Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 PM   #1  

Smile Steel Magnolias — #43

Good Evening! We have been without tv most of the evening. What is weird is we got a notice to call 911 if we had any problems because the comm center phone wasn’t working. Our phone and internet are working fine. It’s been another rainy day with almost 1 3/4” of rain between last night and this afternoon. We had a lot of thunder and lightning early this morning. I delayed my shower because of the sky light being right next to the shower. There is nothing brave about me! I picked up the gift shop money and have that ready to deposit on Monday. Also dusted the high spots and vacuumed cat fur so have those off my to do list. We have a funeral tomorrow for the 95 year old mother-in-law of Bob’s farmer friend. She was spryer that I am but fell and broke her hip. Also have three ladies, two retired teachers and a retired missionary nurse, doing the church service on Sunday. They are each delightful in their own way so it will be good. Hope you have had a good day and did something nice.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default Morning

There is not much going on in my neighborhood.
My BIL did not have a good week. My opinion is
that the chemo zapped him if his energy. Sis went home on Thursday but asked if I could bring him to Branson on his next round of chemo. I'm more than happy to do this.
I need to go get some groceries and something to kill these ants.
I got the flower bed weeded yesterday.
Will be doing laundry and house cleaning today
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:01 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon! It’s a cloudy gloomy day in my neighborhood, but so far no rain and NO wind. We had a funeral with a roast beef dinner at our church this morning. Yum! The dessert was chocolate pie with whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top. Delicious! Since being home I’ve been trying to figure out how to run my sewing machine! I haven’t used it much, maybe twice since I’ve had it. I gave my old one in a cabinet away; I used it so much I could thread it and get to sewing in my sleep! I’m going to shorten my baseball t-shirt before the season is over if it kills me!

Ceejay, it’s nice of you to take your bil for his treatment in Branson. I would imagine having chemo and radiation at the same time really zapped his stamina. Good luck with your war on ants!

I need to get back to my sewing since I have my machine ready to go. Hope you have had a nice day!
Old 06-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #4  

That should have read after his next round of chemo to take him to Branson. but I don't think he's ready to go as he want to stay home. .
Got to play piano for opening part of service today. and will play the next three weeks on Sunday for opening.
It was a hard drive for me to church this morning. I hate driving in the pouring rain. It was thunder and lightening too, but the lightening was going across the sky and not coming straight down.

Jean
Did you get your baseball t-shirt done?
Old 06-23-2019, 06:42 PM   #5  

Good Evening! Another gloomy day in my neighborhood with fog this morning. Church was “fun” this morning with three talented ladies leading the service. They had a good message, each giving their interpretation along the same idea of sharing their faith. We had more than usual in attendance which was nice. The office secretary sends out Friday emails telling about who is doing what on Sunday; I like that. The “twangy” guitar player from second service, accompanied a singer playing the keyboard. I couldn’t see he added much because usually he plays way too loud and today he played pretty softly. Next week is one service with the dog and pony show (second service band and praise team) then a pot luck to follow. There might be a hymn with the organ, not sure.

Ceejay, I did get the baseball shirt done! I haven’t tried it on but it is what it is! My mother, the perfection seamstress would not be proud. I did a practice shirt first, cutting the excess fabric off. The baseball shirt has a very wide hem! For no more than I will wear it, and probably under a jacket, it will be fine. I am not used to my sewing machine so had to get the book out and go step by step for the bobbin and threading the machine. All said I spent all afternoon messing with sewing!

Bob offered to cook tonight, at DQ! So I need to find my shoes and be ready to go when he is. He sprayed for weeds and bugs around the outside of the house so taking a shower. Enjoy your evening!
Old 06-24-2019, 03:56 PM   #6  

Good afternoon. We have been having quite a few thunderstorms towards evenings ourselves. Supposed to get showers sometime today, but they haven’t appeared. It is a bit windy.

Jack should be home in a couple hours. He’s doing a small grocery run and picking up chicken for dinner tonight. I need to get going on cleaning house tomorrow. I have been having gastro issues so cancelled my waxing appt for tomorrow again. I desperately need to get my nails done but just haven’t felt too hot.

CeeJay: I noticed that the wife of Dog the Bounty Hunter has been placed in a med induced coma. Didn’t say why, but she originally refused to do chemo, but relented when she discovered doing nothing was going to kill her. It’s sad. I am sure your bil feels the same way. I mean you do a round and it makes you so sick feeling you dread the next one. The poor man and your sister has to be beside herself not being able to make him comfortable, etc. The more you play, the more comfortable you’ll get. Just relax and enjoy it.

Jean: We like DQ but the closest one is way across town so we never get there, even for ice cream. You crack me up calling it dog and pony show. I have to spray again. I saw little weeds popping up again. The neighbors stuff is high as a corn field. It’s ridiculous. Jack has a board meeting tonight and I’m going to have him tell the owner to cut the stuff down. People are such pigs.

Everyone have a good evening.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #7  

I have been cleaning house today. Finally getting out of my depressed mood.brought on by the news of bil's cancer.
Went to the gym this afternoon. I'm back on track with the food except a little carb attack this afternoon. I've drank around 20 ounces of water also which is more than I usually drink. I've only had one 12 ounce Coke.
The sun is shining today which is another reason for me to be happy. I need to weed some more "flower" beds, which have no flowers but don't know what else to call them. Think I'm going to plant some in the front bed.
I bought some ant baits traps which is what my sis is using around their house.

Jean
My mom was a great seamstress also but I never had the patience for it. If I had too I could hem a pair of pants not sure on a dress or skirt

GMA22
I hope you are feeling better soon. I hate those gastrointestinal issues. Yum, chicken sounds good. I've been hungry for KFC.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:03 PM   #8  

Good Evening! Another weird weather day in my neighborhood today; raindrops fell off and on this morning then the sun came out around noon for the rest of the day. It’s raining again right now. It has warmed up some and supposed to be in the high 80s by the end of the week. There wasn’t much to count at church today and I was surprised. We had more at first service than the second service which is unusual. I really thought the three ladies would attract more but you never know. I made a stop at the bank to deposit the gift shop money, then WM, and finally the grocery store for angel food cake and strawberries. After lunch I took checks to the hospital and washed dishes that wouldn’t fit in the dishwasher. In between I’ve done a few loads of laundry.

“Gma,” gee, I hope you feel better soon! Every once in awhile, out of the clear blue, I will have the same thing and can’t attribute it to anything I’ve eaten. Bob just visited with the neighbor across the street to offer him wood from our tree when it gets cut down. The guy told him the next door neighbor to him has to have ash trees cut down in his back yard because of the ash borer bug. It’s going to cost him $12000! He’s a doctor but still. Maybe he’ll have to sell some of his “toys!”

Ceejay, I’ m glad you are feeling better. Keeping busy helps I think. With all our rain my flowers in pots have taken a beating. The flowers in the flower garden are looking good, at least from a distance. Congrats on going to the gym and drinking extra water! I tried on the baseball shirt and it is still too long! I didn’t take into account how much larger the sleeves are, it has to be a man’s shirt! So this time I will shorten it like I should have in the first place!

I’m tired and heading to bed soon. I tried to watch the 10:00 news in bed last night and that didn’t work very well since I fell asleep and missed the whole thing! Have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 06-24-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon! It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood, sunny and 81 with just a slight breeze. I have been home all day just catching up. Bob had a bunch of garage towels to wash and I figured I might as well wash Ernie’s furry bed which is an old fuzzy bathrobe of mine. Afterwards I run a clean cycle on the washer so multiple trips up and down the stairs. I must admit I spent some time trying to finish a library book that is due Thursday. Tomorrow is my day to work in the gift shop and I need to do a greeting card order. My favorite company’s catalog has the same cards as last year. Their larger card won’t fit in our card rack so I have to order the smaller cards. There is a large selection but many are way more wordy than I like. Plain, simple, and to the point is what I like. We sell more sympathy cards lately but otherwise birthday cards lead the list. Ernie’s bed should be dry so my last trip to the dungeon for today! Hope you all are enjoying a nice sunny day!
Old 06-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #10  

Jean
I'm with you on the cards. I lke them plain and simple too.

I've been working in the yard today and it got a bit warm. Mowed the front and back and I had to weed eat the back. I'm tired. I need to put my sheets in the laundry. I meant to do that earlier then got busy outside.
BIL had his lab work today and still low on iron,etc. He did go to the office for a couple of hours yesterday but got really tired. And was tired after his outing to get his labs. I understand that cause I've been low on some of those things before also. Text with a friend this morning.
I've chosen my hymns for opening Sunday so I'm practicing those. Hope my neighbors don't mind.
Ready to get my shower and settle down and watch some t.v. However there is hardly anything worth watching nowadays and I'm getting tired of the old, old shows.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #11  

Good Morning! Another strange weather day in my neighborhood. It looked like it was going to be sunny and bright in the east but it was dark sky in the west. I needed to run a couple errands so made my grocery list, grabbed my rain coat, and headed out. I stopped by an antique junk store and she will take my 78 and 45 rpm records. I stocked up on cookie and bar ingredients for weekend baking and dropped off library books. I made it in and out until my last stop and it started to sprinkle. Now the sun is shining. I see the fireworks tents are up in parking lots around town. Last night we could hear what sounded like fizzies nearby. There is a new family across the street behind us and I am betting on them. Weird thing is there is a sheriff’s deputy living right across the street from them, another one up the street from us, and a police officer a block behind the new people. Their cars are always visible so you’d think there wouldn’t be any fire crackers going off around here.

Ceejay, I’m sorry about your nephew causing you worries. I hope things have settled down for you. I’m sure your neighbors most likely enjoy hearing you play your piano. That is much more pleasing to the ear than some other instruments would be. I agree that there isn’t much on tv! We found a channel with game shows one evening and that was kind of fun. I do kind of enjoy America’s Got Talent but some of the talent leaves a lot to be desired.

Bob will be home for lunch pretty soon. I bought some fresh green beans so need to get them ready to go. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!
Old 06-28-2019, 01:44 PM   #12  

Jean
That's great that you found someone to take the old records.

gma22
How are you feeling?

I apologize for being a Debbie downer earlier this week. I talked to my sis a bit ago and she filled me in on some other goings on with my nephew. This was not an onset of his last visit with my bil. He's been doing this more frequently than I realized. He has an addiction problem. I told sis I learned my lesson from last time and I was not giving in to him. He only has a place to sleep and talk if need be.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #13  

I have a post missing. I remember answering your posts and I came in today and poof it is gone so guess we’ll start from 4 days ago. Kind of cloudy but pretty warm and sticky. Hooray though the landlord next door called the people next door and told them to clean up the weeds. (Jack said something to him at the board meeting Monday night.)

This weekend is groceries. I hate grocery shopping and all that goes with it. We do have to eat though.

I did get the downstairs cleaned so at least that’s done. I also cleaned out the fridge and snacking drawers. I still have to get my nails done next week and finish the upstairs cleaning. I put of waxing until after the fourth.

CeeJay: I sure hope your bil starts feeling a bit better soon. I had a nephew that had real demons. The poor man had his father commit suicide in his son’s bedroom with his son’s gun. My nephew was 16. He never recovered. He became an alcoholic and drug addict. He took his life a year ago. He was 52. It is so incredibly sad to see them screw up their life in whatever way it might be. I am sure your neighbors enjoy your playing very much.

Jean: I’m appalled how much cards cost. It’s ridiculous. We have people moving in and out so much you never know how much noise you’re going to get at the holidays. Hoping it will be quiet this year. We have so many shootings here they probably can’t tell that from fireworks. You know they have stuff you can throw in the washer and do a cycle and it cleanes and sanitizes. I use it every couple months to keep from it souring clothes. I also use Lysol laundry sanitizer when I wash Jack’s uniform shirts.

Everyone have a good evening.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #14  

Happy Friday! I think summer has officially arrived! It’s 87 but with the humidity feels hotter and heading into the 90s this weekend. Sun has been shining all day with NO wind. Bob helped me deliver the records this morning; I wanted him to see the inside of this store! The dear lady offered to pay me and I said absolutely not, I was just so happy she would take them. She plans to play each one! The Elvis record, Love Me Tender, was there as well as Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino. She was thrilled and so was I! From there I went on a search for a small oscillating fan for our bedroom. We have a ceiling fan but it blows on me and I don’t like that. I really wanted a small one to put on Bob’s night stand but ended up with a little larger one which will have to sit on the dresser. I should have turned the air on last night but I didn’t think it was that hot. Bob said he was hot all night and didn’t sleep a wink. I told him he knew where the thermostat is and how to push the buttons. It’s been on since first thing this morning! I had to do the gift shop paperwork when I picked up the money this afternoon. I was ready to leave and several people came in to shop and also get specialty drinks from the coffee shop. So I stayed to help out and give the coffee gal a break from the gift shop. Money is now counted and ready for the bank on Monday! Bob is going on a tractor ride tomorrow and I am going to dust, vacuum, and sort through some more clothes. I will get that chore done yet!

Ceejay, feel free to share, vent, complain, celebrate, or whatever with us! We won’t tell anyone. I hope your nephew will get some professional help. Easier said than done, I’m sure. You are kind to offer him a bed and to listen to him. It’s so hard to watch a loved one make bad choices.

”Gma,” hope your neighbor’s weeds are gone by now! My washer book recommends a cleaner available at the appliance store or else to use bleach. I’m supposed to do it after 30 loads but I’m never exact about that. I also read on a FB cleaning tip to use baking soda. I think I asked you if you ever fix a frozen whole chicken in the crockpot. If you answered that I never saw it. My FB was goofy for a couple days, I kept getting things I saw weeks ago.

I need to go get milk and bread which I intended to do after the gift shop but forgot. Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!
Old 06-29-2019, 03:58 PM   #15  

Afternoon,
Nephew worked this morning but is home now asleep on the couch.
I've been to the gym to work out and feel better.
I've also ran the dishwasher, unloaded it, and put dishes away and working on the living room.
I'm going to practice piano in a few minutes. Told nephew that I would after I got back from the gym, but I need to pay some bills first.
Have a good week end.