Old 10-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Just spoke with cardiac rehab, cannot start rehab until 6 weeks post surgery. Looks like the week of 11/23. It will be here before you know it.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #137  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls a beautiful day w the sun shinning. After my posts I'm outdoors for a stroll before it gets cold. Last night I was almost trampled by a buck running across our back lawn going into our woods. Saturday I was hiking in our woods & Fitbit said I went up 14 stairs, no I was uphill & downhill. The dead ragweed plants r nasty in the woods & I covered my face w a scarf in those areas. I still had a allergy attack, my co-pay on my allergy RX was $60 so I got OTC @ W-Mart for $18 to try now, rotten new insurance company is too high on RX.

#1 What's our November thread name... something to do w, pilgrims, kindness, don't pig-out & look like a fat turkey?

#2 PLease don't buy-up the leftover Halloween candy on sale

Annie, TY for sharing about your Heart Attack You were so Blessed to have your boss as your guardian angel that day. I had 'some' of those symptoms when I had a small stroke. I was Blessed & had no physical paralysis, but it affected a part of my brain that involved communication & it was like I had multiple daily brain-freezes/going blank when I was trying to finish a sentence, my thoughts & words just disappeared as if I was a baby or a drunk. It took my brain cells almost a year to repair. Our LORD has more work for both you & I to accomplish before HE takes us home, so HE graciously saved us. I laugh when I see ppl being dumb on the round-about crashing, ppl just read the worded instruction signs & follow the arrow drawings on the signs & do it...

Michelle, on your 5K Glad to hear about your guitar adventure too. My dad played guitar by ear & also read music. My dad & a brother played in bar bands & parties singing country. Both my sons play guitar, I took a lesson in my 30's & I wimped-out when the strings hurt my fingers practicing. I was tempted this year when HSN had a Keith Urban & a Randy Jackson special; w guitar, video lessons & amplifier. I'm sorry about your headache, feel Free to share pics of Santa dressed up for Halloween here!

Happy, I hope that your family visit goes as u hope for & u have great memories from it!

Terra, Do u feel any older since your birthday happened Adults r just silly about turning older. I look at birthdays as a chance to eat lots of desserts & party & get gifts. A birthday is wayyy better than a funeral.

Susie, I saw Disney on ice & I don't understand how they can skate in those costumes w/o falling down. I'm glad u enjoyed the family time.

Ceej, I hope your stomach has calmed down for u by now. It's hard to take lunch to work w you when u feel badly.

Laura, Nice surprise for u getting a dress that u like for almost 'free' I think the 'new' LBD this season might b navy or burgundy, I haven't kept up w this seasons 'must own' color trend. I've never done Pilates, it sounds like a good class to keep our bodies flexible & strong.

Hi Shad, I'm keeping my thoughts quiet about u working yourself soo hard & staying at a job where u are still working for Ms. Meanie & with her crew. BLessings to u my little sister for your kind tolerance w those strange ppl at your job.

Meatless Monday tonight= omelets, buttermilk biscuits & later some strawberry shortcake for dessert.

See you'all Tuesday
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Dee
I'm one of those people who are dumbfounded on a turn around. Took me three tries then my sis said here. I like small towns for this reason.

Annie
Can you start walking on your own before therapy? I hope that my uncles cardiac cath that is scheduled for today will be in the arm. I called the cardiologist today but his person that schedules appointments wasn't at the desk. I will call back in the morning. I want a stress test done.

Terra
I finally looked to see which Zumba DVD I have. I bought it at Zumba dot com. It has 4 DVD's in the set. I've been walking since I've purchased my fitbit.

Michelle
Wow that's a lot of steps. Do you walk a lot in the office?

Laura
The dress sounds perfect and almost free. Yeah.

------
Last night I saw a mouse in the house. I heard it the night before. Sneaky little critters. I need to get some traps but No sticky traps for these guys. Once they are caught on the sticky traps they scream to the top of their lungs.
Today I've been thinking about a cousin who is a year younger than myself. She recently found out that she has breast cancer.
I was going to schedule a refill on line today and found out that my doctor didn't give any new ones when I was in his office. This is the last straw. If the doctor in Jonesboro will have me back I'm going back there.
Last night I went through and filed some things in the office. I need to go green on all of my accounts. Tonight I'm going to dust and vacuum that room and all the house will be clean once again. Will also do a load of laundry.
There is still a light rain. Should be perfect for sleeping tonight.
Steps so far is 8100 and I have 32 activity minutes.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-26-2015 at 07:34 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:35 AM   #139  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Dee - Ms Meanie has gone. No more cr*p from her. I'm not working in that group anymore and I have some nice people coming and chatting to me and celebrating the fact that I am staying on for a while.

It helps the coffers. Today has been fairly productive and I have managed to sort out a few problems for others. I still have to drill it into their heads that they must keep an eye on the stock situation. They keep trying to go around the rules and bend them wherever possible.

I'll try to get back later with personals. I'd better get back to the fray now.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:02 AM   #140  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Quick hello. I am enjoying time with my sister and BIL. Tomorrow we are going to a special dinner for their 25th wedding anniversary. Time flies. They are having a good time they said. I hope so. It's been rather relaxing which we all need. Today my sister got here when the turkey flock was out and about so she got her clucker fix and was very excited. Wednesday they are talking about an inch of the cold, white stuff. She is excited about that also but it won't last (thank goodness) - just a hair too warm. I said I am not putting on a winter coat until we get at least 2 inches. Wearing fleece right now and I'm ok. We went shopping in town today and I managed to spend a fair amount of money. Bought some gifts too though. I also stopped at the attorney's office and made an appointment for us to (FINALLY) make out a will / trust - take care of business thing. Will cause us both to do some thinking - not such a bad thing.

Annie - thank you for the thoughtful and helpful answer about the heart questions. Good info to know. How are you going to squeeze rehab into your busy work days? Maybe they will give you Wednesday off and you can swap out the dreaded report for the treadmill - just tell them how much you hate organized exercise

Ceejay- get a cat - mousie bye bye. No muss or fuss Usually if you have the pharmacy call the doctor's office they can handle the medication orders fairly easily. DH stopped by to get his meds yesterday and they did the same thing to him - didn't pass on the right info at the office.

Dee - be careful around the deer - rutting season is starting and those deer get nuts. Very unpredictable.

Laura - Good "Enough" Housekeeping Love it. Glad you scored a dress for next to nothing that worked well for you. I never gave thought about a print on a jersey dress but I will keep that in mind. Haven't worn a dress in almost 20 years though. Glad you had a good time at the wedding.

Hello's to the rest of you chicks. I got to go clean off the kitchen counter - just remembered we have a guy coming over tomorrow to give us a price on replacing the outside door and I am on the early shift at the thrift shop. Bringing my sister to work with me so it will be fun.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #141  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ This afternoon I'm going to a job fair, Wed. I have Leadership Class from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and then Peer Support Group from 3 to 4 p.m. and then Thursday I have an appt. and then Sunday we're gonna do our weekly errands. We'll see if we get any trick or treaters on Sat. I'm looking forward to watching a couple horror movies with Scott Sat. night too.

Dee ~ Nope I dont feel any older

Ceejay52 ~ That's awesome that you have 4 Zumba dvd's. That's great that your walking more since you got your fitbit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning Guys and Gals,

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. cause my back was hurting and I had to use the bathroom. Its now 6:40 a.m. I might take a little nap later on this morning but I'm up for now. I'm going to a job fair with a friend today. I already printed off my resumes. I'm gonna wear my purple interview suit today. I sure hope it still fits me. I dont know what I'm gonna do if it doesnt cause I only have jeans and sweats besides my suite and they will not work for a job fair that may do immediate interviews. I should of bought a nice shirt and some slacks earlier this month for the job fair but I totally forgot about the job fair until I was reminded on Wed. the 21st by then I didnt have the money. Living on a fixed income sucks. I cant wait until I get a job. Once I get a job I'm gonna keep it as long as possible instead of quitting after 6 months like Scott did. Anyway wish me luck while I'm at the job fair.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #142  

Morning all.

Annie – Very interesting re the wrist catheterization. I wonder why it isn’t done more frequently. Why can’t you start your rehab sooner? I suppose if you’re still tired, it’s for the best. I forgot what your restrictions are right now – can you do any walking for exercise?

Dee – Wow, you have to be careful of the wildlife in your area! Sorry you had an allergy attack. I know when it’s time to rake leaves, I’ll need to wear a mask or something otherwise the leaf mold will make my asthma flare up.---Re Pilates, yes it’s good because it focuses on core strength (including the back muscles) and balance as well --- Terra’s suggestion for the November thread is: “No More Waddling for the Wordlies in November”. I feel like I can relate to that because when bf and I have gone out to eat on the weekend and I have to walk the dog afterwards, I’m still full from lunch and I feel like I’m waddling, LOL.

Ceejay – I hope your uncle’s surgery went well. I’m sorry to hear about your cousin’s breast cancer.--- Ugh, I hope you can get rid of that mouse without too much of a problem. ---Good job on the steps and activity minutes. ---Bummer re the rx refill issue. I know it saves a lot of money, but using the mail-order pharmacy can be a PITA sometimes. ---How’s your stomach feeling today?

Hi Shad! I’m sure not having Ms. Meanie around anymore was a factor in you agreeing to extend the contract…

Happy - I’m glad you’re enjoying your time with your sis and BIL. Happy Anniversary to them! Cute how she was excited over the turkey flock. I suppose the white stuff is very pretty on the trees/evergreens, but I’m glad it’s not gonna stick around long. ---Good for you making the appointment to get the will done. We still need to do that… I think I’m procrastinating because I’m uncertain about a trust…wondering if it’ll be a waste of money to do simple wills now and do a trust later.

Terra – I hope the suit works out for the job fair, and I hope something good comes out of the job fair for you. Good luck!

Hellos to the rest of you! Hope your week has started off well.
==
I went to my Pilates class last night and thankfully the regular instructor was there. Now I have to get a couple more workouts in this week!

I think the boots I ordered from Kohl’s should be delivered today. According to the tracker, they went partway via Fedex and I think the USPS will deliver them today. I have some Kohl’s Cash to use this week, hope I don’t forget about it.

My SIL sold her house in TX (Dallas area) after only a couple days on the market. There are some large companies moving into her area with many employees relocating, so I imagine that helped her tremendously. On the flipside, it probably didn’t help her two sons (my nephews) – they bought a house together a few months ago. Anyway, I’m happy for my SIL and it’ll be nice to have her living in the area (she’s moving in with her sister who lives in the next ‘burb over from me).

Well, that’s about it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #143  
Annie - Indiana

Good Afternoon...yeee what a morning, working on expenses for my salesman, a very time consuming job as we only do it once a month, and man can he rack up some bills. Also worked on marketing for a couple of hours, that is just plain tedious. Anyway on to a better afternoon.

What I am learning from AA: not to be so judgmental and being reminded of this at every meeting. I knew not to be that way prior, but the constant reminder is making me a better person. I am loving how so many of the "steps" apply to all aspects of life.

Last night was a meeting, it was ok, not every meeting seems to apply to me but it is nice to hear what others have to say. More do than do not apply to me however, or what somone else speaks applies to something in my life. Amazing.

LAURA....not sure why I cannot start rehab until 6 weeks out unless it is to allow the stent areas to heal before serious exercising. This rehab I am signed up for sounds intense. The first appointment is 1 1/2 hours long and is considered orientation. Wrist cath is a specialized training that not all cardiologists have just yet. Fairly new. I am just excited they used it on me. My arm is still pretty bruised, but lovely shades of purple, red hues, greens and browns, quite fallish actually. lol Yeah on SIL selling her house. So she will be closer to you all and MIL. That will be nice if you like this SIL, lol. I think HAPPY had a good title for November also but I can't remember what it was without reading back.

TERRA...I hope the job fair turned up something in your favor and your suit fit you nicely. Good luck.

HAPPY...once I make it through orientation for rehab, the last appointment of the day is 4 pm. I usually get off around 3:30 to 4:00 anyway, depending on the time I put in in the day. Early arrival, no to little lunch time, stuff like that. Rehab is only open on M,T & Th. Wednesday will not be an issue, dang it. Oh and BTW, when I was in the hospital on that Wednesday, guess what, the report didn't even go out. Ha can't live without me. ba haha. Happy 25th anniversary to Sis from another Sis and BIL. Celebrate good times, come on....dancing in the street!! I noticed you didn't say the S word, only cold white stuff, good girl. Our weather is cold and rainy today, tomorrow and into Thursday, thanks to hurricane Patricia. Burrrr. No white stuff tho.

SHADDIE...glad you are in a happier place at that job, if there is one. Be nice and they will be nice to you, ha. Did you get Christmas all figured out?

CEEG...I am walking some but not enough. Yes the docs promote walking over any other exercise. They had me walking that afternoon after stents were put in, doing laps around the floor.

DEE...mmmm omelet-veggie type, and shortcake. Actually the only cake I guess I am allowed is angelfood, which I like and will gladly eat. With fresh strawberries thank you.

CHELLE....be sure to get your rest with all the OT, don't want you coming down with some funky stuff. The $$ will be nice, but not at the risk of your health. Get it, got it, good. Hugs.

HELLO to all, hugs
Old 10-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

For those who have asked about my stomach, it is a lot better. I've had to stop drinking Cokes. Think they were the problem. I'd become a coke-aholic. The acid in them was not good on the ulcer.
I called again this morning to see about getting an appointment with a heart doctor. I used this doctor before but this time will be using his APN. He's booked solid for a few months in advance and not taking any new patients. It's been 5 years since my last stress test. It's schedules for November 5. I wish we had doctor's like this in our small town. This may be a sign that I'm moving to Jonesboro when I retire. I'm still not sure though. Just depends on my health.
I haven't heard from my uncles procedure. Will call later to check on him.
Haven't hear from my nephew so I'll call my sis to check on him.
I have been served for jury duty starting December 2. I'm dreading it. It's civil court. I'm juror 158 so maybe I will not be called.

------
Happy
I've been thinking about adopting a cat from my cousin. He has several. The newest litter of kittens are almost a year old. 2 solid white ones and one gray and white like it's mother. But not sure if my allergies could handle an indoor cat.
What a treat for your sis to get to see the turkey! Would be even better for her to see the deer. That's always a treat for me at my uncles.

Annie
Thank you for sharing the information about your heart attack. I've heard a woman's heart attack can be different than a mans. Mom had the nausea and vomiting episodes which scares me when I get sick. Not sure what else as I wasn't there. It's always good to laze around. And you most certainly deserve it. They say walking is the easiest exercise for cardio. That's my excuse for doing it. And it's easy for me to incorporate here at work.

Laura
Some people have all the luck in selling property. Has your mom put her house up for sale?

Dee
I'd hate to walk up on a deer in the wild. They were showing on the news that the deer population in Jonesboro was getting to be hazardous for drivers. One driver hit a deer and their was nothing they could have done. Ran out in front of the vehicle. Be careful.

Terra
There is a step aerobics that uses the Zumba moves, one DVD is training you on the steps and two more advanced DVD's. I might try some of them this winter when their is snow on the ground.

Susie
Are you boggled down at work?

Shad
Sounds like you have a good team that you are working with now.

----
It's getting cooler outside and still drizzling rain.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-27-2015 at 04:18 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #145  
Annie - Indiana

Miss Sass Sue all curled up in my lap!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sass 10.27.jpg (35.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #146  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura & Annie ~ Thanks Ladies, I hope I hear back from someone. The suit did fit so that was good.

Ceejay52 ~ Awesome thats cool that you have so many different Zumba DVD's. I'm still trying to learn the beginners one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 5:25 a.m. Its now 8:14 a.m. I need to get ready for school at 9:00 a.m. my friend is going to put me up at 9:30 a.m. We have to be at school by 10:00 a.m. and then we'll leave there at 3:00 p.m. Tomorrow I have an appt. and then I wont leave the house again until Sunday. I hope everyone has been having an on plan week.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #147  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Another crazy busy day ahead...lots to fix, which means lots of hours. I didn't work OT yesterday though because I wanted to go walking/running with my friend Mark. We mostly walked, but did a little running to get some extra cardio.

================
Annie - yes, I am making sure I allow plenty of time for R&R. And since I'll be working Friday evening and maybe all day on Saturday, my plan for Sunday is to relax and watch TV with Santa.

Ceejay - I'm glad your tummy is doing better. Yes, Cokes can be hard on the stomach, even diet cokes.

Laura - Glad your BF found his phone. Nice that your SIL's house sold so quickly so she'll be moving closer to you.

Happy - I love all the wildlife viewing stories and photos. Keep em coming.

Gotta run...get some water and then dive into bug fixing. to everyone else.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #148  

Morning all. Dreary day out there – misty/rainy. Oh well, all the trees can use a good soaking before the ground freezes up.

Michelle – Glad you’re making time for exercise and relaxation in spite of the looming deadline.

Terra – Yay, the suit fit! I hope the job fair went well and you hear back from someone.

Annie – I’m glad you’re getting a lot out of the AA meetings.---I’m sure the rehab stuff won’t be more than you can handle (they’ll make sure of that!!). I bet the orientation will be a lot of talking/demonstration. Good that it won’t mess up your work schedule.---Awww, another cute pic of Sassy!

Ceejay – I’m glad your stomach is better. Good to keep away from the Cokes – nothing really good in them, regardless if they are regular or diet.--- Access to good medical care is certainly a factor in choosing where to live – it was for my parents.---I hope you don’t get called for jury duty if you don’t want to do it. It certainly would put a wrench in the work schedule if you were out for more than a day or two.--- No, my mom hasn’t put her house up for sale yet. I knew when she put the brakes on things back in September that she would almost certainly be waiting until spring. Sigh.

Hellos to the rest of you!!
--
Nothing much to report. Lazy evening last night. For whatever reason, my hamstrings were sore and I was kind of uncomfortable just sitting on the sofa. Didn’t stop me from doing it though, hahaha. Watched tv and did some reading. Oh, and I packed up the boots from Amazon to return them, while bf got a return label off my Amazon account. Bf will drop them off at the UPS store today.

The boots I bought from Kohl’s arrived yesterday. They have a zipper and are much easier to deal with. My heel slips in the boot - I need a wide width shoe for the area at the ball of the foot, but the area at the heel is often too wide. But I can work with that – it’s a tall-ish boot, so it’s not like my foot is gonna slip out of it, lol.

Over the summer we kept both our cars in the driveway. Now we want to keep our "new" car - the SUV - in the garage, but we only have a single wide driveway, so the other car would always have to be moved to get the SUV out of the garage. So we moved the old car to the apron of the driveway (by the street). The apron is double wide, so it allows us to back the SUV out of the garage/driveway without having to move the old car. However - bf just phoned me to say that it just occurred to him that this won't work when a plow comes down the street to clear it of the white stuff - it gets pushed onto the apron. Plus I don't trust those plow drivers not to hit the car with the plow blade. Aaaaargh. I told bf that once it gets really cold, the ground in the grassy area next to our single wide driveway will freeze and harden & it might not be so damaging to park the car on the grass, out of the way. Whatever. I knew this would be a PITA...

Okay, gotta post and get back to work. I want to take a vacation day on Monday, but I need to finish a budget update this week so I can do that. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-28-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #149  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi,
I'm sick today so this is a quicky post. stupid cold, rainy day here in the 50's. I hate getting earaches, sinus pain & body aches. I wish Dh was home & we could nap together today... I got myself a plush electric throw-blanket last week @ Target on sale, to snuggle on the sofa instead of turning up the furnace, that's my Halloween treat instead of candy & I love it making me feel toasty warm today. Dh got himself candy & new arrows for his bow. Holidays are about the only time we spend $ for ourselves on the extras, that are not the essentials we need for living.

Terra I hope that u get the job u hoped for.

See you'all tomorrow.

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #150  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

So far having a good time. We had a really delicious (and pricey) meal last night in celebration with Sis and BIL. Today is Momma's birthday - 89 and still feisty as ever. I think she is missing sister - each day we get a new ha ha story about nephew taking care of Mom - good for both of them I wonder if Sis and BIL are ready to go home yet. Being off for a whole week with no responsibilities, no routine is so foreign to them. BIL is enjoying fishing but has yet to actually catch a fish although he is doing catch and release anyway. He said he is enjoying the peace and quiet. Sis and I went shopping in town the day before and picked up some things, we had a good morning at the thrift shop yesterday. Today we are getting the soaking rain of the remnants of the hurricane that is drifting north. They are on the fence about the white stuff, if we get it at all it will be overnight and then the temps warm a bit towards dawn so if we do get anything it will probably wash away. I have not heard from sister yet and we didn't make any plans last night after dinner so maybe they want a day to themselves today. I need to go pick up my computer glasses and return my regular glasses which don't work for squat. Not sure if it's the glasses or the prescription but something ain't right at all. I hope I don't have to argue with the guy again...

Laura - that's a real bummer with the parking situation - I take it you have just a one car / single door garage? I think we had an overnight parking ban in AH from 2am to 6am so could not leave the car on the road - not that I'd want to either like you. Bummer on the boot fit - I see people complaining about the too wide heel a lot on reviews for shoes. Maybe you could get a half heel insert to help snug it up a bit?

Michelle - thank you for the comment on the pictures. Do you think you will get everything ready on time for the website relaunch or does chaos reign supreme up to the last minute as usual Glad you are getting in the exercise and R&R - even if an abbreviated version.

Hi Terra - how did the job fair go? Did you see anything that was interesting?

Ceejay - I am allergic to long haired cats particularly. Short haired ones don't bother me but it's best to find out BEFORE you think of getting one. Also have to figure out your schedule if you travel and are gone overnight. Pets, like young kids, tend to mess up your travel schedules I agree with the others about giving up Coke. The acid in there is very harsh on the stomach. My sister said when she can give up Cokes, her acid reflux disappears. Coca Cola is the last demon I have to conquer and it's hard - I hope you can stick with it.

Annie - pass on some tips about not being judgmental - I can work on that in my life. Thank you. From what I have seen in life, anyone who does/works/helps a salesman with their expense reports needs a medal. Shoo-whee that can be a spaghetti mess to untangle! I think you are right on the angel food cake being "healthy" - because it's made with egg whites only. I like it too and it does go well with any kind of fruit. Give me those crispy bits at the top of the cake. I had a ton of recipes somewhere in a folder when DH was at the cardiac unit for his ablation. I will have to look for them and can maybe send some recipes. Many of them looked really good. Of course my sweet momma would have NOTHING to do with them - she reacted like I was offering her soup made from slush water taken from a pot hole in the street.

Shad - I hope you have a calmer run on your extended contract. Will you not be home for the holidays?

Susie - looks like you had a great time at the Disney ice show. Great picture of you and the kids.

Dee - one thing everyone in the office constantly complained about was the piddly amount that insurance paid for ongoing allergy medicines. And I'm not sure the prescription stuff works as good as OTC. Hope you find something to get your through these next few weeks before the frost kills off the spores.

Well girls, I have to call Mom and wish her a happy birthday. I hope I can get away with less than an hour's phone call so I can go and get my glasses. I also need to wrap her presents. A few small odds and ends - Mom likes to open gifts but hates most everything you give her - take this back, I won't use it, I don't need this. So frustrating. And she has gift cards up the wazootie that she doesn't use and when Sis takes her to the store she either can't find anything or complains about the prices. Sis bought her new underwear (that she complained she needed). Mom likes things roomy in the caboose - nothing pressing on her tummy so Sis bought them in a size to fit. Mom looked at the size on the package and said "these are TOO BIG". Sis said - did you try them on? Mom said nope. Then how do you know they are too big - especially since last time Sis bought a size smaller and Mom complained they were "too tight, take them back". Oh man... anyway. Have a good hump day chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote