Old 07-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #301  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Is it hot at your way? It was hot here too. It feels great to have low humidity and 70. Eventhough, I promised after the horrid winter we had, I would not complain about the hot weather And I won't!! Just appreciating the 70's weather, taking it as it comes.

My Finland plans are complete. Now I need to think about my wardrobe. It may be in the 50's in September; if we get lucky in the low 60's; if we get unlucky; rainy and cold. I have million pairs of jeans but they are all starting to be too big, and ratty. I think I will buy 2 pairs of jeans and some cute long sleeved shirts. I definitely need a new lined fall coat. DD has a nice one, and I may take hers...
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 245/120/135

Height: 5'4"

love2b150

Sorry it took me so long. And in the meantime I lost the thread. To answer your question about the "Pop Chips" They are 15 Grams of Carbs per snack bag Hope that helps.
jayavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #303  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies. Today is a fasting day for me. Not my usual schedule, but it fits the schedule this week. Just had a nice big cup of coffee and I am so tired. I wanted to stay in bed this morning so badly Hopefully today will be easy. I have a yummy dinner to look forward to tonight. Forgot to defrost the chicken though...

Been getting loads of compliments lately. I must have hit that sweet spot in my weight loss...it only took 40 pounds for people to notice! The executive director at my work even noticed. He asked me my secret and I said there is none - I don't want to discuss 5:2 with anyone. Maybe when I'm at goal weight? I just don't need my coworkers in my business when it comes to food.

Sum - Is it hot here?! Ugh! Actually, this morning was the first break in temperature. It has been near the 90s for the past couple of weeks and 100% humidity. It's only supposed to be in the low 80s today. I am lucky that I am in air conditioning at the office all day, but it doesn't make me want to do anything outdoors. Oh darn - sounds like you will have to go shopping for your vacation. What a shame :P That must be fun to be able to borrow from your daughter!

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-16-2014 at 08:58 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #304  
Fat to Fab and Fit

It is so cold here today; 65 F. You will probably get this weather too noname.

Celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary today; in different states I can not believe that it has been 20 years. I have the best husband in this world, many would have not dealt with me for this long And I know, if we stay healthy, we will celebrate our 60th at some point. We both come from families that live long. My mom is 81 and living a healthy life; she even goes to the gym 2-3 times per week.

So I am a bit sad that we are apart today. It is a milestone. Many of our friends did not last this long.

Today is my fast day #2 for the week. Going strong. I kinda ate too much last night, as usual. Hoping that I can stay OP tonight.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #305  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Isn't it nice to receive those compliments nonameslob? -- I love when people notice. I know some people don't like the attention, but I feel that because I have worked so hard at this, it is nice that people see it. I am not shy
Old 07-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #306  
Call me NNS!

Happy anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Sum!!!! 20 years is AWESOME!

You know what, my granddad and grandmom are 92 and 88 respectively, and they have been married for well over 60 years (I think she was 19 when they married so close to 70 years!). I can only wish for such a lifetime of health and happiness and a long marriage like that. Happy for you Sum, and I hope you get to celebrate when he gets back with a nice dinner or maybe something more special than that

How's your fast going? I have had no problem drinking water today! 3/4 of a gallon down already. Can't wait to get home and make dinner. Then I'll be going to the gym to keep my mind off of food.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #307  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I had coffee, the real kind and took my hunger away. I usually drink decaf, not this has made me all jittery.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:11 AM   #308  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Thanks noname!! 20 years is amazing...sometimes I think my DH is a Saint for sticking with me...

I wrote a long post and then I clicked on something and it disappeared... so I am copying a post from a different thread....

Since I am back on the wagon, and secondly would like to lose some pounds before my Finland trip, I told my husband that I want to celebrate our anniversary in September when we are in Finland; so no dinner out this weekend.

I booked a table in this really unique restaurant in Finland. It only seats 26 people and reservations are hard to come by, but I managed to get a table! The menu is a surprise, you can decide if you want vegetarian, fish or meat and allergies are honored, but the chef decides everything else All produce, meat and fish come from the local farmers/fishers and all are grass fed, wild caught and over all natural products with out hormones, pesticides etc. The dinner itself is supposed to last for hours, some people say they dined for 4 hours This restaurant was elected as the THE restaurant of the year for 2014. So I am super excited to be going there. It won't be a cheap affair, but hey it is our 20th anniversary, right!

Back to weight loss; scale is finally moving at the right direction. 138. I lost 1.4 pounds last week. Slightly disappointed, but hey it is progress...plus if I were to drop 1.4 pounds each week before my Finland trip, I could be at 128 pounds by the time we leave!!!! That would be AWESOME! Definitely a solid size 6.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #309  
Call me NNS!

Sum Wow that sounds amazing!!! Definitely worth the wait! And good idea to not have the temptations of a nice dinner out right now. I'm so glad to hear you are losing again. You should be very very happy with that 1.4 pounds

My loss has been slow the last two weeks - .4 pounds last week, .4 pounds this week. But my strength training has been going very well and I'm seeing a lot of visual changes. It may slow my loss but I think it is worth it in the long term! I also think I have been slightly overeating on fast days, as I haven't been measuring my food. So next week I'll try weighing everything again to get back on track. However, I haven't been snacking at all on fast days, so that's an improvement! Last week it was like, a few slices of cucumbers here, a few olives there....

Beach this weekend! Can't wait to feel confident in my bathing suit!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #310  
Fat to Fab and Fit

NonameGood job going to the gym and lifting! I have slacked off for 10 days and I can tell that my muscles are getting flappier (Is that a word...). You are due for a nice whoosh!! 189 here we come!

My DH DRAGGED me to the gym last night for my aerobic class and then DRAGGED me again for a walk. I was so against both, but I am glad I went!! So dropped almost a pound yesterday and he is claiming that as "his" pound

More baseball today. But it is an early game, we'll be home by 2 pm. So I am sure my will take me to the gym for a weigh lifting session, and I need to give the pup a walk too. Grass is long too and that will take an hour pushing the mower. -- A lot of movement planned for today!!

I WILL workout everyday next week. When I keep up with my workouts the pounds just melt off (with proper diet that is). Yell at me if I come here and say that I did not feel like working out!!! Remind me that Finland trip is getting closer by the day and I want to look FAB!

I feel optimistic that I will see 134/135 bu Friday. 134 would be the lowest I have seen during this journey.

Did I tell you that I bought these coated jeans, they look like soft leather? They are navy blue. I bought a lace top to go with it and kind of electric blue bolero with matching heels...anyhow they are too tight right now. They fit but give me a slight muffin top, which I can not stand. I need to lose 5-8 pounds for them to fit fabulous (maybe even 10 pounds for them to look amazing...). I really want to wear them in Finland when we go to a jazz club one night.

My Finland plans are complete; I have planned every minute for each day. We'll be doing lots of walking. I picked things to see along the way, but we will explore the streets as well. A little freedom. I picked different parts of the town to see on different days. Finland has lots of islands, and one night we are doing a dinner cruise around the Helsinki shore. We will go to one art exhibit; Tove Jannson who created Moomin (do you know that cartoon?) was Finnish and born 100 years ago this year and her work is being displayed. That will be the only museum I will drag my poor husband in. -- I even know where we eat each meal. Read all reviews, scouted the menus...call me OCD!!

I ordered these city sneakers, they were pricey $85, I hope they will be comfortable. Do you know how one can spot American in Europe? -- By their shoes!!! Americans wear gym shoes (and fanny packs). So I wanted to "blend" in with these cool looking canvas shoes, but still be able to walk 10 miles per day. I will not be seen in my running shoes in Europe!

Well I need to start my day... oh BTW, Rennie has not abandoned us, she just started a new job and is busy!

to all!

Last edited by Sum38; 07-19-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #311  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum HAPPY ANNIVERSARY I am so sorry I missed it. I was all set to say happy 29th and I think I even talked to you (MFP) and I completely forgot. I'm sure you two had an excellent day to remember

Sum and noname on the compliments and the continued successes on 5:2.

I have loss my way again and I am back up to 165. I think when I get into a routine I will be able to do better. Right now I do well during the day because I have to pack and when I get home it's carb city and I am exhausted. When I can get things all figured out I'll start back on 5:2. Huh I just had a thought. What if I eat during the day, and then fast every evening? Would that be good? I mean eat my breakfast which is typically a shake and then I have lunch and then no dinner? I'll have to add that up and see what I come up with. I would like your thoughts on this

Last edited by love2b150; 07-20-2014 at 03:30 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #312  
Call me NNS!

Rennie, good to have you back! Congratulations on your new job!!! I think your idea is worth a try. I know it wouldn't work for me, but it might work for you. You'll figure it out once you get settled

Sum, wow you really have planned everything. You must be getting very excited! It's nice to have a DH that cares about you enough to do the things you don't want to do, but in the end they are worth it. Good luck with your goal this week. You can do it!!!

Today wasn't going to be a fast day as we had plans for dinner with friends, but they had to cancel. Thankfully I found this out before lunch so I think I will turn it into a fast day. I think I have plenty at home so I can make a nice fast day dinner. I just really need to force myself to weigh and measure everything this time. I've been getting very off track with how much food is 500 calories lol

Edit: Scratch that! Today is NOT a fast day lol BF is off today and wants to go out for a drive and bring the grill. Tomorrow

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-21-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #313  
Call me NNS!

Okay, yesterday was nice, but I'm looking forward to fasting today! I realllllllllllllllllllly want to see 189 by July 31
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #314  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I fasted yesterday, but then lost it at night. I was bored after a busy day and ate....not stepping on that scale, I would be heart broken if it was above 140.

I was really busy yesterday. My MIL had surgery done at the hospital where I volunteer. I went in early and sat with my FIL to awhile and saw my MIL right after she was brought to her room. I peaked on her during my shift and I went and sat with her for 3 hours after my shift. I wanted to see the doctor and make sure she had all meds etc ordered before I left.

Today I have a fun day planned. We are going to spend the day on friend's boat. Temps are expected to hit 90, so a boat ride will be refreshing.

I hope I can keep my eating in check.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #315  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Noname I want you to see that 189 soon too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a nice day with your bf!

Rennie Oh, I am sorry! Pick yourself back up again! You can do it!!!