Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 10:29 AM   #181  
Give peace a chance.

Default Good morning!!

Michelle--how great to hear from you,and what wonderful co-workers you have. A real heart-warmer!

DH had insisted I go to work Thur. (Wed. DS and DD looked after him), but Fri., I insisted on staying home. We went to his regular dr., who gave him medicine for his sore throat. We also got him a hospital bed. This a.m. he seems a little better than yesterday.

So I am trying to focus on doing what I can and let the rest go.

Catlover
Old 09-22-2003, 03:08 AM   #182  
Mooz

Good Mornin' Chickies - just a quick call before work. I didn't lose any weigh this week but then I didn't gain any so I suppose that is OK. Mind you my eating could have been much better this weekend I am feeling a bit down this morning - maybe it is because it is Monday - maybe it is because it is raining - maybe it is because this is Sinead's last week at home before she goes back to university - maybe it is all 3 put together but I want to feel more upbeat. Anyway if I control the things that I can - mainly eating maybe I will feel better.

Sorry I have not got time to talk to you all today ...........

Michelle - great to her from you and great also that you are getting to see your mum and dad. There are some really good people in this world.

Have a nice dy all

Into action

Your most treasured dreams are far too valuable to be hidden away. Instead, put them into action so that they become real and vibrant contributions to your world.
Every moment will be filled with some activity or another. So fill as many of those moments as you can today with positive action. You're always moving in some direction or another. So move steadily in the direction of those things you value and treasure most.

It can be all too easy to get caught up in the empty distractions that continually come your way. But do you really want to waste your time and energy on them when there is so much more you can be doing?

Pick the most positive, valuable, magnificent thing you can imagine and put it into action. Let it fill your thoughts and fill your moments.

When each action, no matter what it may be, is taken as a step toward what you treasure most, the power of joy and purpose will fill your efforts. Put your dreams into action, and put your own special value into life.

-- Ralph Marston

Old 09-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #183  
Give peace a chance.

Default good evening

Mooz--sorry you're feeling down. Do something nice for yourself.

I am still not able to get my calories counter to work right. It's rather unforgiving--you can't "erase" mistakes. Feel pretty dumb.

Still my eating and exercise were good today (so far?)

WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE?

cATLOVER
Old 09-22-2003, 09:35 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Evening Ladies:

Catlover -- You are so correct, our site is rather quiet. I believe everyone is just getting into the swing of things for the beginning of the week. Dr. Phil is on again tonight and I believe it is the weight show--I'm not sure but I will check it out.

I have been counting points and not really writing them down, but when you keep it simple and eat 5 pts. for breakfast, 4 pts. for lunch, I pretty much have enough pts. left for dinner, plus a snack later on. I am very determined to weigh in October 1st or the 2nd, before I go back home for vacation. I am keeping myself very busy and the last two evenings I have made small baked potatoes in the oven and they taste so much better than in the micro. I have at least one or two of my Hershey cookies each day and I enjoy every morsel.

Michellez -- It was great to hear from you and that is really wonderful what your co-workers did for you. You are a "wonderful" person and you deserve the very best! Sometimes things look rather bleak but then you see a ray of sunshine.

Mooz -- It's always great to hear from you--I know it is different now that you are working. Since I am only working one-day a week, those 6 days go by before I know it. Even if you just sign in and let us know you are doing well, that is fine!

Well I had better get off the internet so I can get ready for Dr. Phil. I do believe he has some good ideas but I am still unhappy that he has come out with vitamins, shakes and bars and who knows what else.

Take care,
Anita
Old 09-22-2003, 10:34 PM   #185  

Evenin' Chicks~~
I have really been away from the computer alot lately. And it looks like alot of us have been rather busy. Thought i'd do a quick post this evening to let you know i'm still here

~~~NITA~~~I too, am dissapointed in Dr. Phil--coming out w/the vits, bars and shakes. First he says to eat "real food" and then he offers these. That just sounds like more P.R. for his "program". I suppose some marketing "genius" helped him w/all of this and he went for it. I know alot of what he says is sound advice, but i just am not happy about this whole "reality" thing w/the 13 people in the house and 5 have to "go" soon. Sounds like alot of the other reality shows that i dislike. Too bad it all went that way.

Has it cooled off any in Phoenix ?? My MIL doesn't seem to use her oven much at all, never for baked potatoes, and i agree with you they taste sooo much better from the oven. Sometimes i pre-bake them in the micro if it's a hot day and i don't want the oven on for so long, but finishing them in the oven does make a huge difference in taste. I esp. like eating the skins too so that is where alot of the crispy -like texture comes from when baked in the oven.

I know by counting the points and doing the exercise you will take off what you want to before your vacation/trip. You will succeed!

~~~CAT~~~sorry to hear that Avon calorie device is a pain to work with. Makes it very hard to get into a groove to use it i'm sure. Maybe check the message boards to see if anyone else uses it, they sometimes have tips on what they find out on usage.

How is DH healing? Are your children available to help out somewhat?

~~~MOOZ~~sorry to hear you've been down in the dumps. I get like that on & off too. Seems like it might go w/the female cycles too. Get so moody then. I'm sure having your job helps immensely. I miss mine alot more lately, cause i did get to see alot of people in a day and now i see very few...somedays no one if i get in that stay-at-home rut. I think i will try hard to find a bit of work this winter in Arizona. I would like either computer work, or selling jewelry of all things! I love looking at the stuff. Tho' i barely wear any i really enjoy learning about it.

Well, chicks. Hope you all have a restful night and wake refreshed and recharged to take on the day. I will try hard to get on and post tomorrow too. Miss all the absentees...how are our teachers? I'm sure they are working long days and trying to stay OP. Wish you all well and hope a few can pop in soon to liven this place up!

--still weighing in the same exact weight --thinlizzie
Old 09-22-2003, 11:18 PM   #186  
Give peace a chance.

Default good night

Nita--sounds like you've got the perfect job!

Thin--checking the web site is a good idea.

DH is healing pretty well. Actually he seemed to be doing so well right at first, then he got the sore throat and was so tired. (At first he was reading and talking, but not doing either for a couple of days. Now he's back to magazines, but not books.

'nite to all
Old 09-23-2003, 03:30 AM   #187  
Mooz

Mornin' chickies - I am feeling more back to normal today - it was probably the 'Monday Morning Blues'. It is much colder here now - we have even had some hail showers! My eating was good yesterday except for some liquorice allsorts that I gave in to Someone had bought them for my mother and she opened the packet yesterday - I just cannot resist them and would never buy them because of that. Someone said that they have a laxative effect so I am hoping for that
Today will be a better day.

Shad had the following posted in her journal today and I thought it was good.

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Last edited by mooz49; 09-23-2003 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:17 AM   #188  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Good morning gang, you guys are right it is very quiet here I have been checking in daily but alot of times mine was the last post. The weather here has been beautiful you would think that is was still summer. I was out walking last night at 9:00 wearing only a tank top and a pair of tights. WOW it is hard to believe. It is raining here this morning but the sun is trying to come out. We all have been wearing shorts to the playground everyday. Well enough bragging about our weather. I have started my second week of phase 1 at the beach and it has been going rather well have a stop drooling everytime I look at a piece of fruit It is going better than I thought. Anyone who wants to lood at the diet it is at www.prevention.com. I have lost 5 pounds in the first week and I am never hungry nor am I craving anything sweet. ( I did for the first few days.) I think that I may have found a diet that I can stick with. I am going to pick up my dress Friday night that I ordered for my sister's wedding I am excited to try it on. Hopefully that will give me the incentive to keep on track. I really want to have a smaller body. Well my chicky friends keep up the good work and keep on smiling because life is good.
to all who need them.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:24 PM   #189  

Hello Ladies,

Things are hetic around here. My computer is still in the shop, so i'm only able to post at work. Yesterday I was in a meeting all day, so today i'm pretty busy. Still on SBD, monday was the end of phase 1 & I around 7 lbs. On phase 2 you incorporate a fruit or good carb each day...

Mitchellez - Oh what great friends you have at work. I'm so glad that you are going to see your parents. Will say a special prayer for all your co-workers...

LittleChick - WTG on your 5lb loss... I think I had lost 5 the first week two. I wish I had exercised during phase 1... I do not crave sweets at all.

oops.. need to run... will finish later..
Old 09-23-2003, 02:28 PM   #190  

It's great to see so many posts today. I knew it was just starting the new week.

CONGRATS to you Chick for the loss of those 5 lbs. which are now gone forever. You and 1Day are sure an inspiration to me. Even though I am not following the Beach program exactly, I am incorporating some of their recipes.

Thin -- It was starting to get cooler in the mornings and I was able to do my treadmill. However, this morning it was already 84 degrees. I can hardly wait for it to get cooler! I have to totally agree with you in regards to Dr. Phil. However, I am going to watch it again this evening to see who he leaves go. I did order his book, however, I won't receive it until I get back from vacation. I liked the idea of those ladies taking it upon themselves to get rid of the fat foods. And yet Dr. Phil said they should have consulted the other dieters.

I am not sure I mentioned this but I ordered a Total Body Trainer by Jake. I seen it on TV one evening and the cost was only $150 and no shipping charges. You can see this on www.nowalkingshopping.com/body-by-jake.htm If you don't see any results in 30 days you can it back and get a complete refund. It is so much easier to just go out in the garage and exercise than it is to go to the gym.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Anita
Old 09-23-2003, 06:39 PM   #191  

Hello chicks~~
Was a busy day. I went to help my DH work on his brothers house today. His brother only gets weekends off now, the 3 day weekends and vacation are all used up--but the project is just moving too slowly!! so he and i tore down old plaster board that he wants gone. I had to climb a tall ladder and walk on the flat gargage roof and throw the boards into the dumpster. At first i did not want to get off the ladder, but after awhile i got over my fear. I really am lame at construction! But since this was "de-struction" ...i figured i could be of some help. I am just not as strong as a guy, so the days they did the roofing i did not even try to help. No way can i lift a stack of shingles! I know that i would hurt my back trying. Anyway, i can't wait for his brother to come home from work today to see the progress we made. He will be amazed. So i did get a workout in that way today. Sweating even tho it was only like 50 degrees here. The sun finally did come out about mid-day, so it looks nicer at least. The temps sound as if they will stay this way for the next week too! YIKES!

~~LITTLE CHICK~~wish you could send me some of those temps, or ~~NITA~~in AZ could send some heat up here !
LC--you sound so full of energy with the SBD. YGG~~ on the weight loss! That is fantastic. And no cravings...really?? I don't know how i'd make it those first days when it's bad. Can you still have coffee? That would be about impossible to quit!

~~1DAY~~you don't crave anything with real sugar either?? I cannot believe how great that "diet" or lifestyle works! Or is it harder when you get to Phase 2?? I think adding "some" sugars or good carbs back might just make me want them right back again!? I don't know until i try it i guess. But i know i need to clean out the cupboards here before i start anything like SBD.

Did any of you see that guy on the Today show this morn? He explained how the high fructose corn syrup in foods is what is making us fatter. I was amazed to see all the things it's found in! Even this Natures Ovens high fiber bread has it! And that was my favorite.
Quote:
Fructose, on the other hand, does not release or stimulate insulin. Insulin is a naturally occurring hormone that helps to metabolize our foods by pushing carbohydrates into our muscle cells to be used as energy, and allows carbohydrates to be stored in our liver for later use. It also stimulates production of another hormone, leptin, which helps to regulate our storage of body fat and increases our metabolism when needed. These two hormones keep our body fat regulated and tells us, for all intent purposes, when we are satisfied and sends the message to our brain to stop eating.
I think i will be checking further into that. Here is the web page on it if you missed it.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/970123.asp

~~NITA~~i've seen that body-by-Jake thing before ...it looks very good. When do you think it will arrive? Hope you really enjoy and use it alot. I could sure use some tricep/bicep work. My arms just are not toned at all.
I suppose losing at least 12# or up to 15 would help also!

Hi to all the rest and i will check in tomorrow!
thinlizzie
Old 09-23-2003, 06:59 PM   #192  

Hi Thin,

Just to let you know the exercise machine came today by US Mail. While I was at bowling my DH started putting it together but didn't realize the instructions were in the box with the video. We are going to finish putting it together tomorrow morning when it is cooler in the garage. I am really impressed with the booklets that came with the machine and when I get off the internet we are going to watch the video because it also gives instructions on how to put it together. Not having the 2nd car has given me a great place for exercise equipment. I already have a large fan out there as well as the TV. I am getting excited! Supposedly in just 30 days I will see some results or else I can send the machine back for a full refund! However, I am thinking positive. I already noticed in one of the booklets he, too, is using the low glycemic foods on his program.

I have really cut down on the amount of food I am eating (just ate a half of a sandwich at lunch and one of my "diet" cookies, and it is amazing how great I feel. I had to go to the dentist today because having lost all that weight has shifted things in my mouth so I need to have my partials relined. He did do some adjustments today but said he didn't want to do the relining until my mouth heals. He must have done some good because my mouth is almost back to normal.

Thin, I almost forgot we are supposed to get rain starting tomorrow because of the hurricane that hit CA and the sun has gone and there actually is a breeze outside.

Well I am going to go and watch the tape.

Take care, and I can't wait for you to come back to AZ

Anita
Old 09-23-2003, 08:06 PM   #193  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Hi girls, another great day here rainy but so warm, I have my windows open and the fans going. Simply amazing for this time of year.

Nita-your new piece of equipment sounds cool I am sure it will work wonders for you. Keep up the good work.

Thin- I would never ever ever get up on a ladder past the second rung heights terrify me. But I am sure you got a great work out destructing.

oneday- I have not noticed the scales going anywhere in the last few days. But I will not let it get to me. I just really want to see it go under that 150 then I will be happy. I just started the second week of phase 1 today. I will be glad when I can start adding a little fruit.

Well my chickies have a great night and I will check in again tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:14 AM   #194  
Mooz

Hi there chickies!! I can hardly believe that tomorrow is Thursday again - where does the time go I am doing so-so on the eating so I will have to try harder. I did get for a 2 mile walk yesterday though.

Littlechick = good that you will soon be able to eat your fruit - I would miss it so much.

Nita - I hope you enjoy your new piece of exercise equipment.

Thin - building houses now - a woman of many talents!!

Patty - hope you get your computer back soon as I'm sure you miss it.

Catlover - hope your DH keeps on improving.

Michelle, Chacha, Mej, Halgal and anyone I have forgotten hope to hear from you soon.

Big bold step

The more time you spend outside your comfort zone, the more comfortable and familiar that new territory becomes. Before long, your comfort zone has been enlarged, and your positive possibilities have grown along with it.
To move forward, you must be willing to continually go beyond what is familiar and comfortable. Sure it can seem a bit frightening and intimidating at first, but it pays to persist. For soon enough, what was once new and intimidating can become positively exhilarating. Soon enough, you'll wonder why you ever entertained even a moment's hesitation.

The world is overflowing with new places, things, people, ideas, challenges and experiences. They are all out there ready to be discovered and met and explored. You cannot now know what positive value they'll bring to your life, but you can know this. They are most certainly worth the effort and courage it takes to overcome any apprehension you may have about venturing out to meet them.

On a regular basis, take a big, bold step away from the comfortable and familiar. What you discover will astound and delight you.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 09-24-2003, 01:26 PM   #195  

Good Morning Ladies,

Well it took an hour and a half to put the rest of the Body by Jake together. My DH had started it but he was unable to finish it. As a result I had to finish it and would you believe we had it totally backwards and it took another half hour to put it together correctly. I do believe it will do what it says as long as I adhere to the schedule they have set up. Not taking any chances I already had done my walk on the treadmill. And I did weigh myself today and was 140 which means as long as I lose 1 lb. between today and next Wed or Thurs I can weigh in for free. Even though you weigh light in the morning after breakfast and lunch we tend to put on a pound or so. I have been watching Dr. Phil and some of what he says to these people is motivating. It will be interesting to see who he keeps and who he sends on their way. It seems all of them are really desperate to get out of their "fat" bodies and start living. We are so lucky we have a place to vent our frustrations, and as a result, are being successful.

It is only going to be 98 degrees today, however, it is very humid and still necessary to keep the house closed up and run the air-conditioner.

Well tomorrow is Thursday again and my six-day weekend is over. I will be going to work and starting at 7:00 a.m. so I can leave in the early afternoon. I only have 2 more weeks before my vacation and reunion and I am getting excited!

Take care,
Anita
Closed Thread