Old 01-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies,

It is about time for me to leave work. I made it through the 1st day back!

Shad: I'm glad to hear that you finally got some rain and hopefully it cooled things off for a bit.

I am astonished that you are doing dry wall repair. I'm not handy like that. Where did you learn to do all these things?

Ceejay: How was the gym after lunch today?

Happy: I think before and after pictures are a great idea for the "cleanup" projects...heck they make TV shows like that with houses right?!

How is Meadow doing? Thanks for the info on the Instant Pot. I will check out the Facebook page and it's niche to know I have a in-house expert at my fingertips!

Annie: I'm so glad you get into the liver doctor earlier. I agree with what Happy had to say about working it out to get the meds. Is that the cost before insurance or after?

Also congratulations on becoming a AA Intergroup Rep!

The WL challenge you have set up with the lady from work sounds like it will be very motivating!

Laura: I agree that is feels good to move and I'm glad you have got those classes lined up. I has laughing when I read what you wrote about your mom's pressure cooker and how she disposed of it! I kept thinking about how she didn't want to get rid things when you were moving but was motivated to get rid of the old pressure cooker!

Ok..I'm out the door. Got to hit that bike when I get home for 30 min. Have a nice evening everyone.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

SOoooooo this morning I woke up with not God on my mind but that song by WHAM. Wake me up before you go go, don't leave me hanging like a yo yo. Then when I got to work and went to the toitie the radio in the bathroom was...Hey baby take a walk on the wild side do ta do ta do ta do....now that one is stuck in my head. God has a way from delivering us from our own problems and mind. ha.

First day of eating healthier, better portions yesterday went just OK. I ate healthier, no popcorn, no pretzels as a snack last night HOWEVER I ate way too much of healthy stuff. To much veggies, cheese things like that. I think my mind and body said OH MY GOODNESS you are trying to lose weight and was fighting me. I know, at least it was healthy food but WAY too much. Good news I was the same on the scale this morning, before my toitie visit. Today is a new day and I WILL get better at this. I did forget my lunch tho. There is a subway right outside our building. I will get a veggie salad for lunch. Was going to boil me some eggs this morning too and didn't get around to it. I have to take care of Sassy each morning as she is on an antibiotic for bacteria in her urine. Like a bladder infection or UTI or something. I am getting better at giving her meds to her and her not spitting it back out. Have about 7 more days of that. The only way we knew she had an issue was she was piddling in the house which she has NEVER done without being provoked i.e. talking to her when we first get home is a no no. lol.

SUSIE...I don't know if my insurance will cover the cost or not on the meds, however I have not met my deductible this year at all, even if they did cover it, I would have to pay 5000K right off the bat. Like I said, I might die from this.

HAPPY...Sounds like melatonin may be an option for you to get some sleep. Just remember to take it early enough in the evening that you do not sleep till noon or are groggy the next day. I am suffering from groggy today as I took my gabapentin at 8:00 instead of 6:00pm last night. I will be yawning all day long now. bleh. The number that keeps bothering you on your phone. Click once on it, then click the arrow to the right, scroll down there is an option to block that caller. At least on my IPhone there is. WOW 40 years of marriage on March 5. That is a LONGGGGGGGGG time with the same person. IF my x and I had made it we would of celebrated 34 years in August. So instead C and I will be celebrating 4 years on April 17. Seems like 400 some days. OH how is Meadow? Did she do well at the vet? Everything ok?

LAURA...I love your movie reviews. I truly use them when deciding on a movie to watch. We have similar tastes in movies, I do believe. That is good your momma disposed of the cooker "in a super secretive way", how cute is that? WTG Momma. Now you need to dispose of some of her "stuff" in a super secretive way. haha. Way to go on the registration of Pilates. Good on you! Come on LAURA, we (me and the gal from work) are challenging you to get your sh*t hot and lose by cruise time. Oh a nice title for your challenge "Lose by Cruise" time.

Hello to SHADDIE, hope you are not smeltering in that heat. That is way to warm even for me.

Make it a great hump day all.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good frosty morning ladies,

Negative 2 degrees (F) outside this morning. We're going to freeze the next 4 days that's for sure. I don't have too much I need to go out for thank goodness. Dentist appointment shortly to glue in the permanent cap on my tooth. Bingo tomorrow and that's about it. I can stay in and clean.

Meadow seems to be doing fine, thank you for asking. She came home super hungry and thirsty. We gave her some food based treats - tuna water and her absolute favorite - watered down sauce from chicken pot pie and she gobbled it up. Didn't barf it back either which we were most happy about. She did take my bed last night but I let her rest. I was cozy with the recliner except I did not get enough sleep - went to bed too late and woke up at 5am with a rumbling tummy. I'll be yawning with Annie today.

Annie - I will take Wham running through my head over take a walk on the wild side - never cared for that song so of course that's the one that will stick. It's very easy to beat ourselves up when we try to change. For the next few days as you transition your eating, don't focus on perfect, focus on the good choices that you made. I am not full on the diet until next week but I am doing mindful eating. And I am taking a minute to enjoy the things I'm eating now that I will be cutting back or eliminating next week - like my "dessert in a cup" sweetened coffee. DH bought me an air popper popcorn machine. It works pretty good. I have to believe that if one eats it that way without butter or fatty seasonings, that's not too unhealthy. But then again plain air popped popcorn is a bit like styrofoam, just smells better! Yes, 40 years married is a LONG time. It's actually 45 years together since we dated for 5 years before I forced him to make up his mind and commit Hah - I get it when you said that you and C sometimes feel like 400 years together. I guess the honeymoon eventually fades no matter when you take the plunge! Sometimes I watch a movie and long for a few moments of that early romanticism, then I realize how much work it was and am happy for what I have.

DH and I still have sparks - yesterday I went to go touch him as I passed by and a lightning bolt of static electricity passed and I gave him a good one! It's very dry in the house - I can no longer pet the cats without darn near electrocuting them. Starting to get itchy skin from the hot tub chemicals and dry skin too.

Congrats Annie on your new role as an ambassador. I think it will be a good thing. I know you can contribute useful things, I hope some good comes back to you as well.

Laura - I am still giggling a bit over your Mom's covert disposal of her pressure cooker. Especially when we have 2 of them sitting on the floor at the thrift shop right now. Sad times we live in that a pot is no longer a pot.

Saw a trailer for a new movie - A Dog's Purpose coming out January 27. Looks like a heartwarmer. And a tear jerker. We are planning on seeing it.

Susie - I'm no expert on the Instant Pot but will help if I can with suggestions or where to look things up.

Time for me to get ready. Have a good day ladies. Stay warm or cool in Shad's case. Did the rain do any good?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #19  

Morning all.

Happy
Glad to hear that Meadow is doing fine. == Not a huge fan of plain air popped popcorn. Iíve gotten way too fond of bfís version, which is the old school kind popped in oil, but he also puts butter in the pot as well. And makes a giant bowl of it. So itís probably been a good thing he canít eat the popcorn with his braces and therefore weíve both eaten less of it. == I saw an ad for that movie ďA Dogís PurposeĒ and I just know itíll probably be a tearjerker...dunno if I can handle that. When we saw "Marley and Me" we (bf, his mom & me) were all bawling at the end - along with the rest of the theater.

Annie
LOL re the WHAM song and the other one. I suppose thatís better than letting all the worries take over our mind. Love love LOVE cheese, but yes, too much is not a good thing. I like the name of my challenge - Lose by Cruise. Thank you, I need to post that in front of me to keep me focused!!

Susie
Glad you made it through the first day back after your holiday break. Did you get your 30 min. on the bike last night?

Hellos to Shad & Ceejay.
==
Cold here today and for the rest of the week. Oh well, January in ChicagoÖ

A small department of 4 people adjacent to our group is moving to another floor today and so the boss decided he wants the admin and I to move to two of the cubes vacated by them. These cubes are right outside the bossís office. Oh joy. Oh well, Iíll get over it.

Nothing much to report. Tonight is Pilates. The instructor for the Wednesday class is more leisurely than the Monday night one, and the class is definitely less rigorous, but at least itís something.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. We have snow in the forcast tomorrow. I hope we dont have to cancel TOPS due to it. It is the 1st meeting of the New Year and I dont want to cancel it.

I got my workout in after work last night and tonight as well.

I have a 7 am meeting so I am going to bed so I can get up, ready and on the road by 5:30 am I dont want to be late and it can take me about and hour to get to work sometimes and if it snows then it could slow things down.

I will do personals tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

What a slippery cold ride to work. Oh how I want to be retired. Sadly, I do not see it in my near future or even future at all. SHould of married for money, cept I really didn't date anyone with money. LOL. Yesterday's mail was just lovely. Cs house payment went up by 10 bucks a month and mine by 5 bucks. Mine was escrow related that can be taken care of by making the shortage payment, but wouldn't that mean that it will be short next year also? Home owners insurance went up by 8 bucks a month. Cs was because his interest rate went up a smidge. He is on an ARM and dang if I cannot get him to lock in. I am afraid with the new president it is only going to get worse. I know, cry me a river. May have to go back to work at CVS evenings and weekends. Not in this life...well maybe

Geez I do so well all day long on eating better and less then when I get home it is an eating frenzy. We ordered cheese pizza and breadsticks. I ate one bread stick and one piece of pizza, not too awful bad. Then I had pretzels and some brie cheese. WTHeck is wrong with me. I am still at 189. That won't be for long if I keep this crazy stuff up. I need a kick in the arse.

SUSIE...hope TOPS doesn't get cancelled. We woke up to snow. The worst of it was south of Indy. Most major streets were clear, just the side roads were bad. Of course the other drivers were awful. Good on you for getting the workout in, keep up the good start!

LAURA...Our weather is just cold also. Not supposed to have any relief until Monday. Come on Monday. Moving closer to the boss. Is that so he can micromanage you better? Or just be nosy as to what you are doing? Or just keeping it all together, warm and cozy? A mild pilates class might be a great way to start back.

HAPPY...Glad to hear Meadow is doing ok. Nice of you to share your bed. I am like Laura, not a fan of air popcorn, unless I butter spray it and salt it. Kind of defeats the purpose of eating healthier. We saw previews of "A Dog's Purpose", at least the dogs come back reincarnated as different dogs and different owners. Don't really die so to speak. Did you get your permanent crown attached? How does it feel in your mouth? Nice fit? Oh the sparks, we have that also. All of us, and Royce says when I shock him, NANNA, dat's not berry nice. lol.

Hello to the rest of ya's.

Hugs and stay warm, or cool, whatever you need.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #22  

Morning all.

Annie
Oh yes, it sure would be nice to be sleeping in on cold days like this. Then get up and have a leisurely cup of hot tea. Oh well. That can only be on Sunday this week - early-ish hair appointment on Saturday. == I always hated when the mortgage amount would change because of the escrow recalculation. At some point I got the bank to do away with the escrow and now the mortgage doesnít change. But it doesnít mean the homeowners insurance doesnít go up... == Yikes, I wouldnít want to have an ARM right now. == Hereís your Hope today's a better eating day for you. == Re moving our cubes close to the boss - yes, the boss claimed weíd now be all together ďas a groupĒ, but Iím sure itís also so he can be nosy as to what weíre doing.

Susie
Hope you got to work safely today and that your TOPS meeting isnít cancelled. Yay for getting in the workout!! YGG!

Hellos to the rest of you!!!

==

Bf bought us both some wireless bluetooth headphones on Amazon. So far, theyíre great. Hope I donít destroy them any time soon.

Pilates class was good last night. Before I left the house, I (jokingly) asked bf if he wanted to go with me and he said there probably werenít many men in those classes. Turns out when I walked into class there were 3 women and 3 men Ė I was surprised. My last class was a lot larger class and had only two men.

I did a Body Electric workout on Monday and Pilates yesterday. Gonna try for another work out after work this week to make it three.

Thatís about it, so Iíll get this posted and then get busy with compiling my input for the December monthly report. Bleh.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #23  
Choose your hard

Hi there ladies,

Went to bed last night - cold. Woke up this morning - still cold. How about that? It's barely above zero but we have some filtered sunshine peeking in. I am not planning on going out until Bingo tonight. It's nice being able to stay in but then again, I find the more I stay in, the lazier I get about things. Momma once said that she was far more productive when she was working because she had just a tiny window of time to get things done. Although she didn't get everything she wanted to done. Then once she retired when she was home all the time, she'd look at something and say - oh well I can do this tomorrow and put it off. Before you know it, more time was spent putting things off than getting things done. I find that to be the case also. My initial fire of enthusiasm for the new year has also petered out. Sure doesn't take long I do keep pushing myself but I really struggle with the exercise. Yesterday I made a hodge podge minnestrone soup with things I wanted to use up. Put lots of vegetables in it - grated carrots will actually thicken a soup as it cooks down. Not so sure they really "sweeten" it much. I put ground beef in it but it seemed to need something else so DH went out to the store and got some smoked sausage as well as a nice loaf of fresh parmesan sourdough bread from the bakery. Nice meal for a chilly cold day. That was our big meal of the day around 3pm. Around 9pm I got pretty hungry - I need to eat more balanced meals throughout the day instead of once a day. Kept thinking I was hungry but didn't really have anything that would satisfy me so I wound up popping a handful of fresh pomegranate seeds in my mouth and I made a cup of Sleepy Time green tea and chased it down with a melatonin. I LOVE fresh pomegranate seeds - tried some of the POM pomegranate juice but it's not the same - sort of a watered down version of it but at least it has no sugar. This is probably going to be my biggest struggle - I need to plan more and eat on a regular cycle so that I don't run off the rails in the evening (not enough food during the day) or get ravenous around 2pm because I haven't eaten anything since the day before. You're a big girl Happy, this isn't the hardest problem in the world to deal with.

I do feel out of sorts a bit. Kind of tired of the b.s. at the thrift shop - was looking around Tuesday - shop looks the same since we opened the new location 3 years ago. Too much fancy glassware in the front of the store that doesn't sell. People have commented that they look in the front window and tend to skip the store because they thought we were a gift shop. I have tried unsuccessfully to revamp the store based on the types of items we are selling but I get push back because one old bat who has been there for 15 years likes to run the show. IT LOOKS NICE. She also hates me so anything I suggest she automatically takes the opposite approach. We also have 25 percent of the upper floor as a children's section. It's getting super cluttered on the floor - think tripping hazard with lots of toys on the floor which actually prevent people from getting to the shelves to look. And the thing is, we sell VERY LITTLE from the kid's section. It's nice looking but it takes up a bunch of space and brings in no money which is retail death. I would like to swap that area out with the boutique which is about 12 percent of overall sales and very steady and consistent. Old bat will fight me "but it's so nice to have a play area for the children..." well are we running a daycare or a STORE???? Anyway, it's very frustrating. The best thing is to just turn away or walk away. In doing so I would also leave the one person who puts up with alot of crap - our pseudo manager - in the dust. He'd like to leave to but he says if he does things will fall apart and he's right. So I have teamed up with him as a show of support. Our sales are down and everyone just shrugs and says it's down for all retail in the area. I do have one ally who retired last year and is even more of a bull in a china shop than I am. She's about to leave for warm weather in 10 days and will be gone until April. She would have my back, maybe I will team up with her when she comes back.

I guess it's back in the same old rut again. Need something new to re-energize me.

Laura - it's funny but there was a time I was against cell phones and wireless stuff - all those signals going through our brain - can't be a good idea. I would have looked at wireless headphones as a direct death ray to the head Now I guess there's so much floating around us anyway - kind of like the additives in our foods - might as well just accept it and enjoy the convenience, eh? Very interesting that you had men in Pilates class. We used to get an occasional guy in step aerobics class but like you say, most of the time it was just women in the classes. Most guys are like my DH - really hate the public gym for some reason - would rather work out at home. Don't know why except they have some goofy ideas in their heads sometimes. Good luck with the report. I got my December report done over the weekend for a change - mostly because I was wayyyy behind after I got back from my sister's and had to double time October and November while trying to get ready for Christmas. Not again! As for moving - except when I managed help desks and they were all in a bull pen and I was in an office, I tended to keep my "cube farm" team close to where I was. Was better for communication and it helped me keep an eye on those rare times when I had a member who needed a bit more of a watchful eye. Was funny too because I was shorter than the cube walls so I could sneak up on them stealth style except when one of the guys mentioned he could see the top fluff of my hair coming so he knew to watch for me - then they were all on to me!

Anne - bummer on the house increases. This is a crappy time of year - my least favorite. Lots of bills to pay - property taxes, car insurance, house insurance, income taxes and DH gets freaky about all the money going out. Plus I probably overspent a bit at Christmas - bought a few things for the shelter giving tree, got a set of new luggage and of course some clothing as always. I regret some of it now that I looked at the bills Usually we pay our credit cards off when they come due but I'm going to have to spread the payments over the next 2 months and just get super tight and stingy. I thought you were trying to sell C's house - are you at least renting it and getting income to cover the extra expense? I do agree with you that I think interest rates and cost of living are going to rise disproportionately in the new administration. I do not see this new president benefitting the little guys like us - more like the 1 percent like himself. So get ready to hunker down kids. And... if I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. I think you are focusing too much on the scale - although we do use it to measure our success and failures - too much I'm afraid. Maybe you should just make eating clean your goal for the month and forget about the scale except for weekly weigh ins. Also if you grabbed pretzels at night - are you in the same boat with me - looking for something to munch and then grabbing something and feeling bad about it later? Pizza, breadsticks, pretzels - too many carbs. Brie cheese is good protein - maybe apple slices instead of the pretzels? Deviled eggs? Or you could have had some air popped popcorn and yes, spray butter or parmesan cheese is better than full on butter. In fact, I just googled Popcorn Seasoning Recipes and Food Network has a page with 50 recipes. I'm a purist - butter is good for me but there are some interesting combinations. Moving along - I got the new crown in. Feels weird because I have not worn my partial in many years. I'm trying to wear it as much as possible although I've always hated it when eating and that's when I need it the most. Is good to be able to chew with my entire mouth though.

Susie - hope your commute wasn't too bad. Good for you for sticking with the exercising.

Hello to the rest of you.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #24  
Choose your hard

... and no thanks, I don't need a coupon for Jenny Craig or WW or anything right now
Old 01-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #25  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY....had to laugh at the no thanks to the coupons for WL. I think that train left my station a long time ago with all the WW attempts (many), joining gyms, and bogus various fad diets. So no thanks on the coupons for WL for me either. Yes we have the same renters we have had for the past 3 years. Did learn they are wanting to move/rent in the country so they must be on the prowl to find something else. They think Cs house is too big for them. Really, 3 bdrm, 2 ba, laundry room, kitchen and living room, vaulted ceiling, 2 car attached garage, like 1300 sq ft. They must want one of those "little" houses. Rent covers mortgage with about 100 bucks over. You have more gumption than I. Being that cold, I would not of gone to bingo. Probably just stayed in and ate pretzels. lol. Um angeled eggs, no thanks, kind of gross me out, never have been a fan. I make yummy ones according to the family, but no thanks, same with potato salad, macaroni salad all of that...bleckie. Isn't that funny that you were cold all night long, I was too, we must be in sync. I forgot to put my afghan on top of the comforter for additional warmth and was too lazy to get up and get it. I fold it every morning and put it on the chair across the room. Talk about lazy to get up. I agree with you on ground beef not adding much flavor, to forego the sausage I use low sodium beef boullion to flavor. It is remarkable. I am sure you being the wonderful cook you are that you already know that.

LAURA...how is the wireless bluetooth working out. I love mine in the car. Plus don't have to mess with the phone while driving. Wonderful. If we get brain issues from using all this technology as HAPPY once thought about, then so be it. I mean who is going to tell with me and my brain? lol. Good on you for the Pilates class and working out to BE. You are on your way to establishing a habit. Go LAURA go!! Men never hardly were in WW classes either, mostly women with a man sprinkled here and there. Yuk on reports, that word is like a curse word to me...reports = nasty.

Not gonna lie here, arms are hurting but not like when I had the heart attack but still scary to me. I popped my very first nitro pill. It won't hurt me if I don't need it. That is the bright side. I let my diet friend know what is going on and she has been checking on me. Probably just over reacting.

Dinner last night was a free for all. The kids were at dad's, Sam was at her BFs house so C and I ate leftover ham and beans. Noise night to say the least. lol. I finished watching the last two episodes of Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Just got around to finishing that. What a great ending. The last two episodes were a little bit silly with singing and dancing crap and didn't really didn't care for it. All and all it was good. I give it a B to B-.

Ok, must get busy. My liver specialist appointment is today at 2:30, hopefully he can shed some light on the situation. Prayers please.

Hugs all.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello Girls
Thanks for the input on the WL. I was thinking about joining the WW but why when I have all these free sights to go to. I would not use it any way. I still can't shake this sinus infection so I made an appointment with the doctor on January 17th. It was the closest date they had. I can get up and move around but I'm constantly blowing my nose. When I sit down or lay down to be still I'm good.
I woke up to 8 degrees this morning. It snowed yesterday, but I didn't have to get out so I stayed put. I think the main roads are clear. The kids were at the bus stop this morning and morning traffic was moving. It's now 11 degrees.
Just had an invite to come to Branson. If bil will stop by to pick me up I might go.
------

Annie
Don't take your symptoms to lightly.

Happy
Don't blame you for not doing any thing till bingo tonight. It's too cold. Will they call off bingo due to the cold?

Laura
Hope you enjoy the blue tooth headphones

I've run out of steam. Going to lie down again.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #27  

Morning all. Finally Friday!

Happy Ė How was bingo last night? Are there still a lot of people there in spite of the frigid temps? Yum, that minestrone soup and bread sounds like a tasty meal. == Bummer about the continuing drama at the thrift shop. The shop my sister volunteers for was also in turmoil and the head person got booted out and Iím not sure of the current state of it since we havenít talked about it at all recently. Too bad your pseudo shop manager canít put his foot down about changes that need to be made. == Re guys in the gym Ė I think plenty of guys like an actual fitness center that has weight rooms and weight machines and cardio equipment. But they are much less likely to go to group fitness classes. == Lol, your employees seeing your hairdo over the top of the cube walls. == Boo re all the bills this time of the year! -- By the coupons, I take it youíre referring to the lovely adverts we get to see below our posts.

Annie- First Ė I hope your arms have stopped hurting!! Scary, YES! Did the nitro pill make any difference or would you not be able to tell? ==Too bad you may be losing the tenant at Cís house. Real estate is doing better than it was three years ago Ė maybe itís time to sell that house?? By ďlittleĒ house do you mean one of those tiny houses? I like to watch the HGTV shows about them Ė but they are still sort of like a freak show for me. I canít imagine actually living in one of those. But I do find that it keeps the concept of ďless is moreĒ in the front of my mind. == I like deviled eggs (what are angeled eggs?), but I donít think of making them for my own consumption as a snack. Hard boiled eggs are enough effort for me, LOL. I also agree re the egg/potato/macaroni salad Ė not something Iíd make often because itís one of those things I worry about going bad or not keeping well for very long. == The wireless Bluetooth is working out just fine. Very happy with them. I also finally got my phone paired with the SUV, so weíll see how that works out too. Only took me nearly two years to get that taken care of. That just tells you how much time I spend in that car Ė very little, and even less as the driver. == Re the recent GG series Ė I enjoyed it, but not so much the Rory storyline because I thought she was stupid about her love life. And too much time re the Stars Hollow musical.. == Hope the liver doc appointment is productive!!

Hellos to the rest of you! Susie, did the TOPS meeting happen?? Shad, thinking of you in the tropical warmth while my cell phone says itís a whopping 7 degrees F here. Ceejay, hope youíre cuddled under a cozy blanket and basking in the pleasure of not having to be anywhere during this cold weather!!
==
Iíll say it again Ė glad itís Friday.

Very cold today again and I decided to drive to the train station. But the carís windshield needed to be cleared of frost and the windshield fluid was out. And of course our extra gallon on hand was the summer formula and partially iced just sitting in the garage. And of course the jets for the fluid were frozen anyway. Sigh. Yet I still made my usual train. WINTER formula fluid is now on the shopping list. And I think Iíll also put some of the fluid into a spray bottle and keep it in the car to deal with frozen windshield wiper fluid squirters.

Been looking at craigslist for a wall hanging for over the headboard in our bedroom. Found a few options over the past couple days and bf and I decided on one last night. Heís supposed to go get it today. It took a bit of looking because we needed more of a larger oblong shape to fit over the headboard. Either that or something a couple that could go side-by-side. Figure in personal tastes in art, what would look nice in that room, and shopping on craigslist and you have to have patience. But finally we found something decent. I'll post a photo when it's hanging on the wall.

Hair appointment tomorrow morning and then nothing else for Saturday-Sunday. Want to get the Key West lodging booked and do some stuff around the house, including a batch of soup.

Iím taking Monday off work to drive bf to and from his colonoscopy, so there goes most of the morning. Iím sure weíll be eating a late breakfast/early lunch after thatís done. Not sure about the afternoon.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:25 PM   #28  

There you are Ceejay! Sorry you're still dealing with the sinus infection. If you really thought the WW meetings and face-to-face camaraderie with fellow members is what would motivate you, maybe ww is for you, but you are right - there's a lot of support online.

Feel better soon.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #29  
Choose your hard

crap-------- I did it AGAIN. Did control V (paste) and lost my post.

Ugh.

Well Reader's Digest Version... Bingo was fun last night, they needed me - glad I planned on going anyway. It's frigid freezing cold outside. Took a hot tub soak last night and the 3 season room was frozen - seriously - ice on the inside windows. You can bet I stayed neck deep in the water Going to try and get some cleaning done today.

Annie - I hope all goes well with your doctor's appointment this afternoon. Prayers as always, don't be shy about asking for help. Good point on using the beef broth - I used chicken, beef would have been better - thanks. Glad you had a quiet night to yourself. We finished the last of the ham last night too. We ARE on the same page.

Going to try and post again and get to some cleaning before the whole day is shot. Happy weekend chicks.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #30  
Choose your hard

I see some of you have posted since I logged in.

Laura - one of the things you can consider to clear your windshield is a spray bottle with a mix of water and rubbing alchohol. Supposed to de=ice a window. Haven't tried it myself. The freezing point of rubbing alcohol is -126 (F) so it probably won't freeze in the car. Whenever the shop manager tries to put his foot down, he (like me) gets overridden. I told him last night at bingo since people don't come to our monthly meeting then they are voluntarily giving up their right to a democracy and we can move in with an anarchy and tell them what to do. He laughed at that. Hope the wall hanging looks nice. Geez we have so much artwork at the thrift store for a bargain price - big and small. We also did a few things with some of DH's pictures - one was a panoramic 3 panel of a sunset. I wish he had told me what he was doing - I would have picked a slightly different picture. It's a nice concept though.

Ceejay - I agree with the others on the WL. If you want the comraderie, consider WW. A lot depends on how much you like the plan also. But if you are planning on just doing something online, you're right. There's lots of free stuff available. I'd still give TOPS a try if it wasn't such a far drive for me. Hope you feel better with the sinus infection.