Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
To me a haggler is someone who makes smartelick (sp) remarks. These particular guys are young black guys. They watch my house most days. I'm not afraid of them. Just don't like them hanging around. Most people do not like city employee's and I do work for the city.

Michelle
Good choice with Applebee's. And nice that Bob didn't mind.

Laura
I love my sister's sun room. She has a deck at her condo in Branson. Sometimes we just need to chill out. I have that same problem with the sweet and salty things. I bought a lot of fruit this week end.

Susie
Bless you on the foot pain. I hope it is just bruised. Yes I did make out my menu. I did fairly well this week end. And so far so good today. I've chosen times to eat today and that's really helping.

Shad
Is work doing things around the house?

------------
Not much is going on in my neck of the woods.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #62  

You were typing above my head, Annie,
This job at Well's Fargo does sound very promising. I see those truck sometimes when I'm at the bank. I bet they have to be very particular on whom they hire for any position. Sending you good vibes. Sad about the hot water heater going out for your daughter's family.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #63  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm still so sad about the passing of Robin Williams. I think what gets me the most is that I've been there in deep despair and depression. A couple years ago, I was at a point in my life where I thought ending it was the only (or at least the best) option. There are no words to adequately describe it. So ever since I heard the news of his suicide, I keep thinking, there but for the grace of God go I, which makes me so sad for him...and so grateful to be alive.

I hope his passing serves as a catalyst to those suffering with depression or other disorders to get the help they need so they don't feel the need to leave this life.

I also hope his passing helps to life the stigma about addictions, depression and other mental health disorders. These are diseases and can be just as deadly as cancer or heart disease.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #64  

Morning all.

Ceejay – Re your "hagglers" – I agree with you - I wouldn’t be comfortable walking down the block if I had people hassling or heckling me.

Annie – Keeping you in my prayers that an offer is coming your way! Nice you’ll have your son over for his bday dinner – so nice that you make him the dinner of his choice. Sorry to hear about DD’s water heater going out. It’s always something, isn't it? Nice that you got to see the family, but I hope they’re able to have a new water heater installed soon. Big brother should help with that – he does plumbing work, right?? Next time you have a wine you like, you should take a photo of the bottle's label, or the name of it on the menu.

Susie – I hope your foot is feeling better today.

Michelle – So nice your friend Bob didn’t mind the change of restaurants. Good idea to go to a place that has lighter menu selections. Re Robin Williams – it’s so very sad. I hate to think of someone suffering like that and feeling that was the only way out. I’m so very, very happy you got through that horrible time and are enjoying life once again.

==

Nothing much to report. I worked on the mail basket last night and it doesn’t even look like I made a dent in it!

One of the movies I “voted” to see tonight was “Boyhood”. Now I learn it’s 2 hours, 45 minutes long!!!! Really??? Why does a movie need to be that long?? Answer – it doesn’t!! Anyway, I wish they’d chosen my other choice as the final – “Get on Up” – the one about James Brown. I’ll still go, and I’m sure it’ll be good, but I’m sure I’ll be ready for it to be over at the 2 hour mark.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #65  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. The foot it a bit better today. When I got home last night I put it in the boot that I had for the other foot and that seemed to help a lot. I think it is just bruised and will take time, ice, and back to gentle walks or get to the work gym and use the bike.

I got on the scales this morning to see how I am doing since that big gain last Thursday and I was down 3.5 lbs so almost all of that 4 lbs is gone. I can smile about that and keep working at it. I would like to go on Thursday and have the 4 gone as well as 1-2 more. I am trying to not eat my exercise calories and also to eat in the middle of my calorie range. I think that it helping.

Annie: Praying, praying and praying for the Wells Fargo job. Sorry to hear about DD water heater issue. I went through that 3 years ago and it was expensive. Of course I had to have a special order water heater because mine is in a older home and is smaller and has to be for the "closet" it is in. I hope they can get it fixed soon but it sounds like it was a fun Saturday night/Sunday morning at your house!

Ceejay: Good for you for getting those menus planned and sticking with them!

Laura: I haven't even heard of the film that you are going to go see. It does seem like a long film. Get on Up was very entertaining and enjoyable...I hope you will get to see it sometime soon. How is your exercise/challenges coming along?

Michelle: It is so very sad about Robin Williams. What pain a person must be in to think that dying would be the best thing. Depression is real and it does hurt. I have watched my DH going through it and I experienced a bit of it after my dad died several years ago. It is awful to not feel like yourself and even when you try you just don't feel happy. It is a medical issue...your brain shows low levels of seriton (sp) and if anything else would be low in our bodies we would take something or do something to get them right; with depression there is this silence that is a very bad thing because really that persons body/mind is screaming for help and many times not heard.

Hi to Happy--I hope your visit is going well.

Hi to Shad!

Hi to Terra!

Ok..back to work for me. I will stop at noon for lunch..my stomach is telling me it is time and I'm giving it water and telling myself that perseverence is good for the soul!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 08-12-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #66  
Creating a Healthier Me

Susie - Congrats on the weight loss! I'm glad to hear that the foot pain is easing up too.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #67  

Susie - Glad your foot pain has eased up. Good idea to baby it for a while until it's back 100%. Yay for the weight going back down - yup, probably something other than a true gain causing that fluctuation.

My exercise challenge - at this point it's just doing some pushups - is going fine. I'm almost able to do 15 knee pushups now.

Hellos to Happy, Shad & Susie!!

Last edited by Laura705; 08-12-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #68  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - I haven't heard anything about "Boyhood". That is a LONG movie. Ugh. I've heard Get On Up was good. Good for you on doing the pushups!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #69  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

CJ ~ Thanks for explaining what Hagglers are.

Susie ~ Hi to you too

Michelle ~ I was very shocked when I got on facebook yesterday and saw all of the R.I.P. Robin Williams messages, I cant believe he is really gone, He was a great actor and comedian, He will be deeply missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:30 this morning and I got ready for the day and then around 8:00 am, Mom,Scott and I left to go to his appt. and then after his appt. we went to pick up my mom's meds and then we went to cd trade post and then we went to Walmart cause we forgot some things when we were there yesterday and then we came home and now we are home for the day. I just plan to get at least 1 of my 2 mile walks done today and then I'll go for 5 miles on Friday.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #70  

Not much going on. I'm with the rest on the passing of Robin Williams. I liked all his movies/shows, his funny attitude, but who knew that he was suffering from depression.

Happy Birthday Michelle

Susie
Glad your foot pain is better. Think you've given it to me, except mine is my bunion. Must be going to rain. Congrats that the scale is down too.

Laura
My exercise challenge is just try to exercise a bit every day. Last night I rode the bike for 15 minutes and did 10 minutes of toning. I'm a whimp. I can't even start out with 2 pound weights. UGH.

Shad, Happy and Terra
Hello

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-12-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #71  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - It's not my birthday (not until next month). But thanks for the good wishes.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #72  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

CJ ~ Hello to you too
Old 08-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #73  

Michelle
For some reason my FB account has your birthday in august. I'll change it.
I'm pleased with my eating plan this week even though I stopped and bought a foot long cheese cony. I thought that the sodium content would put my body out of sinc but I eaten enough produce that's loaded in potassium this week to offset it, I hope. Plus I have exercised twice this week. Tonight I'm dong a Yoga DVD.

More later.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #74  

Morning all.

Ceejay – What’s a cony? Is that a hot dog? I still love hot dogs, but we have them very infrequently these days. A good garlicky kosher hot dog…yum. Good job with the exercise!! If you keep up with the toning workouts, you’ll eventually get to higher weights.

Hi Terra! How much walking did you get in yesterday? I have to get over to Walmart. I still haven’t bought a fresh battery for my pedometer!!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!

==
I enjoyed the movie “Boyhood”. Ethan Hawke starred as the father, and I especially liked his performance. Yes it was a bit long, but didn’t feel quite as long as it is. It was really interesting to see the same young actors who played the son and daughter growing up over the years – that’s how it was filmed, over the years from age 6 to 18. Nice movie.

It was quite a contrast to get home and find bf and a friend of his watching the 2nd Hunger Games movie on dvd, with the booming audio coming through our sound bar, LOL. Different movies by 180 degrees for sure.

Tonight I’m attending a library program about advanced directives – getting your medical treatment preferences documented in the event you are unable to communicate them yourself. Should be informative. It was a late bedtime last night, so I hope I don't run out of steam by the time the program starts tonight.

That’s it for me. TTFN.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

It is quiet at work today and I LOVE it! I can actually think. I'm getting a lot of things cleaned up with my two managers gone this week. I do have a few meetings scheduled today and so that is breaking my concentration on what I want to get cleaned up but that is ok.

Tomorrow I will work for about 2 hours and then we have a offsite meeting with all of our Business Unit. It is a "fun meeting" where they will serve up lunch and there will be games to play and compete in. It's about a 40 min drive from our worksite and it is down on the river at a place called "The Sandbar". I think it would be fun to go there with friends, but I am not a fan of this sort of thing at work.

I don't like doing the physical games (and P&G is very much into that and very competitive). I might enjoy them if I was smaller and in shape? I usually try to find the least physical game and participate there..most likely it will be corn hole.

Terra: It sounds like you were busy yesterday! You have a good walking plan in place.

Ceejay: Sorry that your foot hurts too. A friend of mine had bunion surgery last year; she's really glad that she did it. She said her pain wasn't too much more than the pain she would have after walking distances.
Good for you for getting back to the exercise. It's ok to start small and build....you are being good to yourself and that is important.

Laura: I'm glad you liked the movie. I am interested in hearing about the topic you are going to find out about tonight.
Yeah for you for being able to do 15 knee pushups! That is an accomplishment.

Hi Michelle, Shad, Annie and Happy!

Time for me to get back to work. I might not get here tomorrow but I will try.

I have TOPS tomorrow night so I'm anxious about what the "Official Scales" will say. Fingers crossed for a loss!
Closed Thread