Old 01-11-2021, 02:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/198/180

Height: 5'8

Smile Happy great year 2021

We are all here , which is a great blessing , now another day another opportunity.
Amoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I left my phone in Branson Saturday so I retrieved it this afternoon. It was a good drive to and from. Other than this I've cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floor in there and started on the dining room.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:05 PM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Day All,

So far 2021 has been good. I will take it even if it is the first 12 days in. We nhave all recovered from the dreaded covid. C, the two grands and I got it. Sam did not. Or at least she tested negative. I had an antibodies test if it comes back positive it indeed means you had covid. I had no doubt in my mind but just for craps and giggles I did it. Positive on antibodies and negative on covid. Don't know how long the antibodies will last nor does the medical society. I will still get the vaccine when it is available to the general public. Do I know long term side effects, no but hey I don't have that many years left to even worry about it. PLUS I DO NOT WANT TO GET covid again. That was the most horrible thing ever. Only one day did I think I might die or want to die.

Refinanced the house for less payment, less years and lower interest rate. I feel like that it a huge success for me. I closed on Dec 18 so my first house payment is not until February 1st. Small break. Me thinks I will dump a huge sum into retirement this month and also pay a bit more on principle on the house. You know that huge stimulus check hahahahahaha, I guess every little bit helps.

Siblings vacation is back on for October 2021, praying the world is in a better place by now. I am so ready for fun in the sun, beach,. pool and seafood.

So cheers to 2021, I hope to post all positive things this year. Finally celebrating Christmas on January 16. The REAL tree is still up. It still looks very pretty. Having ham and beans, cornbread, salad, peanutbutter pie, cherry pie. I have gained about 7 lbs so working on getting that back off then the original 10 I still wanted to lose. Bleh. WE CAN DO THIS!

Love yas and thank you for all the prayers, good thoughts and love.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:21 AM   #19  

Morning all. Kind of want to do myself in working on this other person's work while she's on leave recovering from her injury & surgery. The schedules are effing convoluted and I have a ton of questions and when I ask her she only has these long confusing and long-winded responses. Then I have to ask the source of the information, some of whom are in Europe, so there's the time difference to deal with....At least with WFH, a lot of people are checking emails outside of their usual work hours. But still. Bleh.

So I'm here to take a sanity break.

Ceejay - I can't imagine leaving my mobile phone anywhere now, especially not for days...so funny how attached we've become to them. I still remember many years ago being in the ATT store with bf getting new phones and I asked the guy how to turn it off. He was shocked that I'd even want or need to turn it off! So funny! Of course now I don't turn it off very often, I just make sure it's on mute when I go to bed.

Annie - Glad you're all recovered from the virus. I, too, will probably get the virus as soon as it's available to the general public. == Yay for getting the mortgage re-fi'd, and putting more $$ towards the principle. You don't want to still be paying mortgage when you retire. == Nice you've got the siblings trip planned again. I hope it happens this time around! == Merry Christmas - enjoy your meal. Sounds tasty, especially the pies!

Hellos to the rest of you!

===

Nothing much to report on my end. My sister said the caregiver visits to my mom, one with my sis present and one without her seemed to go fine. Fingers crossed this continues and we can progress to more/longer visits.

I'm looking forward to a long holiday weekend. Our office also closes early the business day prior to a company holiday, so we close at 1 pm tomorrow (Friday) and we have Monday off for the MLK Jr. holiday. I would've also taken a half-day of vacation tomorrow so I could have the whole day off, but I have a meeting I'm expected to attend. Bleh. But I'll get over it, and tomorrow's payday, so yay for that.

I don't have anything planned for the weekend, but there's plenty to do around the house as usual. There's a mountain of cardboard boxes in the basement that we need to break down. When we get deliveries, we just toss the empty box to the basement. I used to think it was good to have them if we need them, but it's been a long time since I've needed to use a box to ship a package. And we're not using many boxes for anything around the house either. So I'll break most of them down for recycling. The UPS store near us used to accept the packing materials - styrofoam peanuts, bubblewrap, etc, but I doubt they would do that now...covid and all...but I'll phone and ask for the heck it.

Okay, back to the grind. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:17 AM   #20  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi All,
I'm sorry to have been away for so long. Time really passed me by. I did spend an inordinate amount of time with the riots in the Capitol. The rest of my time has been spent really trying to work the program Noom for weight loss. I have come to the conclusion that it's a head game, much like quitting smoking was for me. I have adapted and spent the last 2 weeks on the psychological aspects of weight loss and my own personal stubbornness and sabotage. I would say I am making headway and incorporating some good habits as well as mistakes, review and what did I learn from this. I would say it's going well. I have cut back on the sugar and it has made a difference in my knees. They are still quite painful but not as crippling as they were so this is encouraging to stay on program and that all is not lost after all. We went to the movies yesterday and out to dinner - all very safe in our small town. This is the quiet season - even more quiet as too warm for the lakes to freeze safely enough for ice fishing and not enough snow for snowmobiling. I'm sure it's hurting the bars that are struggling now even more so but from a resident point of view, it's nice not to have our town to ourselves for a while. The new strain of Covid was found in a town 2 hours from here - I'm sure it's moving about. So far we are all safe and healthy. DH went for a MRI as he is having lots of hand pain from his neck. He has more deterioration in his back and neck. He will see a doctor in 2 weeks. He thinks he needs surgery again, I said not to count on it because the Duluth hospitals are filled with Covid patients. This will be tricky if he has to go to Duluth for surgery. There is a huge bridge over Lake Superior that joins Wisconsin and Minnesota that terrifies me to drive on it. But won't worry until I have good reason to. I may have to entice a friend to drive him up there and pick him back up when done, especially if he has to stay in the hospital as I cannot even come into a waiting room. My ex-niece (but she will always be my niece in my mind) a very sweet girl had a mastectomy 3 days ago. She was overdue for her mammogram and went to see the doctor about reflux. He insisted she go for her mamo and she rolled her eyes as she was only about a month overdue. Good thing as they found stage one breast cancer. Good chances for a full recovery. They took fat from her stomach to reconstruct the new breast. Heck if they did that to me I'd be bigger than Dolly Parton and who needs that Other than that life is peaceful and quiet.

Laura - ugh with the project and slogging through the mud of trying to get what you need. Especially when you'd just like to wrap it up. Hope you can get the info you need and put it behind you. I used to save boxes too in case I needed to ship stuff and DH has a problem with unnecessary junk so he cuts them as soon as they come in and takes them to the garage and goes to the recycling place twice a month. Now I just hold a box or two if I know I'm shipping something to my Mom or Sister. I really didn't need to keep as many as I wanted to although sometimes I've had to snatch things from DH's grip - give me that back - I'm returning this! I'm glad the caregiver is working out with your Mom. It eases the burden on you with you having to devote your day to working. My sister is going to surprise my Mom next week and stay a few days and observe. We kind of think it's time to get her out of her house. She told me today her legs are really weak and achy and she is afraid of falling down. She has to go to the basement to do laundry and this was a big red flag to both of us. Sis and I will talk after she watches her. It's more than just getting a caregiver in. The house is old and needs repairs and it's just not worth us putting money into it. What to do with Mom is a decision we will have to make. So that's why I'm glad your Mom can be on her own with someone looking in on her. I think you are right on in your thinking to move Mom once and once only so good for you for giving it some thought.

Annie - glad you are all recovered from the Covid. So Sam was the only one lucky enough to escape it? Good for her. Hope her anxiety has calmed down. Good for you for being able to refinance the house. Sock away whatever you can, who knows what the future will bring. I'm glad to hear you are planning a vacation. I tell everyone I am writing off this year - or at least low expectations. I sincerely believe things will get better - I think there's just a lot of work and it will take time. So I will save expectations for next year. Meanwhile count the blessings of what we have in front of us. I talked to my sister tonight and she was taking her tree apart. It's always been way more fun to put it up than take it down.

Ceejay - are you still on the Weight Watchers program? I have learned alot about my unintentional resistance to weight loss. It's a journey for sure. I would miss my phone if I didn't have it. Took a long time to get a smart phone and now that I have one, I use it for a lot of things.

Shad - kudos to your Premier for doing the right thing with the Covid. If people won't behave willingly, then they will be treated like petulant children and all will suffer. We still have and always will have ignorant people who won't wear masks. The few spoil it for the many. I think if you contact the virus and it looks logical like one of the objectors was infecting people, you should be able to sue them. As for the shortages, I think people create them. I was worried last year when there was a run on cat litter and cat food. I have cats with gastric issues and no matter what you do, you can't make your own cat litter. And with 4 cats, I use a lot of both. Fortunately we weathered the storm. Toilet paper is another issue because we have a septic system and need paper that dissolves easily. Seems like all the store is getting is the 3 ply ultra plush stuff we can't use. So fortunately when there was a lull last fall, I was able to buy a bulk package of 48 rolls which hopefully will be plenty enough for us. I'm just glad we didn't have food shortages. So the nephew turning 30 - is he fretting he is getting old? 30 was when I finally got some confidence and my career took off. Not a bad time in life at all unless at 30 you are living in your parents basement, spending your days drinking without a life or a job.

Susie - hope all is well with your DH. He's had enough to worry about last year. You are right about Covid and work from home and less socializing keeping us from moving. I see it myself. The days seem to fly by so the best thing is to set a routine as you have done. I think it's gotten to the point that we all know at least one person who has had the virus. I am not in a rush to get the vaccine - would rather the people who need it more or who have to be out in public get it first. I can stay home a bit longer. One thing I don't like it today they said on the news in Wisconsin I think they have lumped smokers into with the class of 65 plus people to get the vaccine. Sorry but if you smoke, you choose each and every time to poison yourself so you should not be classified as at risk. And I say this as a 32 year former smoker. When you do substance abuse you don't get to jump the line before non abusers. It's the risk you gamble for the life choices you make.

Time to post this. Cats know I want to go to sleep so they are upstairs making a ruckus chasing each other. The bums sleep all evening and then sense the minute I want to go to sleep and start running around like a herd of monkeys.

Stay safe everyone...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:25 PM   #21  

Happy
I agree that weight loss for me is 3/4 a mindset. No I'm not following WW. I did purchase 2 months, but just do not like counting points. I'm using my own set of rules. I'm trying my version of Intermittent Fasting and mindful eating and breaking down my goals to 1 pound per week.

Annie
I'm glad that you and the gs have recovered from COVID.

Laura
I know when I was working that some bosses especially had a rule for themselves not to explain things so they would have job security. But it does make it harder when you are supposed to do their job.

Hi Shad.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #22  
Annie - Indiana

Good day/night all....

Christmas went well. My bro and SIL got me a gorgeous bracelet that I just adore. Even tho it is dressy I wear it all the time even with sweats.lol My son got me a grinch gnome. It is very cute, about a foot tall. Also got a spice rack that sits on the cabinet and spins. I am not fond of stuff sitting on my counter. Just reminds me of clutter. It has to stay as it was also a gift from brother and SIL. We took the tree down on Sunday. I was never so glad to get it down. Couldn't even move it without the brittle branches breaking off. Kind of scary cause it could go up in flames in a heartbeat.

As it turns out Sam did have covid. She did the antibody test and it came back that she had it but was the last one to get it in our household. Jacob just before that. We all had it. She must of not had it that bad or didn't realize it because she was so incapacitated with the panic attacks. The doctor said we could be immune anywhere from 3- 6 months. Hope I get the vaccine soon. Don't want that crap again.

LAURA...I know what a struggle it is to do someone else's work especially when you don't have all the info to do nor can get to it. No problems with that here at new job. I am it.

HAPPY...yikes on if DH has to have surgery. I am not so sure I would want to come within a mile of a hospital with all that covid right now. Hope NOOM is working great for you. Yep it is all a head game. Got to have your head in the game before any challenge especially the losing weight game.

Hey SHADDIE, CEEG, and SUSIE.

Oh Susie, how is your friend's daughter? Still praying for her.

FYI...I pop on FB now and again, not often, just to kind of keep up.

Everyone stay healthy.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Thought that while I was on the 'puter doing other work (like paying bills) I'd slip a quick note in here. Hope everyone is well and getting through covid okay.
We're in the middle of the cyclone season here, but for some reason, mother nature has taken pity on us and none of the formed cyclones have been biggies. I still say covid has done some good in clearing up some of the muck and air pollution in the world. For heavens sake, they started to see fish in the canals in Venice a couple of months after Italy got shut down.

Laura - sorry to hear that your Mum is losing her memory. It's so hard when that happens. Yes, I agree, only one move if at all possible. It becomes very stressful for them if you have to take them here and then there to live. Hope the caregiver is going okay with her. Hope also that you have sorted out your co-workers stuff - it's really annoying when they can't or won't give a straight forward answer to a question and as for chatting to Europe or other parts of the world, it always gets interesting when accents and foreign languages are involved.

Ceejay - I presume you must be in your old place again now. Hope the nephew didn't leave it in a state of chaos or whatever. Yes, losing weight is a mind set, and not all diets suit all people. If you can get your mind around portion control and breaking snacking, it's a good sign. 1lb a week is a good way to go.

Annie - glad to hear that 2021 is being good to you so far. Long may it last. We have nearly eradicated the virus from here, due to tough legislation on quarantining and isolation - much to the tennis players disgust. But since it was them that insisted the Australian Open went ahead and the Victorian government agreed, then they must obey the rules. Already about 6 of them have tested positive to the virus since they arrived in their chartered planes.
I hope that the siblings holiday comes off for you - it will be a break from the normal. Just got to hope that there is enough sanity left in the USA to shut this thing down for good. So you all had the virus, well it was to be expected with six of you in the house. Hard to isolate in that situation.

Happy - Interesting to note that you are looking at the Zoom program. They are advertising it non-stop over here. I'm sure that the state of your nation was of far more importance that this message board. It's been a horror time for you all. I hope DH doesn't have to have surgery because of the virus raging around cities and towns over there. Think we are very lucky over here, it's practically been eradicated although it will pop up from time to time no doubt and Anna (our premier) will put us inside for a period of time again, and the world will come crashing down on those money people who worry about the state of the economy rather than the health of the country. Lucky the niece went when she did. Never a nice thing to happen, but stage one is not always terminal.
I don't think the nephew who just turned 30 is all that worried about it, he just wants to have a party. He's a pretty easy going bloke.

Nothing new here really. It's still hot, it's still humid and I am procrastinating about doing some chores that need doing because I am tired of having sweaty clothes and needing a shower three times a day. So although I am getting a few things done inside, not much is happening on the outside. Neighbour across the road (with the 18month old little girl) has put in a new remote controlled gate this week. It had to be done because the little one liked to escape from her daddy when they were walking along the street and she ran across the road to my place to see the dog. Not once but twice. So dad had to hold her hand - to which she objected loudly - little miss independent. So now at least she can't leave the property without someone letting her out. My other neighbour, the Czech lady is taking the summer badly, she says herself that she is worried about the fact that all she is doing at the moment is eating and sleeping and watching (sleeping through) tv programs and a few shopping trips. I have a feeling that at some point, not too far away, she will need to be in a place where she doesn't have a lot of garden and grass to mow and tend. I can't see her taking kindly to an over 50's resort or a retirement village, she would alienate quite a number of people very quickly so I don't know what she will do, but at least it isn't my problem. She has family to deal with that.

Okay, so next on my list is to empty the dishwasher, clean and clear the living room and wash the floors. Then I can perhaps do something outside - or not depending on the temperature out there. I'll try to be back more regularly with my never ending whinging about people and stupidity - but then you can't fix stupid can you.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Hello,
It is a cold day here in Ohio and it looks like we are going to stay that way. Also, we will be dealing with a lot of "wintery mix" and just plain rain over the next few days.

I have a Doctor's appointment on Tuesday to go back and see the surgeon about my shoulder. I can tell that the shot he gave me about 4 months ago is wearing off.

I want to go ahead and get the surgery done and yet, I want to stay out of the hospitals. I guess I will talk it all with him on Tuesday.

Work has been very busy and I am feeling a bit over-whelmed with the volume. Not sure what to do other than just keep going.

DH's ultrasound came back good and so did his prostrate number, so for now they will put him on Flowmax and see how it helps him.

Please keep my hair dresser's daughter, Molly in your prayers. She is in the hospital with Covid and is not doing well at all. You might have seen my posts on Facebook. It has been a nightmare since last Saturday.

MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:21 AM   #25  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello ladies,

Checking in. Nothing new or exciting. Working the weight loss program, accepting the change in mindset but the inner sabotage of me is still resisting. I am seeing little successes tho. My mindset is changing, I am working at overcoming the bad habits. We are trying to go back to the gym regularly. It's hard going in the pool when it's 12 degrees outside. We are back in what should be typical temperatures for us this time of year. I sit with a small personal heater blowing on me. DH said my right arm is roasted to medium well - no wonder I am cold all the time (without my heater) LOL.

Exercise and a change in diet is helping the knee somewhat. Still pain, it occasionally gives out but not the total crippling pain I had before. So that's encouraging. I'm not sure it will ever be totally good again but I will take progress.

Susie - hope you can get some relief for the shoulder. The shots only last so long, if you got 4 months out of it (considering how much you use your shoulder) that's great. I know a lot of people don't want to do surgeries right now. I guess I'd be more nervous in a more populated area that has a lot of Covid cases. I think there's a bigger risk of catching it at the grocery store than the hospital - as long as you're not in the Covid ward of course. I was waiting for people to comment that now we are past the initial work from home, the "normal" sets back in of trying to cram 48 hours of work into 10. Was bound to happen, hope you can manage as I know much is not in your control.

Shad - hard to imagine you all sweaty when I am here shivering LOL. We are still a broken, crazy country here and it will be a while before things settle down. I imagine with the new administration and disgruntled people there will be even more resistance to vaccines and masking here. We will never get over this until people get some sense in their heads. Glad to hear you are doing well in spite of things with crazy rambling neighbors All is well with the animals too? Are you in the height of summer now? No garden bounty because it's too warm?

Annie - yikes on everyone having the virus. At least hopefully you are ok for a while. How are things going at the new job?

Hello Ceejay and Laura

I have to go pack my gym bag so it's a short post for now.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:29 AM   #26  
Annie - Indiana

Good Monday Morning...

Shaddie...I believe I would rather have your hot than this flipping cold. I detest cold weather. My SIL, Pia that lives in the S of France sends pics all the time. Sunny beaches mostly. Very pretty. I might like the senior community as the older I get the less I want to do.

Susie...I have been praying for your HD's daughter, Molly in my daily prayers. IMO I would get another shot and hold off on the surgery one more time to maybe get past all this covid crap. MAYBE, really big MAYBE. Glad DH is doing well enough not to have surgery for now.

Happy...yep weight loss = mind set. I have not had mindset for about 3 months now and it shows. So now I have the original 10 to lose and almost 10 more. The job is going great. I still love it and my work. My boss is great too! We have gone back to no clients in the office, even by appt now. EJ home office rules. I don't mind it cause when others are in the office we have to wear masks. Hard to answer phones with masks on. I am learning so much about the financial world. Very interesting.

Sam, the boys and I are thinking about going to the beach in June. Of course it depends on covid. Vaccines, yes we are all still getting them when available. and the state of the world. Which that part it messy ALL THE TIME. Hopefully we can go and enjoy ourselves and relax.

Trying to drink more water, this is only day 2. lol Also did the frog yoga position this morning for 3 minutes and a plank for 15 seconds. DAY 1, ask me again in a week if I kept this up. Exercise, bleh. Trying to get back to stricter keto rather than the lazy keto I have been doing for many months. This too, is day 1. Guess you gotta start somewhere. At least I started and not just talked about it like I have been doing. If I could just get past the evenings as they are the hardest for me. I want to snack and graze on non keto stuff.

Better wrap this up as I have a training class from noon to one today. Thank you training for helping me get through lunch with no food. haha.

Love you ladies.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #27  

Afternoon all.

Our winter storm warning started today at 4 pm (I don’t see anything going on outside the window yet). Unfortunately, our snowblower belt needs tightening, otherwise it doesn’t throw the snow the way it should. BF’s going to try to tighten it up. He knew about this last winter… I wish he’d taken care of this over the summer. I think the big issue is getting the snowblower to the repair guy – it doesn’t fit in either of our vehicles, so he’d have to rent a trailer. I don’t understand – don’t these repair guys offer some sort of pick-up/drop-off?

