Old 12-30-2021, 03:53 PM   #166  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello Ladies,

I see you peeking in right now Shad from across the pond.

Well I am happy to see this year come to an end. Things are finally settled with my Mom's estate. It would appear my relationship with my sister is broken beyond repair. I do not like the way I was treated through this, a trust is broken and will never be the same again. She was the one to stop talking and at this point she has used up all the passes I am willing to give for excused bad behavior, turning the other cheek and trying to overlook my own feelings. It's unfortunate. I was hoping it would not come to this. I guess in hindsight as I started some deep thinking, things were happening that I should have been more aware of, even with my Mom. Sometimes you get too wrapped up in yourself and sometimes - and this was indeed the case - you just don't expect for things to play out the way they did so you are taken by surprise.

We remain in the red zone of Covid cases and have been all along. It won't change. I live in a backwoods area of goons who despite the pleas from the exhausted medical staff continue to "fight for their freedoms" by infringing on all of our services and presenting a danger to the people of this community. As such, I have drawn into myself. DH and I don't hide but it's affected my volunteering - I do things on my own and won't do bingo or working at the shop where I'd have to be out among strangers I don't know anything about. People have brought me a lot of disappointment and I think I will adjust to a far less social life in 2022.

After several discussions I had with DH about his inattentiveness, he is admittedly trying harder. And he tried some new pills - the Prevagen brain pills were giving him a tinny taste in his mouth and when he did some research, turns out they lack a key ingredient recommended for improving brain function. I like this new husband of mine better and appreciate his efforts. ♥

My knee is really bad, I think I will have to consider surgery eventually. DH is debating about neck surgery for himself as it's affecting his arms. Mostly he has pain trying to hold his arms with the camera, even if it's on a tripod. The surgery for him is a brace for several months, he is hesitant about that - mostly he wants to know if he does not have surgery, will it make it worse. He doesn't trust 100% that it will make it better so it's good he's thinking about it. I suggested to try some less invasive techniques. Like how about finding your physical therapy exercises and DOING THEM. LOL. I have joined a new seniors exercise class 3 times a week for 10 weeks starting in January. It's a program with an additional 1 hour lecture series. I am not keen on committing to 3 days a week having to leave the house during the worst parts of the winter, but DH agreed to be my Uber driver. He has not agreed to join me however My medical clinic is also offering a 12 week program on diabetes prevention and better nutrition staring the end of January so I signed up for that also. Found some free online classes I can take on writing skills I can take through the library and a chair yoga class so I have lots to keep me busy over the winter here. We got a big dump of snow right after Christmas and it's frigid cold now in the teens and single digits - thanks my Canadian friends That's why I don't want to leave the house. I have actually gotten used to staying at home and I like it. DH is itching to plan a vacation and get out - to places we can drive to around here. I am not interested in travelling - the airports are too easily disrupted and until this Covid gets done...

I am enjoying the new shower very much. Still waiting on the rest of the laundry room cabinets and counters to be installed so can't put everything back yet. That's frustrating. DH put in new lights in the laundry room that are blindingly bright. I love it. No spot will evade my eyes now!

I agree with you Susie, I got out of the habit of coming here and I miss hearing about all of you. I also found looking back this is a diary of sorts and it was nice to see what was happening when. One if the classes I am taking now is about Journalling Susie, I hope to start that as a new hobby.

I did not realize you had an entire 3 weeks off. Outside of surgery have you ever had so much time off at once? It must have made you feel like a queen! I tend to agree with you about the tight clothes - any excuse to buy new ones and there will ALWAYS be new ones to buy. Someone else will be lucky to get them.

Shad, I know what you mean about giving some people a good old well deserved swat Glad to hear that DS2 is able to find peace again and that Ruger likes his new home. I hope that is a sign that everything will begin to even out like it should. I guess we both will be hiding out in the house for the next 2 months - you from heat and bugs, me from snow and ice! Are you finally getting some much needed rain? I have a friend who winters in the desert - they are getting plenty of rain - much more than normal but after many years of drought and climate change, it's a welcome break. The only thing she said was people who came up that way for Christmas expecting sunshine and warmer weather are dealing with rainy drizzle, cloudy skies and chilly temperatures. Since you're the first to see it, let us know how the New Year looks as it creeps across the world.

Annie - hope all is well at your house and with the family.

Laura - did you get a chance to try out the air fryer yet? I lent mine to a friend to try. I guess there are more recipes and tips for cooking than there was when I first got it so more ideas and better cooked food to be had! How is your Mom doing in the new place? Good luck getting back on the train or have they rethought things with Omnicron? I am hearing of more people testing positive for Covid - vaccinated as well as not. I looked at my old office building at 150 N Michigan - the white tower with the diamond shaped glass front on Michigan and Randolf. They tore out the "cubicle farm" seating we had and now it's all open and exposed. Looks like an awful lot of wasted space. They changed the lobby and put in a restaurant and a dry cleaners I guess. A whole new world to me. I cannot fathom the idea of not having a permanent desk to go to and sitting at a high bartop style table to do my work. I can't even climb into those chairs at a bar. I would be such a fish out of water in today's working world. I'm sure much has changed if people do return to commuting and office work. Good luck with that.

Hello Ceejay

I guess I should post this and move along. I will post a new thread for 2022 unless you want to Shad. I see they are already posting January threads. I do hope you have a nice weekend and that 2022 is a good year for all of us. We need something to make us happy.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:23 PM   #167  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'll try to stay awake long enough to start a new thread at exactly the right moment Happy. But can't guarantee anything except probably getting Covid - getting out of control and we have politicians who can't make a reasonable decision and who are now saying we no longer need to isolate. BS BS BS is what I say.

Anyway - a Happy New Year to you all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:49 PM   #168  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thanks Shad. I think you are right about your guarantee. However, perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised, one can hope. My dialogue box went gray and I lost my post. Good thing it was a short one. Have fun prepping for a nice New Year's Eve night for yourselves.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:51 AM   #169  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE..
Click here to go to the new thread

Last edited by Shad; 12-31-2021 at 05:57 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote