Old 10-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #106  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Susie,Dee & Annie ~ Thank You for the Happy Birthday Wishes.

Laura ~ Thanks for wishing me a Happy Birthday, I think Mom and I are going to the buffet for my birthday dinner tonight cause she cant get into the dentist until the 30th so she'll be wearing her old dentures while we're at the buffet. Yes I'm glad we are starting a nutrition class after our cooking class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm having a wonderful birthday so far today. I'm currently watching HOME on dvd. Its about the little girl and the purple alien. Its a really cute movie. I'm gonna take it to school for movie day tomorrow. After 2 p.m. today Mom and I are gonna go to mom's bank and then we're gonna go to the Transit center and then we're gonna go to the buffet for dinner. I'm gonna do house work as soon as my movie is over. I'm also gonna do my Beginner Zumba dvd and maybe my VB dvd too. Have a great day Everyone. Take Care.

Last edited by Terra1984; 10-20-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #107  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday to you Terra I'm happy to hear you are having a wonderful day so far. Hope it continues all day long.

Laura - I am also glad to hear that BF's mom came through all right save for the anesthesia issues.

I am very sorry that I don't have time to post or do personals - my life is engulfed right now. I did a marathon of training and spent all day Sunday from 8am to 3am Monday morning sitting at my computer doing training and then a boatload of work getting 70 animals entered into the system. I have to do the current animals around the time the shelter is open since they need the paperwork at the shelter in order to be able to adopt out the animals. I got everything set up and had the paperwork back to the shelter by 10am Monday. Spent some time with one of the knowledge gurus there getting more information about things. I got a call today from the trainer who said she is amazed at how much I got done. She has never seen someone get so much done in such a short time which was flattering to hear. She is marking us as "live" now which is a lot of pressure off me in that I hope we have done enough to meet the grant guidelines and the money is ours now. But there is much to be done yet but I can relax a bit with that. Now I have to focus on getting the house ready for company this coming weekend. And I have to squeeze in a live training session today at 3, yoga tomorrow and an all day art class on Thursday. A friend called me today and asked if I still wanted to do the canning and preserving class we talked about which is tomorrow night. I begged off - no time. Sometimes pressure is a good thing - I will do what I need with house cleaning if only I can get DH out of my hair.

I did want to take a minute to respond to Susie if I could. I am sorry to hear about your meeting with the uppity ups but I hope you see the writing on the wall for what it actually is. They tell you to find ways to increase your productivity and effectiveness but the biggest impedance to your work is their constant habit of tossing things to you at the very last minute and expecting miracles from you. Case in point, that last ridiculous copy job they thrust upon you. Was anything mentioned about what a fantastic job you did? Probably not. Will THEY change to help accommodate you? Nope. I wasn't in the meeting so I don't know all that was said but based on your reaction, I'm thinking you got the typical not notice what you did right, and the only reward for hard work is MORE hard work. Personally sister, I think you are crazy for all the extra hours you put in to try and make their lives run smoothly - it is not appreciated and you are killing yourself and taking away from family time for their benefit. I know you love your job and the company BUT I would expect that you can work 120 hours a week and it won't result in any promotion or financial gain for you. I would support your carefully looking elsewhere in the company for other opportunities if your intention is to move up. Companies have become so political now - there is a chosen "list" where advancement has more to do with politics and schmoozing far more than ability and talents. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but that's the way it is. Expend your efforts where they do the most for YOU, and recognize that sometimes it takes great disappointment before we are spurned to move on as we should. I'm sorry it came down this way. Don't let it get you down - take this as a confirmation that you may have gone as far as you can go in this present position. And good luck to you.

Annie - glad to hear you are on the mend. Take it slow sister. And yes, if I had to eat a bland, health friendly diet, I can see how it would affect the weight. Now, to make it tasty - good thing you like spices over salt!

Times a wastin' it's noon already and I have much to do so I'll start by getting off the computer. I am thinking good thoughts for all of you. The next week and a half are going to be crazy busy for me but I will check in when I can.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #108  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Hump Day Girls....

Started my day in the blood lab, had to get some blood drawn so docs can keep check on me. I truly didn't even feel the stick. Must be numb to getting stuck by needles. Should have the results back as early as Friday.

Another down day by evening time. Just went home and layed around, sound asleep by 8:15. I think C is liking it. haha.

HAPPY...had to laugh just the statement, had to get 70 animals entered into the system, made me chuckle. Was thinking you went to work with SHADDIE for a minute. lol. Tell DH you need some new fall pics to show your sister that would get him out of your hair for a half day or so.

TERRA...glad your birthday was a success and you enjoyed yourself.

LAURA...MIL should ask for some good stuff in her IV so she doesn't wake up feeling poorly. I certainly do! Amazingly it works too!

Hello to all, must get busy, have a CC at 10:00 and not even versed on the subject, well don't even know the subject yet. Really behind!

Make it a great day all. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #109  

Morning all. It’ll be another mild day here. I’m happy about that, even though it might rain a bit this afternoon. We had some rain late last night. There were still puddles at the curbs this morning, so I’m hoping we got a decent amount. It’s been dry here lately and I was thinking we needed to run the garden hose to our new tree to give it a good watering, especially before the colder weather comes.

Terra – How was your birthday dinner? I hope you enjoyed it.

Happy – Glad you got the software up and running and I hope you’ve met the requirements for the grant. Enjoy your yoga class today and your art class tomorrow.

Annie – Hope the blood lab results are good. I had a health assessment this morning (i.e., blood draw & blood pressure) in conjunction with our company’s wellness plan. (Well, there's a questionnaire too, but that was done online in advance.) BP was good. We’ll see about the lab results. Good suggestion for Happy to get her hubby out of the way.

Hellos to the rest of you!
--
Nothing much to report. I (still) have some soreness going on from Monday’s Pilates class – definitely the “DO” part of DOMS – Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

When I rode my bike home from the train yesterday is was definitely dusk. I don’t like riding when it's dark, so today I walked to the train. Guess I’m done for the season.

Still, I did get my old bike helmet set up with new foam cushions inside last night so it’s ready for next year.

We watched the Cubs-Mets game last night. They are now down 0-3 in this series, so it’ll really be tough for them to come back from that and win 4 in a row, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

This morning I tried on the one dress in my closet that I thought might be good to wear to this wedding on Saturday. Thankfully it fits fine, but I’m not crazy about it, so I might get out and shop for one tonight. Bleh.

That’s about it for me. Have a good day everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #110  
Choose your hard

Morning all,
Try to get a few comments in here. I did a deep clean yesterday. Well started it. Lots to do. I decided that I was going to take a tip from the housemaids. They start in one corner of the room and go clockwise rather than my haphazard style of flitting back and forth. The kitchen is spotless now. I refused to cook last night and mess it up I'm hoping to get the living room and dining room done today (and windows) before heading off to yoga. I have to go to yoga because the teacher lent me a music CD which I need to return. So far I am on schedule and not getting crazy frantic. Yet.

Annie - I think there is something in what you are talking about being immune to needles at the moment. Same too about losing your dignity with everyone poking, prodding, rushing about and looking at your "2,000 body parts" It is a shame that you can't take a week off to recuperate but hopefully they will be a bit gentle minded at work and maybe cut you some slack on the dreaded Wednesday report? I'm glad to hear that you are relaxing when you get home. Rebalance your life Sister. Hah on the DH comment - what I really need him to do is clean up his guitar room and his computer space and his bathroom but I will probably just do it myself - you know how that goes. I did not know that Swiss was low sodium cheese. I don't know if I could live without Parmesan. But please continue to pass along health tips.

Terra - what did you have at the buffet for your birthday dinner? Was it mostly Chinese food?

Laura - I found the problem with suede boots is that the city salt does a big number on the shoes. I also had a hard time finding something that doesn't eventually leak - I'm thinking again, the city salt slush probably doesn't help. I hate wearing winter boots myself for driving. I have always had a "thing" about thick soles and not being able to feel the car pedals as well as with street shoes. So when I drive, I bring a boot I can slip on and off and wear shoes in the car. Definitely more fun to pick out winter hats and scarves than boots. Well that's interesting about the yogalaties class Should have been Pilates, instead became yoga. Well she must have been some Pilates if you were sweating. Still sorry to hear you wasted a punch on that. And good for you for heading out to exercise AFTER a long day at work. I looked at the weather last night and it was 70 degrees out your way. Hah! It's in the 40's here. During the day. My sister is going to freeze when she comes up on Saturday. OMG - what I wouldn't do for 70 degree weather. BUT 2 weeks ago we had 70's and we were infested with those stupid Asian beetles which have since diminished greatly since it got cold so there is a side benefit. And I LOVE the egg fundraiser idea. People are good sports to go along with things.

Ceejay - glad your friend is going to take a practice run on driving the day before she has to drive you. I'm glad someone can help you out for a change. Did you survive the aerator being changed? Looked like a mess. Good for you for pushing the exercise now.

Dee - I would rather refer people to DH's Facebook page for pictures - I have to do some things to get them posted on here and I don't have the time for that right now. Besides, for some reason, he has not been posting much lately. I hope you are feeling better now that the cooler weather is moving in. I see you got the snow that bypassed us. You can keep it, thanks

Susie - I hope that you have woken up with a more clear mind regarding the job. Sometimes the best plan of attack is to simply do what you can in the allotted amount of time rather than trying to accomplish everything they toss at you. If they say something, tell them this is your new plan to be as efficient as possible :P And be sure to do something nice for yourself today too.

Michelle - good luck on the website launch. Didn't they just do that or am I confusing this with the last job? If so you MUST learn to stop hiring on just as they are embarking on a roll out Crazy life we live, eh?

Shad - well all things considered, I am glad to hear that you are finally finishing off this contract. It has been an especially intense run this time. Go back home to milder weather and get to feeling better.

Alrighty then, time to get busy. Have a good hump day everyone.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:19 PM   #111  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls,

Here's a link to a crystallized fruit that I've used for many years since watching Zonya a nutritionist doing a Health & Obesity seminar on PBS & I went to her site Zonya.com for her healthy recipes & saw she uses this. A box has 32 packets for under $4 & 1 packet= 1 fruit wedge, it has: 0 everything per packet & 25% Vitamin C. It puts a tasty zing in food & if U are eating low sodium or 0 sodium try it out. It's in the baking aisle. I also keep it in my car & purse to flavor water or use it on foods eating out when I order from the menu & I ask for salt-free food. I sprinkle it on veggies/meat/hot tomato juice in a mug, etc. where I used to use salt or instead of eating pickles. Dh still sprinkles salt on everything, he doesn't care if he gets high blood pressure. I've used 6 flavors so far When Annie said she wasn't using salt, I decided to post this info. I like the zingy fruit flavors so I'd use it even if I wasn't salt conscious. The website tells U where U can buy it & has a $1 coupon.

It's really quiet in here today

http://www.truelemon.com/products

I'm happy that I got my Fitbit. Without trying I've done a few miles already since yesterday w +4,000 & today +5,000 steps. Thank You to everyone here that's doing it & being my work-out buddy on the dashboard. You each are inspiring me to keep going & regain my body strength & energy I had a few months ago. I like the dashboard w food & water logging & easy food pull-down & seeing what I've burned-up walking & sleep-log. I should've gotten a Fitbit yrs ago but I was waiting for the watch band feature.

I'll b back tomorrow for personals.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:27 AM   #112  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning All - Great Day to be Alive!!

Feeling a little less tired in the evening, I got two loads of laundry done and emptied the dishwasher. Made be a lean ground beef burger in the oven and cut up a tomato. All very good. Watched a little TV and went to bed. Woke up at 4:30 for the day. Was just plain done sleeping.

My SIL turned me on to a new instant oats maple and brown sugar. Very very good, and healthy sort of. They are called OatFit got them at Kroger. 100 cals per packet, has flaxseed that delivers 160 mg of ALA Omega-3 per serving-10% of the 1.6g daily requirement. I figured if they served me oats in the hospital, it must be safe. They fill me up quite nicely. Then again, once I take my meds I am really not all that hungry. Breakfast is the only meal I enjoy and am hungry to eat. Also brought an apple but not in the mood for it yet. Had a half of a banana at home. My potassium was low in the hospital and had to take horse pill size potassium.

DEE....thanks for the websites. I will check them out today or tomorrow. I don't usually flavor my water or tea, not a fan. Might use them in recipes. Friended you on Fitbit, I am not a gun hoer either, it is what it is. I think my highest step day was like 8500.

HAPPY...is DH one of those if you make a suggestion to do something like clean his guitar room, he doesn't do it at all? My boss has been a darlin' during this entire heart experience. He tells me to go home about 2 every day. Yesterday it was 3 because it was dreaded report day and had to get that out first. I was not as tired last evening. Good sign.

LAURA...at least walking to the train and back will rack up some steps on the fitbit. Good luck dress shopping. I am NOT a shopper.

Hello to all. Make it a great Thursday/night...oh and I saw on FB that SHADDIE extended her contract to Christmas. WHAT???
Old 10-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

Default Sassy Sue Snoozing

Sue Sue did not want to get out of bed this morning. Trust me, she made it look inviting to go back to bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sass 10.22.jpg (16.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #114  

Morning all. Happy Thursday!

Happy – Yeh, your sister will have a bit of a temperature shock, though it is cooling down around here over the next couple days to more normal October temps. Re the yogalaties class – there was no punchcard – this Pilates class is one that you register for and pay a separate fee for. They cost more on a per class basis…so I guess in my mind I expect a higher level of quality from these classes. Re winter boots – oh yeah, the salt does a number on suede and leather, that’s for sure.

Dee – I do think that if you’re really going to cut back on sodium, learning to love spices & other flavorings is key. As well as cooking your own food! Good job on the steps!

Annie – Glad you’re regaining your energy. I hope bf’s mom’s ticker starts working the way it should with the pacemaker in there helping out. For now she has to wear a sling for two weeks so the incision heals properly. ---Yeh, I think oats are one of the healthier breakfast foods out there, as they can be one of the least processed. I generally don’t care for the packets because they can be too sweet. --- I’m gonna PM you my fitbit info in case you want another fitbit buddy. ---Awww, little sleepyhead Sassy.

Shad – Yikes – now you’re extended through Christmas! May the power be with you!

Hellos to the rest of you!
--
Nothing much to report. We didn’t watch the Cubs-Mets game yesterday, but each time we popped in to check on the score, it was more and more painful. As usual – wait ‘til next year.

I ordered a 2nd pair of snow boots yesterday from Kohl's. They are Totes brand, the Rachel model, which has a zipper. I hope they work out. If not, at least I can return them to the store that's close to home.

Tonight I have a hair appointment. I didn’t shop for a dress last night. I might have to shop on Friday night?? Bleh.

Okay, time to post. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #115  
Choose your hard

Morning everyone,

I was supposed to go to an art class today but I cancelled out. Didn't get but 4 hours of sleep so I'm really tired and I have a lot to do yet so I didn't think frittering the day away in art class was the best use of my time. Last night I realized that I changed the system administrator's password to the Shelter software and I must have tossed out the piece of paper I wrote it down on. What a dummy! Now I need to call the help desk and get it reset.

Made some pork chops yesterday with fresh cranberry sauce. Whoo whee that was some tangy sauce. I didn't want to put a ton of sugar in it (and I can't use the artificial stuff) but I did wind up putting about a cup of brown sugar in just to temper it out. I had lots of spice as well as orange zest and juice in there too. The meal came out great. I have half a chicken defrosting - thinking I might toss it in the crockpot (if I get my act together soon) and make a chicken wild rice soup for supper tonight. I have done well this week remembering to defrost things and cook them up. I now have room in my freezer for 2 frozen dinners (the prepared stuff, not real dinners) I told my sister when she comes I will give her a package of my farm bacon but I noticed I only have 3 packages left and the farm lady won't be processing any pork until December so it's a good thing I really like my sister as I would not be giving this away to just any old person

Oh man, I am so tired I really need a nap. I'm telling myself that I should get up and do a few things and then if I have 2 rooms cleaned completely, then I can take a nap. I need to get some fresh groceries too and I sure don't feel like doing that either. I picked up my new glasses yesterday after yoga and I hate them. They are totally not working at all. I told the man who fitted them (and made them) this yesterday and he was pushing back which was making me frustrated. I agreed to take them home to try them out but aside from a slight improvement in distance - FAR distance, everything else is blurry and I see better WITHOUT the glasses. I can't tell you how frustrated I am with these new eyes. All I want to do is see clearly. Why is that so difficult? And if I go back to the store today when I am so tired, he's REALLY going to get an earful!

Annie - glad you are liking the oatmeal. I looked up Oat Fit on MyFitnessPal and it looks pretty good nutrition wise, only issue is - and this is true of all packaged foods - 220mg of sodium is above the recommended 140mg per serving recommended for a low sodium heart diet. BUT all in all, when you consider the convenience factor - I'd rather eat that than grab something on the run. Cute picture of Sassy - getting to the time of year when it's just more inviting to flip to the cool side of the pillow and close your eyes again. To your comment - my DH is like many guys - always telling me what to do and rule don't apply of course the other way. He moved his computer table into his guitar room and the loft area when he moved from now looks like a tornado went through it. Oh well, he can tackle that tomorrow while I take care of the rest of the stuff.

Laura - I can understand how you would expect more out of a more expensive class. I did the same when I was paying an extra fee for classes beyond the regular gym membership. So this 70 degree weather is unseasonably warm for you? I guess it is since it's nearly end of October.

Well I left this post sitting for a while and I should post it and get back to work. My sister called and reminded me she picked up the Portillo's Italian sausage I (or rather DH) wanted so I need to find room in my packed freezer. Good thing tomorrow is trash day. Heave ho the old stuff in the back of the freezer.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #116  
Choose your hard

Oh and bummer about the Cubbies losing Those poor Cubs fans - hopes dashed again.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:48 AM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning all Ya'll.....

So glad it is Friday. Made turkey meatloaf and used fresh tomatos instead of ketchup to mix with, it was quite tasty and C didn't even know it was turkey. Only thing he said is it tasted kind of sweet. I didn't add anything with sugar in it, so I am baffled as to why. Unless it was just the turkey or fresh tomatos. I also used no sodium salt...fake salt to season with. As an added touch I added carrotts. One small baked tater each and steamed an entire head of cauliflower. There is enough left to have dinner tonight as I made 4 taters, just in case that would be the turn out. Yeah me. Did a load of laundry, filled the dishwasher and it was time for bed. I noticed my fitbit said 6666 steps for yesterday so I jumped out of bed and took a few more steps around the room. lol.

HAPPY...you are wearing yourself out for your sister visit. Unless she is a nitpicker, most company do not even notice if you clean or not. Unless there is like an inch of dust on everything. If the toitie is clean, I am happy, for when I ever visit. You need a destress pill. Poor thing, wish I was there to help you sister. Hugs.

LAURA...yes, poor cubbies, that was my grandpa's favorite team. He and I listened to them on the radio under the apple tree many a day when I used to stay with them. Great memory of a wonderful man. Did you find a dress yet? Too bad we don't live closer, I have several dresses in many sizes not ever worn. Thinking of taking them to a consignment shop. A couple even have the price tags on them.

Hello's to the rest of youse. SHADDIE and CHELLE need to come up for air occasionally.

Make it a great Friday/night. Have a marvelous weekend.

Love, Hugs and prayers for all of us.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:22 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
I'm working an extra day. L has court today. My glasses are ready so I'll pick them up Thursday before my appointment.
My aunt called me last night to tell me that IRS had called her and left a message. These people are brave. It was on the news last night that this was a scam.
Did manage to get my 20 active minutes yesterday by riding my stationary bicycle but was short of my goal for steps. Will do better today.
I need to schedule a couple of doctor's appointment's today one with a cardiologist and one with the ob/gyn. Now that I've been to the new NEA(north east Arkansas) clinic I feel better about how to get there. May have to ask for directions once I get inside.
------
Happy
Whew you need to slow down. Don't feel bad about taking a nap in the afternoon. I have been doing that on Thursday's and some times on Friday's. Going to start scheduling a different bed time during my work days. I don't get enough sleep when I work 12 hour shifts. Hadn't thought about cranberry sauce with pork chops. May have to try this.

Annie
Aw what a cute picture of Sassy. Glad you are feeling better. You are taking the food seriously. I need to do this. I cannot, however, stand the taste of turkey. Have been eating more boiled and baked chicken though. Still way to many calories.
These little gadgets, fitbit, are motivational for me also. I have yet to get 10,000 steps except when I was in Texas last spring. My highest has been 8400 steps.

Dee
You are doing great on the steps. Do you have the fitbit app on your phone?

Terra
Happy belated birthday.

Shad, Laura, Michelle, and Susie, Hello.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA and CEEG, please email me your fitbit name so I can friend you. Thanks
Old 10-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #120  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

Happy Belated Birthday, Terra!

Annie - I've been thinking about you a lot...hope you're doing ok. I'll let you know my Fitbit name once I get it set up (hopefully tonight).

=======================

Sorry...no time for other personals...I hope you're all doing well.

Things have been super busy at work. I've been working overtime, which thankfully, I get paid for being an hourly contract employee and not on salary. With the long hours, I haven't gotten to the dog park as often as I'd like, but we went yesterday, which was fun. The Humane Society contacted me and will likely bring me in for a 2nd interview next week or the week after.

The next 5K is tomorrow morning. I'm doing it with my friend K. Unfortunately no doggies allowed, but the upside of that is that we can run for part of it. Our senior dogs (her dog is 9 and Santa is 10) don't like running a whole bunch. It should be a fun time. I'll be seeing K this evening as we're driving to WLS support group together. And I think on Sunday she and I are going to see the new Bill Murray movie "Rock the Casbah".

She and I saw the movie "He Named Me Malala" last weekend, which was really, really good. I highly recommend it...but it's not appropriate for children under 13 or 14 because of the violent themes of war and terrorism (not a lot of violence in the movie....mostly the aftermath of the violence).

Oh...one other really cool thing....I've wanted to learn how to play the guitar for my entire adult life...but my ex-husband John always said guitars are too expensive...blah blah blah. Then a friend of mine commented on Facebook about how she's glad to be playing guitar again, and that spurred me on to learn. My cousin in San Diego who has played guitar since he was a kid, recommended some good beginner guitar brands and models to me....and he even offered if I could drive down to San Diego, I could borrow one of his and he'd give me lessons. Well, I probably won't be able to schedule that 10 hour drive until after the first of the year, but I will definitely take him up on this. In the meantime, I posted on Facebook to my friends if they knew of anywhere I could buy a cheap used guitar or borrow one, and one of my friends from my WLS support group said she had one I could borrow just to see if I like it before making the investment. She's going to bring it to group tonight! Wooo Hooo!! I'm super excited. I checked out a few "teach yourself guitar" books from the library...and this weekend that's what I'm going to do (when I'm not running, working or seeing the movie)!

Lots of love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote