Old 06-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #61  

Afternoon all. Jazzercise was moved to another location today with no AC. Bleh, it was hot in there. I was getting pooped about halfway through. The fact that I've been, uh, let's say backed up (might have been the popcorn on Thursday at the movie) probably didn't help. My abdomen feels heavy& bloated. Ok, if not TMI, it's enough.

Woke up at 3 am to the scent of skunk. And this one hung around a bit - wasn't just passing through. Ick, the basement still smells of it. Have to find a way to make them not want to come in our yard...

Feeling tired right now...gonna save gardening for tomoorow when it'll be a lot cooler. Prefer to go out for some lunch & grill dinner tonight & putter in between...

Be back later or tomorrow for personals. Hope everyone's Saturday/Sunday is enjoyable.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello every one.

Happy birthday Susie. Hope you are having a good day.

Annie
Sorry, the little one has an ear infection. They are not fun.

Happy
Did DH go to work with you today? It's tough being buy yourself.
Now that was an interesting day with a customer. I like to meet people from different countries.

Shad
Thanks for the information about Susie's birthday.

Laura
Don't think I could be handling the skunk smell very long.

------
I'm really getting tried of all this rain and storms. More is coming today.
Found out Friday that my nephew that lives in Houston, TX got engaged. All I can say is it's about time. But I can understand that she wanted to wait until she got her second degree as a nurse anethesis.(ms)
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #63  

Last one out first one in.
These storms and more are on the way this morning may put me off line. Not to sure how much more of these storms I can take.
Weird dreams last night. Dreamed my cell phone was ringing and no one was there then of all things the jet pack (phone) for the internet started to ring. Neither has any incoming calls. Woke up to my heart racing 90 to nothing and today I'm as nervous as a cat so I'm thinking all this is due to a panic attack. That job opening at the doctor's office is looking might good right now. I may call Monday to set up an interview.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #64  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Finally got some sunshine though it is on the cooler side. These mosquitoes are just awful. They are out in droves all day long - you can't get in and out of your car without getting attacked. I am going to check out the thermacell but I may have to order it online as most mosquito related items in town have been sold out. Last night I had to get up twice to hunt down and kill that buzzing before I could fall asleep.

I didn't have to go into the shop after all yesterday - got a call as I was getting ready to leave - the regular person changed their plans. It turned out to be a pretty lazy day - chilly, gray and rainy. We ran some errands, came home and had lunch and then took a nice nap. I should have done more than I did around the house but I didn't. Tomorrow I have been asked to go on a long road trip to see another thrift shop. I REALLY don't want to go - it's going to be a long trip and taking the antibiotic for my tooth always sends my tummy into wobbles. And I'd have to get up REALLY EARLY. But it would be a good learning opportunity and I think they are counting on me so I am wavering and will probably say yes even though I want to say no. We did watch the movie "Monuments Men" on PPV cable last night. Not a bad movie. Interesting topic but it felt rushed somewhat.

Ceejay - sorry the storms have got you on edge. I remember how scary they can be so I don't blame you for being troubled. I think that was one of the things I was glad to leave behind - maybe our "snow weather" is not that pleasant but I'll take it over the heavy rains and high winds that accompany southern storms. Is it being in the plant by yourself that has you so worried? At least it's sturdy in there. Hope you feel better. Congrats on the nephew's engagement - makes me sad that marriage has become so passé nowadays. Also makes me sad on the flip side that thanks to reality tv young brides are all bridezillas trying to make the event into a 3 ring circus. I guess that officially qualifies me as an old fashioned coot.

Laura - ick skunk. We would get one occasionally walking through the yard. We tried the mothballs thing which did not deter it at all - at least I didn't think so and those things are soooo toxic that they scare me so I would rather be around the skunk. Sorry the jazzersize class was so hot - I hate that - particularly if you can't shower afterwards.

Annie - sorry Lil Man is having ear troubles. Poor guy. I feel badly for the little kids when they have those troubles - both for the pain and the ordeal of the tubes. Can't believe Royce is 3 months already - time sure does fly by. Glad you at least get to spend more time with them while they are tiny. Thrift shop is doing well, thanks for asking. Sales are off from last month's opening but we expected that. Still ahead of this time last year. We just need to look at ways to keep sales up - hence the road trip tomorrow. Kitties are doing well too - both of them confiscated my side of the bed last night - 2 twelve pound sacks of cement that were not giving up their comfy warm spots so I had to find other sleeping accommodations - taking my own bed back tonight tho. Sooooo... what are the big plans for your birthday on Thursday??? Bet C has something nice for you. Sounds like you wore yourself out with the yardwork yesterday.

Terra - we had a couple of WATP tapes come into the thrift shop - thought of you but who has a VHS player anymore?

Hi Susie and Shad - hope you are enjoying your weekend!

I am seriously leaning to skipping the garden this year. Will cost us more money as I need to build a reinforcement for the climbing things as well as adding more garden dirt to the raised beds. And there is that thing about crossing the yard twice a day to water the garden and fight the mossies. Just seems like too much trouble so I may skip it this year and get my tomatoes from the roadside stands in town. I will have to spend some time weeding out there - but the raised beds are loose dirt so that's not too difficult - will have to wear one of the bug jackets and hats tho. Anyway have a good Sunday ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #65  

Michelle
I'm with you and take your body into your own hands. We know what we can tolerate. I'm sure enough going to. I've tried those masks and they either don't fit right or I don't have the right kind. I can't find the one I want to wear.

Laura
After talking to my co-worker this morning I'm thinking that I got a good dose of paint fumes. Our maintenance man was using a chemical peeler and it reacted to some rust on the floor. She told me he called in sick on Thursday. So I'm going to mention this fact tomorrow to the bosses.

Happy
Can't blame you for not putting out a garden this year. It's almost to late. And by the way I do have a vhs player. Guess I'm an oldie too, It's not just the storms really. It's the thought of being at work with all the pumps and motors and electricity that scares me the most. To much responsibility for this old coot. Oh how I would like to retire!

-----
I have calmed down for now. but here we go again. My co-worker has brought down the computer from one end of the desk to other. I need to do some more moving to make it more useful.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #66  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Very early morning for me - up at 5. Road trip - 2 and a half hour drive to visit a contact's successful thrift shop. While it should be interesting, I am not keen on burning my whole day up but it's a great learning opportunity and I think they are counting on me. Trying to wake up with just the fewest sips of coffee. Will be back later on to catch up with everyone.

Have a good start to the week...
Old 06-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #67  

Morning all.

Michelle – Good for you not giving up on your goals to strengthen your back and be able to walk and hike longer distances without pain. You know your body best! What movie did you end up seeing?

Shad – Glad you back is better. No scootering for me yet – need a license, and I haven’t even been doing any practice yet in the nearby church parking lot like bf has. Did you find an outfit for the party?

Ceejay – Sorry you lost your photos off your cell phone – any way of recovering them? Gosh you’re getting the rain in your area!! Congrats to your nephew on his engagement. Breathing in the chemical fumes is not a good thing. What the heck was the maintenance man thinking?!?!?! I think I’d be a nervous Nellie being responsible for the plant when storms are wreaking havoc with electricity and all that equipment! I hope you get a quiet weather period where you don’t have to worry about that for a bit!

Happy – Everyone seems to be talking about that movie and book “The Fault in our Stars”. I saw the trailer and I’m just not sure it’s my thing. Lol re the cats taking over your side of the bed. How are they doing? Wonder if the Thermacell could stand up to the droves of skeeters you have up there this year? Good of you to take the long road trip and a full day to check out another thrift store. I hope you learn a lot of helpful things that can be incorporated into yours. Yeh, if I tried mothballs, I’d only want to do it outside the backyard, like right where I think the skunks enter the yard. I wouldn’t want that toxic stuff anywhere near Coal.

Terra – Good for you ordering the WATP dvd – it’ll be just the thing when you can’t get out for a walk.

Annie – I hope you’re enjoying your time off – yes, a job will find you, or vice versa. Patience, sister! Awww, poor li’l guy with the infection. Hope he’s feeling better now. Glad to hear R. is doing well. Nothing like a smiley baby. I saw Godzilla – those kinds of movies aren’t really my thing, but it was entertaining and pretty well done. I’m thinking some of the hokey parts with the characters are in keeping with the feeling of the old Godzilla movies? I don’t know because I never watched on of the old ones!! There are many movies that I’ve seen at the theater or taken a pass on that were probably better to just wait ‘til they were available on dvd or Netflix. I like to get out to the theater, but won’t pay full price 99.9% of the time. So nice to hear you’ll visit your bff in St. Louis!!!! You must be looking forward to that.

Susie – Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!
==
Well, it’s Monday again. I didn’t have a great weekend due to the gut problem, which is still giving me some discomfort but seems to be at the end. Yesterday I did a wee bit of weeding and more cleaning up of some leftover leaves - wasn't up for much more. I did get over to Home Depot for a couple tomato plants – one roma, one cherry. Also bought a flat of impatiens. I think that will be the extent of my gardening this year, unless I get some herbs going as well.

Having just replaced one of the lawnmower wheels, now the carb needs rebuilding. Sigh. Bf can buy a kit and do the work himself, but we agree this is the last season for this mower. It’s given us 13 years, that’s good enough.

Bf and I decided we would get rid of the crowded thatch of FIVE hydrangea bushes right off our patio. They are so very beautiful when they bloom, but they don’t bloom for us reliably every year and I don’t know what to do to get them to, so that’s that. Freeing up that space will let us use it in another way. Maybe a fairy gardent? This is one I see when I walk with Coal. This photo is from last year. This year's looks slightly different, so I'll have to snap a photo of it.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #68  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy ~ I actually still have my VCR and I still watch my VCR tapes

Laura ~ Yeah Im glad I ordered it too, It will come in handy when the weather is bad.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yesterday I started to post. The system network went haywire, I recovered my post eventually and then 3fc decided that it wasn't going to play ball. So I lost it again, and then decided to do work instead.

Not much to report here. I have an end date for this job - picked it myself. 11th July. Now I can give the landlady notice and then plan my little holiday, some of which will be spent in the Archives digging into the family history once more and then down to the South Island of NZ for a drive around some of the most beautiful places on Earth. Nice to know whats happening for the next month or two.

Happy - hope you enjoy your drive around the countryside checking out the opposition. I think they call that industrial espionage. Hope those mossies give up soon. Just ensure you have no uncovered water bowls, butts or buckets around the house that the rain will collect in. Sounds like you need to regrade the land to take away all the hollows in the bushes.

Laura - what a lovely wee garden for the fairies. Some people have wonderful ideas for the gardens and such a knack for putting things into perspective.

Ceejay - all those chemicals around. I sincerely hope your company has all the right things on board to prevent and contain any chemical spill.
You sure did have some crazy dreams. Storms are a fairly natural phenomonem in many parts of the world. At least you can see them and hear them. You never know about an earthquake until you feel it, although some of them do make a noise.

Annie - both Happy are I are in the same month - birthdays that is. I am on the 25th and she is the 27th. We had a birthday each a couple of months back. That should sort you out with us.

Guess I better go do something. The 11th July is not that far off.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #70  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

Sorry for being away all weekend and all morning today. The weekend went by so quickly. My company is doing a shutdown for the week of June 30-July 4, and I'm really looking forward to having a week off. I don't have any plans to take a trip during that time, but I'm hoping to be able to get over to the beach at least a couple days that week.

Friday after work, I took Santa to the dog park. He was limping just slightly when I picked him up from day care, but that didn't slow him down any at the dog park. He was running after all the dogs and having a great time. I don't know if Santa found something at the dog park to eat that he shouldn't have, but he was quick sick Friday night. And when we went to obedience training on Saturday morning, not only did Santa not want to move AT ALL from a sitting or lying down position, he didn't even bark or show any interest in the other dogs...and that's just not like Santa. He was doing a lot better by Saturday evening, so I dropped him at day care for a few hours so D and I could go out to dinner and see the "X-Men" movie (which we both thought was very good). I especially enjoyed the movie for the brief scene when you got to see Hugh Jackman nekkid as a jay-bird (okay it was only from the back, but what a nice back and tushie! Dang, that man has a fine body! I've seen him in interviews say that he really has to train hard for months to get into shape for the Wolverine character, and it certainly showed. Santa was fine on Sunday. I was going to go to the beach with Santa in the morning, but didn't get an early start, so we just went to the park. Sunday afternoon, I went to a Plus-Size lingerie fashion show. I went mostly to support my yoga teacher who had a vendor booth there since her yoga classes are perfect for larger people who feel intimidated by all the slender, flexible people in most yoga classes.

I confess though, the fashion show brought up a lot of feelings for me. How I wish I were as comfortable in my own skin as the models and several other women appeared to be. It made me wonder/question whether I'll ever be comfortable in my own skin even when I'm at weight that is closer to my definition of my "ideal" weight. Because I know that self-confidence, or lack thereof, really comes from the inside and not about how you look. On the positive side, all the inner critic monologue motivated me to go straight from the fashion show to the gym, where I did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike (the only cardio machine I can do for that long). As I was riding the bike, I kept thinking of a t-shirt I bought at the fashion show that says: "Strong is the New Skinny", which motivated me to follow up the cardio with 1/2 hour of strength training.

After I was done at the gym, I picked Santa up and we went to the dog park. It was in the low to mid 90s, but he still seemed to enjoy himself.

Today after work, I'm going to a water aerobics class, and then will take Santa to the dog park after I pick him up. Should be perfect timing as it's another scorcher today, but by the time we get to the park it will be 7:15 or 7:30.

I haven't had a chance to read what y'all have been up to, but I'll do that tonight or first thing in the morning.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #71  

Morning all. Had an uncomfortable day at work yesterday. My brilliant prune plan did not help with my gut recovery, in fact it just added to the discomfort.

Today I called in sick. Between this thing & feeling burnt out at work, I just needed a day to lay low. Already bored. Guess I'll have some breakfast & do some puttering. I'll probably be back later. TTFN.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #72  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Had a really nice road trip yesterday. Went almost all the way to Minneapolis - it's a nice drive out that way - rolling country and such. Will have to try it again with DH. You wouldn't believe how nice this thrift store was - it's a small college town but they are fortunate I guess living near the city to get a constant stream of donations. They are in a huge retail space - former furniture store - and the way they have everything displayed, no wonder they do so well - heck even I wanted to shop there!

Today I have to do my shift at the store and then another dentist visit afterwards

Laura - sorry you are feeling so badly. I find that pears help better than prunes. Canned or fresh - doesn't matter - I guess it's a good balance of water and fiber in them. Hope the rest of your day goes better. LOVED that garden pic!!!!!

Michelle - interesting post about the fashion show and your own feelings. I have had similar thoughts. Not sure I subscribe to the big and beautiful theory myself. I'd rather be smaller and feeling better - less stress on the achy joints and such. Glad tho that you found motivation to push a little longer and harder at the gym. Just keep plugging away and take pleasure in the success of a job well done

Shad - sounds like you picked a perfect end to your contract. How I wish I could accompany you on the SNZ drive!!! Good to be wrapping things up I imagine.

Ceejay - I do understand that once you get retirement in your brain and it's within reach, every frustration seems amplified and scratches that itch to "get the heck out of dodge"

Hello to the rest of the chicks I gotta get ready for the day...
Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #73  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

My WATP DVD came in the mail yesterday. I dont know if it was this thread where someone said to compare scales, the scale at the doctor's and my home scale but I did that today and they are the same
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #74  

As soon as this weather calms down I'm going for a week end trip some where. I'm thinking about the watering hole where we used to go swimming
as youngsters.

Checked out FB this morning and our little one is in the hospital with a high fever. I had to text my sis to find out the problem but they still don't have any results or she hasn't contacted me.

Happy
Did you go by yourself or with some one? Always nice to check other stores. Are they thinking of making you full time?

Laura
Sorry you have the "tummy" woes. Hope you feel better soon.

Shad
So you've picked the "retirement" date for this job. How long will you take off this time?

Susie
Have I missed your post? If not it's time to come up for air.

Terra
I may get out my WATP DVD and do it this week end. I'm going to try to walk at least 10 minutes while I'm at work.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #75  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

After work yesterday, I went to the gym for an hour of aqua aerobics, which was a lot of fun and an excellent workout while staying cool! Then I picked up Santa from day care and we went to the dog park from 7 to 8 pm. Santa had a great time running around with his doggie friends getting petted by his human friends.

I did not sleep well last night. It was so hot. Even with the fan blowing at top speed it was too warm to sleep. Temps are supposed to be 10 degrees cooler today with highs in the upper 80s/low 90s.

Today I'm leaving work a little early to see the chiropractor anddiscuss the xrays they took and request them on a CD so I can take them to my primary physician. Then it's dinner with two wonderful high school (one of them lives in Las Vegas and is just in town for a couple days for a conference). These ladies were the ones who took me ziplining for my 50th b'day do-over celebration.

My headaches have been doing better. I'm hoping that if I remember to stay hydrated and to keep my blood sugar stabilized by eating healthy at regular intervals (rather than skipping breakfast which I sometimes do on the weekends). As for the hydration, there's a REASON why pretty much everyone in CA carries a water bottle all the time in the summer. I need to get in that habit.

My back is a little sore from exercising two days in a row...so today I'll just do some stretches when I get home, and probably a short walk so Santa can do his bizness.

I'm looking forward to Saturday because after Santa and I do another session of obedience training, I'm going to take him to day care and then head up to San Francisco to meet up with a friend and go to a Crystal Fair...this fair isn't about crystal stemware and vases, but rather crystal stones - like clear quartz crystals, rose quartz, amethyst, etc. I hope the prices are reasonable.

============================

Okay....I'm going to try and catch up on personals.

Happy - What are the odds of a couple from Australia visiting your small town in Northern Wisconsin while they toured the States! Way cool! Interesting you mentioned "The Fault In Our Stars". I definitely want to see that. It looks very good. I hope you can find a mosquito solution soon. I have a friend in the UP of Michigan who says that the mosquitos are horrendous there too. Glad you had a nice road trip to the other thrift store and got to see what they were doing right! Though up at 5 is even early for me, and I'm a morning person. Did you have company for the long drive? As for "big and beautiful", I think many women can pull it off. with me though, I used to be thin...back in my early and mid 20s. And when I look at myself, sometimes I get angry for all the unhealthy choices I've made over the years, and angry that the result of the unhealthy choices is this body and my health issues. I'm still confident that I can and will get at least 50-75 lbs off. And I'm going to do that by making better food choices and exercising at least 4 days a week. And I'm going to gradually increase the amount I walk, starting with 5 minutes out and back, and working up from there as my back allows.

Terra - Good for you for ordering WATP! It's always good to have a backup plan to turn to in inclement weather.

Annie - I hope little man is doing better now. So glad to hear that Royce is growing well! I'm so glad you're using this time to go visit your friend in St. Louis! I know you'll have a great time. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my week off the first week in July.

Shad - Good for you for selecting an end date for your current job. And it sounds like you'll have a lovely time off.

Laura - I'm so sorry to hear you felt lousy all weekend and it's lasted through 'till today. I give you credit for doing Jazzercise on Saturday in a building without AC. I loved the photo of the Fairy Garden. I'd just love one of those. Sending you lots of healing energy and good vibes. :

Ceejay - Congrats to your nephew on his engagement! Sorry to hear that all the storms got you stressed out. I used to be on edge anytime severe weather was forecasted, and the storms you get are usually worse than Wisconsin storms.

Susie - I hope you're having a good week.

Well, I'd really better get back to it, especially since I'm leaving early today.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote