Old 07-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I went to church this morning. I did okay on two of the hymns but totally blew it on the third. I had trouble practicing on it this week. We used to sing this song in grade school so I should have known the music by heart. Oh well, it is what it is.
Bil got sick late yesterday afternoon and was to weak to come to church this morning. Sis is going to drop him off at his doctor's appointment in the morning for his blood work and maybe more IV fluids. She asked if I could pick him up and bring him to Branson which is about 30 minutes from Springfield. She feels better if he is close by. I do too. I have a gut feeling that bil's working days are over but I hope not for his sake. Sis's condo is about 5 minutes from where she works.
I did go to the gym yesterday and need to go today, just not up to doing it mentally. I've come to realize that I'm being a bit to OCD on weight loss. I've been wearing a Fitbit for as long as I can remember, but think I will put it aside except for just when I exercise. And follow my food plan.
I had a text from my nephew's wife stating that when she would call my phone goes straight to voice mail. I told her that I didn't really want to get involved in being the go between her and him. Since he is home I've unblocked her. I hope she doesn't get mad but I had a part to play in this too. I want my sanity also.

Jean
Your ordeal with the shoes is why I really don't like ordering online.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-14-2019 at 04:41 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:52 PM   #17  

Good Evening! We went to church this morning and the pastor talked for a half hour. I thought we’d never get out of there. I just don’t care for him and that makes it hard for me to go. Came home and changed clothes then headed to Ian’s game. There was a stiff breeze blowing and it was 90 degrees. Hot! The score was 0-0 going into the 6th inning and I was afraid we’d go into overtime but our team got in gear and made two runs, Ian being one. So after the top of the 7th we were done and on our way home. Found out he has another game Tuesday night so will go back. I thought the regular games were done tomorrow night and he wouldn’t be playing because of football camp. I think it is tacky that one sport starts practice before another is finished, but what do I know.

Ceejay, I’ll bet no one noticed or thought anything about the murdered hymn. Everyone makes mistakes! Perhaps your bil is just trying to do too much too soon while undergoing the treatments. I hope that is the case. Sometimes I think trying to lose weight does seem to become obsessive; thinking about what to eat or not eat makes me want to eat what I shouldn’t. I hope your nephew and his wife let you have some peace and quiet from their problems. You have enough to worry about your bil and helping them out. Hang in there!

The dishwasher is finished so need to unload that and decide what I’m wearing tomorrow. Hope you enjoy a marvelous Monday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 07-14-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:50 PM   #18  

Good evening. for us today and probably tomorrow too. The tropical storm is bringing us continual rain and thunderstorms through Wednesday afternoon. Fun, fun!

We stayed in today with all that rain. I worked on my shawl and made augratin potatoes for dinner. Jack grilled a couple of steaks inside. It was pretty good.

I felt so sorry for my older sister’s bff. She is a FB friend of mine and she posted asking about chains for a cross she wears. She broke it in WM and thought he had lost it. She never takes it off as it has some of her son’s ashes in it. She was frantic and never found it at WM but at bedtime found the cross in her bra. She was asking about what kind of chain wouldn’t break. I looked up and sent her an article about what metal to buy and what design ie box chain, twist chain, etc. I can’t imagine losing something so precious.

I imagine I’ll get up some gumption and work on cleaning the house tomorrow. It really needs it.

CeeJay: I sure hope your bil is feeling better this evening. You are so good to be such a help for them. I guess if there is anyplace you should be forgiven messing up, it’s church so I’d not worry about it.

Jean: It’s going to cool down considerably with all our rain I imagine. It seems like sports is extended and never ends. Used to be baseball season ended completely in Sept and then you had football, then basketball,etc. Now they all run into each other. It’s ridiculous. I know you are always saying your UPS stuff is always dirty. I thought about you Friday when I got a pr of shoes and the bag they were in was sticky. Euww who knows what was all over it. Thank goodness the shoes fit.

Beddy by for me in a few. Have a good start to your week tomorrow.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #19  

Good Morning! It has been a rainy morning and a bit cooler after 90+ for a couple days. I’ve done a load of laundry and been to get my nails filled. Also read my book for a few minutes. Have a frozen dinner waiting for lunch; doesn’t sound appealing to me but trying to clean out the refrigerator freezer in the basement. Still have the whole chicken staring at me in the other freezer. One of these days he will be lunch!

“Gma,” I wondered if you would be getting the tail end of the storm moving north from the Gulf. Glad your friend found her cross, not sure I could wear someone’s ashes but so glad she found it. My shoes are on the way back to China! (?) The return address was New York, interestingly enough it cost me more to return them than they charged me to get them. They offered me a 20% discount on anything on their website if I would keep the shoes. Nope, not happening! They are supposed to arrive on Thursday and in my email with the tracking number I mentioned I expected a prompt refund to my account and I would be checking on Friday. They still haven’t acknowledged the tracking number.

Not much newsy from my corner of the world. Another baseball game tonight, one that wasn’t on my original schedule. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 07-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #20  

Default Monday

Afternoon,
I'm staying in Branson for a couple of days with my sis at the condo. I picked up bil, from his doctor appointment and IV fluids yesterday and brought him back here. I will be taking him back tomorrow for another round of IV fluids, then sis is going to take him Friday. His blood work was good so he will have another round of chemo Monday. My sis was concerned about him Monday morning as he'd been really sick this past weekend. We made it fine. I had a way to walk in the parking lot so I set him on the bench and picked him up. I was to call sis when I got to the condo if I needed help in getting him inside. He held onto me but didnt have any problem.
I guess I didn't understand how long they gave him but he told me himself Monday, 3 months, a little longer if he had chemo.

GMA22
I'm glad she found her necklace.

Jean
You are a good grandparent driving to the kids games.

Have a good day.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:50 AM   #21  

Good Morning! We are having a cloudy start to the day, heading up to the 90s this afternoon. I don’t have to be anywhere today so hope to dig into more clothes sorting and pitching. The tree guys came yesterday and took down our sick tree. It was a noisy day and Ernie didn’t like it. The neighbor across the street has a wood burner and the workmen were kind enough to load the good sized tree logs on a fork lift and deliver them. The owner of the tree business is a wood craftsman and wanted the tree trunk. When it finally fell the whole house shook! It took most of the day to complete the job but other than a little leftover sawdust one would never know they had been here. Now to have the stump removed. We have two huge maple trees and a large ash tree left so will still have plenty of leaves to get rid of this fall.

Ceejay, I am so sorry about your bil’s timeline! I didn’t know what kind of cancer he has. Cancer is an ugly disease no doubt about that. It’s wonderful you are close by to help them and for emotional support. I’m sure they find comfort and appreciate you! The baseball game was exciting and Ian’s team won 16-15 in the last inning. He got to pitch the last three innings! He is not a pitcher but did well. I recognize some of the players by name but like I tell Ian, with baseball hats and football helmets on, they all look alike to me. At least in basketball I can see the “whole” kid.

The sun has come out and it just looks hot outside. The sun coming up later in the morning has changed position so hidden by trees across the street. I noticed in the paper it is setting a minute earlier tonight. The full moon is huge right now! I need to get dressed and get my day going! Hope you enjoy a terrific Thursday!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #22  

Jean
Bil has pancreatic cancer.
It's supposed to be hot here today also. I really do not want to get outside but I need groceries.
I know what you mean by the uniforms, caps etc. I went to one of my niece's ballgames this year and didn't recognize her.

-----
I've been having fluid pounds this week. Probably from the hot and humid weather. I may weigh in tomorrow morning but may wait till next week. Just to much going on right now.
Think I'll have a bowl of oatmeal and a protein drink and start my day.
Stay cool.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #23  

Good morning! Our heat index is supposed to be 109 today! Sent Jack to work with bottles of gatorade and water and told him to be careful. As for myself, I plan on staying in.

We get east/west sun so I have the blinds closed and the lights off as much as I can. It does help to keep it cooler. I noticed the I’m going to have to spray for weeds and chop them this weekend. We’ve had so much rain that everything seems to sprout overnight. It doesn’t help the condo next door is full of weeds. I told Jack to tell the manager to contact the owner and get it cleaned up.

CeeJay: Oh my, I am so very sorry about your bil. I hope he can be made comfortable. I’ll pray for you all. With everything going on in your life and the stress, I’d just try to stay level for right now. Be careful going out and about.

Jean: I’m with you. Maybe they need their name in big letters on their helmet. When they cut down our tree, we noticed sap all over the trunk. WTG Ian!! Is he going to be a senior this fall?

