subject: things to ponder

1. I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear
loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I
wouldn't have signed up in the first place!

2. When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping", now I just "chunky dunk".

3. The early bird still has to eat worms.

4. The worst thing about accidents in the kitchen is eating them.

5. Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

6. Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?

7. Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

8. My spouse say s I never listen to her. At least I think that's what was said.

9. Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

10. Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

11. If raising children was going to be easy, it never would have
started with something called labor!

12. Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Hugs Deb
Old 11-11-2003, 10:23 AM   #30  

Good Morning

It looks like I was the last one to post last night and the first one to post this morning. Yesterday I was out most of the day. I get bored silly around here without Larry being home for lunch and the evening.

Well about Larry's trip to New York......He left the house just before 6:00 am. Got to the airport and checked in his bag. He had a bit of time to waste so he had a bit to eat. It was boarding time so he boarded the plane after being searched. (At least this time he didn't have the peper spray in his pocket like the last time he flew. He had it for protection from the bears when we were camping. The security didn't find it last time...thank goodness or he would have been locked up. When he realized that he had it in Branson he just chucked it.) Ok back to my story....It was an easy flight from here to Chicago. When he landed in Chicago he had two hours before his connecting flight to Atlantis. Yeah that is right he had to flypast New York and then back again because it was $500 cheaper for his work. When he was at Chicago they laughed at his ticket. They said that wasn't ver direct and that maybe if he hurried he would be able to get to Chicago from there on the next flight. He thought that he would give it a try. He called me to let me know that his flight might change and that his 12 hour travel day might be shortened. lol Yeah right, while he was waiting for his luggage we were chatting on the phone. All the bags starting spinning around on the turntable. That is except his was there. He waited for more bags to come out but his weren't meant to be there. With the delay he had only a few minutes left for the flight that went to New York. He said that he just ran across the airport in a panic. Well he made it to the terminal and the seats were all full. Well off he ran in a panic to the other side of the airport to catch his original plane. he said tha the was so stressed and didn't even get a chance to grab a bite to eat. That flight was sucessful and so was his next one to New York. You ask how does he like New York? He said that it is really scarey. His hotel the Marriot is not to far from the airport, and his job site at Jamaican Bay is about another 5-7 miles away. Thank goodness because he said the driving is really scarey. It is much like when he was in New Jersey. He won't venture off to far. He ended up taking a wrong turn yesterday and ended up in the hood. He isn't great with his directions. Well it will be one trip that he will remember even if he doesn't make it to see the statue of Liberty.

Hope you all have a peaceful day. Today is Rememberance Day when we honor the soldiers. Everyone has the day off.

Love you all.

DEE
Closed Thread