Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 01:18 AM   #46  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Ta dah

Great news.

Got it a job. Start 5/28/19. Get this. Wells Fargo. North side of Indy. Not downtown. Diff location. Thank you for all your prayers. Good vobes. Good thoughts and everything positive. Love you ladies to pieces.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #47  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Congratulations Annie. Wonderful news.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #48  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I'm going to try and get a post in. Was on a few days ago, did a big long post and then hit some unknown button, it tried to print my post and when I tried to back out of it I lost my post completely.

First of all Annie very very VERY happy to hear that someone was smart enough to finally hire you. They won't be sorry. It's a shame that it took so long but I hope you will like it and the people will be nice and this awful ordeal will finally be OVER and you can go and get on with your life. Congratulations!

Laura - interesting comment you made about your performance review AND bad news about the budget - did YOU spend them into a hole this quarter? Anyway - glad things went well in spite of things. I agree with you about the fish smells in the house. I try to only cook salmon when I can open the windows. I don't know what it is about guys and over spicing things. I know for some who like it spicy that anything less than burn your tongue off is too bland for them. Not my thing either. And yes, nice drizzle of sauce can really add to the dish BUT first you have to figure out the trick of making sauces or salsas. I'm betting with the sciatica issue that PT would probably benefit - like with my knee - when the IT band gets tight, it affects the knee and hip or keeping strong abs helps support the back so if you get the right combo going, it might help alleviate your sciatic pain. Worth checking into.

Shad - oh geez on the cellulitis. Actually I've had it twice and it can be quite painful and take a long time to treat. You would not think something so simple could be so complicated. I hope you are on the mend. And I hope it will not be something you can be more easily predisposed to the next time around. Yum on the roasted lamb. Is it called a lamb roast like you'd have any other type of pork or beef roast or is it something like shanks? I am learning to appreciate lamb more.

Susie - glad you took the time out to rest up and get a jump on the illness before it knocked you totally down for the count. I am proud of you for holding fast and pacing yourself with work. You were far too involved before and it was taking it's toll. Sometimes you have to manage the managers I am seeing all sorts of cute spring shoes and flowery dresses and it reminds me of you sprucing up your wardrobe. Time I think to go through my closet and put away the colder stuff.

Ceejay - I think the bad guy scammers got your number literally. Don't answer the phone. Remember that most places will contact you by mail if it's something official. Those scammers really know how to pull one over on you on the phone and set you off balance. Have you done anything with a garden or flowers or are the allergies too bad?

Monday I get my permanent crowns put in. Can't wait. The dentist's wife is (over)due with her second baby. The office called yesterday to say they are still on baby watch but considering all the problems I had, doctor is still planning on making Monday's appointment even if that's the only one he does. Last time I was there to replace a shattered temporary, the receptionist gave me a gas card from the doctor for all my troubles going back and forth with these teeth. I thought that was very sweet and totally unneccesary. I'm not sure I will like the permanent crowns as he said they are made to what my front teeth (which is part 2 of the project) will eventually look like. So the bite will be different and may seem a bit off. Good news is the work he has done so far took the pressure off my front teeth so they are tightening up and not as loose as they once were. So it's coming along. I look at many things I cannot eat so I am wistful at times and other times it's a good thing. Have not lost weight from this though given what I can eat - soft foods. Yesterday I spent a day with a friend out touring all the garden shops in a 90 minute drive from here. I got 2 baskets - one with a bright red orange begonia that looks like flames and another with a new hybrid of petunia called Night Skies. It's deep purple with white spots. It looks mottled until you look at it from a perspective of a starry night sky and then it looks really cool - at least I think it does. It also comes in a hot pink and a burgundy variety but I don't like it nearly as much. I was scouting more than anything looking at veg plants. I need to clean the garden beds and figure out what pots I want to plant flowers in before I go buying a bunch of stuff. It was a beautiful day and many people were out at all the centers loading up their carts so I think spring has sprung here. We got the last of the snow earlier this week. Come on warmer weather!

We have 5 baby foxes who made a den under our boat shed. DH is enamoured with them. It's all he talks about. I am cutting back on my volunteering. Worked 23 hours this week - yes I know that's not cutting back - but wanted to finish getting this issue of the senior center newspaper done. I think that's going to be my last issue. Too much work on my part, too little interest on anyone else's part. Had fun at bingo Thursday - I had to call all 18 games and they said I was in rare form and should have been a stand up comedienne so I guess they liked my side comments. My biggest issue besides my teeth is shoes. I wear the same boots in the winter for the most part and my feet get used to them It's always a problem when I change shoes - my foot sits differently and I have all sorts of knee problems and sore feet. I have ordered a few pairs of Clarks shoes hoping to find the right shoe that will allow me to walk about with minimal pain. So far no luck.

Today I am going to the library shortly. A friend and I signed up for a Fairy Garden class that was just a fun outing for us. I hope it will be ok. I'm thinking for the price - $15 we will basically build something with a thumb's worth of moss and a house made of cereal boxes. I say that because Fairy Gardening is big now and all the garden centers we went too have all sorts of miniature things to build a garden with and THEY ARE NOT CHEAP!! You can easily spent $100 to put things in a large, fancy bowl. If nothing else, we will sit and laugh with each other.

So I have to get showered up. Just wanted to do a quick post. Happy Mother's Day ladies - we're all Moms in one way or another!!! ♥
Old 05-11-2019, 11:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

A quick post for me. It's getting late.
I got a new piano keyboard so I would have something decent to play on. It's an 88 keys, keyboard too. I'm loving it.
Annie
congratulations on the new job. It is odd that you would be going back to WF but in a different location. I'm happy for you

Happy
After this ordeal with the scammers unless I know the person calling I do not answer.
I'm not sure I would appreciate the foxes in the yard.

Last edited by ceejay52; 05-11-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #50  

Big congrats Annie!!!
Old 05-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #51  
Choose your hard

Good Morning to all,

Susie - I saw your comment on Facebook about the Sperry line of shoes. I did try the Sperry topsiders but unfortunately my feet pronate out and while they seemed really comfortable, they don't support my foot enough and the pronation tends to make my feet and knees hurt since the foot is not sitting straight. I am thinking the next step is Frankenstein boots... But thanks for the suggestion anyway!

The Fairy Garden glass was FANTASTIC. I wasn't expecting much for $15 but it was put on by this delightful lady who almost looks like she could be a Fairy Godmother / Earth Mother herself. And old hippie soul ... Her husband is in the lumber business and she likes to hike outside so she came up with this idea of the Fairy Gardens. She also does a class where you make mini garden projects - like for kids and such. Husband creates the houses - a chunk of diagonally cut birch tree sitting atop a chunky slice of some other brown tree. That makes the house and he puts a slanted piece on the birch making a roof. Then this is the amazing thing - she has tons of things to decorate the house - all gathered from walks she takes in the forest - bird feathers, seeds (pumpkin seeds, seed pods, those "whirly bird" annoying seed pods that you see in the fall here, nuts (acorns and walnuts), small pebbles of all shapes and sizes, sticks, ferns, mosses - just this cornucopia of common objects that you'd pass by and never think of using to decorate things. I think that's what made it really cool - all this natural stuff. You can easily spend hundreds of dollars buying all these miniature fairy garden decorations - they are all the rage right now but after seeing this class I think it looks so much better when you decorate with natural stuff. The teacher said her intention is to inspire people to go out and walk in the woods and take a look around all all the fun things you can find. She ignored the part about mosquitoes and ticks that are also out in the woods waiting for you to come by so they can have a decent meal She donates her time as well as all the materials but insists that the $15 charge per person for the class must go directly to some charitable organization - in this case the library foundation or the nature museum, etc. which I thought was just so amazing. And she has all these cute little "tricks" to use the objects - ie. the top cap of an acorn glued to a glass marble or white rock can make a fairy lantern for your house, a half walnut shell can be filled with miniature flowers to make a flower basket. Stuff you'd never think of. It was interesting to see what people came up with - one person glued those helicopter whirly bird seed pods to their roof to make this neat looking thatched roof. Another used a bit of bark and some sticks to make a "balcony" on their fairy house. Other people made "faces"from the acorns and put them in a seed pod like acorn babies It was really fun and more than got our money's worth. I'd love to do this again. I also had never used a hot glue gun before so that was an adventure. Didn't glue myself to anything and the hot glue got on me but didn't leave a burn.

I was a bit perturbed that this cute light up fairy house I bought at a garden center did NOT light up when I pulled out the tab that is supposed to conserve the battery. And one of the flower baskets I purchased - the orange flame begonia - I left out on the deck overnight because the weather SAID only a low of 48 degrees and it actually got to 38 which darn near almost killed that very water based begonia. I am hoping I can salvage it but will have to trim most of the dead bits off of it. The garden center people SHOULD tell you - hey protect this for a bit until the weather is a steady 50 degrees overnight. Not all of us are garden mavens!

DH is going out to prepare the garden beds. I won't go near there until the high grasses and the ticks are shorn down. Then I have seeds to plant since it appears that none of the garden centers are planning on having arugula (rocket to you Shad) or sugar snap peas this year. One year I will get my act together and start some plantings end of March so I can get the cool weather crops in early. Only problem is I have to do them in the house and Bimmy the cat should have been named Dennis the Menace because she is into EVERYTHING and loves to chew - chews the green top of pineapples, LOVES to chew on sweet corn leaves, was on a seek and destroy mission to take out a nice bunch of miniature kitty willows my friend gave me.

So... before it gets too late I am going to get out of this chair and get some things done around here. Laundry is piled up and I have been out of the house the last 3 days so things need putting away.

Hope you are having a good Sunday and Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms out there. And most importantly, do not let this day make you feel less than special if you, like me, never had any children. We are all Moms and comforters in many ways.

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-12-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:15 PM   #52  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Mother's Day all. Human and furry moms. My son had a mom bbq at his house. He did the best ribs on earth. I never knew he was such a great chef. All the picnic sides. I just ate ribs and more ribs. He even sent some home with me. Sam and the boys joined too. It was an excellent day. His girlfriend and her mom's side were there as well. Very nice time. I really like his GF. I took her a hanging basket of pink petunias that I bought at Royce's Pre-school flower sale. SO very pretty.

HAPPY....I saw DHs pics of the foxes on FB. OMGoodness they are so cute and cuddly looking. Has he gotten them to eat out of his hand yet? You fairie garden class sounds like fun. Glad to hear you are bowing out of volunteering even more. More time for you and less frustration in your retirement
LAURA., SHAD, CEEG,SUSIE...thank you for the well wishes and congrats on the job. I am excited about it but also dreading it. Does that even make sense? My brother is really excited for me but also depressed. Funny he likes calling me 14 times a day. haha.

I am still going to ask off on for my SIL surgery date. Moved to July 18 from the 15th. Paid or unpaid is fine with me. I just want to be there for her.

Gotta get my jammies on and get comfortable.

Love you ladies.

​​​​​​​
Old 05-14-2019, 05:51 AM   #53  

Height: 5'7"

Only one more day and I have survived operation Innovation Review. It will end at 5 tonight and we have to pack up all the displays which will br shipped back from the downtown offices to the offices in Mason....then of course we get to unpack them and put them away. But that can happen any day.

I can tell I am getting older because my patience has worn thin with that sort of thing. Yesterday, we changed the set up 3 times...seriously people it didnt look much different than the first set up.

Ok...back to a positive point of view.

Anne I am THRILLED you are back to work. God is good! I am sure it is a good thing it isnt downtown. Hopefully not as much traffic and easier commute. Will you be doing the same sort of work you did before?

Happy, those fairy gardens are very interesting to me. It sounds like this lady has a heart for them and has so many interesting ways to create a unique one.

How nice that your dentist office gave you a gas card because of all the extra trips you have had to make. It shows forethought and they care about their patient. Something we dont see as much these days.

Shad: I hope the cellulitis has resolved itself.

Ceejay: i loved your FB post of your peony bush. It is beautiful.

Laura: i am sure you are glad the review with your boss is over and done with and it went pretty well. Mine is coming up in July after our fiscal closes in June. We have to write up our contributions and such before hand. I plan to start on mine the 1st of June as it is a exercise in writing for sure and makes my brain tired.

That was some first workout you did. I can imagine I would be very sore! I cant seem to get myself back to doing weight training and I have now idea why becasue I really love to do it once I get started.

I am about finished with my recumbent bike ride this morning. Spending time with all of you has made it go by quickly.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 05-14-2019 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #54  
Choose your hard

Hah girls,

I see the obscenity filter on 3FC changed my post talking about the willow branch to "kitty willow" Also I did not realize that the fuzzy parts are to protect the flowers over the cold winter and that they actually bloom in the spring.

Well after 3 and a half hours in the dentist's chair yesterday I have part 1 of my new teeth. The bite is weird and it feels as if I am hitting 2 rounded points but he said it will take some getting used to as he has changed my bite. My sister said having braces is the same kind of experience. They are whiter and straighter, especially in the front. When the last dentist made my bridge and partial he had to hurry because they decided after dragging things along that I HAD to move to Memphis the first of the year, just after he started the dental work. He had to rush about 6 months of work into 6 weeks. He tried his best but there was lots of fixing that should have happened and I can't blame him for that. Among which was the teeth were slanted. But they held up for 15 years so at least they were sturdy. For almost $16,000 spent so far I wish I could say they are pretty but I still have my original 4 front teeth which is part 2 of the project. So right now they have big gaps and the big chip in the front tooth and they look very discolored compared to the new crowns so I can't smile yet. Also I was hoping my teeth would butt against one another but he said because I had such huge gaps on my canine teeth and the ones below them that when making the crowns, they made the teeth a little wider but could not make them wide enough to completely close the gap so I will still have 2 spots with a small gap in them. The only way to completely fix that would have been to make full dentures and I opted out of that. Still in all, a good thing. Once it's all done it will look so much nicer. Towards the end of yesterday I was getting restless in the chair. I did take a Valium but it wore off and they didn't turn up the nitrous oxide gas as much as it could have been. I was getting tired of just laying there even though they did give me 3 breaks to go to the bathroom and stretch a bit. I came home and didn't feel like doing much of anything so I called my Mom - we missed each other on Mother's Day. And then I went and gave a 3 season room a good cleaning as the guys are coming out to check a leak in the roof. I also did 2 loads of laundry. I ordered some things from the Container Store hoping to help me organize my closets. I purchased a few spring shirts and I am at max capacity in the closet. Literally can't get anything more in there. I need to clean out an upstairs closet from stuff I moved in 8 years ago and will never wear - mostly business clothes. That will become my transition closet for out of season stuff. Right now everything is in one closet and while it's a bit walk in closet, it's doesn't work too well. SO MANY PROJECTS! I still have to switch to my new laptop and it's time to work on the garden. I am having problems finding a shoe that works for me. The ones I have so far - new Clarks and my lightweight New Balance sneakers from last year are just irritating my ankle and knee which makes standing and walking around projects a bit more tough at the moment. I also need to find something that will allow me to take walks outside as DH is chomping at the bit to get out and take pictures of anything and everything. Later this morning I have to go for a bone density test and boob squish - it's that time for all the wellness exams.