Everyone stay cool and have a good day.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #24  

Thank you both for the prayers.
An update on bil. He got sick to his stomach yesterday but is feeling better today. He's getting his IV's this morning.
I didn't go to the grocery store yesterday so I think I'll do that today. Need some thing for breakfast.
My ankles swell in this heat. They were the size of baseballs yesterday and hurt. And I hate to take fluid pills while it's so hot. Heat index has been high this week. Heat advisory until Monday.

Nothing else to report.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #25  

Good Morning! The sun is shining brightly, no wind blowing, and it feels like 94 even though it is only 84. Love that humidity. . . .not! I’ve been to the grocery store and scooped Ernie’s potty so far this morning. I think everyone is trying to beat the afternoon heat because the store was busier than usual for a Friday morning. I really would like to color next but made a promise to myself that I have to either clean out shoes I never wear or start on another clothes pile first.

Ceejay, I assumed your bil had pancreatic cancer with such a short amount of time left. We had a volunteer in our church office who had the same but she fooled her doctor and lived six months. One of my co-teachers went to Texas on an experimental treatment plan, several years ago, and lasted another five years. One just never knows that is for sure. Any one of us could get run over by a bus tomorrow and be gone. My feet and fingers swell by evening in the hot weather. I don’t dare take my shoes off in the car riding home after ball games or I would have to go barefoot. My sandals have three straps and now my feet look like a zebra! It is supposed to start cooling down here over the weekend. I’ll send some cool vibes your way!

”Gma,” what does 109 “feel like?” HOT! I hope Jack is working inside with air conditioning today. Ian will be a junior this fall, Maddy a sophomore, Kolby and Zowie will both be 8th graders antsy to get out of middle school. Zowie is hoping to get some time on the high school soccer field Since they are having trouble getting enough girls to play. She got to chase balls during their games last year which was a requirement to be associated with a high school team mentor.

Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday and keep cool!
Old 07-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #26  

Good morning. Working it’s way to hot, hot, hot again today. I am staying inside.

I finished up booking our cruise hotels this morning. Jack’s big boss emailed him this morning and approved the extended vacation so we can go the way we regularly do. We’re going to stay one day in Fort Lauderdale the day we get off the ship as it looks right now like we aren’t going to be able to get my girlfriend on a flight home until late afternoon. We don’t want to start home at 4-5 in the afternoon. We actually found a 2 bedroom 2 bath hotel room while we’re in Miami. It’s actually in a complex of three hotels. It’s sort of like a triangle and the pool, bbq area, etc is in the center.

My shawl is coming along. I had to change the pattern because after I bought it I noticed it was sort of like an scalene triangle where one end it very thin then it widens instead of like a regular triangle shawl. I decided just to make a feather and fan shawl. I’m put out with the place I buy my yarn. I bought all the colors for my mitered afghan, but they didn’t have one blue color and the black for the border. They keep extending the date when the colors will be available.

CeeJay: I hope so much that at the very least they can extend his life some and make him comfortable. My fil had stomach cancer decades ago, before they have the drugs they have now. It was brutal and so painful to watch. I feel so much for you and your sister watching the poor man suffer. I pray for his comfort every day. Every cruise I have been on my feet and legs swell. One cruise it was so bad I could barely walk and my legs were shiny they were so swollen. So, I sure know how you feel. Try to get them up above your heart.

Everyone have a good weekend. ❤️
Old 07-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #27  

Morning
It's going to be another hot day. I'm choosing to stay inside.
Last night my nephew dropped by to eat his supper before he went to his AA meeting but started having a "craving " for booze. This is really a hard disease. I hate this for him. I know enough about AA that I knew he should have a sponsor to call so I got him to do that. That person came over and they sat and read out of the big book. My what a difference that made! I was so appreciative of this person.
I'm doing laundry this morning. I've gotten out of my daily routines last week and I'm behind.

--------
gma22
I'm glad you know how to change things on the pattern for your shawl. I'm sure it will be nice.

Jean
I'm praying that the chemo treatments will reduce the size of the tumor to where the doctors can remove it. You are right in that none of us knows when our last day on earth will be. I haven't been practicing this week. My thumb is still swollen and painful. J is supposed to be back.Sunday.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #28  

Good Afternoon! We have had sunshine early with clouds moving in, a breeze turning into strong winds with a weather watch alert, humidity, two raindrops, and now back to a breeze and a 15 degree drop in temperature. Talk about strange weather! Bob says “someone” got hail close by. I’ve done a couple loads of laundry and “colored” a couple pictures waiting for Bob to come home for lunch.

“Gma,” it’s a good thing you know how to “fix” patterns so they will work for you. I hope you get your yarn soon. It sounds like your cruise plans are falling into place which is good. My travel friend likes to shop the internet for cheap flight tickets and found a new website. The latest one she sent to me has three layovers, the first being in New Jersey for crying out loud. It ends up being a 15 hour flight! I don’t think so! She likes for us to meet them in Dallas and fly together from there. We’re thinking either LA of San Francisco to shorten the last leg of the trip. I am really tempted to go to a travel agent and be done with it.

Ceejay, I’m glad your nephew has an AA mentor. I hope it works out for him. Our school district started doing that several years ago for students that teachers identified as needing extra encouragement. It has worked well for the most part and many success stories are shared at graduations. I hope you don’t have to play for church on Sunday.

I need to wash some leftover dishes from lunch so better get that done. Also have some capris I could shorten. I seem to be getting shorter by the day. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Last edited by Jean; 07-20-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #29  

Jean
I had to laugh at the 2 raindrops. My mom used to say and we only got 13 raindrops. I'm ready for some cooler weather.
I used to color every day but haven't in a while. I may start that back. I liked to color.
-----------
I went to church this morning. I told M.J. that I could play one handed if I was needed but thankfully J was back from his vacation. My thumb was extremely sore this morning and sis told me that the joint was inflamed with arthritis. Think this happened when I was practicing the piano a couple of weeks ago as I played two hymns that had a lot of octaves in them. I have to stretch to get those. What can I say, my body has aged.
My sis's boy's, young men really, and their families were at church this morning too. Of course our baby is growing like a little weed. She's is starting to eat baby food now also.
If BIL's blood work is good in the morning he will have his third round of chemo tomorrow. I'm scheduled to take him for IV fluids on Wednesday. and Friday of this week. I'll be spending a couple of days in Branson again this week. BIL did get to preach today.
It's supposed to start raining tonight into tomorrow. Maybe I can mow late Tuesday afternoon, then go to Branson on Wednesday. .
Old 07-22-2019, 02:08 PM   #30  

Good afternoon. It is still hot and humid, but less than next week. We are supposed to get rain this afternoon and evening. I imagine this will rachet up the humidity again. Ahh well, what can you do?

We stayed in this weekend as it was incredibly hot and humid. I cleaned bathrooms and not much else. I am having a devil of a time with my back. It was terrible all day Saturday. So much so I could hardly walk. I used my old walker from my accident years ago with my knee so I could get to the bathroom. I sure feel for people with chronic back and spine issues. It makes it impossible to function.

Jack has a board meeting tonight and he said he’d talk to the manager about getting the owner to cut down the weeds next door. There is standing water too which allows mosquitos to hatch. We’ve already had West Nile in our zip code. They haven’t elected a board president since the last one resigned because they can’t get a quorum of the board. It is ridiculous.

The last time I had my nails done, I had gel instead of acrylics. What a difference. I had french tips and they haven’t yellowed, stay shiny and still look great. I am going tomorrow to get a fill and it takes less time and no smudging either. They are more expensive, but worth it I think.

CeeJay: My father was an alcoholic and for him it became a way of life. I see it this way, truth be told we all have addictions, some harmless, some serious. As Jesus said, “Those without sin, cast the first stone.” Since none of us are sinless, we can’t cast aspersions. I know I am a food addict. I may not sit and eat two Big Mac meals and such, but my brain tells me if you go out to the mall, or go out anywhere, get food. You go to the fair, you always eat. You think about food and it draws you in until you break down and eat what you shouldn’t. So, when someone doesn’t give in, I think it’s wonderful! You’ll keep doing fine at the piano.

Jean: Surprisingly, I haven’t had swollen feet this year, but then I haven’t walked all over and try and keep my feet up when I’m home. I’ve also cut a lot of salt out of my diet. I read on a cruise website not to use salt at all to try and keep swelling down. I also need to drink lots more water while cruising. Jackson starts 7th grade next month. Hard to believe how fast they are all growing up. I wonder what is going on with Maggie and where she is living. I haven’t seen any postings about Gail on FB either. I wonder how she is doing.

Garnet: Sure hope you are well and doing ok.

Have to get clothes in dryer. Have a good afternoon.