Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #61  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Bunnies, Bunnies and it's not even Easter

Seems that even teel is having a good sleep today so I'm going to come into the site this morning and give you all a surprise.

Since I seem to be the Happy Bunny round the site - here's another one for you to laugh over
Old 09-23-2003, 07:01 PM   #62  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

So Shad's a happy bunny huh? Up early too I see from your quick response to DH's email - thank you by the way for saving me hours of hunting on the Internet for flower names. Told DH to MARK THEM DOWN when he's taking pictures. But Noooooooooooo. He kept asking me what's this, what's this? Like I know. So I said to ask you since you were quite knowledgeable at the botanical gardens, quite amazing in fact.

Anyway, back to the bunny. Ummm we know what bunnies are famous for - the thing that makes little bunnies. Sorry, I couldn't resist but I do understand your enthusiam. In fact, I'm so inspired by your success that I'm going down on the treadmill for a bit while the chicken is baking in the oven (smells WONDERFUL too).
Old 09-23-2003, 07:56 PM   #63  

Good morning to the south.....it's 00:35 and a tad chilly in the study...hang on whilst I fetch a dressing gown...brrrrrrr..that might be better but it doesn't reach my feet
And so here I am again I have again had trouble connecting to my isp....perhaps it thinks it only has to work in the middle of the night heee hee!Next time it goes on strike during the day I shall give it a public flogging.. and send my big brother in to sort it out....not that he is much more I.T. minded than me, but he IS my big brother...rather a long way to come from Rotorura
So you may well ask, why is this English maiden up when she needs her beauty sleep... another hypo has snuck up and hit me over the head and I am sitting here having had some low fat but added cane sugar rhubarb yoghurt and 2 x penguin bars and I hope said blood sugar level will rise from 3.7. I am lost with this diabetes at the moment, having to counteract hypos in the early hours by eating is not helping my cause...
Anyway, what is all this about bunnies?Have I missed a big storyline here somewhere along the way?Or am I just being dumb...are you sure you don't need more time to think about it? You can change your answer you know......

Have a good day, hope to be back later....MUCH LATER!!!

love from Teel xx
Old 09-24-2003, 02:00 AM   #64  

Teel, you aint a dumb bunny by any means. I'm a happy bunny because I lost weight last week while I was away in Toowoomba. It's the first time I have done it while being away. I posted it in my journal (that I was a happy bunny) and now they (the ubiquitous they) seem to think the I am a bunny and not a chickie. So Mooz and happy among others are being funny about it - slinging off we call it down here!
Finished class early today, so will hightail it down to walk on the Strand tonight beside the beach. It's a lovely spot down there provided there are not too many people around.
So good night to you all and I'm chanting a mantra to bring back Shaker and Annie to our wee group. They must be busy.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:40 AM   #65  

Ooooh a quick chilly hello....no not the frosty type more a Brrrrrrrrr. It has definately gone much colder here but the sky is blue and I have a feeling that actually it is warmer out than in!!But I haven't got that far this morning...
I have been messing about on becoming more furious by the second 'cos ALL MORNING...well 2 hours, I kept logging in and kept being told CANNOT FIND SERVER!!! I keep telling it I DON'T WANT A COFFEE AT THE MOMENT, THANK YOU! and eventually it gave up and decided to be co-operative. I nearly fell off the chair!!
Thanks for the explanation of the bunny/chickie saga....I have read your journal but that saga didn't fit in my brain....either that or it got lost! Any way, Shad m'dear, you come here and stay and be a chick with me!!!!!!And thus my morning has gone by and I think it is time for lunch....hot soup sounds about right......
Old 09-24-2003, 07:37 PM   #66  

What! No-one in this evening?
Yes I know it is 00:21 but I had a rather long, late sleep earlier and I think if I go to bed too soon I will soon get stressed out 'cos I am not asleep and then I will turn into mrs. Grumpy and you know what that's like!!
I received a copy of the emp report today.Nothing special...could hardly read his writing at the beginning of the report and it was far worse at the end.....proves he is a proper doctor though,I think most of the medical fraternity go to "appalling writing" school!!! He got a few things the wrong way round...like my date of birth!!!!!He has made me 6 months older, born in the middle of January rather than June.....crumbs, I feel old before my time already, without him helping by putting it down on paper!!!
I am not going to talk about eating today, suffice to say that I am starting again tomorrow...or today, as it now happens to be.....are you confused yet?
I think you are all hiding because it has been SO quiet on this thread for a few days....Shad , Happy and I seem to have the place to ourselves. Please come and visit, all ye lurkers.....I haven't bitten anyone for quite a long time now (the medication must be working!!!)
Oh well, I ought to write my journal entry....or shall I leave that for tomorrow/today.....er....later
Oh well, that is all for now, I hope everyone is
love from Teel xx
Old 09-24-2003, 08:16 PM   #67  

Hellooooo. I am here, but am busy at work with the 64000 questions kids. These guys want to know it all, now!!!!!!
Still I would rather have it that way than the apathetic classes I have had previously.
Seems like your sleeping patterns are settling into a sort of pattern, maybe you are doomed to be afternoon person.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:27 AM   #68  
Choose your hard

Hey Chickies,
Shad it's good to hear that you have an interested class, even if it keeps you hopping. Good thing you're in bunny mode right now. Sounds like you are a whirlwind of activity and are still getting in your exercise and watching your food. Yay for you!!!
Are you going to be travelling alot in the next few weeks? Isn't it about time to think about your spring garden at home or do you mostly have it already set and stocked with perennials? How is Simon doing on the house renovations?

Teel, Shad may be right about you switching to be an afternoon person. Especially if you tire during the day and cat nap - perhaps your sleeps will be stretched out during the day instead of one long period at night. Everyone is different and we all don't fit the norm. I think you wake yourself up more worrying about it. Just see what the body does naturally for a while. I know if left to my own desires, I would have a very strange wake up and sleep pattern, but I must fit into the working world which doesn't let me do what I please.

I am doing a bit better at things lately, although I can't spend much time here I'm afraid. I can't post during the day and the nights just seem to fly by. It's already almost 11:30pm. I did not get my walking in tonight, will have to squeeze it in during my lunch break tomorrow as Thursday night is the one evening I allow myself to watch the television. Friday night all the girl cousins are getting together for dinner at this Italian restaurant famous for good food and huge portions - though I think we will share with each other. We are a loony bunch and there will be lots of laughing and giggling. I am really looking forward to it. Since the nights are getting quite long now - it gets dark by 7pm, DH will have to be my chauffeur and take me to the restaurant and pick me up since it's a 40 minute drive and I don't drive at night anymore - too hard for me to see. But he says he doesn't mind and I appreciate that.

I made a pot of minnestone soup for supper tonight. Left it to simmer on the stove and went to work on the computer for a while. Came back to stir it in 30 minutes and I had put too much pasta in the soup which absorbed all the liquid and no more soup! DH wrinkled his nose at it so he got frozen lasagna. I ate it anyway with a small salad. Tasted ok to me! The temperatures are slowly dropping a few degrees each day and hearty warm soups are becoming quite appealing again. Just have to watch the salt.

Have a good Thursday all. Hope to hear from EVERYONE soon. It is getting quite quiet around here recently...
Old 09-25-2003, 04:06 PM   #69  

Happy, I think dh is just being a fuss-pot! Your soup/stew sounds srummy especially as the evenings are suddenly quite chilly. We are still having lovely sunny days though so can't complain!!!! I hope you have a super time on Friday evening with "the girls"..it can be great all getting together and sharing old memories over yummy Italian food..(and waiters) not to forget the wine... I look forward to reading all about those deserts....mmmmn!
Shad good to hear your students are keeping you in line and up to date on your teaching...anything has got to be an improvement on Mr. mind-the-lamp-post from previous experiences.

Well, the news we have all been awaiting... the date of my tribunal (provisionally) is......november 20th . The compaint from my social worker is being taken seriously but it hasn't delayed the date...that's the earliest it can be done.
Excuse me whilst I have a long paddy and cry my eyes out (again). I read the copy of the report today and noted a few mistakes....I was born six months later that they seem to think, and I am appealing for renewal of an entirely different benefit to what they have put on a letter to my s/w. Heaven help us. Heaven help us all if one day these guys have to make a really big, life decision. I think I will be first in the queue to get off the planet.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #70  

Tried to get onto the 'net with my computer when I got in last night however it let me in once and then for some reason it decided that my POP3 server was wrong and my mail box address was wrong etc etc etc. So I thought I would shift over to Simons computer and his said the same thing. I decided to do a defrag on my machine which took hours and then nothing wanted to work right so it looks like it's being a very cranky FRED and Simons is being an ALFRED. I'll get it sorted over the weekend - or drive myself batty in the attempt. Computers - gotta love em.

Simon is carrying on in the bathroom. Boy have we learned heaps with this. Water has a wonderful habit of sneaking around and the leak is not necessarily coming from where it appears to be. Illusionists have nothing on water - or is that where they get their ideas from. However he has started on the floor and the first of the tiles are laid there. I have to organise a plumber to change the pipes around for the new vanity and I have a shopping list of things to get for him. It will get finished eventually and now he is thinking of the kitchen. I should be broke when he is finished!
Glad to hear you are having a girls night out Happy. Good for DH driving you to drink! Well sort of!
Teel the tribunal date will give you time to sort out your defences. A good lawyer would make mincemeat of the prosecutions case with all those errors in it. Pity you are not over here, we could go to the local Current Affairs program on channel 7 and get them to take up cudgels on your behalf and for free - all you would have to do is get emotional on the telly. I hope the S/W's case against the Dr helps. It should.

Okay, best go and find something to do with my day.

Weigh in day tomorrow. It won't be as good as last week, but a no loss/no gain would be a fair result I think.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:15 AM   #71  

Good day to everyone as I expect you are speeding down the final straight to your weekend, Shad whereas poor Happy has got several hours to go., but then we wwill have got to Monday morning and the USA will still be enjoying themselves, I hope!!
I am meeting my support worker at noon today, Boo.I want to do a bit of shopping in town and I might sneak over to the Boots plc scales to see what they are up to. So I had better shoot off now and you never know, I just may have some more interesting news for you later...before you all fall over bored stiff.....
I liked your idea, Shad of going live on t.v. with this daft lot called the dss. It wouldn't take me any encouragement to get over-emotional....I tend to do it all the time!! We do have similiar couple of programmes over here and I have thought about writing up to them, but something tells me I hag better not do that until I have been re-awarded my d.l.a. and every penny they owe me since May 2003.I still reckon I would have to keep anomynous on the programme 'cos I have several more years of dss vs Monk to come. Heaven help me. And Paul and Judy.

bye for now chicks, keep warm over this side, and no sunburn on the other!!
Old 09-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #72  

Managed to get back into my computer this morning. My email is still not up and running yet but I can get to the net and therefore to my mail by the back door method. Appears it wasn't my fault at all but the ISP had a breakdown in a server farm somewhere. Not sure what the story with the mail is, but rest assured I will find out.
I seem to have developed a bit of a cold in the nose! Drat it. Not going to develop into much I don't think, but it is playing **** with the sinus' and the back of the throat at the moment. I'll have to sweat it out during today I guess.
My work schedule is about to go out the window again. I was due to be back in Toowoomba this week, but that is cancelled and I am now in Brisbane for the week. Then I was due to be in Cairns for a fortnight and that got changed to a month. Now it doesn't appear to be happening at all. I suspect that they are about to delay the changeover in Queensland because of the mess they have in New South Wales. They went far too far far too fast, if you know what I mean. I think we will be going back into NSW for remedial training - oh no not Sydney again!!!! Well I could have (and actually did) tell them that it was not going to work properly because they did not lay the foundations. That was about the time that we were running out of budget for the year and too many corners were cut.
So lets just wait and see what comes out of it.
Okay, time to catch up on the journals, and get on with the many and varied jobs of the day.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:16 PM   #73  

Brrrrrr I declare it Autumn!

Well yesterday I wrote a long post and it disappeared into thin air and I can't remember what I wrote except for a few things..
Shad I'm sorry you have a "cod id da doze" but you are in good company as my parents have had it for a fortnight and a friend of mine for a week!!(I have banned the parents from visiting till they are fit again!!).
For once the excitement was not centred around my house yesterday...my neighbour thought she had one of these everlasting colds coming during the week, and unusually for her, she took a couple of days off sick..when I saw her on Thursday she had chest pain, abdominal pain, headache, loss of appetite and goodness knows what else. She phoned me yesterday evening and the conversation went something like this..."...went to the doctors....amazing they had one appointment left...was feeling a tad better but thought mmmmn better go, so I went. And
doctor did blood pressure...what was it?Oh about 180/130.. and pulse ...er....170 ish!!!WHAT!!!!! So he sent me for an e.c.g. and after reading it, declared I was in atrial fibrilation... ". So my poor neighbour is off sick with a potentially fatal heart condition that she knew nothing about until yesterday, taking aspirin and a huge dose of Digoxin with orders to go and see dr. again next week.Oh my Looking back of course, she realises that she has been feeling "off" for a few months at different times but of course dismissed it as being overtired, overworked as a nurse and stressed out with life in general. I feel for her 'cos I remember only too well how I felt...ooh nearly two years ago now and indeed, my neighbours last comment as I went out the door was "I really do know you feel now!Completely and utterly wiped out."
I rather think some flowers ought to help her feel a bit of pleasure after the weekend....either that or a relaxation method tape.....how about a pot of bubbles?
Old 09-27-2003, 06:02 PM   #74  

Strewth, Teel. That's not the neighbour I met is it? The one who dried my washing for me. Goodness me. What is it with the neighbourhood - where you live?
Pot of bubbles? No, I think a bottle of bubbles is what you should be sinking old girl!
My computer is so slow today - well on this site anyway. I am typing away here and all of Teels smilies have not yet been returned to the page. Just a load of blank spots where they will eventually be. Hope the final result does not result in me losing this post!!!!!!
Dog is lying here beside me sulking. He is expecting his walk. However I am going to take him to the markets with me. He will get his walk on a lead and behave like a gentleman. He has developed a couple of funny little habits recently. He seems to think that his age should allow him some leeway - like I found him in the middle of my bed yesterday! He has been sneaking onto the futon on the lounge as well. (Leaves black fur all over the place thats how I know) because the cat is nicking his bean bag. He will not tangle with the cat. The other dog may have, but not this one. The other dog was a lot sillier as well. Cat always wins!
So off we go to market to learn how to behave on lead again.
Most of my cold seems to have disappeared again and I am left with the perennial sinus'. Tried taking them to Arizona. Didn't work!
Okay, I'm off and believe it or not Teels smilies have now all appeared and I have not lost the post. Computers are such fun, although I suspect this time it is not the computer it is my ISP.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #75  
Choose your hard

Forgive me ladies, for this will be a glum post...
Got word of a sudden conference call at work yesterday - highly unusual. Well, business is down and they are implementing cost cutting measures. Among them is layoffs. Our team was spared at the last minute although originally they were going to have to cut 2 positions. And I can't help believe that one of them might have been mine. That has really got me worried all over again. It was so very hard the last time I got laid off trying to get a job again. I am 49. And while I have always got excellent performance reviews and high praise, I am old in the eyes of the people looking to hire additional staff. That is IF you can find companies hiring. It's been 5 long years that our economy has been horrible. I still know people out of work for over a year. I know I shouldn't worry about what MIGHT be, but I can't help it. DH too is worried about his job. It really makes us worry what is to become of the future. Financially we are in a bit of a better position than the last time I lost my job - we have paid off most of our bills and have a tiny bit set aside for a rainy day - but not much. Not enough to fund one of us being unemployed for a year or more. And then there is that fear of being old, overweight, useless in the eyes of people judging you without knowing anything about you as a person.

I had a very nice dinner with my cousins last night. My cousin gave me a ride to her home afterwards and DH picked me up from there. As I was visiting with my aunt, something felt itchy on my head. I brushed my hair and instantly felt a burning in my hand. I thought I had burnt myself with a ciggie when I realized the ciggie was in the other hand. Something fell to the floor and it was a giant bee that somehow in the dead of night had decided to rest on my head. It stung me as I brushed my head. My cousin promptly stomped it but the damage was done. I have antihistamines in my purse and took one right away. It hurt for about 30 minutes and then subsided.

The last few weeks have been just one downer after another. FIL's death, the tensions with the family over the estate, the expense of our trip for the funeral, our sewer pipe breaking and that expense, a bee sting and now the possibility that my job might be on the line. It has also been a challenge leading this rag tag bunch of team mates on my class project where I am doing most of the work and the thinking. I have tried to stay positive, after all some are worse off than me and you must accept that life is not a bowl of cherries and sunshine everyday, but I am getting a growing feeling of doom that the rest of this year is not going to be very good. I want to grab on to every spare penny we have - just in case. DH is talking about fixing up the house - replacing the worn carpeting, replacing the furniture, painting and redecorating upstairs and downstairs. My first instinct is to tell him (and I did) PLEASE, let's finish the existing projects you started. It's getting cold out at night, the windows in the guest room still have not been stripped and painted and they need to be put back in very soon. No work was done on the bathroom since you left Shad.

I am just getting into a very fretful mood... and that makes me worried and tired and crabby which means DH & I might be having some heated discussions. So I figured I would come here and vent my feelings so that I can get over it and decide on a positive action plan. Thanks for listening and sorry to be selfish today.

Shad, tis that time of year when my allegies act up and so do the sinus. As you found, Arizona did not clear up the nose as it should. I hear the people moving there from other states are bringing their plants and such and ruining the ecosystem that once provided the clean, allergen free air that once was there. Sounds like the dog is feeling his age and looking for soft places to rest those achy bones. Our cat was the same way the last few years of her life. She'd snuggle up on our bed and curl herself around my feather pillows - then I was supposed to sleep in a pillow full of cat hair - allergic as I was to cats. I also set her a very soft blanket by the heat register which she liked to curl up in, stay warm and snooze, except for the daily cat hair dump on my pillow!

Teel, that is horrid about your neighbor. Thank goodness they found the condition before it got too severe. A scary thing. Makes you realize too how we brush off warning signs, never thinking they mean anything much. I think you both could use a nice massage, pot of bubbles and a glass or two of the bubbly.

Well, like it or not, I have to get back to the schoolbooks again for a bit tonight - can't leave everything to tommorow. Enjoy your Sunday...
Closed Thread