Old 10-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #121  

Morning all. Happy Friday and TGIF!!!

Michelle – You’ve got another busy weekend lined up. Please let me know your fitbit info when you’re all set up. Nice you get paid for all that overtime – it can go towards the purchase of a new guitar if you decide you want to pursue it. Let us know how you like the Bill Murray movie. Good luck on the 5k!!

Ceejay – Longer workweek for you…and a shorter weekend. Oh well, the extra pay will be welcome, I’m sure. Good job on the exercise.

Annie – Carrots are somewhat sweet, so maybe that’s what made the meatloaf taste sweeter. Yeh, not adding ketchup is a good move because it has a lot of sodium. You must have your energy back – you were pretty busy after work last night!! Awww, what a sweet memory of your grandpa. I have some good memories of watching the Cubbies with my dad, and once he took me to a Cubs game on his motorcycle! Yeh, too bad I couldn’t “shop” from your closet. I’ll buy a dress and hope I can find something that can be dressed up or down because it would be nice to wear it more than once or twice…

Happy – Nothing like having company to fire up the housekeeping! If I recall correctly, your sister & BIL arrive tomorrow? Hope you all have a wonderful time together. How long will they stay? I hope you’ve caught up on your sleep!! Cutting back on sugar is something that's trial and error re how much to cut from a recipe. Did you make the chicken wild rice soup?? Re our temps here, I think for this time of year, low 60’s is more the norm. I think we’ll be at that norm within a few days.

Hellos to the rest of you!!
--
Yesterday at work was the day for our fundraiser room parties – they started at 2 pm. The theme of our fundraiser this year is “We like to party!”, so the parties were themed ones – tailgate party, Mexican Fiesta, wedding (crasher) reception, 80’s prom party, party like a rock star, etc. Funds are raised by buying a passport to the parties and getting a stamp from each of the parties gets you entered into a raffle. Each party (held in conference rooms and adjacent office areas) has various fundraising activities – raffles, games, etc. They can be very fun, but with all the food and beverages around, they can be a big temptation! I did pretty well resisting - good thing I ate lunch.

On the train home, bf phoned me in a huge tizzy because he’d lost his cell phone. As he requested, I sent a text to his phone asking the person who found it to contact me at home or on my cell phone. He picked me up from the train and drove me home. Of course, when I asked if he’d checked the couple spots where he’d been, he got annoyed with me. And at that point I was done with trying to help him because he was being really rude. Luckily he’d phoned AT&T and they told him his phone "pinged" at one of the two places he’d been, so he went there and it was there. I still don’t know the specifics because I was still ticked off at him at the time and didn't even want to talk to him. By the time I got home from my hair appointment, he and his friend were watching a dvd, so we didn’t get to talk. We’re all good now, but I sure hope he backs up his !@#$% phone so he doesn’t go into hysterics if/when he loses it again.

I went to my hair appointment shortly after getting home from work (touch-up only), and afterwards went to the market and bought some coconut oil. My skin is once again drying out in the lower part of my face alongside my chin. Since I’m scared to use any of my current products on it, I decided to try the coconut oil. I scooped some out and put it into a small jar that I’d saved from some eye cream, and the rest of the big jar went in the fridge. So far…it’s not making it worse. Surprisingly it absorbs really well and doesn’t leave a greasy feeling. We’ll see what types of food we’ll cook with the CO. It’s become very popular as of late. I guess it has a lot of saturated fat, but a certain type that isn't as bad as other types of saturated fat.

I got my lab results back already and all was good. As usual, my cholesterol level was above the desired range (at 215), but my HDL (the good one) is very high (at 100), so it’s not considered a bad thing with respect to coronary heart disease.

Well, tonight I have to shop for a dress. Tomorrow morning I’m meeting some friends for breakfast. The wedding is early evening. The ceremony and reception are both in one place - a restaurant, so that’ll be nice.

I have no plans for Sunday, but hopefully I’ll get those other two hydrangea bushes dug up!

That’s it for me, so I’ll get this posted. Have a great weekend everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #122  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Just a quick post for me as I have to run into town in a few minutes and take care of a few errands.

