Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #31  

Afternoon all. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. We had a great weekend for weather.

Susie - You still sound like you're busy both at home and work - but when holidays come around it does get busier. I find I get really crabby when I don't get my "chill time". You're absolutely right about getting the foot surgery in the summer. Unfortunately, that's when my work is busy...but I need to put me first. And I can work from home, so that's just what I need to do. -- Sorry you were sick last week. But great job staying on track with the exercise!! How was dinner with the family and friends?

Ceejay - Have you gotten back to the gym yet? Sounds like the plan is working...if you work it! Isn't that always the way?? . How's that new baby doing??

Happy - You mentioned fridge bins and that made me think of the drawers I took out of our old basement fridge (i.e., meat drawer, fruit/veg "crisper" drawers) before ComEd picked it up. I know if I told bf I was going to re-purpose them for something, he would scoff at the idea. So I pulled them out of the fridge in a stealth manner and squirreled them away somewhere and now I can't think of where I put them! They're certainly not small, so I'm sure I'll find them quickly. Anyway, it's the same idea you had - to put a bunch of small stuff together. We have a large linen cabinet that we also use for all kinds of first aid, medicines, and other health/beauty stuff. I currently have like items grouped in separate shoe boxes - first aid, dental, prescription drugs/vitamins, OTC meds, etc. I'll probably use the old fridge drawers to replace those cardboard shoe boxes. Or I might use them in our pantry for the spices we don't keep in our kitchen cabinet. Having fallen off the exercise wagon back in November, I'm once again feeling a bit creaky in the joints and I also notice that the numbness in my shoulders/arms/hands came back again. So I do have to conclude that exercise keeps the joints lubricated and increases the circulation. Re that book I mentioned in my last post - I couldn't renew that library book anymore, so I had to go through the process of returning it and placing it on hold. Now it's ready again, so I'll go tonight and recheck it. The title is: Younger Next Year for Women by Chris Crowley & Henry S. Lodge. I'm not into non-fiction, but the chapters describing the way the body works were interesting to me. I was just getting into the chapters about exercise...if the last 2/3 of the book are all about that I'm not sure exactly what they can cover for that many pages, so we'll see how that goes...---How crummy to have your/DH's volunteer time and efforts essentially wasted by whatever went down with the receptionist. I hope you both redirect a lot of your time to other things you want to do that will make you happy, not frustrated. --- Yikes, that dental work!! Glad there is a light at the end of that tunnel.

Annie - Sorry to hear about your SIL Cindy. I hope the surgery is a success!

Shad - Glad you're feeling better now. Sounds like the garden is going well, in spite of the dog's antics, LOL.

--

I saw my mother both Saturday and Sunday and she seems to be fine. She has three appointments in the next several weeks, as well as home healthcare visits to check vitals and assess her home environment and her need for PT. I do think she needs PT to help her get strong and improve her balance. And I hope they tell her to use a @#$% cane!!

Bf is recovering well, just has bending and lifting restrictions for a month. He finishes his antibiotics today, but will continue to use the ear drops.

Thanks for asking about my mom and bf.

Late last week we purchased another Acura to replace the old one, but this one is an SUV. It's nice, but I still have to figure out all the features and settings. It will be "my car". We also sold our other SUV (on Easter!). Bf is still looking for a van to buy to use as a work vehicle. In the meantime we will keep the Acura sedan so we still have two vehicles. The weather seemed iffy this morning, so I drove to the train. Hopefully I can ride my bike the next few days.

I need to get to the library after work, and then I need to do a load of laundry tonight. The weekend was pretty busy and I only had time for one load. The house is a mess thanks to the last couple busy weekends, so some housecleaning needs to be tackled. And the ant invasion is going on. BF got a good jump on them by laying down the inside traps, but there's still some getting past them. Need to buy more of the outdoor traps, and maybe buy one of the sprays my family told me about. In the meantime, we need to remember not to leave any foods on the counters!!

Okay, I have to get back to it. Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:45 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

It looks to have been a quiet week here.

I have been super busy at work and for the first time in a long time I had overtime. I am flexing the time I incurred for a vacation day I took yesterday.

We have been going nonstop through the week for the past two weeks and on the weekends. And my house was getting out of control and I need to get my closets switched over. So yesterday I cleaned all day and today and tomorrow I am working on my closets.

We went to see Mercy Me last night.....what a great concert!! DH and I went. We had a nice time and really enjoyed the music. I listen to KLove a lot when I am commuting and I know a lot of the songs.

I had a 3.4 lb loss at TOPS on Thursday. I was happy about that.

Laura: how nice to get a new car! I hope your mom is doing better.

How is your fridge and bathroom closet organization going.

I always feel that is is a never ending battle when organizing but if we dont do it, things get piled up.

Happy Birthday to Happy!

I need to get moving. Cailyn and Layna are in a school play tonight and I need to get these closets switched over. I know I will be go going to Goodwill as I sort through spring and summer things that have been put away. After I get this project done then I know what I need to buy for spring and summer.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #33  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

I guess I am going to lose my 3FC card if I don't start posting more often. The days have been drifting by. I will check in and read posts and even start some and invariably get distracted and never finish.

Hope you had a good Easter. We went to a buffet, I am pretty much eating one meal a day - it's tough with all these temporary crowns. Several of them are fused together which holds up better but there is a lone tooth that no matter how much cement I put on it, it won't stay on for more than 48 hours. And I am eating soft things and chewing on just my front teeth so trying not to stress them. I went to the dentist last Wednesday and the lab called and said they needed all new impressions so he pulled out all of the temporaries, took impressions and re-cemented my temporaries. Said he used stronger bonding material. Came home that evening and we went to a restaurant - I had butternut squash ravioli which were heavenly but not only did my top tooth come out but the bottom bridge did also. So I just gave up eating and ordered another glass of wine... I found a couple of packets of cement in a bathroom drawer I had from a previous dental experience - it "expired" in June of last year but I figured that wasn't overly expired. Mixed it up and glued in the top tooth. What a mess as the stuff oozes all over - all over the tooth, the adjacent teeth, the gums, your tongue and somehow all over your face! I glued the bottom ones in and as I was attempting to clean myself up, I realized I glued the upper one in backwards it is just the tiniest bit higher in the front than the back and with the cement I could not see that. So I yanked it out and recemented it. Took 20 minutes to glue them in and hold them and then another hour to clean up all the extra bits. I went in with a wooden toothpick because I don't have those dental tools but was afraid I would dislodge things. The worst was my face - it was really hard to get off my skin. Then I kept getting bits of cement on my tongue which annoyed my tongue Because they are still working on the permanent crowns, I will have to deal with this until May 13. The top one popped off again when I was brushing my teeth yesterday - I don't know what else they can really do - it's just a tiny nub of a tooth underneath - all sad and yellow looking actually - so there's not much to hold on to. They did call me from the dentist Friday and I told them, they will check back tomorrow. My only other option at this point is to pulverize all my food in the Vitamix blender or drink protein shakes. I would not make a good bariatric patient!! I kind of suspected this.

My birthday sucked. Big time. Didn't do anything. Didn't even get a birthday card from my husband. He "forgot". He is getting like my Mom - remembers what he wants to. Enough about that. I was sad and upset and didn't want to do anything so I just stayed home. We ordered Chinese food which in the spirit of the day was also crappy.

Susie - sounds like things are going well for you. I am taking a page from you - I have everything all seasons in one closet - too cluttered. Going to make room upstairs to switch them out. Thanks for the idea. I'm glad you enjoyed your concert. You seem to have many opportunities to get great music out by you. Congrats on the good weight loss at TOPS. When you are doing well is there something you attribute that to? It seems like exercise is really a key component to weekly losses for you. Keep up the good work! And reward yourself with some fun spring clothes. Loved the pictures of you and Genny - you do look like soul sisters and very much alike in bubbly personalities. I loved the picture of you and her and the birthday crown.

Laura - regarding your foot. I think you need to make it a priority to have the surgery. You'll be surprised at how quickly you can get in the rhythm of working from home once you start. Probably won't want to go back to the office ever again But I have a friend who was putting off foot surgery because he was having problems accepting he could not do any weight bearing activity for 3 months. I told him he can adjust - roll around the house in a desk chair and use a rollator walker to make adjustments but then again he's a guy and did guy thinking and ignored all advice. What he wound up doing was blowing out / ruining his knee surgery he had done prior. The foot created so many problems it overstressed the knee. Now he is almost crippled and has problems with the entire leg. So ... just saying before you have hip and knee pain related to your foot because just like the song - everything is connected! It's funny you mention the fridge bins. I kept the drawers from my other freezer when we replaced it and was just looking at them last week sitting in a pile on the floor. They are free standing even though they are meant to hang on the door. Could be good for organizing produce or jars in the refrigerator. Especially since this refrigerator has wire racks instead of glass shelves and sometimes things are wobbly on them. I like the acrylic bins much better than the shoe boxes too simply because they are easy to label and see what is in them. I'm glad to hear that your Mom is doing better. She won't use her cane until she decides too. We keep pestering mine to use the rollator rolling walker which she desperately needs but she fights us continuously on it even though when she goes shopping she grabs a cart all the time for stability (same principle you think???? ) She finally relented and grabs her cane though she artfully tries to forget it although at this point she's too wobbly for the cane. What can you do? I can tell you your future experiences with your Mom but you really don't want to know as I see a lot of similarities Finally that thing about moving you are reading about is so very true. My Mom spunky as she is is much sturdier than her sister who freaked out when she had an accident related to weak bones. I even see that up here with the seniors - those who move - even if slowly and with assistance - are in much better shape than those who sit. Going to post this before I lose it.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:54 AM   #34  
Choose your hard

Back again...

So Ceejay - did you buckle down and get back on your meal plan again? You'd better if you are spending money to be on it. I know it's difficult but will help you in the long run. Are you starting to do yard work or are you caught up in the latest rounds of crazy weather that is bringing snow to places it should not be?

Shad - how was your birthday? I'm sorry I didn't get a proper card out or even post on here. I had forgotten about your ribs being so sore. Are you now suffering with a cold on top of it? That has to be really painful. Have you abandoned the French lessons or are you just being casual about it? I'll bet you are glad to see the return of cooler weather - wet a bit too? Glad the garden is giving up some bounty. Soon it will be time to start thinking about mine also. It's an overgrown mess at this point that will take at least 2 days of cleaning. Right now it's adjacent to a lake of standing water from the spring melt. With the grown shifting and saturated, I might not even be able to get into the garden gate. Last year the frame was shifting and we had to bungee cord the gate because it shifted enough to slip below the latch. I imagine it's even worse now. DH would love to clear your garden of rocket - I think it's his favorite thing growing.

Hello Annie any news of your sister in law? Like I said perhaps you are not getting a job right now because you are needed to take care of her. So I have switched up my prayers - if that's the case then God please send you some random cash just to make ends meet. Sending you love and hugs... ♥

And with that I need to get back to working here. Got 2 rooms decluttered. Working on some boxes of papers. I am glad to be giving up the volunteering because now I have no real need to store many files of stuff from those places that I thought I would need one day. One of the leaders worked the bingo kitchen last week because they are short of people, can't organize things and would rather close down the kitchen totally which of course would just turn away paying customers for bingo. Several in the crowd were complaining last week - they have done away with hamburgers and hot food and now they sell premade cold sandwiches which are rather yukky. And they charge extra for chips, extra for a cookie so soon they will be complaining they are losing money because people don't want to eat this cheap garbage and they don't allow outside food to be brought in. Anyway - the leader was very cool to me. Don't know what that's all about but I didn't appreciate it. Even after I went and fixed their cash register for them. Just another sign that I need to step away from things. Anyway I am trying to make some headway here at home but it seems like there is always something needing my attention so I just have to FOCUS.

Anyway - have a good week everyone.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:12 PM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Hey hey

Cindy my SILs surgery is July 15th.

Cs daughter had her baby. A girl. Maya Jo. 6lb 10oz. 20”. She is gorgeous. Born 4/25.

Love youse.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #36  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Maya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3438987A-7DFE-4107-9842-6D0A0B684A03.jpg (38.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #37  
Choose your hard

Awww - how cute is Maya with that fuzzy adorable baby hair! Congrats. She shares a birthday with Shad thus keeping that Worldly connection alive! Good to hear from you Annie.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:02 AM   #38  

Wishing Shad and Happy a belated Happy Birthday.

Sorry I missed them ladies. I swear I had them on repeat in my phone's calendar, but they are not.

Back later after I catch up on personals.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:32 PM   #39  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning ladies. This will be short since I am lying in bed (1:46am).
This was probably the best and worst birthday I have had. So let's see how it panned out. Wednesday before the big day I was sitting dozing in my chair when a voice boomed outside the front door - knock, knock. I thought it was DS2 and said come and the door opened and this little person came bouncing in. She raced across the room and jumped into my lap and gave me the biggest hug ever. It seems DS1 and family had taken a road trip up from Adelaide to Brisbane via the Royal Easter Show in Sydney. They spent some time in Sydney and drove on up to Brisbane to come to my birthday. Great to see them. So on the Thursday off we went to Anzac service and then to Ds2's favourite restaurant for lunch. All the usual suspects turned up including the nieces and niecelets and I got a nice haul of flowers and gifts and some really beautiful cards. I do love my family and friends. However the restaurant obviously wasn't catering for Anzac Day and the service was woeful. By 12:30 for and 11:00 start none of us had received food and I was beginning to feel extremely ill. Got home, went to bed and literally stayed there until Sunday apart from a trip to the doctor on Friday. Then I apparently did not obey instructions because the next thing that happened was that SOMETHING bit me on the ankle and I went back to her and got strips torn off me for wasting her time.
Okay the leg looks awful but appears to be on the improve. It looks horrible but not infected and will eventually recover. If this is 70, take me back to 50 please when I was strong and healthy. The family came out to say farewell beginning their long journey home and little missy had a great time in the garden showing her mother the roses and naming most of them correctly after learning them on Wednesday. She has probably gone back to school and is working on getting a rose garden there.😂. Anyway this tedious typing on the phone is way to much for an old pensioner like me and I need to try and get some sleep before another day of rest. Doctors orders - go home, stay there. Come and see me if you need.
So I'll be back. Hopefully with some photos later in the day.
Oh and by the way Happy, I am sure Ds2 thinks I am turning into your mother perhaps I need to have a word with her so I can be more frustrating.
And Annie do love that your wee one was born on my birthday. She should come over here, no perhaps go to NZ. Better politicians over there. She'll get a holiday for every birthday.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #40  

Afternoon all.

Susie – Did you get your closets switched over? I have to switch over some dresser drawers – swap out winter pj’s, turtlenecks, and thermal tops/bottoms for warm weather clothes. Though I do have to say that in our current office, in the fall/winter, the angle of the sun is lower and it blasts through the windows and gets really REALLY warm. So I didn’t wear turtlenecks or sweaters at all. And driving to/from the train meant I didn’t wear thermal layers either. As for the closets, I do have to make the switch. What I really need is for you to come help me purge my closet – you’re really good at that! Great job on the TOPS WL!

Happy – You sound really busy with life so no worries over not getting here. Sorry to hear about your problems with the temporary teeth! Have you at least lost a few pounds during all this?? That would at least be a positive… I’m sorry your birthday sucked. I never want a big deal made out of my birthday, even for the milestones, but it’s nice to be wished a happy birthday by our loved ones. I say you should get a do-over after all this dental stuff is over and done with!!! You are right about getting the foot surgery over and done with. I do find I’m resenting not being able to get outdoors and take a brisk walk or take the fitness classes I used to do. That’s horrible that the guy ruined his knee by not staying off his foot. I think I learned my lesson with that with the plantar fasciitis and this stress fracture… We are fortunate to still have our moms with us, even if we do a lot of commiserating over their elder-foibles. Yup, mom doesn’t use a cane or walker, but she’s the one who insists on pushing the shopping cart when I take her grocery shopping. But the PT who visited her told her she needs a walker so yay for that, my sister is reportedly working on that. Sounds like the bingo is headed to a bad place. I’m surprised the no hot food is a big deal, though if the sandwiches are crummy, that’s no good either.

Annie – Congrats to C and his daughter re her baby. Is this the first grandkid on his side?

Shad – What a wonderful surprise for your DS1 and fam to visit you on your bday! I’m sorry you got sick and got bit! But it sounds like you enjoyed having little miss S there.

Ceejay – How’s the food plan going? Did you get snow on Saturday like we did here? What crazy weather. One day I’m in the back yard enjoying the nice weather and admiring all my blooming daffodils and the next it’s snowing/slushing all day and night. Sigh.

==
My weekend was alright. Went to a Saturday morning library program about volunteering. Good to learn of an organization that works with many, many non profits and has a website that can help one find the type of activity that’s right for one's preferences. But for me, though, the more I thought about it, I feel like I need to get my act together and get the house and yard set to rights before I take on any volunteer work. We have a lot of projects that need to be done at home that have been put off way too long. I need to list everything I can think of, prioritize them, and get busy. Houses are such time and money sucks.

Saturday afternoon I had a hair appointment. I went home and was glad to be there because it was very snowy/slushy. The rest of the day was a mix of house stuff and slothfulness. I'm almost done watching the first season of “The Handmaid’s Tale”.

Sunday I took mom grocery shopping. In the afternoon, my friend B and I went on a wine-tasting walk in a neighborhood in the city not far from where I lived before we moved where we are now. It was fun, and I was glad that the sun was shining, all the snow from the day before was melted and it was warm enough to be out and about with just a light jacket. There are a couple wines I liked enough to perhaps buy a bottle or two.

Two department members are out of the office through Thursday, so it’s been quiet.

I finally scheduled my annual physical. My primary doc left that office, so I'm scheduled with another. The first one I was going to schedule with doesn't do the female exam/PAP (they said she has a hand injury and no longer does them?!?), so I selected another who does. I don't know if this is logical, but going through menopause, I feel like I don't want to go out and get a separate gyne doc again. Okay, so now that I think about it, even in menopause, I still need the gyne exams for cancer detection, etc. Duh. But I don't have any specific issues that warrant a specialist, so it'll just be more convenient to have the primary doc serve the purpose. Anyway...the appointment's in 3 weeks, so I guess I need to go on a quest to drop a few pounds before I have to step on the scale!!

Bf finally found a vehicle to buy to replace our SUV. It’s a 90 min drive from here, so I’m taking tomorrow off to go with bf and drive one car back home. I still had a half day of 2018 carried over vacation to use, so I’m going to use it, plus a half day of 2019 vacay. The boss will likely be unhappy about that, since he and the #2 are also out of the office and that just leaves the admin here, but oh well. This came up and I’m not of a mind to try and work around my work schedule. I’ll just check email and voicemail periodically to make sure nothing critical comes up.

Okay, off to post. Have a good rest of the day!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-30-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:15 AM   #41  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,
Major internet problems here. Been mostly down for the last 4 days. Very frustrating. Signal's getting weaker so just going to post that for now. I have to go get teeth glued back in..

Whoa on the leg Shad! Not sure it's old age as much as bad reaction. What a way to spend a birthday.

Going to post before I lose this. Phone isn't working any better either. I may have to take my laptop to the senior center just to use their internet soon.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Dealt with internet scammers Monday. Said they were with Microsoft. It was a major pain.
I'm trying to follow my food plan as close as I can. This week has not been good because of the stress with the scammers. But I'm getting back on board with things tomorrow. If it is not raining I'm going to go weigh in tomorrow.
Sis and bil came and got some things out of the garage so and afterwards I threw away some things that the kids left. They should have gotten them out before now.

Shad
So sorry about your health problems. Hope the bite doesn't turn out to be to bad.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #43  

Height: 5'7"

The work week flew by, and I'm still behind at work and at home. I never got to my closets last weekend as I was down sick on Sunday. All I remember was sleeping and reading. Monday, I worked and came right home and went to bed. I believe I was dealing with an allergies that left my throat and ears infected. I had been to the doctor 2 weeks ago for my qrtly blood work and she said I had a bit of a drainage in my throat and if something started bothering me to call and she would give me a Z-pack. I was starting to feel sluggish on Friday that week so I called and asked her to call me in something so I had it on hand. I took it on Sunday morning...if I can't get motivated to get up and get ready for church then I know something is going on. I felt much better Tuesday morning.

I didn't make it to TOPS on Thursday night. I have a friend and his family visiting this past week and they return back to Seattle WA on Tuesday morning. We had dinner with them Thursday night.

This week and next week will be crazy at work, we are getting ready for Innovation Reviews with the CEO next Monday and Tuesday (so that week will be crazy a bit too!) and of course al lthe regular work. My boss told me if I incurr overtime the next two weeks he is ok with it....well, I didn't tell him that I am not...I don't want to wear myself out or skip my workouts or have time to myself...So I have decided if I do have OT it will be no more than an hour each day; IF it is needed.

Anne: What a beautiful baby girl C and all of you have been blessed with. Did I read correctly that your sister-in-law's surgery is in July? How are you doing? You look very pretty and quite thin in the picutre you posted on FaceBook.

Ceejay: I am sorry to hear you had scammers to deal with. I just don't answer those calls and if I do, I hang up and don't say anythinng at all when I realize who they are. I hardly every answer my home phone; I have had a few scammer calls on my cell phone but nearly what I get on the home phone.

Happy: Did you find the issue with your internet problem? Did you get the teeth glued back in? What a process you are going through with those teeth!

Shad: I hope you are feeling bettter and on the mend. It is very nice that you had vistors on your birthday though.

Laura: As soon as I get my closet done (and I plan on that happening today) I will be over to get yours done!

I need to get a move on ladies. I decided to stay home from church this morning and get things done...I am more energtic in the morning and so I will go to evening service tonight.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:23 AM   #44  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

HI all,
Sorry to be missing again but that leg I told you about went bad and I ended up with Cellulitis. I got an appointment with my GP who took one look and said "don't sit, you - Logan Hospital - now. Okay. So I spent my afternoon at the A & E and it was touch and go as to whether they admitted me or not. However I did get to go home. I rung the DS2 and asked him to go feed the cat and put him outside etc., and he read me a lecture about doing things. My friend and ex neighbour had already done the same. Anyway I am at home and I get what is known over here as 'hospital@home: This is where I am technically a patient at the local hospital but I am at home and every day a couple of nurses come out to check the leg, administer the drugs and take my vitals. It's great because I get to be at home with all my own stuff around me. Of course I have to obey the rules about being home for visiting and doing the things I am told to do. The leg is slowly improving and I think the visits will cease in a couple of days. Hopefully this will be the end of my woeful health problems for a while.
My brother turned 72 on Friday. I was going down to see him - he lives on the Gold Coast about 3/4 hour away but because of the above, I didn't get down to see him. I had planned on today, but I wasn't sure I could make it so he will have to wait for his present.

Happy - we've been having internet problems here too. Slips in and out and sometimes does some strange things. Hope the teeth are settling down now - you sure are going through some rotten times with them, but hopefully it will all be done soon and you will be able to forget the pain and smile happily.

Ceejay - those scammers are a pain in the proverbial. They are really annoying. Good on you for dealing with them. Generally when they call here, they get a mouthful of rude language and a dial tone or a computer shut down to get rid of them. Still surprises me how many people still fall for the scams though.

Laura - hope you get through the physicals okay. Pain when you have to find new doctors.

Annie - are you still snuggling with that beautiful child?

And with that I smell that my tea is about ready. Roasted Greek seasoned lamb and veges. Yum.. Also the cat has just informed me that he is STARVING TO DEATH - yeah right with a gut like that I should put him on the treadmill. Till next time.

Last edited by Shad; 05-06-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #45  

Hello all. Quiet here this week.

I had an alright week. Busy at work. Had one of the quarterly performance talks with the boss. It went surprisingly well considering I had bad news to report that impacts our budget. But he reacted reasonably.

I re-upped with the park district fc on Wednesday, but only paid for one month. I worked out and did a short cardio workout – a few minutes on the stair machine, a few more on the elliptical, and finished with the stationary bike. Total of about 25 min. Why do I stop when I know I’ll be faced with starting all over at the bottom??!! Afterwards I did some mat work – pushups, a plank and some upper and lower ab work. My abs are still sore today… I gave myself the night off last night.

BF prepared mahi for dinner last night and it was too spicy (that’s saying something!) and heavy on the thyme for me so I opted not to eat it and that didn’t go over well. I prefer simpler preparations for fish at home, but he likes to fancy it up with spices, etc. Maybe there’s a compromise - maybe if I find recipes for some sort of sauce or other topping that can be added separately? And he tends to end up pan-frying it, and I just don’t like the lingering smells. It wasn’t a fishy smell, it was the smell of the seasoning and the fried food smell. I just don’t like it. At those times, I’m so happy to have a kitchen that can be closed off from the rest of the house and not an open floor plan.

I have my annual physical on the 22. I will ask for another orthopedic surgeon recommendation and then choose him or the last one I saw to do the surgery to fix my foot’s stress fracture . I also want to ask what to do about this sciatic issue (or whatever it is) – I don’t know if it’ll be a referral to a chiro or a PT for exercises…Every once in a while I use my foam roller on the area, but not consistently.

Nothing much else to report. I hope you all have a good weekend and if you’re celebrating Mother’s Day, I hope it’s a nice time. Happy Mother’s Day to all. My sister & BIL and my SIL and her sister and bf and I are going out for lunch on Sunday with my mom and bf’s mom. I have a feeling it’ll be a mob scene, but so be it. Otherwise I hope to get outdoors for more yard work.

Back this weekend for personals. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 05-10-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Closed Thread