I got some news that my aunt - my Godmother has been diagnosed with severe dementia. Her personality changed after she retired at 65 (she is 81 now) and instead of being happy about retiring she got really crabby and depressed. Her son lives with her and always has. He had a childhood girlfriend and they planned to marry and then realized they were better as friends than spouses so never married but stayed lifelong partners and supporters of each other. My cousin has severe rheumatoid arthritis, OCD and health issues. W supported him financially all along. And then one day she took a fall, banged her head and while we thought she was ok, she developed early onset dementia at 57 years old. It became his turn to care for her. He eventually took her into my aunt's home when he discovered the in home caretaker he hired was leaving W alone most of the day and she started to wander and was not eating. Her condition has rapidly deteriorated, she is mostly catatonic now - a shell with a healthy body and a dead mind. My cousin is at wits end to care for her - he will not put her in memory care but he needs help. All through this my aunt (his mother) grew more and more angry with the situation as she felt W's care was wearing out my cousin. She'd call her nasty names and while she didn't abuse her, she was not nice to her. And considering W financially supported D all her adult life, it's not like she was getting a free ride here. I really disrespected my aunt for this. And Aunt D got worse - took to her bed, would not take calls, would complain no one called her. It did not look like dementia. But she had to go to the hospital for a carotid artery clean out on both sides and before they could do the surgery she had complications which prevented that. She also needed a surgery to repair a Abdominal aortic aneurysm - a family defect that killed my grandmother, her sister and another family member. Her heart is not in good enough condition for any of these surgeries. The news of 2 dementia patients has my cousin about to lose his mind. He is sending his mother to rehab to get stronger which is what she needs and she is combative. The only good thing is the neighbor who helps my mom is a retired nurse and D has been depending on her to help W after he finally relented and accepted he needs some kind of help when he had to take my aunt to doctor's appointments and the upcoming surgeries. So what a giant mess. This cousin is the brother to my other cousin - the one in Florida who got hit by a car and has been dealing with 2 kinds of cancers. That family has had nothing but sorrows. I guess I will have to forgive my aunt for being so mean to W and get back in touch again, even if it's only by cards and letters.

Fooey. I just looked at the time. I have to get showered for my appointments. Will come back for personals this afternoon...
Old 05-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #55  

Hi Everyone.

Susie – I’m glad you survived the innovation review. I hope you’re were recovered from the allergy attack before you had to go through that ordeal. I do agree about being short on patience as one gets older. I try to keep my mouth shut, lol. Re your review… I like writing, but not that kind of writing. And all too often I think about the time I could be spending on actual work!

Annie – The bbq sounded wonderful. Yum, ribs. I think it’s time bf made some!! So you are back to WF. I’m also curious if it’s the same type of work. Also – will your commute be better or worse? Are you happy to not be working downtown now? Yes, I get how you can be happy to be employed again, but also anxious over it. You’ll do great.

Happy – I’m glad you enjoyed the Fairy Garden class. There a really cute fairy garden in our neighborhood that’s visible to the street. I took a photo of it one year while I was on a dog walk. Maybe I need to think about one myself. It just might be the size garden I can handle – I sure can’t deal with all the yardwork on our lot. I’m still doing fall cleanup, LOL. I saw some prepackaged cheapo fairy garden set somewhere – maybe it was the dollar store or w-mart? Anyway, it’s the exact opposite of what your instructor is doing. I just love the idea that she’s furnishing her garden with items from nature. So you didn’t say what you made during this class… I hope your begonia survived the cold temps. I bought a geranium and I’m still keeping it in the house. And we also kept the geraniums bf and I bought our moms for Mother’s Day indoors overnight. My mom saw those solar light stakes at Aldi and wanted one and I asked her what she wanted it for – her only outdoor space is a balcony. So I jokingly told her she would have to jam one in a potted flower that would go on her balcony. So I kept that in mind and we bought a 4-pack of them. One of them went into the pot with the geranium. It’s a pretty light – a crackled glass bulb. We’ll see if she gets enough sun on her balcony to charge it… How did the installation of the permanent crowns go??

Ceejay – I’m glad you’re enjoying your new keyboard. I’m not even sure how you practice on something that isn’t a full keyboard – aren’t there songs you need to have a full keyboard for? I loved that fb photo of your peony. I’m looking forward to when mine bloom. I actually got the metal rings around them this year, so they shouldn’t flop over when it rains a lot.

Shad – I hope your leg is better by now!! Wow, that went bad. When you said that you smell that your tea is ready, I was thinking, “what kind of tea does she drink that she smells it all the way from her kitchen to her computer?” Then I read on.

==

It looks like the temps are finally becoming more spring-like. But after today we’re in for a rainy stretch. Oh well. I’m just glad for some sun the past two days. The weekend was so chilly and dreary.