Anyway, if we don’t get too much snow, I’m okay with shoveling it. I like getting “functional” exercise like that. Our last/only real snow to date this season wasn’t a lot, but it was very wet and heavy. I shoveled a path from our front door to our garage and a single person-wide path along the sidewalk in front of our house. Thankfully the rest melted nicely within the week.

==

Happy – Yes, WL is definitely a head game. I hope you find the Noom program helpful. I have a hard time with snacking – the salty and sweet junky kind of snacks, and portion control over those. On the positive side, I definitely do better with wfh lunches than I did when in the office. I’m eating fruit more regularly now with my lunch. I’m struggling to exercise consistently, so I’m more sedentary in WFH than when I commuted. No shortage of things to tackle in this area. == I’m glad your knees are feeling better as a result of cutting back on sugar. The idea of driving to a pool to exercise doesn’t appeal to me either – not in this weather. For some reason my mother asked yesterday if I would want to live in a building with a pool and I responded right away with “no”. But now that I think about it…if it were right in the building where I lived…I guess it would be convenient and though I’m not much of a swimmer at all, it would be useful for aqua exercises and aerobics/walking. == I hope your DH can hold off on surgery until COVID is more under control and the hospitals are less busy. == So good to hear your niece caught her cancer early. == I’m sure your mom will love having your sister staying with her this week. The lower level laundry was also a hardship for my mother when she lived in MO, so I understand that. My mother is worried about falling, but refuses to use cane or walker…but she keeps almost all areas in her apartment free of throw and area rugs, and she’s careful about what shoes and slippers she wears around her apartment.

Ceejay – I never liked counting points either. How do you like Intermittent Fasting? How many days per week do you do that?

Annie – I’m glad your delayed Christmas celebration went well. Wow, I bet that tree was a mess to deal with! Just removing an ornament probably caused a shower of needles and the branch to snap off. Hope you’re not finding needles for months afterwards… The idea of a real tree is nice. The reality isn’t! I’m going to get myself set up for a COVID vaccine appointment on my medical group’s portal so I’ll get emails about it. Bf, on the other hand, doesn’t get flu shots, and he’s saying he’s going to be researching the various vaccines on his own…== Well, if you have to be in the office to work, I guess it’s really nice to be in the office on your own, not having to worry about wearing a mask, being careful to distance from co-workers & clients, and watching what you touch. == Okay, I had to look up the frog yoga position…I did that one a week or two ago when I did an online stretching workout. Yikes, it was challenging, that’s for sure. What’s interesting is that I don’t think I ever did that pose in any of the yoga classes I ever took, though I think we did it in that one deep stretching class I took a couple years back. Oh gosh, I do miss taking in-person fitness classes. Anyway, hope you’re not too sore tomorrow to stick with it!!

Shad – Nice you haven’t had any bad storms so far this summer, but that 3 showers a day kind of weather sounds unbearable. Well…I exaggerate, but I do hate always feeling gross and sweaty in that kind of weather. == Oh, what a worry for those parents to the 18 month old child. Scary stuff. Parents can’t take their eyes off kids for one moment. Good they have a gate now. Just wonder how long it’ll be before she figures out how to open it on her own.

Susie – My prayers go out for your hairdresser’s daughter. I think you said on fb that she has young children? Indeed a nightmare. == I agree with Happy – you might want to get another shot for your shoulder and wait for COVID to get under control and hopefully the hospitals will be less full. I sure hope we get up to her immunity levels this year! == I’m sorry you’re so busy with work to the point of being overwhelmed. I hope it eases up for you. Does DH being retired and doing a lot of the household chores help you any? == I’m glad your DH’s test result came back good. Hopefully the med does its job. == Sounds like we’re going to have similar weather this week. At least commuting isn’t a worry.

==

Nothing much to report on my end. I feel quite a bit lighter having last Friday finished and submitted the vast majority of the project I picked up for the department member out on medical leave. But now that the boss has looked at it more closely this year than all the previous 4-5 years the other person did it, he declared it “a mess” (but being sure to say he’s not saying the other person is at fault for that) and wants me to take it over and look at it with fresh eyes and my background to see how I can improve it. Sigh. This was discussed in a performance goals meeting last Friday. No good deed goes unpunished, as the saying goes! I do think the other person should have tried to improve it over all those years, but nope. Incidentally, we actually have very similar backgrounds, so she could definitely have looked at it more closely. It’s just that she’s an idiot. Oops, did I say that?? LOL. I think part of me wants her to hear about this transfer of responsibility and know the jig is up - she’s made this project and other related projects her “life’s work” and hasn’t taken on what I consider to be responsibilities commensurate with her title (director) and salary. Anyway, enough of my mean streak. The good part is that I’d only be taking on the one project and not some other related work that’s distinctly separate and can still be done by the other person. I have to decide if I’m giving up one of my projects, so that it’s a swap, or if I will just add this to my workload…I’ll have to think about that.

Not much else to talk about as I don’t have much going on right now. Shopped for and brought groceries to my mom’s yesterday. Also heated up the Chinese food I brought for her. She’d lost her tv remote a couple weeks ago and my sister got a new one from the cable company on Saturday . I had to set it up again yesterday because either it wasn’t set up properly by my sister, or I somehow goofed it up. Anyway, I’m happy I was able to set it up properly!! I played a show from a new series I recorded for my mom, the PBS series “All Creatures Great and Small”, based on the author James Herriot’s books, which my mother has read and enjoyed. I think we both enjoyed watching it – the scenery is beautiful. So I guess that’ll be something we can do every weekend. I also got my mom to get rid of five things, and I’m going to keep doing that with her whenever I’m over there. She has a lot of things she should never have kept when she moved here and needs to go through them.

That’s about it for me. Let me get this posted. Stay healthy everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:41 PM   #28  

Laura
I'm trying my version of IF which is 12 off 12 hours on. I try not to eat anything after 9 p.m. and not eat again till 9 a.m. so far its work out good. I have always been big with the night time snacks or a heavy meal loaded with sodium. Not much any more. If I happen to eat after 9, I try to stop myself.

Hello's to the rest. I'll be back later.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #29  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

My leader left at 2p which is nice for me. I can get on here and type a little bit. He has been teaching a newbie class for financial advisors all week. Via webcam. Class started at 8 and he didn't get done til about 9 each night. Only breaks he really got were the lunch and dinner hours. Anyway I am here with the door locked enjoying my in office break. lol.

Let's see. Monday afternoon I had my 6 mos check up at the dentist. Nothing new, still have one tooth that needs crowned from when I had the root canal about 3 years or so ago. It just has a filling in the hole. I figure as long as it is not bothering the tooth with the dead roots that are stuffed with crap then so be it. Maybe one day. Other than that all good.

Tuesday night I had a chair massage. It went well and I always feel better but it doesn't last. Wednesday night I had my nails done. I am liking the dip nails very much and my real nails underneath are getting long so much that they have to be filed down.

Last evening, Thursday, I had a chriopractor appt. Boy I am a little tender but really feel so much better. Cracked my neck/jaw and back. Then did a treatment on my shoulder blade area with vibration and some sort of shock thing. I go back next Tuesday.

Tonight is grocery store. Yippee. Not my favorite thing to do. Tomorrow is hair cut and making chili. My bro and SIL are coming over for dinner and cards. Sunday rest, and laundry.

LAURA...that is a great idea to get rid of 5 things at your mom's house each visit. We all should probably try to do that each week at our own houses. lol. Especially me, starting with attic crap. Really I have stuff up there I have not see in 10 years. So why keep it. Actually, I don't even know what all is up there anymore. All I really know is I have 4 tubs of pictures and albums. Other than that, who knows. I have managed the frog and plank 4 days in a row. Skipped today due to tenderness from chiro appt last evening. Hope to get back at it in the morning. Indy has been very lucky on snow. It has either gone way north or way south of Indy. Perfect don't like snow or cold weather. I live in the wrong place I guess.

HAPPY...hope your abcessed tooth gets better. Can they get better on their own? Or do you need doc/dentist attention? I don't know, never had that ailment, but give me time.

Hello to everyone! Stay healthy.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, happy Sunday.

Not much going on here. It's a quiet Sunday and I am going to get on with that tiling in the laundry if it kills me today. It's been on the to-do list forever and I am procrastinating about doing it. Can't leave everything to the DS2. We're having showers which is nice for the garden, and even better for my wallet. Don't have to go out and water.
I might even get to dig over the vege patch this week. It's nearly time for planting again. I can't believe that tomorrow is February.

Susie - How did the doctors appointment go? Hope you decided to have another shot rather than the surgery. If your hospitals are anything like ours, then they won't be wanting many new patients for a while. People are saying here that work is picking up again although most are still working from home. There was a push in Victoria for people to go back to the offices, however the state government is wanting them to stay at home to work. They don't have much if any COVID down there, but they are still wearing masks outside. The push to go back to the office was made by the retail sector - apparently the coffee shops are not doing too well in the CBD You can only do what you can only do as far as work goes. It is what it is as my son says. Wait until they complain about your output before you fret over it.
Glad to hear that your DH 's numbers and pictures came back good.

Laura - Well done on setting up remotes and things like that. I always get it wrong first time. I loved that series of 'All Creatures Great and small' Haven't seen it for years Is this a new series or is it the old one rehashed.
Getting rid of 5 things is great. Hope it works well for you both. I have more or less done that here since there was stuff everywhere and stuff in the attic I hadn't seen for years. So I have been weeding it out to donate, trash or sell. Now I am working on the one in one out theory. If I buy something other than food or cleaning products, one thing in the house has to go. It keeps the clutter down.

Happy - Takes time to change old habits Happy, and it is great that you are seeing some successes and the mindset is changing. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. It's good to here that the changes you are making are helping the knees. Can't imagine swimming at below zero, although there used to be a mountain in NZ that had hot water in its crater. It was great to take a dip if you could make it up to the top of the mountain. The mountain is still there but unfortunately the pool is now of the same chemical compound as battery acid. So no more swimming in there.
Got most of the garden dug over and fertilised and mulched, planting will begin about the middle of next month when we see a decrease in the bugs and humidity. From the big that I did dig over, I see that I have a couple of potato plants and a sweet potato plant growing. Can't have dug all the tubers out but still it will be good to have fresh at the beginning of winter. Your country is certainly in turmoil. I hope that the new president can bring some peace and organisation in your dysfunctional country. We have some of the same mindset in people here - mostly in NSW. However we also have some very strong premiers who have no hesitation in protecting their people. I saw on the news yesterday that one of Britain's nay-sayers that one of the young men who were convinced it was a plot by the government to have them all microchipped and that there was no such thing as COVID has passed away due to complications from the virus. Wonder what he mates think about that now.

Ceejay - 12 hours of eating and 12 hours of fasting! Wonder how much I could get into my mouth in that time. Think I would have to make the night hours the food hours and the daytime the fasting hours. Good luck with that. Let us know how you get on.

Annie - Fortunately the worst of the summer seems to be behind us now Annie, but you would love the winters here. Winter clothes mean that you put a jacket on over your summer clothes. You take it off about 9.30 in the morning. You can still go to the beach and swim and if you really feel homesick, you go to the mountains (or what passes for a mountain here) and ski, skate, of just plain play in the snow.
Good luck with losing the 10lbs or so. The older I get, the more I realise that the fat has set hard and it's very difficult to get off. I've been losing the same kilo for weeks now. I drink a lot of water because it has been so hot, along with tea, coffee and the odd wine. It's great that you are doing yoga. I'll have to look up the frog position. Sounds interesting. I'm with about snacking in the evenings. I've been keeping a very boring refrigerator but I sabotage myself with cooking cakes, bread, biscuits and yummy but not diet friendly meals.
So glad you are enjoying your new job. Seems you have a busy week going on. Enjoy the visits

Guess that is about it. Time to get some breakfast inside me. I can feel the pain in the stomach starting - one of the lovely side effects from chemo that hasn't gone away. If you don't eat when you think you have sharp indigestion high up in the chest, then you will suffer for quite some time. Bah humbug.
So I'm off to forage for food, then tiling. It must be done today.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote