Old 06-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #166  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ Yeah thats true I'll have all winter to work out to it

Michelle ~ Yes I will keep up my walking, I hope the shot helps you with having more mobility

Laura ~ Yeah LOL, Speaking of cleaning I need to dust the computer area, Mom asked me to do it yesterday and I forgot all about it so I'll have to do that today.

I've taken up a new hobby, Im gonna try to make me a quilt out of t-shirts that still mean alot to me but that I will never wear again, so last night I cut out from the t-shirts what I wanted on the quilt and I looked up step by step how to make a t-shirt quilt so Im gonna be busy doing that when Im not walking outside or giving Clyde a bath or cleaning my room LOL
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #167  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls.

All is ok here. Tornado was 10 miles north of me. Only one friend in that area and her family made it thru with only losing their trampoline and swimming pool. Very lucky.

Weekend was wonderful in St. Louis. Pool and bbqing. Babies and God babes. Relaxing. Very

Job search still slow. Applying every day. Hmmm. Getting old sucks.

Family time however is good. Too bad it does not pay at all. Lol

Bout it for me. Make it a great one!!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #168  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - Yes, diabetes probably does complicate the fasting program. But a lot of diabetics successfully manage the program, lose a significant amount of weight and come off their meds. I will talk with the doctor next week about whether or not I should come off my meds during the 16-week fasting program. Airlines used to offer a less than obscene airfare if you needed to fly last minute due to a family emergency. I guess they don't do that anymore.

Terra - That's so cool you're making a t-shirt quilt. I nearly made one when I was married as my former husband had A TON of t-shirts most of which didn't fit him but he kept them for sentimental value. I will likely make a quilt out of my t-shirts one of these years. Always seems to be so much I want to do, and so little free time. LOL Not that I'm complaining. I'm grateful for my great job.

Annie - I'm glad the tornado wasn't near you. And that your friend didn't sustain too much damage. How fabulous that you had a great time in St. Louis!! Glad you're enjoying the family time.

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The power blinked lost my post and the plant. Thankfully the power came back on and there was no need to go downstairs to manually operate the filters. One of the main reasons I don't want to keep working here. To much for the nerves. Need to get ready to go home. Will post more when I get home.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-25-2014 at 06:42 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #170  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I will try this posting thing again. Last night I was able to type it all ok and then I hit send and it just didn't go.

The week has been busy as usual but tonight I didn't log on a home and work any. It just have had enough and nothing pending that would effective the stock (just kidding) was waiting ,so I said "no" to working from home for a couple of hours. It feels good.

Regular life has been busy too. I didn't get up to use the treadmill yesterday or today. I'm dealing with a migraine. I think it is all these storms we have rolling in and out these days.

Monday we came home from work and couldn't get our key to turn in the front door lock! We finally got in the back door but it took a bit. I had a locksmith come out yesterday and take a look a the locks and "clean" them out and they work great now. He also rekeyed all the locks to be the same key so now we should be able to get into any door easily.

Happy: I guess I don't know what a tag sale is. I was laughing a bit when I read that you said yes when you were thinking NOOOOO! that is so me. You will have a busy July getting this ready.

I can't believe how cool your weather is!

Annie: I missed that there were tornados in your area yesterday. I'm glad you weren't in that middle of that!

Michelle: I'm looking forward to hearing all about your journey with the Optifast and maybe the surgery. You know we all are here supporting you and in your corner.

Terra: what a great project you are planning with the quilt!

Laura: You are on my heart especially in the next few coming days. I pray that you and your family are able to comfort each other and start the healing process. It will be good for you to be all together.

Shad: Where are you?

Ceejay: What happens when you manually operate the filters? It sounds scary!

Hi to Carla.

Did anyone watch Extreme Weight Loss Makeover last night? It was really good and very inspiring. The guy that was on the show did a lot of emotional eating...that is my issue.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #171  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm here, just a little busy and frustrated at the moment. Do people really like setting themselves up for failure??

I'll be back when the temper subsides. Meantime I will bang my head against the latest stupidity and wonder where they found this bunch of drongos
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #172  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Michelle & Susie ~ Yeah Im looking forward to making it

In a couple of mins Im gonna go for my morning walk and then of course I'll go for my evening walk tonight.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #173  

I'm not wanting to do anything this morning. It's my day off and I should have some rest but what is that for a single person! But looking forward to tomorrow. Will get to spend some time with my sis and bil in Paragould this week end.

Laura
I'm glad that bf is going with you. I've flown on those small planes. Mom used to call them crop dusters.

Annie
I'm glad you are safe from the tornadoes. Thought about you that day. Sounds like you are keeping busy.

Shad
Sorry you are busy at the moment. I'm not sure what a drogo is! Hang in there your are almost done.

Susie
When the power goes off at the plant and it's in operation the filters full of water has to be shut down manually. We have to run downstairs crawl over pipes to get to the valve. Since we have three filters it takes a while to get them closed. The valve has a stirring wheel (like on a vehicle) It has to be turned till it can't be turned any more. If we don't do this we'll loose x many thousands of gallons of treated water. And it ends up in the floor downstairs. Plus the phone is usually ringing off the hook.

Hello's to Happy and Terra and Michelle
Old 06-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #174  

Morning all.

Terra - Great idea to make a t-shirt quilt. Everyone has so many t-shirts they accumulate and some do have sentimental value. It's a great way to use them - and have them on display so you can enjoy them.

Michelle - I did check United and American airlines and they no longer offer bereavement fares, and they are two of the three major airlines flying into Springfield, MO's airport. This is not a popular location so not much competition, hence the high fares. It will be so great for you to go off your diabetes meds.

Annie - Glad you were not near the tornado. So nice to hear you had a good time in St. L. Chin up, you'll find something, I just know it.

Ceejay - Boo re the power outage. Hope things are better today.

Susie - Good for you not doing more work at home after your usual workday. You need that downtime to recharge. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. You're right - it will be good to see other family members & be able to comfort each other. I think I saw the very end of Extreme Weightloss Makeover the other night. Boy that guy was psyched!! It's great he "paid it forward" to a friend who will now have the chance to do the same.

Shad - Sorry the job is frustrating at the moment, but at least your countdown continues. Had to look up drongo, lol. The things we learn from you!

==
One more day of work, then off to MO tomorrow with a very early start to the day. We're flying out of Midway at 8 am, not O'Hare, which is much MUCH more convenient. Oh well. We'll get over it.

Nothing much to report. This weekend will be very difficult, but being with family will help us all get through it.

Okay, back to it. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #175  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Thursday, ladies! If I stand on my tiptoes, I can almost see the weekend.

Got up early to go to the clinic for a fasting blood test. I hope the results are ok. I fasted for 10 hours instead of the preferred 12. I slept really well last night for the first time in long time.

Had an interesting time at yoga. My yoga teacher and I took several minutes at the beginning to "catch up". She and I are friends but we haven't seen each other or talked for a few weeks. She has re-taken up running. She used to run before she had knee surgery, and she's just now gotten back into it. She wants to lose a lot of weight and since running can burn more calories...she chose that for cardio but she's been having severe back pain from it. Her doctor and chiropractor told her that she is carrying too much weight on her frame for running. So she's kind of in the same Catch 22 that I have been. Need to lose weight. Need to exercise to help get weight off. And certain exercise can cause pain, which then stalls our exercising and stalls weight loss.

After yoga, I went over to a friends for a little while. It was good to see them.

Today, I'm working 1/2 day and leaving at noon for a bariatric surgery orientation. Tonight is book club and I haven't finished the reading. :blush:

=================
Ceejay - I'm glad the power only was out briefly and you didn't have to manually operate the plant. That sounds really stressful. I hope you had a relaxing evening at home. Enjoy your day off, and your time with your family this weekend.

Susie - I think the 3FC site is having intermittent problems when it comes to posting. I'm so proud of you for not logging on and working last night. I may have to check email next week when the company is off. There are some forms on my company's new that when submitted are sent to me...and I need to forward them. Maybe I can get an automated process in place. So sorry to hear about your migraine. I hate those. I used to get them around changes in barometric pressure as well (when storms move in and out). Glad the locksmith cleaned and rekeyed your locks.

Laura - I'm sending you and your family so much love, hugs and prayers. Safe travels on the puddle jumper planes.

Shad - I didn't know what a drongo was, so I looked it up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Drongo). Ahhh, now I get it. I hope your frustration eases.

Terra - Good on ya' for keeping up with the walking.

Happy - I dare say the thrift shop is keeping you busier than when you were working. At least it's for a good cause.

Much love to all,
Old 06-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #176  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Went up to Duluth yesterday to take some pictures of a rose garden in a park they have off of Lake Superior. Yo ho blow the man down - boy was it windy. The website they have is not updated so it SEEMED like the roses were in bloom but they and the peony garden were still a long time to bud, much less bloom. It will be pretty once everything opens up. There were a few sporatic flowers but with the winds blowing the way they did, it was too hard to take a picture without it blurring. While we were up there we had to of course stop at my favorite grocery store and stock up on sushi Got some nice meat and fish too but they were out of crab cakes Got a bit of deli and a few vegetables and we're good to go on groceries for the week. I bought a bucket - yes bucket - of fresh strawberries from a roadside van on Tuesday. They are so yummy - we are trying to eat them fast because they start to soften as soon as they are picked and nothing - rinsing, green bags, vinegar spray, refrigeration - really keeps them fresh for more than a couple of days. Also I noticed those darn pesky fruit flies are back - must have come in on some fruit. Once you get those they are so hard to get rid of so I am being mindful of what's set out. Today is a thrift shop meeting - we see how that goes. Tomorrow is working the afternoon. The week sure fills up fast for someone who isn't working.

Shad - I am sorry you are surrounded by drongos but I do love the new terms you teach us. Sometimes you just have to give it up and let the idiots rule. At least you won't have to put up with this much longer. Don't let it get the blood pressure up. Has to be difficult dealing with this kind of frustration over and over at each account you are at.

Michelle - I wonder if power walking is a better alternative to running for those not in the best condition to take the pounding? One of the things I like about my yoga teacher is that she is reading a lot about injury free yoga. Obviously up here we have a lot of people who are in their 60's to 80's - older folks with different needs. She talked about movements and modifications and one thing that was a wake up moment was about avoiding stress fractures - especially those of us past menopause with compromised bone density. I never liked running / jogging and I think that would keep me away from it even more. I live in an area with rolling landscape - a steep hill just as you get to my road. So with walking, I feel the incline will give me a better workout than on flatland without the pressure of hitting the pavement running. Just something to consider... I think we should still push ourselves, but in a different manner. One good thing about the Optifast plan first is that it will transition you over from food to protein shakes. Is that still the norm for food after surgery or have they changed that? I would still gently suggest that you "learn how to cook" even tho you hate it. You don't have to make homey comfort meals like Annie or fancy fun gourmet stuff like D, but a few simple techniques incorporating fresh ingredients - especially where you live with the abundance of markets - could serve you well. The problem is, after surgery when you can only eat 1/4 of an egg and one strawberry - I guess a lot of food will go to waste. But I'm sure they will cover that in your classes. Hope all your bloodwork comes out a-ok!

Speaking of food on Monday I stopped at the local family owned grocery in the town of the yoga class. I picked up some thick bone in pork chops - mostly for DH who likes them. We christened the new grill on Tuesday - marinated the chops in some Amazing Taste seasoning with oil and orange juice, salt and peppered the chops and grilled them. OMG - I have never had a pork chop that tasted like a steak before. It was more meat than I could eat and DH was happy to finish my half chop. We had a salad of cucumbers and tomatoes as well as a bowl of the chopped fresh strawberries. It was such a tasty supper - we both enjoyed it very much.

Terra - I'll join the others in a thumbs up on the idea of the t-shirt quilt. What a great remembrance and guaranteed to give you happy dreams

Laura - I don't think any airline gives a bereavement fare anymore - I think even when they did it was only $100 or so off the outrageous last minute fares. Funny how flying out of Midway is a hassle for you - I am coming out in August and I'd love to fly into Midway - 8 miles from Mom's house and I could easily get a ride in but Midway requires a layover which I don't want. So instead I am going to O'Hare where the limo will cost me as much as my airline fare. Wish we could switch Bummer that you will have to take a puddle jumper into town - I guess unless you are flying big city to big city - that's how it is now a days. Just don't get a window seat because the plane is so small the fuselage curves on the window seat and you lose 1/2 the seat area. I learned that the hard way flying from Duluth. Have a safe trip and give some comfort to your Mom and family.

Ceejay - yikes - at this point in my life I cannot imagine crawling over pipes, turning valves and fighting incoming water leakage I can see why you say it's time to hang up your boots for good!

Susie - a tag sale involves standing outside (hopefully in good weather) shaking a can (or in our case hot pink buckets with paw prints), begging for money and giving people a brightly colored sticker when they oblidge. Nothing different than the vets selling poppies, or Kiwanis with peanuts or the Lions with Tootsie Rolls. Basically we are just trying to collect donations for one day. I am SO PROUD of you for finally stepping back and not putting in extra time after the long week you had last week. You know I'm sure that the more O.T. you put in, the more that becomes your standard work week. YOU have to manage your time my dear and while the first pushback is hard, after a while they respect your time too. Don't compromise your time and your health and your wellness for going headlong into the job. That is my biggest problem and I have to keep reminding myself of that. How crazy was that with the locks? We have everything on 2 keys - one for the door, one for the dead bolt and it makes it so much easier. Lighter on the purse too without 7 keys

Ok, well I have a few more things to accomplish before our afternoon meeting so let's get rolling. Poor kitty has a vet appointment for her yearly check up - she will not be a happy camper. Nor will DH who has to get her into the cat carrier
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #177  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Sounds like you had a nice, if windy, time in Duluth! As for the running, it was definitely not ME who was considering it. Heck, I'd be happy to be able to walk around the block without pain (and I will get there - I know I will). My yoga teacher is wonderful about finding out where people in the class have pain and showing modifications. She totally believes in injury free yoga, and encourages us to use straps and blocks and do any modifications necessary to prevent injury. You're right about the incline giving you a better workout than flatland (as long as your knees and back can handle it). As for me, I'll stick to water aerobics and the recumbent bike for now. Then, once I get the epidural and lose weight, hopefully my back will be able to handle more. I do know how to cook...I just am going to look for healthy simple quick recipes since starting with Week 17, I'll be incorporating food. Pre- and post-bariatric surgery requires an all liquid diet (two weeks prior and I think a week or two after surgery). I'm not sure if Opti-Fast qualifies, I'll have to ask at orientation today. The shakes may have too much sugar/carbs. Eventually, after surgery, the post-surgery diet progresses to pureed foods including beans, egg whites, yogurt, cottage cheese. After a few weeks of pureed foods, post-surgery diet progresses to soft solid foods like ground meets, canned fruit, cooked veggies. Then eight weeks after surgery, I'll be able to start on solid foods. So funny that you said after I get to cooking I can still only eat a little. I guess I'll get a "Cooking for One" cookbook and that should be enough for D and I for one meal....or enough to feed me for a week! The description of your pork chop dinner made me salivate. I'm going to have to skim over the food porn once I start Opti-Fast. Hope everything goes well at the vet.

Last edited by diyana; 06-26-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #178  

Michelle - I'm not a big fan of running either - just the thought of all the pounding the bones and joints take makes me shudder. Hope the blood work comes out good. Enjoy book club tonight. At the book club I attend there's always someone who hasn't finished (or even started) the book!

Happy - Sorry the rose garden conditions weren't right for photos. Another time. We also bought a couple giant pork chops last weekend and we ended up putting them in the freezer - we realized we had some leftovers to take care of. Anyway...that chop is way too big for me, so bf will end up helping me with it. Yum. We used to buy only the thick boneless "America's Cut", but once we tried bone-in chops for a change, we realized how much more flavorful they seemed. (Michelle, sorry for the food porn!) Re flights - we both have the same situation with the airports!

--
I had a 2.4 gain at WW last week, but then again, I recall I ate breakfast and a morning snack before that meeting. At today's weigh-in, I had a 1.4 pound loss. I'm still up 5-6 pounds since early February (all gained post-cruise), grrrr, but I'm still down 20 pounds from my highest weight in 2012. I really need to get my heart and head back in this game in order to reach my goals.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #179  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - I'm still on solid foods, so food porn is ok. When I start the all liquid...well, let's just say food porn offenders might find themselves on the business end of the rolling pin! Congrats on the loss. Don't beat yourself up for the overall post-cruise gain. You can do this. Big hugs to you, my friend. I hope to finish up the reading for book club today at the clinic while I wait for the bariatric surgery class to start.

Last edited by diyana; 06-26-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #180  

Default tyring to make a post

I'm making this short as I'm getting ready to go to Paragould. Sis texted me while ago and they are leaving Little Rock, AR. So they should be here by noon or after. I'm going to a luncheon honoring the boss that's retiring, but will leave soon after that to go to Paragould.

Every one have a good day.