Mother’s Day was a nice meal at a steakhouse with both our mom’s, and with my side of the family. Bf came separately with his mom and I stood up to greet her. When I went to sit back down, the chair had tipped back (I think my purse hanging on the seat back caused it to tumble) and I ended up on the floor! I wasn’t hurt, but it sure was embarrassing!

And another mishap yesterday. I took my bike to the train. When I rode home, I stopped at a stop sign (for a change) and instead of getting off the seat and standing while the cars at the intersection crossed, I leaned over a bit to just put one foot on the curb next to me. But I lost my balance and over I went – with the bike. Again, very embarrassing. Though one person walking on the street and another in a car were nice enough to ask if I was okay. Yes, except my right elbow is bruised and scraped. But the weather is good again today, so I 'm back in the saddle again. Yes, that's a song sung by Gene Autry and I only know that because it's part of the "Sleepless in Seattle" movie soundtrack, LOL.

I worked out at the fc on Saturday and I went again last night. (Had to do my plank in a full pushup position because I couldn’t do it on my elbows because of the boo-boo.) Going to try and get into a groove and stay there. I know it’s what I need to do. I’m still sloooowly reading that book “Younger Next Year”, but even if I read no further, I know I need to keep exercising and doing more of it! Even just having done just 3 workouts, I don’t seem to notice that sciatica pain.

Best get back to work now.

Last edited by Laura705; 05-14-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #56  

Happy - Don't know how I missed your last post yesterday. Anyway, glad Part 1 of the dental overhaul is over and went well. Good luck with getting used to the new the new bite. When will Part 2 happen? Are you wanting a break or are you anxious to just get it over with and have nice new strong pretty teeth to enjoy? Yes, the situation with your aunt, your cousin and his friend really is a mess. He certainly does need support - being a caretaker must be so difficult for even one person, but for two? Wow. I certainly hope he can get more support. And the friend and his mom's conditions might get to a point where they can't live at home anymore.

My co-worker came back to work yesterday from her medical visit on Monday and reported all was good with her transplanted kidney. But today she came in and said that the foot that's been recovering from infection for months now (with amputated toe) now has a broken bone and that the bone looks like it's infected. She will have an MRI tomorrow and it looks like she may have to have surgery to remove part of the bone. She's a very strong person who's faced many MANY medical challenges, but is very upset at this news. Especially coming on the heels of positive news at the kidney appointment. I just want to understand why life can be so unfair, and ask, "why her???" Please keep her in your prayers.

As we speak, bf has his one month follow-up appointment after ear surgery. He will finally get the wick removed that's been in since the surgery. Hopefully all will be as it should at this stage, and that the removal of the wick will help him hear better. It could be up to 6 months to regain his full hearing. And now his lifting and bending restrictions will be no more.

That's about it for now. Everyone have a good day!!
Old 05-15-2019, 12:46 PM   #57  

Haven't been here in a couple of days. I've been working outside trying to get things caught up in between the rains. I mowed Monday and yesterday I cut the bushes in front. They were over grown and I cut them down to the nub. Now you can see the house.
I bought a new 88 key piano keyboard last week. I was tired of the nieces piano and it was acting wonky. I want to hear the tones of the music. My nieces keyboard was making noises of it's on.
Weighed in this morning. I've lost the fluid pounds I'd gained last week. I'm getting serious this week as I have no birthday parties to attend. I still want my cake though lol.

Happy
My sis has a fairy garden for her granddaughter. I've been thinking of putting in one in the bed where the peony is located.

Hello's to the rest. I'll be back later
Old 05-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #58  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi all,
Still getting over this blasted cellulitis. I have one fat leg and one normal one. It just does not want to go down. Add to that I still don't feel completely well.
Weather has been good this month. Showers overnight and warm days, cool nights - wish it was like this all year. The garden is loving it. I see some tiny tomatoes on the vines already, the corn is producing corn silk so there will be cobs soon, cauliflowers are producing little heads. The beans have flowers but as yet no beans. The capsicum ( bell peppers to you lot) are producing madly) Unfortunately the weeds are also producing madly and it is really annoying to clear a patch of garden one day and find that there are yet more weeds growing the next. Can't poison because of the rain. I have to physically pull them out. A couple of trees and bushes need trimming and I really don't have the energy to do it all yet. Aah well que sera sera.

Happy - Sounds like the teeth are coming along. It's a long process but at least it is happening. Cleaning out wardrobes and drawers is a frustrating experience, I'm doing mine at the end of each season and chucking a lot of stuff I used to wear for work. All my mining workgear is now gone. The things I could donate were easy, it was the stuff that was still good but had identifiable marks on them that I had problems destroying.
So sorry to hear of the family woes with carers and dementia etc. Never an easy time for the family and made worse for your godmothers son with two to care for.

Laura - Sorry to hear that you had a bit of a prang off the bike going home - it's embarrassing when people see you do things like that. Hope you didn't bang things up too much.
Sounds like you had a nice day for Mothers day. Mine was very quiet and DS2 who was supposed to come round got called out to work so didn't make it. Not to worry, he makes up for it in many other ways.
Sorry to hear of the co-worker and more health problems for her. Some people seem to really suffer in this world while others just sail through life. Many times they are not the people I would like to sail through life.

Ceejay - Well done on the gardening - wish I was doing as well. Hope the fairly garden goes well.

Susie - hope work has quietened down now and you are able to do other things for yourself.

Annie - how is the new job going? Hope it turns out to be just the right thing for you. So many people looking for work these days.

We had a general election last weekend. The general public has returned the incumbent party and head idiot much to everyone's surprise. At least we didn't give a seat to the fat business man who is a nut case and whose motto was to Make Australia Great Again - sound familiar???? Not a viable policy in sight and hasn't paid his dues to the companies he has acquired and stripped of all profits before shutting down and putting hundreds out of work.
Other than that there isn't much news as I haven't been out and about much over the last couple of weeks. So I am off to make a banana cake and put the laundry in the dryer as it is now drizzling rain out there, so it looks like inside work today.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #59  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

While some of you have been hot and dry - we are cool and rainy. In fact we had SNOW yesterday. About an inch - but then a high of 60 degrees (F) today. SOOOO aggravating. My 3 season room looks like a jungle of plants in there. This crazy weather is too iffy to put the garden in - for example it's a predicted high of 60 degrees during the day and 36 degrees at night. We have a heavy plastic greenhouse that DH put up the other day. I looked out yesterday morning and it's tumbled into the trees - didn't think it was that windy last night. I had rolled the windows up on either side to let the wind pass through and lessen the resistance but I think DH closed them up. He said he put a brick on each side of the structure but that's not really enough to hold it down. I'm glad I didn't put the plants in there yet or they would have gotten knocked around and probably damaged. I got my sugar snap peas the other day. Will have to plant arugula from seeds. Saturday I got up at 5am so we could get to the Master Gardener Plant sale at the university. It was miserable raining hard but there were about a hundred of us there to snap up the plants. They had several varieties of tomatoes and bell peppers specific to our cooler and short growing season. That's why I went there - hoping these plants would do better than store bought ones in the past. I also got a 6 pack variety of herbs and a 6 pack of pollinator flowers for the bees and butterflies. Now... just to wait out the weather to plant. I think we will wait until the end of the month. We get wide swings of temperatures - 60s during the day and 30's at night.

Not much going on in my world. My bingo partner - his wife left abruptly and went missing for 3 weeks. She served him with divorce papers. He is broken up about it. Been trying to comfort him. This weather is killing my arthritis - my whole skeleton hurts. Going today to get the new teeth checked. Still trying to find the sweet spot for my bite but it will take a while. Been easing down on the volunteering. Mom is still driving us all nuts. All is normal in the world

Shad - I'm not sure if it's age or just that cellulitis is so hard to treat but I too was amazed at just how long it took to treat and clear up. Makes one a bit more leery of being out with the spiders and bugs of the world. Or I guess you can get it just as well from an infected scratch. You will have to give me tips on growing capsicum - I have never been successful with it - walls never get thick enough so if you pick the pepper, you have to us it immediately - not like the store kind. Do you use a mulch or a garden cloth cover to help stem the weeds? We have the same issue - open air with lots of breezes and with the woods all around us, the grasses and weeds are self sowing. You are retired now, do things at your own pace so if not today, tomorrow's another opportunity Sorry to hear that you have the crazy politicians we do. I don't know what is becoming of this world. Truly I don't.

Annie - enjoy your last week off before you start the new job. I'm sure part of you is eager to get back to work and a paycheck but it looks like you have enjoyed some time with the boys. Has to be a relief to get back to regular life again. Hope you will be able to post more often - we have missed you. I hope they give you the time off for your SIL's surgery. I think companies are more understanding about those things, especially if you are up front about it.

Ceejay - I'm glad you decided to spring for a new, full size keyboard. Since you enjoy it and it will be much easier to practice and give you confidence. Are you going to plant anything outside? Sorry that there are some expensive home repairs for your sister to face.

Laura - part two of the dentistry will happen in about 6 weeks or so. They are trying to determine what the condition of my front teeth is before they decide on the next step. They are hoping the new teeth will take the pressure off the front bite. If so, then they can crown the front teeth without trouble. It looks like the right 2 teeth have tightened up, not sure about the left 2 teeth. My options are 4 crowns, a bridge of all 4 teeth together or a combo of implants and crowns depending on the structure. My dentist's wife was due with her second baby and I was so glad she "held it in" so I could make my appointment in the morning to put the permanent crowns in last week. She went into labor later that day and had a little boy at 5pm. That's so sad about your co-worker and the latest round of medical issues. I agree with you - why do the nicest people seem to have continuous obstacles to face? Doesn't make sense. Will keep her on the good thoughts list... I guess you are going to have to put in a long rectangular planter on your Mom's balcony so she can have pretty lights at night If I were to do a fairy garden outside, I'd do it in the back yard so people didn't come by and gawk and steal things! Actually there are some very nice ones you can make in a large area the size of a child's pool with all sorts of neat things. You are better with plastic parts tho - the fairy garden lady said that if you use edible items like seed pods and stuff DONT put it outside or the birds and squirrels will eat it up! Thank you for putting a continuous loop of Gene Autry's Back in the Saddle Again in my head I'm glad only your ego got bruised after your tumbles. Things happen - welcome to the wobbly years

Susie - oh man - innovation reviews - sounds like LOTS OF WORK FOR SUSIE!!! Glad it's all done for a year. Sounds like too many people have their fingers in the pie tweaking this and that like you said all for the same result! Gads. Have you had time for some spring shopping? Sounds like no. Any concerts planned for this year?

Ok, well I have to get this posted and pick up a few things before we head to the dentist. I have some Kohls cash to spend and we will be right close to the store today although I bought everything I already needed so this cash is kind of a waste but I have $100 so that's not worth burning away. Anyway best get on with the day, I am going to set the plants outside now that it warmed up. Have a good week everyone!
Old 05-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #60  

Morning
We had a bumpy night with thunderstorms and possible tornadoes and flash flooding. We were to get 6 inches of rain and more to come this afternoon.
My bil text yesterday to tell me that they are sending someone out to get an estimate for air conditioner. He sent his phone number because they know I do not answer unknown phone calls anymore.
I'm still trying to stay on the food plan but it is hard. I'm losing weigh though. I've decided not to go to weigh in's any more. I hate driving in Springfield and their location is in a busy part of the city. Makes me extremely nervous even though I've learned my way their and back. Plus it's 20 miles one way. I can call in my weight.

Shad
I hope that the cellulitis heals up soon. Are you taking antibiotics for it?

Annie
The grand baby is beautiful.

Happy
This keyboard sounds and feels like the one at church so it's giving me more confidence in playing at church. Wow, 3 hours in a dentist chair would literally have me bazonkers.

Laura
I really need to get back to the gym. Ouch on those falls Glad you were not hurt.

Susie
Have you had your review ?
Closed Thread