Laura - I would suggest perhaps the famous LBD - little black dress for you. Probably the most versatile of all pieces because you can dress it up (with a jacket or nice "statement" necklace or even a fancy scarf. Or you can dress it down with a pullover, cardigan or sometimes with the right type of dress and a white shirt underneath, make it a cute jumper. Something to think about Good luck shopping, I know you are not that fond of it.

Annie - good for you on adjusting your foot. Smart idea about the tomatoes over the sauce/ketchup. I agree with Laura about the carrots - the people on the cooking channel talk about adding carrots to a dish for sweetness. I wanted to ask you also, prior to your heart attack - were you feeling "off"? Did you have minor chest pains? How did you know or your boss - that it was time to race you to the hospital? I hope you don't mind my asking, I am always getting "twinges" which obviously to date mean nothing but I am always curious as to what do you ignore and how do you know it's something serious?

Hellos to the rest of the busy chicks DH is ready to head out and I must follow...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #123  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Thank You for your comments on my birthday.

Annie ~ My birthday dinner was great. Thanks for asking.

Laura ~ The food was both American and Chinese food.

Michelle ~ Thanks for wishing me a Happy Belated Birthday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning Everyone,

Its been a great morning here in Kansas. The weather today is awesome. I've been awake since 5:30 a.m. Its almost 10 a.m. now. I dont have to start waiting for my bus until 12:55 today. I'm gonna eat lunch early today so I can work out after I eat before I have to leave for my appt. I had music and movement class yesterday and it went good. I dont go back to school until Wed. and I have an appt. on Thursday and of course we're gonna run our errands on Sunday like always but other then those 3 days I'll be staying at home which is nice, Its nice to stay at home once in awhile. Anyway I thought of a title of the month of Nov. I thought of No More Woddling for the Worldies in Nov. (You know how a Turkey walks) That's what I was trying to spell but I'm not sure how to spell it. I hope everyone knows what I'm talking about. Take Care All.

Last edited by Terra1984; 10-23-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:10 PM   #124  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, on a dreary grey Auckland Saturday.

Some of you have already noticed that I have extended my contract and naturally enough have decided I am nuts. I can hear some of you saying WTF, has Shaddie lost it completely? Perhaps I have. It all came as a bit of a surprise since it was only 5 days before my contract was due to expire. I thought about it for a while then decided that the extra cash was required to take me on my last trip to visit my friends around the world and will ensure I do not HAVE to work again until June or July next year and that's only if I want to work then. Carefully managed, it should allow me space to work out where to retire and how to go about it. My superannuation and savings will only take me onward for another 10 years or so. Not that I think I will to be 100 you understand.

The job has settled down somewhat and we are back to training and sorting out deeper problems than previously. I doubt that the hours suggested in giving me an offer too good to be refused will be adhered to and I will still be working at least a 10 hour day - but that's pretty normal.

Otherwise, I think I am in trouble with the daughter in law since I won't be in Adelaide at Christmas. I forgot that I was supposed to look after DS2's animals while they go away on a cruise. And then with Chris (Japan) coming over after Christmas for a few days it means that they will be at work while I sit around at their place if I go in early January. So I need to compromise somehow. DS2 has said that he can find a place for the dog but the cats are causing some concern. A promise is a promise. I will be there.

I'm sort of lost on the personals, but.............
Annie - so pleased to here you are on the up. And sleeping well with it. Hope it all gets really good soon. Take care

Terra - happy birthday for the day I missed. Hope it was a really good one for you.

Happy - have a wonderful time with the family. Don't stress too much over the housework. It will wait. One room, one day at a time. You are retired, you don't have to have a perfect house and yard anymore.

Laura - had to laugh at the b/f dilemma in losing his phone. Guess he had a real man look for it. Not to go back to where he had been is a bit crazy. Takes a woman to find the thing every time. I find I am asking my male colleagues if they 'have had a real look for it, or just a man look'. Gets them every time.

Ceejay - saw some pictures on FB regarding the maintenance at the plant. Always amazes me to find exactly what is in the water that we drink, wash in and spread around. Part of the miracle of Mother Nature.

Michelle - keeping busy I see

Dee - Hope you are feeling more like your old self these days. It must be hard for you and through no fault of your own to come down with something like that. I would be spitting mad

Susie - I thought that some of the people I have worked for are *******s, but I think yours take the cake for that. Find another job where you will be appreciated.

Think that is about it. We are on a long weekend here. This afternoon I have been invited to an Indian festival. It's some sort of lead up to Diwali I think. Anyway, there will be a prayer afternoon (of which I will not understand one word) and then dinner. Since my Indian friend is vegetarian, I suspect that it will be a light meal. If I don't get lost getting there, it should be interesting. Since I don't always understand what they are saying in English, it will be hard on the hearing and the brain.

Tomorrow - depending on the weather, I might head out to Waiheke Island or if it rains maybe a museum or the city - guess I should go there at least once while I am in town and then the other day, I thought I might drive down to Hobbiton (from the Lord of the Rings movie) which is a couple of hours down the road from here.
In a couple of weeks, I will go home for a couple of days and a weekend and sort out some things from there. It was part of the deal that I have a week off to go home - however with the DS2 living at home it isn't so urgent and is just personal stuff now and I need to get an appointment before I can actually book to go.

Okay, that's it from me. Best go get dressed and get some directions to this place for this afternoon and then do some shopping to get me through the week.

cya

Last edited by Shad; 10-23-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:55 PM   #125  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone-Thank you for all your comments and advice. It means a lot to me. I love the company that I work for and this is the first time in 8 yrs there that I have had to deal with this sort of thing.

Tomorrow we are going to Disney on Ice with my brother Sam and his partner James and of course my two adorable nephews. I'm looking forward to being with them and just watching this through their eyes.

I am about to head to bed and I will do personals tomorrow.

Love you my "Worldly friends!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:51 AM   #126  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Everyone must be on a busy weekend. Apart from Susie and me that is.

Okay. I'll be back tomorrow to check it out.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #127  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. I have a lot to get done today and I don't think I'll get to everything on my list.

We had a great time with the nephews yesterday but I didn't get on thing done around the house at all--that is why the long list today. Oh well....time spent with them is something that I can't get back if I let it go by. The house cleaning will always be there. It might be that the bathroom & kitchen get done, the sweeper ran through the high spots and call it good!

I should also work for a couple of hours but that is the last thing on my list.

Heading to church this morning. I need the time to center myself. I feel as if my emotions and focus is all over the place.

Shad: I can't believe that your contract was extended. I sure hope they treat you better! How was the Indian festival?

Michelle: Did you get the guitar from your friend? I always thought I would like to learn how to play. I can't imagine teaching myself though. I think you and are I linked together on fitbit?

Laura: Great job on the health numbers coming back so good! I have trouble keeping my good cholesterol number up. They tell me that it only comes up with exercise--it looks like you are doing well in that area!

You and I are already linked together on fitbit, I think?

Did you find you find a dress for the wedding? I think Happy was going in the right directon!

Ceejay: I accepted your request on Fitbit. It looks like you are doing great on your steps. I need to get moving this week and get back into the swing of it!

Annie: How are you feeling? Have you gone to the exercise therapy that I'm sure they will be sending you too? You and I are now linked together on fitbit

Dee: You and I are now linked together on fitbit.

Hi to Happy and Terra!

I have got to get in the shower and be ready to leave at 10:15 to make it to church on time.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
There was a light rain this morning on the drive to work. We really need some rain. Just feel for those in Houston, Tx. Hope my nephew is okay.
This past week my stomach has been on fire and so has my intestinal tract. It has eased up some. I've starting a round of Prilosec.
My bff from high school was taken to the ER last night but still don't know what happened. From what I read in the comments on FB she was treated and released.

------
Shad
Can't blame you for extending your contract. We can all use that extra cash. That's one of the reasons I've chosen to continue to work. Wow, wish we had places to visit like you do. What you saw in the pictures on FB was iron being flushed from the aerator. Iron is natural in water but people don't like red water to drink or wash clothes etc. It's gross looking. They clean the aerator at least once a month but it starts to build up inside the pipes. That's when they have to take out I think T. said 549 plastic pipes and put in clean ones. They looked to be about 2 inches in diameter, and approximately 9 foot long or longer.

Susie
Sounds like you had a nice outing. I like all things Disney. Thanks for accepting me as a friend on fitbit. I got four out of five rooms cleaned yesterday so I feel better. Why is it that when your house is cluttered you can't think?

Laura
I've never heard of the term "to ping" a phone. Is that where you call the lost phone for a location. Working the extra day wasn't to bad. Just told myself not to over do. I've done that for my phone and for a neighbor's phone.

Hello's to the rest. Hope you are having a good week end.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Yep, you're right Shad. Been super busy. House is clean (enough). Sister and BIL arrived in record time yesterday and all is well. Last night we went to a gourmet dinner fundraiser put on by 2 of the shelter staff who in former lives were a restaurant chef and a pastry chef. Really nice event although if you are having a 5 course dinner next time, maybe small plates instead of a full on meal. Good food but too much of it! We all had a nice time. I am hoping to have a more relaxing week to come although I still have a few things to do.

Shad - don't blame you for extending the contract for the reasons you gave, especially if it means a visit.

Ceejay - what happened in Houston? My niece moved back to Wisconsin from there earlier this year. She lived there for about 10 years.

Susie - hope you can get settled in your head what you want to do. Look at this as an opportunity to think things through.

Laura - hope you can find a dress that works. Always hard to find something when you NEED it.

Michelle - how fun with the guitar. You can get a cheap one although I am surprised at how expensive acoustic guitars have become. I bought one (a long time ago) for $35 - not so cheap this time. Sometimes music stores sell used ones for a good price.

Annie, Terra, Dee - enjoy the weekend. Me too. See yahs
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Houston is being flooded by hurricane Patricia. That's where my nephew lives.
Glad your sis and bil have arrived safely. Always fun to eat out--no dishes to wash and for a good cause.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #131  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Shad ~ Thanks, I did have a great birthday

Susie ~ Hi, How are you doing?

Happy ~ Yes, I enjoyed the weekend, I hope you did too.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #132  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning all...

Made it through the weekend without taking one nap, not that I could't of used one. Went to bed early Friday night as I was bushed. Got up with C on Saturday morning, that is his "sleep in" day for work. Haha, he doesn't get up till 5ish on Saturdays. Went to AA meeting at 9, then to Hobby Lobby to return some wedding stuff and then the grocery. Stopped by Sissy's, she wasn't home but DH was there with the kiddos. Visited with them for a while, helped Ro eat a chopped up banana, of course my assistance wasn't really needed, however he was using his baby fork and doing well with it. Came home, put groceries away, did some laundry, got dinner started then lounged around the entire afternoon with Sass-a-cakes watching the Hallmark channel.

BTW****Hallmark Channel Starts Mellie's Christmas Movies on October 31st, next Saturday****

Yesterday was church, C had to finish up his routed from Saturday so I rode along. We only had about two hours to do. Came home, washed my tablecloth on the kitchen table, and lounged around some more. Kind of a lazy weekend. The leaves are absolutely gorgeous right now, but think once we get the rain and wind from Patricia tomorrow and Wednesday, most of the leaves will be down.

Small rant...Indiana drivers, if you do not know how to do a round-about or dual drive thru's, please don't go down that road or drive thru. Thank you. End rant.

CEEG...is your brother safe? How near the flooding is he? Hope all are safe.

CHELLE...I took guitar lesson's once, failed. I tried to hard, perfectionist to be a guitar player, not laid back enough. Hope you are doing great with it and enjoying it.

SUSIE...have not started cardiac rehab yet. I am to call them today to get it set up. I am actually looking forward to it. Hope things smooth out at work for you. Saw your DOI pics on FB, very cute nephews. Glad you had a good time. Housework will always be there, enjoy life first. LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!

SHADDIE...you sound a bit perkier. Cold gone, and knowing you are extened only a couple of months must help.

HAPPY...love to answer questions about heart. If it will save another, great. I had no warning signs. I did feel extra tired and now know why my eyes looked dark in many pictures prior to heart attack. Looking back I can now say the few times my arms ached for no reason was a sign. This only happened a couple of separate times in the past couple of months. I never had chest pains ever, even when I was having the heart attack. Women rarely do. As far as going to the hospital...I thought I was getting the flu or something. My boss just looked at me and the symptoms I was having and knew I needed to go. Him being a certified trainer, I think he knew what was happening. Plus finally the pain was a little more than bareable for me, time to go. I had pain on both sides of my back by my shoulder blades, then it radiated down the BACK sides of BOTH arms, profuse sweating, and then nausea. That is it. When I was in ER I had a bit of both side neck pain for a short time. After in ER for 5 hours it narrowed down to back shoulder blade pain, arm pain and nausea--all night long till cath lab and stents, even with the nirtroglycerin. There are so many other signs women have that men don't. Tingling in the hands, neck and jaw pain (men usually have), chest pain (both), headache, vomiting. HOpe you are enjoy sis and bil's visit. Do you have anything planned to do with them or just schmoozing?

LAURA...men are frustrating..re: your BF. I mean, if they would just listen to us and do as we say their lives would be so much easier. lol. Can't blame you for being ticked. C once dropped his phone in the movie theater under the seats and the next movie had already started, he was just going to leave it there and get a new phone rather than go back in and get it. Yes, I went in there and got it from under the seat that someone was occupying. Heck with that. Men...SMH.

TERRA...glad you enjoyed your birthday and dinner.

DEE...hope you are having a feel good day. Hugs.

Best get busy, boss is in today then out for the next 3 returning on Friday. Whew who, altho kind of nice to have him here when he tends to save lives. lol.

Make it a great Monday/night all.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #133  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I'm tired. I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon. The 5K on Saturday was really fun. Then I ran a bunch of errands, picked up the guitar that my friend is letting me borrow, tried my hands at a few chords...need to talk with my cousin about it because they didn't sound right....didn't sound like music. LOL Yesterday, I took Santa to a doggie event in the morning, and then visited my step-mom for a couple hours. She beat me at Scrabble and then we had delicious beef stew for lunch. I was going to take Santa to a doggie costume parade yesterday afternoon...but opted to go to the dog park instead as I had a headache.

This week, I'll be doing a lot of 10-12 hour days due to the website launch on Friday night/Saturday.

I'm promising myself that I'll get back to the gym and back to strength training next week. With the time change on Sunday, I won't be able to get Santa to the dog park on weekdays anyway, so I might as well go to the gym. I set up my Fitbit on Friday, but I haven't added anyone as a fitbit friend. I was pleased that on Saturday, I got 10,000 steps in before noon. Due to the headache and backache yesterday, I only got in 9,700 steps for the whole day...but better than nothing.

Hope you all are doing well. I've got to sign off and get some work done.

Much love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #134  

Morning all. Monday once again.

Annie – Glad you took some time this weekend for relaxation because once you start your cardiac rehab you’ll be exercising regularly... Re your rant – I heartily agree re the people afraid of the round-abouts. We have one in our area (aka: Suicide Circle) and I just wish people would learn a detour route for themselves if they’re going to freak out over it. Also, the main expressway interchange near us is being completely revamped into one of those “diverging diamond” interchanges, of which we have NONE like it around here and I know people will also freak over that too. Luckily I experienced one of those while visiting my mom in MO so I know what to expect.

Hi Terra! What’s on the schedule for this week?? I like your suggestion for November’s thread title. (the spelling is waddling, by the way)

Ceejay – I hope your nephew in Houston is okay.

Happy – I like that you said your house is clean (enough). That’s what the magazine should be called – “Good (Enough) Housekeeping”, LOL. Like Annie was saying, it would advise us to key in only on the most important spots – bathroom, kitchen, etc. Sounds like you are off to a good visit with your sis and BIL – a nice meal for a good cause. Enjoy the rest of your time during their visit.

Ceejay – Yeh, my mind can’t focus in a cluttered space. We have friends whose condo is packed with stuff, and it’s not organized either and the couple times I’ve been there, I felt really anxious. Just too much stuff! I don’t know what “ping” is but my understanding is that all cell phones have something in them that can allow it to be tracked down if necessary. Well maybe not if the battery dies…I dunno, that’s a techie thing and I get lost quickly on all things techie.

Susie – I’m glad you enjoyed the Disney show with your family. You're right, the time flies by and you can’t get it back, so enjoy it NOW!

Shad – Yeh, I did think you were nuts for re-upping that contract since it seemed so intense. But I suppose the motivation – cash for world travel – is strong. Well, sounds like you have a scheduling dilemma. I hope that gets worked out without too much fuss. LOL, “real look” or “man look”. I love it, gonna remember that next time, cuz there’s always a next time.

Michelle – I hope your headache goes away soon. I had one of my PMS headaches last night but thankfully it went away when I took meds for it. Bf asked me why that one is always on the back of my head on just one side and I didn’t know. All I know is that those are the kind I get before and during my period and the pain is almost always in the same spot. I’ll have to ask my doctor about it some time.

Hi Dee!!

--
I had a nice breakfast with my friends on Saturday morning – there were six of us.

After that, I drove straight to the mall and shopped for a dress. I bought a stretchy one with a draped neckline. It was a navy blue (almost purple) background with taupe polka dots, which matched nicely with my beige peep-toe pumps. I wouldn’t normally choose a print like that, but I think a print can help camouflage bulges when it’s a clingy style. Most of the dresses had high necklines and that just doesn’t flatter me, so I was happy just to have found the dress I did. I wish I could have found another “little black dress” since the LBD in my closet is getting on in years and at this time, is a bit too “little” for me, haha. But nope, didn't see anything like that.

The dress I bought was inexpensive and when it was being rung up, there was a bigger discount than I thought. And then the merchandise credit I had sitting in my purse forever was also much more than I had thought, so I didn’t even have a cash outlay for this dress - nice! I’m not gonna worry too much if I never wear it again… Though it would have been nice to find one that I could also wear to any work-related/industry group functions. Nope. Oh well.

The wedding was nice. I liked that it was small – I estimate about 80-ish people. And I like that the ceremony and reception were at the same place & in the same banquet room. Sometimes you go to a ceremony at a church in the afternoon and have to kill a few hours before going to the reception later on - that sure eats up a big chunk of the day. The bride and groom wrote their own vows and it was very sweet and heartfelt.

I didn’t do much of anything yesterday. The morning was tea and the newspaper, then bf and I went out for lunch. We had ramen (real ramen, not the block of noodles) at a place we’d never been too and it was tasty, but unfortunately, it did not agree with me shortly thereafter. I’m just not sure what was in it that caused the reaction. The one I had Is basically a miso broth with noodles, ground pork, green onion, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, corn. It had to be something in the broth I guess.

After lunch we stopped for groceries and after that I took doggie for a walk.

Not many steps over the weekend, and it doesn't help that I didn’t wear my fitbit half the time on either Saturday or Sunday…back at it this week.

That’s about it for me. Nothing special going on this week. Pilates tonight. Hope the regular instructor is there tonight!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-26-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

An Innovative Approach to Cardiac Catheterization Starts at the Wrist

Franciscan St. Francis Heart Center cardiologists are at the forefront in using innovative heart catheterization procedures to open blocked arteries and placing cardiac stents. One significant change in this area is inserting the catheter through the radial artery in the wrist rather than the large femoral artery in the groin.

While this technique is performed in less than 10 percent of catheterizations across the country, cardiologists at Franciscan St. Francis use the procedure in nearly 30 percent of patients needing this type of intervention.

It offers many patient benefits, including:
a dramatic reduction in bleeding complications--more than 70 percent
a simple wrist strap to keep the artery sealed, as opposed to a bandage in the groin
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote