Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #121  

Morning all.*

Ceejay – The sneakers I bought are Brooks, Adrenaline GTS13.* Brooks has come out with a newer model GTS14, so I was able to get a good deal on these at an online shoe site.* They are supposed to be a very supportive shoe and are rated well, so I hope I like them.*

Terra – I’m doing pretty good – my gut is finally feeling more back to normal.* I hope this “irregularity” doesn’t become a frequent issue.* Sorry if that’s TMI, lol.* I hadn’t thought about the Habitat store for area rugs.* Did you find some nice ones?*

Michelle – Hope Santa’s well on his way to being back to 100%.* I caught Coal eating something in the yard this morning.* Aaaargh!!* It happens so fast you can’t do much about it once they’ve got it in their mouth!!* Hope* whatever it was doesn’t give him problems.* Speaking of eating…Coal has a tendency to eat his dinner so fast, he sometimes even gacks it back up.* And I know eating that fast can lead to all kinds of other problems.* We just bought a doohickey with a suction cup that gets stuck to the center of his food bowl and has a big dog bone-shaped rubber piece sticking up and therefore blocking the entire center part of his bowl.* We’ve used it a few days now and it certainly forces him to eat more slowly.* The other option was a bowl with a built in dome in the center of it, but this thing (Gobble Stopper?) allows us to use our existing bowl, which is great because BF made Coal a raised feeding station that fits his food and water bowls perfectly.* Is Santa a gobbler or does he let his kibble sit around until the mood strikes him?* Do you have all of your travel plans firmed up for your upcoming vacation?*

Susie – If I weren’t trying out the Brooks brand of sneakers, I’d be staying with New Balance.* I was thinking of going to a store and getting fitted, but I still think it’s a matter of trying them out a bit longer at home to get the feel of the shoe and then making a determination if they’ll work out.** So I ended up ordering online.* I want to buy some new boots this year too.* I definitely want to buy a pair of taller snow boots – my only pair is a short pair.* I also wouldn’t mind trying to find some leather boots.* I imagine they’ll still be as popular as they were the past couple years.* I’d probably go with a very low-heeled, almost flat boot.*

Shad – Funny how days get away from you when you’re keeping busy.* Hope you’re getting some downtime too.*

Happy – You must be missing your dh and kitties a LOT by now.* I don’t recall you mentioning dh coming to pick you up from Chicago or some other point in between, so I’ll assume you’re flying back.* Enjoy the rest of your time here, and don’t let your mom drive you too bonkers, LOL!*

Hi Annie!*

==

Nothing much to report*today.* I set up an afternoon training session (to be conducted by the software company) for the software our department uses.* I hope it goes well.* I’ve had bad experiences in the past.*

That’s it for me.* TTFN.*

Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #122  

Again with the *'s. Oh well.

Michelle - Glad Santa's back to his usual self.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #123  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Helloooo Seesters.....

Been spending a lot of time with the grandbabes lately. So much fun and growing like weeds. Jacob is fight a sinus infection. Royce is healthy as a horse. Ainsley went back to school last week so don't get to see her much these days. Her school is about 15 minutes north of Indy and of course we all live on the SE side of Indy. She is turning into a beautiful young lady.

Going to cut grass here shortly, then mop the floors. Got the sheets on beds done early and the beds are back together.... Tomorrow is dusting, vacuuming and scouring....then Saturday is cooking for my son's bd. They will all be here around 5 pm, so I will have all day to get my act together.

Got my fingerprinting done on Monday. This is the second job I have had to be fingerprinted and background checked. I passed the first time and am certain I have not committed any crimes since that either...lol

Got one batch of salsa made so far from the garden. I just know all these tomatos are going to turn at once. I have been freezing my jalapenos as they are growing like crazy. I have harvested chives twice and ready to again, basil is an ongoing harvest weekly. Had 4 zucchini's then the plants took a nose dive and died. Only had two yellow squash. Cucumbers are not doing well either. bleh. Too much rain.

That is about all for me, excited to start work on the 8th, then will wish for days off. haha.

Love and hugs sweet sisters.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #124  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm going to write this now so I won't come back here tonight and have to say whoops the day got away from me. Yesterday was dentist day, so I came out of that somewhat lighter in the wallet and need to go back Friday week since a filling or two have cracked. The one up the front is to be replaced next week, and one other will have to be done soon. Dentists are expensive. Bah humbug.

So I have finished making up the garden beds and two are planted out with lettuces, spinach, beans, capsicum (bell peppers) corn, beetroot and onions. I have some peas, snowpeas, and more onions to plant in the third bed this morning. Then I need to start tidying up the rest of the yard and finishing off the hedge. I've also done half of the venetians around the house and washed more floors than I thought I had floors to wash - some have been done twice already.

Michelle - good to hear that Santa is getting better and not being sick anymore. So hard when they can't tell us what is wrong.

Ceejay - terrible thing to happen on your street. Can understand the fear that you and the neighbour are experiencing. The whole world seems to be going to **** in a handcart.

Laura - Interesting layout with all those **** in the text. Wonder what is causing them. Must be a setting on the phone. Should have let me know, I would have come over and done the training for your software rollout. It can't be much harder than some of the SAP training that I have done.

Susie - good luck with the new shoes. I find I have to wear 'Dasics' shoes because I have such wide flat feet. Anything else is too narrow for me.

Annie - so bright and cheerful today - you must be overjoyed at working again. Hope it will be a successful relationship and a happy job for you. You deserve it.

Terra - how's the walking going?

Happy - must only be one more week away for you. Enjoy the time with Mum. Don't let the 'foibles' get at you. Nice to hear that you met up with friends again. They are the best, the old friends.

Better get out and put these plants in the ground before the heat hits this morning. We've had a couple of days without wind and it has been very pleasant but it seems like it is back today. Seems funny to say that there is wind chill factor when you are in the tropics but that wind from the west and straight off the desert is cold. See you later.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #125  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Not much going on. Met with some favorite cousins for lunch - had a nice time. He is a retired policeman - hit by a truck on duty and he is just messed us so bad. But he was in good spirits and it did him good to get out and have some social time. We had a very nice lunch and BIL and nephew enjoyed a nice dinner from our abundant leftovers. Sis is doing a bit better - the pounding throbbing in her jaw has subsided - tooth is still tender and she's on soft foods but as long as the abscess pain has calmed a bit she said she is good with that. We are sticking close to home - this is a quiet "vacation". I will go back to Mum's over the weekend to finish out the week. Not looking forward to it as the temperatures are climbing into the 90's with sticky heat indexes. Mum promises to run the air conditioning. I am trying not to be a whiner and to remember that I came to visit her and it's only a week which I can handle. DH said it's cooler - in the mid 60's up by us so autumn is on it's way. He is having a ball - NOT - with resealing the basement and ripping out the last of the carpet and moving things around. I do wish I was there to help him. He said the cats are really vying for his attention and the younger one wants to play with the string at least 5 times a day and is getting quite vocal in her demands.

Shad - no kidding about the expensive dentist. Insurance doesn't cover much at all there. I have a couple of crowns to replace, my mouth costs more than my cars But we do need teeth... Sounds like you have a nice cool weather garden going in. I take it that it's too early for the tomatoes? Have you finished the interior remodelling that you had planned? All done now, only the outside pavements to finish up or did you complete that project too? Do you still have the rain tank? Thank you for the reminder to enjoy my time with Mum - I will remember that when she hollers at me for setting the thermostat one degree lower than she likes it or when I open the blinds to let some light into the dark house.

Annie - sounds like you have a nice couple of weeks to relax (??) and at least tackle some things with a positive feeling that you have time off and a paycheck will soon be on it's way again. Doesn't make up for the last few months of fretting but it's good to know that happy days are hear again. Enjoy them like you say because you will be shy on any time off until the end of the year. Glad you are having fun with the kidlets and getting some of that garden produce picked and packed. What do you do with your chives? I have a huge clump of them but I heard they will lose their flavor if dried out - do you freeze them?

Very odd - my nephew who gave up his room for me to sleep in and is a night owl much more than me appears to have gone to bed for the night. Already. It's midnight - guess I should head upstairs myself.

Laura - yes, this year I am flying back, next year I might fly in for a week and DH come down for a few days and we will get a hotel up north closer to the places like the Botanical Garden we want to visit and drive back together. And I do miss DH and my kitties very much by now. I have video chatted with him on FB but I still miss him. Yuck about Coal's tasty yard surprise but like you said - not much you can do about it after the fact. That bone thing sounded interesting. I used a small tart like ring mold for Nina when she was a kitten to slow down her eating - coming from a shelter she had to fight for food I imagine as she was one of the smallest cats in the common room so she was a bit of a piggy. Those devices do work.

Susie - my sister said there is an Asics running shoe that was recommended to her for the plantar fascitis. I can find the exact model if you are interested. SHe also had to break her habit of walking around barefoot but got some nice open shoes with good support so she can keep that barefoot feeling. I like New Balance myself for all around support and comfort.

Ceejay - oh my gosh - that break in had to be just horrid as more details come out. That poor woman! Did she have a window open or something? I hope you are not still unnerved about it. Good for you for burning off all of that energy cleaning.

Terra - have you had any chance to do more work on your quilt? What did you decide on for dinner at Free Birds?

Michelle - hope you got your project well underway. As you say, a nice diversion - got all the kinks caught and fixed from the name change? I'm very glad to hear that Santa's illness was a short blip. Maybe the heat is getting to him sometimes also.

I'd better get to bed now. Have a good night everyone.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:59 AM   #126  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Im glad your gut is feeling back to normal, Dont worry your message wasnt TMI. Yeah the area rugs we got are really pretty I'll post a picture of them.

Shad ~ My walking is going good. What do you do again for exercise?

Happy ~ Yes I have, I will add a picture to this post. I had a free bird burrito from freebirds. It was very good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 5:30 am this morning and I was out walking by 7 am and then around 9:30 am I waited outside for my bus and then I got to school a little after 10:30 am and I was there until 3:30 pm and thats all I did today. Since I got up early this morning I took a late nap and I didnt set my alarm so I didnt wake up until 9:30 pm so I'll be sure to set my alarm if I take a nap again so I can still get up and do my 2 mile evening walk. Well its taking forever to load and its almost 1 am so Im gonna go ahead and go to bed but I'll try to up load the pictures again tomorrow morning. Night all.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #127  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. Work day today is a play day. We have a Department canoe outing. More team building......

Tomorrow we go for DH's CTA Chest scan. This is the mapping of his heart that they will do before his ablation surgery next Friday morning. I am a bit anxious about the test tomorrow. I hope it all comes back good with no additional problems so that we can get the ablation over with the next week. THAT I am a anxious about.

I am posting before leaving for work so I will have to do personals at another time.

I do want to let Michelle know that I am happy that Santa is feeling better. It's scary when our fur babies are not themselves and we don't know what is wrong.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #128  
Turning Into A New Woman

Old 08-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #129  

Morning all.* Muggy and rainy today*– that made for an icky walk to the train station this morning.* And downtown, the sidewalks were crowded with pedestrians and their umbrellas – makes for difficult navigation.* But I’m here, cool and dry now.*

++

Annie – I’m so glad you’ve got this extra time to spend with the grandbabies, and during the summer!* I know a paycheck would be much appreciated by now, but enjoy this free time while you can.* Sounds like a nice harvest from the veggie garden this year, except for the squash and cukes…I have a ton of tomatoes on my plants, but only the cherry tomatoes are ripening much so far.* Fingers crossed the plum tomatoes start ripening soon – I’d like to make some salsa too!!

Shad – My sympathies to your wallet after the dentist visit and for the appointment to come. What a lot of work you’re doing in the garden and around the house!* I confess to being pretty horrible with the housework.* I think I need to shift my mindset to getting it done on weeknight evenings.* A lot of that time all I do is sit around watching TV – waste of time (when I should be exercising…).* Re the software training – I have no doubt you could have done this session with ease – this is a very user friendly application vs SAP.* I’m a very casual user of SAP, but I still remember way back when so much of the German was still evident on the screens, lol.

Happy – So nice you’re getting to see friends and family in the area.* Are you enjoying not having so much going on – no volunteer work, no gardening – just hanging out and socializing?* LOL re the AC battle – I got a chuckle out of a TV commercial I saw the other day in which the hubby unsuccessfully tried to teach the family cat to adjust the thermostat while he distracted his wife. *I find when I’m just sitting around, I’m fine with a higher temp setting and a glass of ice water.* Once I start moving around though, that’s it – crank the air!* Yes, I think those pet food bowls with the dome in the center (I’ve learned they’re called “slow feeders”) act much like a ring mold – keeps the pet from getting their entire head in the bowl and gobbling up massive quantities in one go.*

Terra – Sounds like you were up late after that long nap, LOL.* I always worry if I take a nap I’ll end up not being able to sleep at bedtime.* Not a good thing on a Sunday night with work the next day.* Every time you mention the burritos I want one too!* I love Mexican food!!* Just saw your photos – I like the M*A*S*H t-shirt!* And the rugs are pretty – especially the one with larger leaf design.* Nice.*

Susie – Nice when work is a play day.* Canoeing?* That doesn’t sound like something that would have wide appeal (though I’d like it, weather permitting).* What’s the alternate activity??* I hope your dh’s scan goes well*tomorrow!*

*Michelle – How’s the graphic design going?* Must be a nice change of pace from your usual work.*

Hi Ceejay!!

~~

I didn’t do much of anything last night.* I’ve been quite the sloth lately.* I finally put a new battery in my pedometer and wore it yesterday for the first time in a long time – had about 6600 steps.* So far*today*I have 3,339 steps.* It helps when I have to walk from home to the train station.* I don’t think many steps register when I ride my bike.* I might have to check it right before I get on the bike and right after to confirm that.*

I missed my pushups*today, but it seems I can only do 10 or 11 the past several days, so I try to do another set in the evening as well as the morning.*

Today’s a WW meeting, but I have a lunchtime session that overlaps both possible WW meeting times, so I might just go and get weighed in and not stay for the meeting.*

I’m taking a half day off work tomorrow.* My friend D invited me to the annual lake cruise held by her Industry group.* We board just before*4 pm, but my friend was going to pick me up from my office before that.* Now that I’ve decided to take a half day off work, I’ll have to work out a different something different with her because I plan to leave the office around*12:30-ish, take myself out to lunch, and maybe go to the Art Institute or walk around Millennium Park for a bit before meeting her.* I still haven’t seen the Lurie Garden over there!*

Okay, enough rambling.* TTFN.*

Last edited by Laura705; 08-21-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Had a fairly typical evening yesterday. After work I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the bike, then grabbed a Subway sandwich, and then went to the weight loss support group. Each time I go to group I learn something new. One woman just had her surgery a week ago, and she was feeling nauseous, but she said that each day it gets a little better. After group, I picked up Santa and even though it was about 1/2 hour 'til sunset, we went for a quick visit to the dog park. Tonight will be the gym, followed by the dog park. I'm roughly 2 lbs away from where I can call in to get my pre-surgery psych eval scheduled. They're kind of backed up, so I want to lose the 2 lbs ASAP!

Speaking of the dog park, one of my friends from the dog park found out yesterday that a very good friend of his was killed in a hiking accident. He was just 46. He left behind a wife and daughter. So very sad.

I'm finalizing the logistics for my trip to Washington and Oregon. And I'm using AirBnB.com to find accommodations for the nights when I'm not staying near the wedding location or with friends. Also, I ordered several protein powder samples because since I'll have Santa with me on my trip, my food options will be limited. No sit down restaurants, at least not when it's hot out. I intend to keep some healthy food in a cooler (like string cheese), but it will be super convenient to just throw protein powder in a shaker bottle with water and call it lunch.

The graphic design is going well. I'm just waiting on comments/revisions from my director.

I watched the Extreme Weight Loss episode from a couple weeks ago where a woman who is a "little person" lost a lot of weight and took up running. Within the first three months, she ran an entire 5K and by 6 months, she ran a marathon. She said she always admired people who run. Running's never been my thing...too hard on the knees, feet, back, hips, etc. But I am always envious of those who hike. My cousin Sue has been posting photos from all her hikes. She did a month-long trek of the Appalachain Trail. I don't mean I want to take up backpacking. I like camping, but prefer to haul my gear in a car rather than on my back. But I REALLY REALLY want to do some hiking by spring or summer next year.

=================================
Laura - Good on ya' for getting new sneakers. I really need to do that too, but I keep postponing it because I don't do very much weight bearing exercise. I'm glad your gut is back to normal. Thanks for the tip about the food bowls. Yes, Santa does eat fast especially with wet food so that may have contributed to his not feeling well. It was also kind of hot when we went to the dog park on Sunday. We should've waited an hour 'til the air cooled off some. Glad you got to work ok, despite an icky walk. Do the trains ever have delays due to rain? I totally hear ya' about watching TV on weeknight evenings. I would do that too if I went straight home after work. That's why I go straight to the gym. I always keep workout clothes in my car. Since you take public transportation, it would be quite a lot to lug around to and from work. Pedometers don't always work well with bike riding, you could use MyFitnessPal to calculate your calorie burned based on time spend riding. Good luck at weigh in. So nice that you're going on a lake cruise with your friend. I've been to Millennium Park (that's where the "Bean" is right?). But I haven't seen the Lurie Garden.

Annie - Glad you're enjoying time with the grandkids. So sorry to hear that lil Jacob has a sinus infection. Bummer that the rain hampered some of your garden harvest. I wish you could send some rain our way.

Shad - Why is it that dentists cause so much pain to our mouths AND wallets? I wish insurance would pay for more of the services. Good that you're getting your garden plants in. Are you planting any rocket (that's arugula, right)?

Happy - Glad you're enjoying a nice time with relatives. And good to hear that your sister's mouth is doing a little better. I can also echo the sentiments to be grateful for the "drive you crazy" moments with your mum. Do the ring molds you're talking about to slow feeding look sort of like a mini Bundt cake pan?

Terra - You're quilt is really coming together. And I really like the rugs you got.

Susie - I hope you're able to find something to relieve your foot pain.

Ceejay - Your cleaning and mopping does count as exercise. I hope your neighbor is doing ok. Such a frightful situation.

Well, time to get back to it.

Much love to all,
Old 08-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #131  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura & Michelle ~ Thanks for commenting on my t-shirt quilt and rugs. I sorry every time I mention FreeBirds Burrito's it makes you want one Laura. I like mexican food too.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #132  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Cool and drizzly here this morning so I guess some of the indoor chores will get done rather than working outside. The garden planters are now all planted out and they are starting to forge ahead. The rain can only do good at this point. Now that is nearly done, I can get on with something else now. It's not as if there is a shortage of work around the place.

DS2 is going away for the weekend, so I have inherited his cat for tonight and Saturday night. I will go around there this afternoon to take the food scraps for the worm farm and pick up the cat. Miss Sunday will not be amused.

So, on today's menu is finishing off the Venetian blind cleaning, getting into my wardrobe and clearing some junk out of there, clean out the fridge and pantry and dust, tidy and sweep the lounge room. Then I want to plan out how the shed is going to be set up and finally organise some stuff for the front yard. I think I might deserve a glass of wine after that lot.

Happy - No kidding, the cats are vocal. You need to be here to get VOCAL. She just never stops talking. You can hear her from the minute she steps inside the house. It runs something like 'feed me, feed me, don't feed me that, where are you, why aren't you at the fridge yet, why is my dinner cold, I don't want that, sit down I want to sit on your head/ shoulder/ stomach, get up, the kitchen is that way, bedtime, I want under the covers, no I don't'.
I still have the raintank, but the house guttering has to be redone so I guess I might update that system at the same time. Damn, might have to go back to work.

Terra - for exercise, I walk, I garden, I swim, I do housework, generally just keep moving. Sitting around only makes me stiff and feel old.
Is there more to go on the teeshirt quilt?

Susie - hope all goes okay with the medical stuff for the DH. I can understand the reluctance at the 'team building'. Used to hate it myself. Always seemed that someone was determined to get noticed and therefore imposed him/herself on the 'team'.

Laura - rain here today too. Not muggy tho. Cool 18C (64F) out there and I don't think I will be doing much out there today. I generally tend to do my housework day by day. I divide the rooms up into Monday to Friday and it tends to only take about 15-30 minutes per day. Any really heavy stuff like the fridge/ freezer clean or maintenance is done separately or, when I am working, at the weekend. Once you get into the routine, it's pretty easy and if you do it the minute after you walk in the door, kick off your shoes and take a deep breath, then it is done for the evening.
You don't get much German in SAP these days. It's pretty rare. Takes all the fun out of trying to work out what they want you to do.

Michelle - well done on the weight loss. You will be there any day now. Just lose a couple more pounds after that to ensure you stay at the correct weight. We all know how easy it is to put it back on again. Glad to hear that Santa is well again.

Annie - Cherish the time left at home. Work comes around too soon.

Right, well it is time to get off here, I will not get everything done if I don't. Life gets tedious don't it.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #133  
Turning Into A New Woman

Shad ~ Yeah there is a little more to do and then I can move on to step 2
Old 08-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #134  

Morning all. TGIF!

Michelle - I've heard good things about airbnb. More planning required when you're traveling with Santa. Will you be using a doggy daycare during the wedding activities? Yup, the bean is in millenium park.

Shad - LOL re your vocal kitty. At least she's already familiar with your son's cat, right? I agree a little bit each day is preferable to giant blocks of time spent on housecleaning, except for the big projects that require it.

Terra - what's step 2 of the quilt project?

Hellos to the rest of you. Be back later. Train's pulling in the station. Time to walk to the office.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #135  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday! Other than website work, the daily trips to the gym and the dog park, and watching the season premier of Doctor Who, I don't have anything planned. And I'm so happy about that!! I'm really quite exhausted, so I will make sure this weekend includes plenty of R&R time. I've worked out for 45-60 minutes 5 of the last 6 days. The frustrating thing is that my scale at home isn't moving at all. My clothes are getting a little looser, but I need the numbers on the scale so I can jump through the last pre-surgery hoops. I'm going to a Weight Loss Surgery support group today at the hospital where I'll be having my surgery, and while weighing isn't required for the meeting, I'm going to drop in to the Bariatric department and hope the scale there has a better number than my scale at home.

I am eating over 1,200 calories, but I enter in my exercise into My Fitness Pal and ALWAYS have a calorie deficit (sometimes by as much as 400-600 calories). And with all the exercise I do, I'm a little worried about sticking strictly to a 1,200 calorie a day diet because I might get too few calories. At one of the WLS support groups, someone mentioned replacing a meal with a protein shake to bust a stubborn pre-op plateau. I think I'm going to try that.

============================
Shad - Your garden beds look lovely! I miss gardening, but D's backyard doesn't get much sun and there's not much dirt area in the front (it's paved in front of the house to allow room for more parking (which is at a premium since we live in a downtown area. I hope Miss Sunday and your DS2's cat will get along or at least tolerate each other. I get exhausted just reading about your "to do" list! I got a laugh out of your translations of Miss Sunday's vocalizations. I totally hear you about how sitting around makes you feel stiff and old. My yoga teacher says, "motion is lotion for the joints" and I'm finding that to be true. Even right after weight loss surgery, they want patients up and walking pretty much right after coming out of anesthesia. Excellent system you have for housecleaning. Thanks for your comment about my weight loss. I have a couple more pounds to lose to get scheduled for the last of the hoops to jump through, and still have to lose 5 more pounds after that to get to surgery weight, but I'm planning on getting at least a few pounds below my pre-surgery goal weight so I have a bit of a cushion.

Susie - Saying prayers and sending positive energy for your DH. I hate the "team building" activities.

Laura - Yes, I will be using a doggy day care during the wedding activities. Other than that, he'll be with me pretty much the whole time, except if I go out to dinner with J & K, then he can stay in one of their bedrooms (so he doesn't harass their cats and they don't harass him while we're out). I hope you have good weather for the weekend. Any fun plans? (Sorry if you've already mentioned them and I forgot.)

Ceejay - Your birthday is next week, right? Any special plans?

A big to Annie, Happy and Terra!

Much love and many hugs,
Closed Thread