Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #106  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Yeah I'll post another quilt picture pic soon. Yeah Im glad I liked the movie I went to see with my friend.

Happy ~ Yeah I like Drew's movies too, Yeah my friend is very fun to hang out with. Yeah I do need to track my steps, I probably would be surprised how far I've walked.

Shad ~ Yeah I've been walking, I know its not good that I've gained some of my weight back but Im sure I'll lose it again so Im not real bummed out about it anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke 5 something this morning but I fell back sleep and when I woke up again it was 7:30 AM, I slept way too long this morning because when I woke up the 2nd time my back was hurting so I went ahead and got up. I let Clyde outside and gave him fresh food and he has fresh water still. At noon Im gonna do my 2 mile walk using my dvd and then I'll do another 2 miles tonight after 6 or 6:30 so I'll only get 4 miles in today but thats better then 0 so Im still proud of myself.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #107  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I went off the grid for a couple of days. Work hasn't been to bad..and I only worked 40 hours last week and the week before. I haven't done that in over 2 years!

I did have a 2.2 lb loss at TOPS on Thursday.

My foot is killing me. I'm pretty sure it is planter fasciitis and I'm sure it is due to my weight.

I looked up exercises on line to help with the pain and I am going to do them twice a day. I am also going to start using my boot for a couple of weeks and let the foot really rest.

I am also going to find a new podiatrist and see if they can help me. I didn't like the one I saw in the spring--I didn't feel like she was very attentive. I have a recommendation for another one that a lot of my co-workers go to so I'll call tomorrow to get an appointment. This pain is different than what I had last spring and it is the left foot and hurts back by my heel where in the spring in was the right foot and hurt along the side and under the front of the foot by the little toe.

I am going to have to not use the treadmill for a bit so I think it will be back to the stationary bike. I'm going to look into buying one for home, but before I do that I will use the one at work 3 times a week for a couple of weeks and see how my foot does with it.

Annie! ! Congratulations on your new job!

It's getting late ladies and I'm going to head off to bed. I will see you tomorrow and do personals.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 08-17-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #108  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

Don't have time for personals, but a big to Susie for your loss at TOPS!!

Santa is not feeling well. I don't know what made him sick to his stomach because he was with me all afternoon. He got sick twice at the dog park and then I took him home. I withheld food, but not water. He got sick a couple more times at home, including once in the middle of the night.

I had to go into work this morning, so I dropped him off at the day care and asked them to keep an eye on him and to NOT feed him (normally they feed him lunch). I'm going to try and get him in to the vet today, and also prepare some chicken and rice or the vet tech recommended (over the phone) that I try chicken baby food and rice.

Can you please say some prayers and and send healing energy for my little guy?
Old 08-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thunderstorms during the night and early this morning. Looks like we will be hit again soon.

Michelle
Hope Santa feels better soon.

Susie
congrats on the weight loss. Hope the foot gets better also. My podiatrist gave me injections in my foot for awhile which helped some.

Not much more to report. I've been having trouble sleeping. Probably due to the week end event next door. For some unknown reason I have a headache.

The boss switched us to Google instead of Yahoo. Things seem to be a lot better. Plus I've uninstalled a bunch of things.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #110  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,
Boy it sure is humid here in Chicago - I really notice a difference from back home. I am not happy to see that the temps are heating up when I head back to Mom's again for the rest of my stay. I do miss my hubby and my kitties. Wishing I had made this for 2 weeks instead of 3 but oh well, my Mom is happy to be with me except she tried to asphyxiate us last week when she decided to heavily spray the kitchen chairs with Scotchguard protectant the night before my nephew came to visit with his 2 little tots. Mom turned a fan on but left all the windows closed because "the air conditioning was on". I had to go upstairs and open a window so I could breathe...

We are having a quiet day here - trying to figure out something for supper which accomodates my BIL's diet plan, Sis's sore tooth (which is easing up with antibiotics but is still painful) and nephew's limited range of acceptable food options. Wednesday I am meeting cousins for lunch and looking forward to that as my cousin is pretty busted up from when he was a cop and was hit head on by a truck. He's had a multitude of health issues every since. I will probably go back to Mom's on Thursday. I hear my other cousin down the street got 2 new kittens so I will at least have something to play with even though D is not up for lots of company. Too bad

Susie - I am sorry to hear about the foot issues. My sister has the PF problem and said that she got a foot brace - it's like an Ace bandage - is supportive - looks like a toeless sock and that has helped alot. She also is supposed to ice the foot and use a roller to massage the foot - you can roll your foot on a bottled water bottle that does the same thing. She said the stretching and icing help the most. I do remember when I had it the pain was mostly in the heel and very uncomfortable. Sis also has a tracker for steps and said sometimes she pushes it to 15,000 steps when she's feeling good and that always irritates the foot again so I said find something like 12,000 that is challenging but not hurtful. Her doc said to NEVER walk around barefooted (which S did) so Sis wears GoWalks or something with good support in them in lieu of barefoot or slippers. Hope you can get some relief!

Ceejay - I can totally understand you being unnerved at the break in at the neighbors. I would sleep with the phone and a knife by the bedstand!!! Thank goodness you have an alarm system - I hope it makes noise if it's tripped - that's usually enough to scare most people away. Did you offer your camera's recording to the police?

Michelle - I am sorry to hear about Santa. I hope it's just the heat or exertion that got to him. Sending good doggie wishes for his health.

Laura - hope you are feeling better today - just in time for work again! The concert at Ravinia sounds wonderful. We never did get to go there but I always wanted to - it seemed as if they had lovely grounds and it was the perfect place to enjoy a summer's night. I am glad the mosquitoes are not as bad here. I even saw some lightning bugs the other night which I don't recall seeing up by me. I have heard that Tony Bennett puts on a wonderful show. How nice to be that popular at his age - just like Betty White - we should be so lucky to do that well at that age. I am also surprised at all the free standing yoga studios they have out this way. And I am envious of all the grocery stores and food joints and just about anything you could ask for as we pass by on the roads. However, Sis reminds me there is a price to pay for all this convienience and she would trade it all for my life in a New York minute

Shad - sounds like you are settled in and getting busy. I was really laughing at you being cold at 72 degrees which is my perfect temperature. I think I'd melt in your summers. Would probably have to visit in the winter, opposite of what you'd have to do here. In fact our summers might not be warm enough for you. I hope the garden is in and planted. Good luck on the battle with cat hair - it never ends!

Hi Annie and Terra Best get going - it's time for a shower while the water's still hot. Have a good one everybody.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #111  

Started a post in Word this morning but didn't finish it. Then I forgot I never posted it and I ended up not saving the document. Oh well. I'll try to get back tonight. I noticed many sites on my work computer are now blocked, so i will likely knock off the internet at work altogether.

That's it for now.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #112  
Turning Into A New Woman

Happy ~ Hi, How are you doing today?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #113  

Morning all. Never did get back here last night.

Happy - Hope you can enjoy the last few days in Chicago. You've got some nice hot humid summer weather for the next several days- Chicago for sure, lol.

Susie- great job on the weight loss last week! Sorry you're suffering from the plantar fasciaitis. Happy's suggestions are exactly what I'd advise as well. I went through a bout of that and ultimately a cortizone shot seemed to end it & I haven't had a recurrence. Then again, I've been very careful about wearing supportive shoes. Good luck w the new foot doc.

Hi Terra!

Michelle- How's Santa feeling today?? I'll keep praying.

Ceejay- What a scary thing to happen to your neighbor! Was it random or does she know her attackers? Glad you have a security system!

Hellos to Shad & Annie!

==
The chicken place on Sunday was disappointing as to food - expectations set too high I guess.

I ordered a new pair if sneakers yesterday - Brooks. We'll see how I like them.

Okay, train's pulling into the station downtown, so time to post. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 08-19-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #114  

Did my Yoga DVD last night. This really stretches my muscles. Not sure what I'll do tonight. Food has been pretty good too. Just the stress of the week end. I need to check on my neighbor but she has had a lot of company. I will Thursday.
Heard from my friend in Jonesboro. She's free this week so I may go over there this week end for a visit.
Got some good sleep last night. I've been keeping a finger nail file under my pillow at night and keep the hall light on too.

Laura
What kind of sneakers did you buy? I like the Easy Spirit brand.

Hello to the rest. I'll catch up with you later.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #115  

Height: 5'7"

I went to dinner last night with a friend from work (who recently retired) and so I didn't get time to post. It was 9:00 p.m when I got home. It was very nice to sit back and relax with my friend and just catch up.

I'm a little sleepy this morning from not getting into bed until 11 p.m. last night.

Michelle: How is Santa feeling today?

Ceejay: YIKES about the break-in at the neighbors. That is alarming for sure! I am glad to hear that you have an alarm system.

Happy: It sounds like you are having a nice visit at your mom's and seeing family but I'm sure you will be glad to get back home.

Thank you for all the info on how your sister handled PF. I looked a bunch of things up on the internet and found the same advice about the ice, the stretches, using a water ball or tennis ball to massage the bottom of the foot and stretch the fasica. I will look into that Ace Bandage thing. I saw some info about that online too.

I think the "not walk around barefooted" is key. I know with it being summer I do that a lot or in flat sandles. I've been wearing sandles with a little heel or wedges and my foot is feeling better. I think that a cortizone shot would be helpful as well.

Laura: I'm planning on getting some new sneakers and I'm thinking about New Balance. I heard you can go to the store and they will measure you and fit you for a pair. Let me know how you like your Brooks when they arrive.

I'm already looking at boots and stuff for fall/winter. I didn't buy any last year and black ones and brown ones will need replaced. I like to buy two pairs of each, just a bit different from the other so I can have a variety.

Hi Terra and Shad

I must get back to work. Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #116  
Creating a Healthier Me

Santa is doing a little better today. The vet said that since he didn't vomit at daycare yesterday, and he didn't have a fever, I could try a small amount of his regular food. She gave him an anti-nausea med. She said if he doesn't get back to normal in a day or two I should bring him back.

He ate his dinner last night. Per the vet's instructions, I gave him a little less than his normal amount of food...and it was all canned food rather than mixing with dry. He kept that down. And when I walked him last night, he had a bit of a spring in his step.

This morning, he was still pretty low-energy. I'll call daycare later to check on how he's doing...but I think he'll be fine.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes. I'll try and check back in later for personals.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #117  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura & Susie ~ Hi Ladies, How you are two gals doing today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I woke up at 7 am and Mom,Scott and I went to Habitat Restore to buy some area rugs and then at 10:30 am Mom and I went to my older brother's house to visit with him and his family and then we left there at 1:30 pm and then we came home and I took a nap from 1:30 to 4 pm and then we ate Free Birds Burrito's at 5 pm (Dinner) and now Im about to do my first walk of the day with my Leslie Sansone dvd, I did get my laundry done yesterday like I planned and I also got my room cleaned which I didnt plan but I still need to clean the bathroom, I'll probably do that tonight before I go to bed.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #118  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

whoops, day went past on me again. Back tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #119  

Morning ladies
I'm out of energy today. Last night I decided it was to late to do any exercise so I cleaned and mopped the kitchen and did a load of laundry.
Tried to call my neighbor last night but no one answered the phone. she may not had had it fixed yet as the intruders ripped it out of the wall. Her son is staying with her. I'll go over there tomorrow. I normally don't turn the alarm on in the day time but I do now.
It's supposed to be another hot one today.

Susie
Hope the foot is better. I know how painful that can be.

Michelle
Glad that Santa is feeling better also.

Hello to the rest.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #120  
Creating a Healthier Me

Super quick check in as I have LOTS of graphic design work to complete and that always takes me longer than programming. At least it's a fun diversion.

Santa is doing better and seems to be his old self again. Either he ate something he shouldn't have or he came down with very short-lived stomach bug. Very grateful that he got over it quickly.

When I picked him up last night from day care, he seemed fine, and they said he didn't get sick, so we went to the dog park where he got loving from all the humans and got to "talk" to all the doggies. He was a happy boy.

Well, these images aren't going to create themselves. Hope you all are doing well.

Much love,
Closed Thread